Male Pharmacy Technicians

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 58 of 58)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

this is it in York, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Pharmacy Tech jobs sucks. I am a fairly new CPhT and this job is WAYYYYYYYYY underpaid. The CPhT is only a starting point. You will know nothing until you get hands on. Until this job is recognized for the knowledge you need and the physical abuse on your body (legs and feet - you are on them ALL day) there will continue to be an employment turnover and lesser qualified, trained individuals. I'm out of here. Not worth the pennies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BisonBrandon in Hillsboro, Oregon

48 months ago

Speaking from a pharmacist perspective, I'm actually looking to hire a Male or Two for my pharmacy. All those ladies can get CATTY in a hurry! In working with floating technicians that are male (and being one in past years before I graduated), I can appreciate someone who is motivated to do the best (s)he can day in and day out and not let politics or workplace drama affect him/her. My professors always told me through school that a good technician is worth his/her weight in gold.

Find someone who is able to appreciate your work style and the pay and rewards will pay off in time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tores253 in Lakewood, Washington

39 months ago

yea it is a f-ken g-y job i wish i would of chose something else,,but i guess i can get used to it controlling my situations with bi--h a-s customers who wanna make your job harder by talking s-it and bit-h a-s pharmicist who think their the s-it imma start talking s-it to these nerdy little bi-chmade pus-ies thinkin their better than eveveryone just cause they the pharmacist sh-t no one really understands the pressure this job holds for a male pharmacy tech,, you get treated like sh-t and its time to change this situation by not giving a f-ck and talking sh-t to those that treat you like sh-t without worrying about getting fired by talking with the pharmacy direct maneger

Kay in Spring Grove, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

hmmmmmm. I wonder why you're having such a rough time of it? Couldn't be an attitude problem could it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

There is no such thing as a man or woman job. For example, nurses. Males nurses make really good money-probably more then those so called manly jobs. Isnt being a man being able to provide for your family.

Lozeeeee in Redding, California

31 months ago

I'm thinking about taking a phrmcy tech program... I feel the same way but I'm planning on having a family n I dnt think about what pp think be. I'm gonna go for it!

Sean p. in Panama City, Florida

17 months ago

Danny in Romney, West Virginia said: I have to vent my feelings to someone so Im choosing this method. Im about to graduate from a Pharmacy Tech class and take my certification test. Now my mind is playing with me. I feel like Im a P...Y for being a pharmacy tech. You know, I just wanna be a man. I feel like I should be working a real mans job or something. Also, the weird looks I get from customers doesnt help. And when I answer the phones, they are always real suprised that Im a male tech. "They have male pharmacy techs" thats what a few people have said. And I work with all women. Even the pharmacists. I really dont know what kind of reply Im asking for here. Maybe a little motivation, Maybe someone to tell me to get a real mans job. All of the above reasons are why Im thinking of getting far away from this. Even if it means less pay.

I have been a cook, barber, restaurant manager, bar manager, DJ, cable installer, carpenter you name it. My wife graduated with a RN degree and now I am going back to be a Pharmacy tech. We have 3 children and if it provides I do not care. Also PT job growth for the next 5 yrs is over 20%. If it pays the bills who cares. Just continue the education and see how far you can go. A man takes care of himself and his own, don't worry about the peabrains.

Barbara in Virginia in Winchester, Virginia

17 months ago

Danny in Romney, West Virginia said: I have to vent my feelings to someone so Im choosing this method. Im about to graduate from a Pharmacy Tech class and take my certification test. Now my mind is playing with me. I feel like Im a P...Y for being a pharmacy tech. You know, I just wanna be a man. I feel like I should be working a real mans job or something. Also, the weird looks I get from customers doesnt help. And when I answer the phones, they are always real suprised that Im a male tech. "They have male pharmacy techs" thats what a few people have said. And I work with all women. Even the pharmacists. I really dont know what kind of reply Im asking for here. Maybe a little motivation, Maybe someone to tell me to get a real mans job. All of the above reasons are why Im thinking of getting far away from this. Even if it means less pay.

Danny, I just saw your comment and hope you've settled into a profession good for you. Please come across the mountain to Winchester, VA where more PharmD and techs are male, if that will make you feel more comfortable. (Many areas of America are pockets of gender / etc dominance). However, please don't let your "wrong head" make decisions -- it doesn't have a brain (tee hee hee). As a female, I've worked all sorts of jobs, some traditionally female, some traditionally male. I've had to support myself, and had I allowed the "norm" to dictate my job searches, I'd have gone hungry, naked, and shelterless. Being a man, rather than just a male, is the difference between being told what to think, feel, and act because you have a penis, as opposed to whether or not you are mature enough to know the difference and are able to act on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.