Mometrix Media Flash Card Secrets

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Atlas in Tempe, Arizona

58 months ago

Did anyone use these for studying for the PTCE? I'm worried that the flash cards I made aren't really sufficient. The Mometrix flash cards are a bit pricey but I really want to pass the PTCE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Silsbee, Texas

58 months ago

While I have not taken the PTCE exam personally, I have used Mometrix study materials and was very pleased with the results.

I took the GRE following my last semester of college in order to pursue graduate studies. I decided not to attend graduate school at the time and to pursue a career instead. Five years later, I decided it was time to earn a graduate degree. My GRE scores had expired and I had to re-take the GRE in order to apply to another graduate school. Using the study guide and flashcards from Mometrix as my ONLY study resources, my overall test score on the GRE was 200 points higher than it was immediately following undergraduate graduation!

All of this played into my decision to take a position with the company 3 years later. The main reason I decided to work for Mometrix was because of how much their study materials helped me prepare for the exam. I wouldn't want to be a part of selling a product I didn't believe in.

No study resource will work unless you do, but the study guides offer helpful study tips, practice questions, and in many cases they include complete practice tests. The flashcards are in a question and answer format to help you understand the underlying concepts the test questions will be based on. The best part is that if you aren't pleased with the materials, they offer a one year money back guarantee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

RH in Lilburn, Georgia

54 months ago

A "testimonial" by an employee doesn't validate any system, in my opinion, although his comments may be totally true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diamond in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Jay in Silsbee, Texas said: While I have not taken the PTCE exam personally, I have used Mometrix study materials and was very pleased with the results.

I took the GRE following my last semester of college in order to pursue graduate studies. I decided not to attend graduate school at the time and to pursue a career instead. Five years later, I decided it was time to earn a graduate degree. My GRE scores had expired and I had to re-take the GRE in order to apply to another graduate school. Using the study guide and flashcards from Mometrix as my ONLY study resources, my overall test score on the GRE was 200 points higher than it was immediately following undergraduate graduation!

All of this played into my decision to take a position with the company 3 years later. The main reason I decided to work for Mometrix was because of how much their study materials helped me prepare for the exam. I wouldn't want to be a part of selling a product I didn't believe in.

No study resource will work unless you do, but the study guides offer helpful study tips, practice questions, and in many cases they include complete practice tests. The flashcards are in a question and answer format to help you understand the underlying concepts the test questions will be based on. The best part is that if you aren't pleased with the materials, they offer a one year money back guarantee.

Caution!!!! I've read several reviews and "Jay in Silsbee" has posted this same comment of many other review sites! Beware

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Diamond in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Beware! I've read several reviews on other sites and "Jay in Silsbee" his comment is identical on all sites. An employee review is biased, not the same as is not a customer testimonial. Also I looked up the BBB and there were 32 complaints. 11 of the complaints are Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Lumberton, Texas

44 months ago

We service tens of thousands of customers each year. Many of these complaints involve customers who supply an incorrect email address, which prevents our communicating with them to resolve their issue. The remainder of the complaints are customers who don't even give us a chance to solve their issue; unfortunately, when you advertise online that you're a member of the BBB and deal with as many customers as we do, many people take that as license to file a complaint first and ask questions later. You'll notice that all of the complaints have been resolved, which means we closed them out to the customer's satisfaction, and the level of complaints is actually an extremely small proportion of our total sales as one of the largest test preparation publishers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

42 months ago

I plan to use the Mometrix Media study guide for an upcoming certification exam. I am very skeptical but I promise I will come back and let you guys know how it goes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

On second thought, maybe I won't go with Mometrix Media. I found this:

" A company that seems to change their name to stay ahead of the BBB and posts about them...do a search on here for Morrison or Morrison Study Guides and I think you'll get your answer. Just remember, you get what you pay for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

"A company that seems to change their name to stay ahead of the BBB and posts about them...do a search on here for Morrison or Morrison Study Guides and I think you'll get your answer. Just remember, you get what you pay for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Beaumont, Texas

42 months ago

Many companies have changed their name to something a little more catchy:

Quantum Computer Services = AOL
Bearing Point = KPMG Consulting
Backrub = Google
Diet Deluxe = Healthy Choice
Computing Tabulating Recording Corporation = IBM
Il Giornale Coffee Company = Starbucks
Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web = Yahoo
Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation = Sony

We made the decision to change our name back in 2009, but the Tax ID associated with our BBB account has remained the same since 2003. None of our complaints were removed as a result of the name change. Simultaneous with the name change we also launched a massive quality improvement program; Mometrix spends hundreds of thousands annually to continually improve our products. As a result, we are proud to say both our BBB complaint and refund rate, while never particularly high for our industry and sales volume, are currently at record lows. Considering we offer our customers an entire year to return their products for a refund, that speaks volumes about the quality of our products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dooped by a Scam in Cincinnati, Ohio

26 months ago

I purchased a study guide from Mometrix and it was filled with grammatical and spelling typos. The quality of the flash cards was also disappointing and my 10 year daughter could have produced better flash cards. For example, flash cards should be printed without error and the words should fit on the cards. The flash cards I received had words upon word printed over each other. I couldn't even read many of the flash cards.I tried repeatedly to get the company to replace them and each time they sent the same pathetic error prone cards. I would never buy another product from them and I advise others to be aware.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.