NEED HELP with MATH CALCULATIONS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 84 of 84)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Carebear in Warsaw, Indiana

30 months ago

The doctor writes a prescription for an insufflation for 500 mg of Amoxicillin for an adult. The active ingredient Amoxicillin is combined with a medium of Calcium Carbonate. There is a 1:3 ratio of Amoxicillin to Calcium Carbonate. The same insufflation needs to be created for an infant; the total weight of the new insuffulation is 300 mg. What is weight of Calcium Carbonate for the new insuffulation and what is the weight of Amoxicillin for the new insuffulation?

What is the simple wayto convert 222mcg into ml???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rak in Mendham, New Jersey

29 months ago

Carebear in Warsaw, Indiana said: The doctor writes a prescription for an insufflation for 500 mg of Amoxicillin for an adult. The active ingredient Amoxicillin is combined with a medium of Calcium Carbonate. There is a 1:3 ratio of Amoxicillin to Calcium Carbonate. The same insufflation needs to be created for an infant; the total weight of the new insuffulation is 300 mg. What is weight of Calcium Carbonate for the new insuffulation and what is the weight of Amoxicillin for the new insuffulation?

What is the simple wayto convert 222mcg into ml???

One way is , Let the aamount of amoxicillin be x, then Calcium carbonate is 3x

therefore x + 3x = 300 mg

4x = 300 mg
x = 75 mg Amoxicillin
3x= 225 mg Calcium carbonate.

Let me know if this answer is correct. If not i will try with another method.

29 months ago

koolrvr31 in Wichita, Kansas said: PLEASE HELP

1. The following formula is to make a total of 50 gelcaps. How much of each ingredient is needed to make only 10 gelcaps?

Formula:

caffeine 0.6 g

aspirin 2.0 g

inert ingredient 0.25 g

I have done this assignment 3 different ways and still get it wrong. I am taking the pharmacy tech course through an online school and have gotten zero help or responses from my emails. II want to understand where I am going wrong. thank you in advance

Hi pls tell me what the answer, if you dont have , its fine.
Here is my answer 0.12, 0.4 , 0.05 gm . Let me know if its correct. i would really like to help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Juan Rodriguez in Tijuana, Mexico

29 months ago

I have a 20% solution and want to dilute it to 0.02% solution. I need 10mL of 0.02% solution.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mirandalrose in Seminole, Oklahoma

28 months ago

A physician writes an order for a patient to receive KCl 40 mEq/1 L NS @ 80 ml/hr. What amount of KCl will the patient receive per hour?

28 months ago

mirandalrose in Seminole, Oklahoma said: A physician writes an order for a patient to receive KCl 40 mEq/1 L NS @ 80 ml/ hr . What amount of KCl will the patient receive per hour?

Snce KCL is administered 80 ml in 1 hr

hence for 1 l i.e 1000 ml will be given every 12.5 hrs

40 mEq = 12.5 hrs
hence in 1 hr
40 /12.5 = 3.2 mEq /hr
3.2 mEq/ hr is the answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

keshia in Richmond, Virginia

23 months ago

Plz help with solving this problem:

Calculate the flow rate in drops per minute if a physician orders DSW/NS 1,0000ml over 12 hours, with an administration set that delivers 16 gtt/ml

kelly456 in Austin, Texas

22 months ago

Swiftly convert 1080P videos, DVD, Blu-rays to Microsoft Surface Pro

Summary: You can effortlessly get your own movie library including DVD/Blu-ray movies and various formats of 1080p videos to Microsoft Surface Pro for playback on the go. It's easier that you may think and it can be done along with some help from a Ultimate Movie Converter for Microsoft Surface.

The Microsoft Surface Pro's 10.6-inch beautiful 1,920x1,080-pixel screen is great for watching movies. Maybe you have collected many Blu-ray or DVD discs, or have downloaded many 1080p/720p HD movies in different video formats from websites, now you can watch these movies easily on Surface Pro along with some help from an excellent Movie Converter for Surface.

This article here mainly shows you the way to convert and transfer your own movies (Blu-ray, DVD, 1080p videos) to Microsoft Surface Pro tablet for playback. Just follow it.

Requirements:

Pavtube Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate. The equivalent Mac version is Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac, an ideal Movie Converter for Surface which Ca on Mac OS X (Include Lion and Mountain Lion).

kelly456 in Boston, Massachusetts

21 months ago

Can I play DVD, Blu-ray, 1080p Videos on Asus VivoTab ME400?

This guide is written for Asus VivoTab ME400 owners who feel like downloading their movie library including DVD/Blu-ray movies and various formats of 1080p videos to Asus VivoTab ME400 Tablet for playback on the go with VivoTab Ultimat Video Converter.

The Asus VivoTab ME400 features a 10.1-inch LED display offering 1366 X 768 HD resolutions in a 9.7mm thin body. Crisp and clear images will delivered in 178-degree wide view angle via IPS technology. These features make it a great media player for watching movies.

For enjoying videos on the Windows 8 OS tablet, we can't ignore its format limitation. If you have some Blu-ray/DVD collections or the 1080p/720p videos you've downloaded from websites which are not in the supported video format, you'll need to convert them to VivoTab ME400 compatible video format first and then sync them to your VivoTab for playback. The article below will help you better enjoy 1080p/720p HD video and DVD, Blu-ray movies with your Asus VivoTab ME400. Just follow it.

First, Free Download the App - Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate

The program can help you compress 1080p Blu-ray to VivoTab ME400, rip DVD movie to VivoTab ME400 and convert HD videos to Asus VivoTab ME400, including MKV, AVI, MPG, VOB, TiVo and more, everything can be transferred to VivoTab ME400 optimized formats at ease. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original and the conversions can be made for use on all forms of the Asus VivoTab tablets. If you are a Mac user, you can use its equivalent Mac version -iMedia Converter Mac to achieve your goal smoothly.

Note: Now Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate comes with a bundled Streaming Server app (free) that can stream any audio and video files from your PC to Android, Windows and iOS devices, letting you play local video to Android tablets, smartphones, Windows slabs, etc over wireless network.

Stephen Se in Charlton, Massachusetts

20 months ago

This is a dilution problem, (Q1*C1 = Qf*Cf). Let's convert the measurements to friendly appearances: 0.5 L = 500 mL, 1:5000 = 0.02%, 1:1000 = 0.10%; Q1*(0.10%) = (500 mL)*(0.02%), Q1 = 100 mL; Qf = Qh2o + Q1, (500 mL) = Qh2o + (100 mL), Qh2o = 400 mL. You need 100 milliliters of the stock solution with 400 milliliters of sterile water to make half a liter of 0.02% epinephrine solution.

20 months ago

keshia in Richmond, Virginia said: Plz help with solving this problem:

Calculate the flow rate in drops per minute if a physician orders DSW/NS 1,0000ml over 12 hours, with an administration set that delivers 16 gtt/ml

Flow Rate = (total volume per hour)*(administration set)*(unit conversion to minutes), F.R.=(1,000mL/12hr)*(16gtts/1mL)*(1hr/60min)=22.2gtts/mL, 23 drops per minute

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Jayb1 in Merced, California said: How many grams of 1 hydrocortisone cream should be mixed with 30g of 2.5% hydrocortisone cream to make 2% hydrocortisone cream

This is a mixture problem which can also be solved using alligation. Let's solve it first by using the mixture formula, m1*c1+m2*c2=mf*cf with mf=m1+m2, m1*(1.0%)+(30g)*(2.5%)=mf*(2.0%), mf=m1+(30g). We have two equations and two unknowns. Removing all the percentages and solving by substitution, m1*1+75g=m1*2+60g, m1=15g, mf=30g+15g=45g. We need 15 grams of the 1.0% hydrocortisone cream.

Alligation: 1.0% is the lower strength, 2.5% is the higher strength, 2.0% is the desire strength. Place 2.5% in the upper left hand corner of our alligation grid, 1.0% in the lower left corner and 2.0% in the middle. The difference between the desire and lower is 1 part which goes into the upper right hand corner of the grid. The difference between the desire and higher is 0.5 part which goes in the lower right hand corner of the grid. The total parts for the desire strength is the sum of the higher part and the lower part, 1 and 0.5, respectively. Use proportion to find the weights of the lower strength, 0.5:1::X:30g, X=15g. We need 15g of the 1.0% strength hydrocortisone.

20 months ago

donna in Jonesborough, Tennessee said: I need help with this problem.

How much gentian violet is needed to prepare 100ml of a 1:10,000 solutin of gentian violet?

If anyone knows please show how to get the answer.

Use proportion to find the percentage of gentian violet in the 1:10,000 solution. 1:10,000::X:100mL, X=0.01, there are 0.01% of gentian violet in the solution. 100mL of a 0.01% solution is the same as 100mL*(0.01g/100mL) which equals to 0.01g or 10 mg. You need 10 mg of gentian violet to prepare a 100mL solution with concentration ratio of 1:10,000 or a 0.01% percent concentration.

20 months ago

samuel Boucher in Chandler, Arizona said: I am trying to figure this problem. I have to dilute 1g of powder to 330 mg/ml and give a 600 mg dose. I need to know how much diltent to add, how much to withdraw and what size syringe to use. I have never used or do I have a needle to know what size. I can problaby figure out the diluent to add

0.330g:1mL::X:100mL, X=33g, there is 33 grams of the powder in a 330mg/mL concentration. 1g:Y::33g:100mL, Y=3.03mL, you need 3.03 mL of diluent to dissolve the 1 gram powder. (1mL/330mg)*(600mg/dose)=1.8mL per dose, you need to draw out 1.8 milliliters of the diluted solution.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

rt in Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago said: how many grams of yellow mercuric oxide must be added to 30g of 1% yellow mercuric oxide ointment to prepare a 5% ointment.

100% 4
5%
1% 95

4:95::X:30g, X=1.26g, you need 1.26 grams of yellow mercuric oxide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Brooke in Gallatin, Missouri said: i need help solving this problem...i dont even know how to set it up..if someone could please explain how i get this answer that would be wonderful..thanks

how many 500mg metronidazole tablest will be needed to compound 150ml of 3% meronidazole suspension?

150mL of 3% is equal to 150mL*(3g/100mL) which is equal to 4.5g, you need 4.5 grams of metronidazole to compound the suspension. 4.5g*(tab/0.5g)=9tab, you need nine 500mg tablets.

20 months ago

koolrvr31 in Wichita, Kansas said: PLEASE HELP

1. The following formula is to make a total of 50 gelcaps. How much of each ingredient is needed to make only 10 gelcaps?

Formula:

caffeine 0.6 g

aspirin 2.0 g

inert ingredient 0.25 g

I have done this assignment 3 different ways and still get it wrong. I am taking the pharmacy tech course through an online school and have gotten zero help or responses from my emails. II want to understand where I am going wrong. thank you in advance

Divide the 50gelcaps formula by 5 for 10gelcaps, (0.6:2:0.25)/5 equals 0.12:0.4:0.05, 0.12g of caffeine, 0.4g of aspirin, 0.05g of inerts

20 months ago

koolrvr31 in Wichita, Kansas said: Also, I know this is an aligation problem and thought I understand how to plug the numbers, but its not working out

It's not an alligation problem, the ingredients are not similar in type. Caffeine is not the same as aspirin nor is it an inert ingredient. Use alligations when you have the same ingredients but at different strengths. This is a proportional problem. Use proportions to solve ingredients problems containing three or more components in a mixture.

20 months ago

Juan Rodriguez in Tijuana, Mexico said: I have a 20% solution and want to dilute it to 0.02% solution. I need 10mL of 0.02% solution.

Q1*C1=Qf*Cf, Q1*(20%)=(10mL)*(0.02%), Q1= 0.01mL, you need 0.01 milliliters of the stock solution.

20 months ago

Linda Thompson in Tyler, Texas said: I really need help solving this problem and show me the formula on how you get the answer
a prescription is written for salicylic acid 1%, menthol 1/4% in triamcinolone0.1% cream. How much salicylic acid powder should be used if the prescription is for 240gm?
Thank You

1% of salicyclic acid is equal to 1 gram of salicyclic acid in 100 grams of cream, 1%=(1g/100g). Using proportion, 1g:100g::X:240g, X=2.4g, you need 2.4 grams of salicyclic acid in the 240 gram cream.

20 months ago

DORIS SANTAN in Los Angeles, California said: I NEED HELP PLZ SOMEONE!!!

ORDER: 1000 cc NS IV for 24 h KVO ( to keep the vein open)
Drop Factor: 60 gtt/mL
Flow rate: _____ gtt/min

F.R.=(1000mL/24hr)*(60gtts/mL)*(hr/60min)=41.7 gtts/min, you have a flow rate of 42 drops per minute.

20 months ago

DORIS SANTANA in Los Angeles, California said: HOW DO I WORK IN THIS PROBLEM WITH A FRACTION

ORDER: 1500 mL 2 1/2% D5W IV for 12 h
DROP FACTOR: 15 GTT/mL
FLOW RATE: __________gtt/min.

31.25 gtts/min = 32 drops per minutes

20 months ago

Nohemi contreras in Santa Monica, California said: order: penicillin 400,000 U IM q,3h
Supply: A 20 mL vial containing 1,000,000 U of Penicilling in dry form.
Directions: Adding 3.6 mL diluent yields 250,000 U/mL
Give: __________?

my answer is 0.4mL i dont know if its right ...

No, it's 1.6 mL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

elizabeth thompson in Sumter, South Carolina said: prepare 220mg of digoxin in using the stock concentration of 80mg/4ml

11mL

20 months ago

sharon in Deerfield Beach, Florida said: A physician ordered 600.000 U penicillin PO q6h. The available drug is 400.000 U per scored tablet. How many tablets you will administer.

1.5 tablet PO q6h

20 months ago

Keri said: if 750 ml of a 2% solutionis diluted by 40% of its volume, what is the new concentration in mg/ml?

14.3 mg/mL

CG in Saint Charles, Missouri

17 months ago

I always have problems with calculating how many prednisone to give to a patient. For instance: The patient has a prescription for 10 mg and the doctor starts them off with 40mg QD x2 days; 30mg QD x3 days; 20mg QD x4 days; and 10mg QD x5 days. Please help. Thanks!

Msz_ladi3

13 months ago

In school fr CphT need help with this math, not understanding how to get the answer. Please help?
1. Methadone 10mg/ml 15mg lm tid prp
How many ml in a single dose?
How mant ml in 1 day?
How many ml in 10 days?

2. Amox 0.25grams/fluid dram 130mg po tid x10 days
How many ml in fluid dram?
How many mg in 0.25grams?

Im not understanding how to get the answers its a really fast paced class someone please help?

Joe Medina, CPhT, BS Pharmacy in Denver, Colorado

13 months ago

Msz_ladi3 said: In school fr CphT need help with this math, not understanding how to get the answer. Please help?
1. Methadone 10mg/ml 15mg lm tid prp
How mant ml in 1 day?
How many ml in 10 days?

2. Amox 0.25grams/fluid dram 130mg po tid x10 days
How many ml in fluid dram?
How many mg in 0.25grams?

-----------------

Problems are easy to answer,I would suggest getting my review manual to supplement your class as it explains calculations step-by-step. Drams are NOT on the exam.

Having a special: Joe Medina is offering his National Award winning review materials for only $25 for a limited time only. Material is priority mail in a nice spiral bound manual. Great for studying and reviewing! Why Pay More?

conta.cc/1dhUIJB

pss in Needham Heights, Massachusetts

11 months ago

DORIS SANTAN in Los Angeles, California said: I NEED HELP PLZ SOMEONE!!!

ORDER: 1000 cc NS IV for 24 h KVO ( to keep the vein open)
Drop Factor: 60 gtt/mL
Flow rate: _____ gtt/min

1,200gtt/min

kim5 in Hampton, Virginia

10 months ago

hi im trying to calculate the flow rate for Iv of 0.6L of Lactated ringers solution in 24hrs if the drop factor for tubing is 12gtts/ml. (Hint) Make sure your equation includes conversion factors for volume and time so that the answer is in gtt/min Please help me asap, thanks

kim5 in Hampton, Virginia

10 months ago

also, an Iv infusion order is written for 0.3L of D5W/).45% NS to run 12hrs. The drop factor for the Iv is set 12gtt/mL. What is the flow rate in drops per min.(using the same hint)

kia in San Antonio, Texas

6 months ago

i need help soliving several problems but ill post them one by one.

a 1:10 solution contains____G of active ingredient and ____mL of product and 1000 mL of that solution contains_____G

kia in San Antonio, Texas

5 months ago

how many grams of amoxicillin are in the bottle?

the label shows 250mg per 5mL at the bottom its shows 150 mL bottle

i know 1g=1000mg i can use that to get rid of the mg....but i need to get rid of the Ml

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.