PTCB EXAM RESULTS...along with a question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1183)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

AAM in Riverside, California

72 months ago

Hello everyone,
Is anyone took the PTCB exam on 18-20 of august 2008?
I am going to take it on 25th of August 2008, Any recommendations ?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

salman in Grayson, Georgia

72 months ago

hey i m planing for exam on 30 aug,i m using pharmacy training cd....i just wanna know wt real exam look like,can naybody guide me? first i heard mostly question will be maths and very few other subjective question,but i was reading other pplz here one said hippa question,inventory question,plz anybody who has given or who has chat with any test takers can guide me wat type of question will be on exam,is this pharmacy trainer cd good enough for exam,in this cd 40 chapters regarding pharmacy....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

best of luck AAM ,when u write ur exam plz come in site and write in detail about ur exam lke w sort of ques and other stuff so u can guide all future test taker,thanx and best of luck

72 months ago

Thanks Salman for your wishes, i will when i returned, i wish any one have took it this last week to share the exam experience.
I don't know about the pharmacy trainer cd . i just study from a book.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

yeah,pharmacy trainer is cd containing 50 chapter regarding exam,it has math calculation,inventory chapter,prescription and its interpretation chapter,laws and ethic chap...good luck again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Thanks salman, wish u luck too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pamela in Bowling Green, Kentucky

72 months ago

keandegh in Fort Worth, Texas said: I took the test on December 27, (yesterday) and for some reason it says my results wont be available until 3 weeks away. Are they available online faster than that? And also a 650 out of 900 is like 72 percent, is that how they grade it? Do you have to get over 70 percent to pass????

you take the exam online you should be able to get your results at the end of the exam. I don't understand why you have to wait so long for the results

72 months ago

i think they match individual exam with other pplz who have taken exam and make result with comparasion,but i m not sure ,there is no other reason for delay,good luck pamela

eeball in Winter Springs, Florida

71 months ago

I took the exam the day after Labor Day and still have not gotten my results online. I have had others tell me they got their results in 5 days. Is there some type of order in which they grade the exam? My last name starts with "W" so maybe that's why??

DESAI in Canton, Michigan

71 months ago

I took the exam yesterday and it was super difficult.
I have alreadt passesd my excpt exam......but my job wants me to do the PTCB exam.
I felt that PTCB is more difficult than EXCPT..now i m worried about the test results.because I was not able to answer lots of the questions....and they were not common sense questions for me to just randomly guess.
so i wish i pass the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

puja in North Hollywood, California

71 months ago

hey, did u study for the test. if yes, then which book and hoe long did u study for????????/
please reply me coz i m talking test on friday

71 months ago

I used Mosby's. I also took a took an 8 month pharmacy technician class at a tech school.

Kajal in Sugar Land, Texas

71 months ago

hey, i just took the PTCB on sept 6th and i think i lost the printout that i got at the end of the exam. does anyone know the website to view the results online?
it wont let me sign in on proexam.org/ptcb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eeball in winter springs in Tallahassee, Florida

71 months ago

ptcb.org - at the bottom of the page it says Exam Results. Click on that and you will need to put in your name, SSN and password. I took the exam on September 2 and just now got my results online.

globalservant in Huntington Station, New York

71 months ago

Just got my result. Took the exam September 9th.
Never worked in Pharmacy before.Just got a CD and studied for about 2 weeks solid.Never took any lectures. Made sure I could handle all the Maths questions.
During the exam, I remained calm, even though the first questions rattled me. Staying calm and focused payed off. In over 50% of the questions, I was initially blank, but staying calm and confident helped me answer the questions.
Guess wahat? I prayed to God. I lost nothing doing that.
Thank God, I PASSED.
Veedict: You can pass, too. Just stay focused.
BY THE WAY, WHILE THE STUFF IS STILL FRESH IN MY MIND, I AM CONTEMPLATING ORGANISING FREE PHARM TECH MATH CLASSES. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AT gcm_usa@yahoo.com
Peace.

Angie in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

I am taking my test tomorrow and i am a wreck!! i am not a test taker at all but i have been studying quite a bit.. can anyone tell me what to focus on? how hard is the math? are be b/g mailnly the drugs that are dispensed most often?? PLEASE HELP..

71 months ago

Lots of math on my test. Very little b/g drugs. There are several different tests, though, so it's hard to say what yours will be.

Katherine

71 months ago

What subjects come in the US' test? I'm going to take my test in Puerto Rico (completely different) hopefully by the end of next year. Here you need practice hours (1,000) and a Pharmacy Technician Certification (finish a college course) among other things I don't remember right now.
But in a near future I'm going to move to Georgia, so I just wanted to know.

And conversions are easy. Some take a bit of time but it's not hard as long as you remember the metric and domestic system.

Angie in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

thanks eeball i jus took my test and its so hard to tell whether it was a pass/fail!! i wanna say i passed but idk!! not to much math but alot of information about fds laws and drug info!! i guess i will find out in a couple!!

christine atchison in apple valley, California

71 months ago

I will be taking the pharmacy tech. class in January, pretty much excited about it...I have never worked in a pharmacy before but on the other hand I have over 20yrs. customer service exp. I have been reviewing this web site for a few days reading all the questions and comments in general. I have found it to be so helpful I also think it's very nice of everyone to share their exp. questions and answers, alone with providing questions and answers from the actual test its keeps one focused on knowing what to expect. I also thought it was thoughtful and considerate to share material and book information and where to find just whats needed, otherwise so many people would be lost. Cheers to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jay in New Haven, Connecticut

70 months ago

I took my exams on aug 18 2008 and I did not pass it. Is anyway u guys can help me find a book to buy or help me to pass this exam. I learnt that they have new question that is only 90 question. Pls I really need to pass this exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Millie Cabos in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

Hi everyone, well I took my exam on August 18th and I passed. I didn't think that I passed the exam. I was unsure of about 50% of the questions. I made sure I knew all the math and conversions. Well my main problem was the drugs, I didn't study those at all. I knew most of the pharmacy regulations and rules for handling medicine. I honestly studied for only three days before the exam. I don't recommend it, try to study for at least two weeks. I felt too much pressure trying to cram in all that information. Two weeks seems sufficient; it allows you some time to take breaks and take a couple of practice exams. My score was well over passing so I am very happy. But i honestly thought I had failed. I also just got hired by CVS Pharmacy. I'm very excited because finding a job was harder than I thought. Good luck to you all,,,,, !!!!!!!

P.S.
Try to remain calm during the exam. Answer the ones you know for sure, then mark the ones you don't know. I kept doing that until I got rid of them all. Don't spend too much time on any one questions it'll just drive you crazy!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MARIA ARAUZ in Miami, Florida

70 months ago

I took my test September 18/2008, I am waiting on my results.

emmanuel ebo in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

please am interested in writing the exams but i dont know where to get the study materials like pharmacy trainer CD and the book by PATRICK K. ANTHONY. Please help me get a copy. THANK YOU

emmanuel ebo in Bronx, New York

70 months ago

Please am interested in being employed as a pharmacy technician. I had a formal training as a pharmacy tech in GHANA, practised professionally for almost 6years now before moving to AMERICA. I will like to officially write the exams,recognised and certified to practice. Can you please direct me through the whole process. THANK YOU.

globalservant in New York, New York

70 months ago

jay in New Haven, Connecticut said: I took my exams on aug 18 2008 and I did not pass it. Is anyway u guys can help me find a book to buy or help me to pass this exam. I learnt that they have new question that is only 90 question. Pls I really need to pass this exams.

How I wis you were in New York City, I would have personally taken out time to put you through the Maths. That is the foundation you can build on to pass.
God speed.
Global servant.

70 months ago

emmanuel ebo in Bronx, New York said: please am interested in writing the exams but i dont know where to get the study materials like pharmacy trainer CD and the book by PATRICK K. ANTHONY. Please help me get a copy. THANK YOU

I got the pharmacy trainer CD, the only material I used to pass the exam.

Ben Terrazas in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

Hey I'm about to register to take the PTCB and I live in Arizona and I was wondering if they ask you about side affects on drugs and stuff like that because Fry's gave me a study booklet and it has no information on drugs persay but claims to have all the info i need to pass..it's just that when i googled ptcb there was this unofficial site that had unofficial practice questions for the ptcb and they were asking for side effects of different medications and i was like...why would i know this..the pharmacist would..i wouldn't..but if you could tell me what i should expect to see that would be a big help.

Angie in Denver, Colorado

70 months ago

I also took a test in Arizona.. my test didnt have anything like that jus alot of suspension calculations. a couple b/g, flow rates, what drugs contraindicate eachother, and jus general retail info. Luckily i passed :) good luck with yours dont study too hard and jus stay calm.. i studied from a Pharmacy Technician Certification Quick Study Guide by susan moss marks & William A Hopkins, Jr. It was great and it had all i needed to know in order to pass my test..Good Luck :)

selina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

i want to take the test again. i hope to pass this time needed to study the math part harder.can anybody give me a helping hand. thank you please help.

selina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

help i need to pass the test

70 months ago

I am willing to help you, Selina. But I live in New York.How can I
be of any help?

jennifer26 in brentwood, California

70 months ago

PUJA in Van Nuys, California said: HI Everyone,
i just got my books and i m talking the exam in september could u guys tell me what should i study more and what should i not worry about. i will realy appreciate.
thanks

are you currently in some kind of a school or are you just taking the exam? I used to work as a tech but it was a while back and now I want to get my certificate but I'm wondering if I can just take the state exam....thanks Jennifer

Ben in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

i've been given a ptcb study book by my work and its made by the pharmacy board, it's purplish on the front or whatever, for anyone who has used that same book or has it now, answer this, does it for sure help you pass the test?

70 months ago

I used that book the purplish one and it helped alot it broke down all the formulations i needed to know on the test :) good luck

Ben in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

was that the only book you used?

70 months ago

I used that book and another one I used was The pharmacy Technician Certification Guide it was grey and blue but it was more stress then it was worth the problems were so complicated and it didnt break down the problems like the purple book did..i found that one more useful..and i honestly remember some questions that were in that book.. Just remember to study the informational parts and dont cram your brain with jus math thats what i did and my test had more informational questions

MARIA in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the best book to stady or best program that you know?
Thank you!

Maria

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in La Grange, Illinois

70 months ago

This is a very helpful site! I'm about half way through my tech course at the college. People have told me you don't really need it but it is interesting. I would like to become a chemotherapy tech. I'm aiming at getting experience at a hospital pharmacy first. Does anyone believe that you can build a career from being a pharm tech?
I would love to hear your comments!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jogs 4201 in New Oxford, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

I am taking my PTCB exam in Dec/08....I have been studying in the purple book .I am currently taking a one year course in Pharmacy Tech--I have a great support system with the school and the course books...but I gotta tell you, I am quite nervous. Wish they could divide the darn thing up with drugs/generics, math, etc instead of everything tossed into one test. Oh well, it is what it is I suppose. Wish me luck pleeze! I worked for my A's throughout the course, but the Math is my challenge. GGRR!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Troy, Michigan

69 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: We do not know if you should be nervous? even though one post
above said he/she has been a tech and she failed the test...does
that make you nervous? I have no exp, and taking the test tomorrow..
will i be nervous, hell ya...I would rather pass it the first time, and brag to the hospital that called me for an interview in one week, then fail the test, walk away pissy, and have to study for another month before i can take it again, and loose another $95.00...

yes, you should be nervous. :)

you are not a nice person to have on here- save the unwelcome sarcasm for people that want to listen to you-we are not those people...

nan in Savannah, Georgia

69 months ago

anonymous in Troy, Michigan said: you are not a nice person to have on here- save the unwelcome sarcasm for people that want to listen to you-we are not those people...

" DITTO"

Ari in Winchester, Kentucky

69 months ago

anonymous in Troy, Michigan said: you are not a nice person to have on here- save the unwelcome sarcasm for people that want to listen to you-we are not those people...

You're gonna b!tch about something that was said 6 months ago?

It's called "tough love". We can't all be coddled throughout our lives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

unwell29 in Schenectady, New York

68 months ago

Im taking the ptce exam in 2 weeks..i've done some studying on the basic math..I'm good with the sigs and am practicing nightly on the generic/name brand drugs..if anyone here has taken the test in ny can give me some insight as to what to expect when i go in to take the test id gretaly appreciate your help!!!

Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jogs 4201 in New Oxford, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Took the PTCB exam today...it's tough to tell how I did. A few problems were hard but I did come up with one of the multiple choice answers....lol I guess thats good. Other things on it were a breeze. I did go to a formal tech school for pharm/tech...but I don't think that is a shoe in or anything. I hope I don't have to retake it. And for God's sake, if we can fly to the moon, why does it take sooooo long to get the damn results of the test! We aren't a primitive society....somebody is dropping the ball with this part I think. Results should be readily available at least certainly by 2 or 3 days...GGrrr!

Tana in Lake Elsinore, California

68 months ago

Ya! Congrats. Can you think of any questions on the exam? What was the most asked questions. Math, history, brand / generic or an even mix?? Thanks

Girl Germs in Hixson, Tennessee said: I took the test on aug. 27th which was the first day of the testing window. It took up until 30 minutes ago [midnight] to get my results [I PASSED YAY!!] and i'll tell all you who are destined to take this thing: the wait for the results will be the LONGEST 2 weeks of your life LOL. Also, it was a little hard for me, being uninformed and all, to find out where you go to check your results online. I thought i'd provide the link incase anyone else is having this problem www.proexam.org/ptcb/review/index.page
It doesn't tell you the details of your test, only if you pass or fail [the other stuff comes in the mail]

So anyway here's my question. Everyone whos passed knows you get a "congratulations you passed the PTCE" from the board, but what do they say to you when you fail? Is it a simple "we're greatly sorry to inform you but you failed!"?? Just thought i'd ask.

Clear lake in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

12-13-18 I been studying my ass off since three month but i m still nervos cause i m not a good test taker. i studied pharm law hippa ,math ,lots of sig, i couldnt studyy 200 hundred drugs that for sure. it's there any 1 out there taken the test would help us who about to take test god will reward you for sure. can you please tell in detail coz i read so many and i m kinda looking for detail one please thank you god bless you and good luck in your test and result. i m taking test on dec 18 and i will tell you all about my test when i done taking in it.

scully36 in Lake Elsinore, California

68 months ago

Make Falshcards for the top drugs and sigs that helps! Ya law, math, sigs, drug forms etc. You can buy a practice test on the PTCB website also. Try and remember some questions on the test and post them to help out other people. (The do change up the test) but we can get an idea of what is on it.

Good Luck!!!

68 months ago

Please join my Pharmacy Tech yahoo group!

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pharmacytechsgroup/

68 months ago

Can you post some questions you remembered?

Thanks!

Join my Pharmacy tech group
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pharmacytechsgroup

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.