Newly hired pharmacy tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

KelleyG in Enterprise, Alabama

13 months ago

I just got hired at CVS as a pharmacy tech trainee. I could be starting (training) as early has Monday. The store is newly built and will be opening in two weeks. My past job experience has been as a medical assistant (in a private practice) and an in home elderly caregiver. I'm very excited to start and I need this job. But reading the forums here is making me cringe. Is being a pharmacy tech really that bad? I've dealt with many things as an MA and I had to put up with a nasty boss, rude and unruly patients, no room for advancement, and being underpaid with no benefits. So I know what it's like to work in a hostile, high stress environment. But I didn't hate my job. I just needed better pay, benefits, and the opportunity to further my education and training. My co workers were awesome and we were a good team. If you'd like to share your experiences and knowledge; please do so. Any advice is welcomed. Also, what's the dress code? Scrubs? Khakis? I'd love to be able to wear my scrubs. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

13 months ago

With any job, it is what you make of it. As long as you are open to relocating and network yourself to better positions, you can easily advance, especially with your background. Have you considered working on the corporate side of CVS Caremark?

JSK in Livonia, Michigan

13 months ago

May I ask what your starting pay will be as a trainee? In my quest to become a certified pharm tech, I've been thinking of going this route myself rather than paying a small fortune for 9 months of school at Ross or Dorsey.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.