Is Pharmacy Tech. a good career change ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Mrs Unemployed in Dayton, Ohio

60 months ago

"dd740 in Gladstone, Oregon" I have found a 40 hour program at a Community College that I hope to attend, the only thing I see that might be a slight draw back to this program is that they do not offer externship. But I hope to arrange my own externship with the local small town pharmacy, which has already let me "shadow" their pharmacy techs. for half a day (so I could see the job in action).

Thank you for your input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ale95u25u430 in Roanoke, Texas

46 months ago

dd740 you sound like a big snob!!! I am not lazy at all but trying to get by to pay bills most people arent lucky like you and your daughter and cant afford to go to school that long with no job! I am currently unemployed cause wells fargo Home mortgage just laid everyone off. I am 26 and have no choice be to find a fast track program to hurry and start working again... my mommy and daddy wont help with my bills so I think you should probably think before you get on here putting others down for just trying to make a living and get by with what they can

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

1976 baby in La Place, Louisiana

32 months ago

hi im reading these comments and some of them are accuses i work and go to pharamacy tech school and im also a mother of a one year old yes it is hard out their but god is good and everything i do i put my all in it for myself and my son and i faith in believing that choosing this program is a good choice im a cna and i alo went to school for medcial billing coding and finished and didnt get a job in it with externship and i never gave up on that you can do anything you set your mind to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ChicaSue in Parker, Colorado

15 months ago

Stop whining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erica in Sacramento, California

14 months ago

I've been looking around for information on this field too. I found this site that gave me some good info: I read a really good article on picking out the best pharmacy tech schools at this website: www.howtobecomeapharmacytech.org

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.