Jobless for 1 year, on food stamps, help w/ cover letter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Bloomer in Saint Louis, Missouri

27 months ago

I want to get a job as a pharmacy technician. I genuinely need help with my cover letter. My college teachers have helped me but I still believe the cover letter needs work. On a professional opinion, will this work?

Hard copy: sender address and contact info at top. Your address and the date can be left-justified, or centered.)

Your Street Address
City, State Zip Code
Telephone Number
E-mail Address
March, 31, 2012
Mr./Ms./Dr. FirstName LastName
Title
Name of Organization
Street or P. O. Box Address
City, State Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms./Dr. LastName:
I have learned about your position in the BJC website. My skills acquired from the accredited college Midwest Institute would improve your pharmacy operations. I have earned academic awards in both modules and had good attendance.
I want to apply the vital knowledge learned in college in a real world situation. During my training at my Walgreens externship, I practiced order entry, typing in the patient’s date of birth and/or first/last name to pull up their prescription information. I’ve learned to do third party billing if the patient had Medicaid, or other insurances. My resume enclosed can give you more detail on my skills as a licensed pharmacy technician.
I’ll call you by telephone in about 2 days from this day. I’m curious about this company’s work ethic, and hiring opportunities. I’ll follow up with a physical visit in a week. Let me know what documents and information I should bring. Thank you for your
Best Regards,
(Your handwritten signature [on hard copy])
Your name typed
(In case of e-mail, your full contact info appears below your printed name [instead of at the top, as for hard copy], and of course there is no handwritten signature)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bloomer in Saint Louis, Missouri

27 months ago

personal info omitted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bloomers in Saint Louis, Missouri

27 months ago

Hello? Help me please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MzEmily in Santa Rosa, California

27 months ago

Dear Mr. Smith:

I am most interested in your pharmacy technician position, which is advertised on BJC's website, and I am attaching my resume for your consideration. I believe that my education, experience, skill sets, and traits are an exceptional match.

I am a licensed pharmacy technician; I earned a pharmacy technician certificate from Midwest Institute with high honors in modules. I also graduated with a perfect attendance record.

During my externship at Walgreen's pharmacy, I gained experience in third party billing, as well as order entry. Working with customers and staff, I gained strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational abilities with meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to produce rapid and accurate results under time constraints.

I possess a strong work ethic: I am punctual, dependable, tenacious, trustworthy, and ethical. Further, I have a professional appearance and demeanor.

Thank you for taking the time to review my resume, and I welcome the opportunity of an interview.

Sincerely,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lauren Gables in Elmhurst, New York

27 months ago

What if you don't know the name of the person?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MzEmily in Santa Rosa, California

27 months ago

If you don't know the name of the person who placed the ad, you can call or email the organization to ask. If the name of the pharmacy is not listed in the ad, then it is appropriate to address the saluation line as "Dear Recruiter" or "Attention: Human Resources" or even to leave out the "Dear" part and just type "Re: Pharmacy Technician Position."

There are a number of reference books on writing cover letters for jobs in libraries. These can be very helpful.

27 months ago

Thank you everyone, I'll take what you said in consideration. I may ask for additional help in the future. My college teacher won't help me. She refused... I accused her of making too many assumptions about me and she took it very personally and refused to help... I feel sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Thanks everyone, I'll take what you guys said in consideration. My college teacher refused to help me. Last time I ever go to a fast track college. She was offended that I accused her of making too many assumptions about me. I thought I could talk about misunderstandings with her but she just took it too personally...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.