PTCB EXAM RESULTS...along with a question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1138)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

globalservant in New York, New York

89 months ago

emmanuel ebo in Bronx, New York said: please am interested in writing the exams but i dont know where to get the study materials like pharmacy trainer CD and the book by PATRICK K. ANTHONY. Please help me get a copy. THANK YOU

I got the pharmacy trainer CD, the only material I used to pass the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ben Terrazas in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

Hey I'm about to register to take the PTCB and I live in Arizona and I was wondering if they ask you about side affects on drugs and stuff like that because Fry's gave me a study booklet and it has no information on drugs persay but claims to have all the info i need to pass..it's just that when i googled ptcb there was this unofficial site that had unofficial practice questions for the ptcb and they were asking for side effects of different medications and i was like...why would i know this..the pharmacist would..i wouldn't..but if you could tell me what i should expect to see that would be a big help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

I also took a test in Arizona.. my test didnt have anything like that jus alot of suspension calculations. a couple b/g, flow rates, what drugs contraindicate eachother, and jus general retail info. Luckily i passed :) good luck with yours dont study too hard and jus stay calm.. i studied from a Pharmacy Technician Certification Quick Study Guide by susan moss marks & William A Hopkins, Jr. It was great and it had all i needed to know in order to pass my test..Good Luck :)

selina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

i want to take the test again. i hope to pass this time needed to study the math part harder.can anybody give me a helping hand. thank you please help.

selina in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

help i need to pass the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

globalservant in New York, New York

88 months ago

I am willing to help you, Selina. But I live in New York.How can I
be of any help?

jennifer26 in brentwood, California

88 months ago

PUJA in Van Nuys, California said: HI Everyone,
i just got my books and i m talking the exam in september could u guys tell me what should i study more and what should i not worry about. i will realy appreciate.
thanks

are you currently in some kind of a school or are you just taking the exam? I used to work as a tech but it was a while back and now I want to get my certificate but I'm wondering if I can just take the state exam....thanks Jennifer

Ben in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

i've been given a ptcb study book by my work and its made by the pharmacy board, it's purplish on the front or whatever, for anyone who has used that same book or has it now, answer this, does it for sure help you pass the test?

88 months ago

I used that book the purplish one and it helped alot it broke down all the formulations i needed to know on the test :) good luck

Ben in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

was that the only book you used?

88 months ago

I used that book and another one I used was The pharmacy Technician Certification Guide it was grey and blue but it was more stress then it was worth the problems were so complicated and it didnt break down the problems like the purple book did..i found that one more useful..and i honestly remember some questions that were in that book.. Just remember to study the informational parts and dont cram your brain with jus math thats what i did and my test had more informational questions

MARIA in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the best book to stady or best program that you know?
Thank you!

Maria

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in La Grange, Illinois

88 months ago

This is a very helpful site! I'm about half way through my tech course at the college. People have told me you don't really need it but it is interesting. I would like to become a chemotherapy tech. I'm aiming at getting experience at a hospital pharmacy first. Does anyone believe that you can build a career from being a pharm tech?
I would love to hear your comments!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jogs 4201 in New Oxford, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

I am taking my PTCB exam in Dec/08....I have been studying in the purple book .I am currently taking a one year course in Pharmacy Tech--I have a great support system with the school and the course books...but I gotta tell you, I am quite nervous. Wish they could divide the darn thing up with drugs/generics, math, etc instead of everything tossed into one test. Oh well, it is what it is I suppose. Wish me luck pleeze! I worked for my A's throughout the course, but the Math is my challenge. GGRR!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Troy, Michigan

88 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: We do not know if you should be nervous? even though one post
above said he/she has been a tech and she failed the test...does
that make you nervous? I have no exp, and taking the test tomorrow..
will i be nervous, hell ya...I would rather pass it the first time, and brag to the hospital that called me for an interview in one week, then fail the test, walk away pissy, and have to study for another month before i can take it again, and loose another $95.00...

yes, you should be nervous. :)

you are not a nice person to have on here- save the unwelcome sarcasm for people that want to listen to you-we are not those people...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nan in Savannah, Georgia

88 months ago

anonymous in Troy, Michigan said: you are not a nice person to have on here- save the unwelcome sarcasm for people that want to listen to you-we are not those people...

" DITTO"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ari in Winchester, Kentucky

88 months ago

anonymous in Troy, Michigan said: you are not a nice person to have on here- save the unwelcome sarcasm for people that want to listen to you-we are not those people...

You're gonna b!tch about something that was said 6 months ago?

It's called "tough love". We can't all be coddled throughout our lives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

unwell29 in Schenectady, New York

87 months ago

Im taking the ptce exam in 2 weeks..i've done some studying on the basic math..I'm good with the sigs and am practicing nightly on the generic/name brand drugs..if anyone here has taken the test in ny can give me some insight as to what to expect when i go in to take the test id gretaly appreciate your help!!!

Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Took the PTCB exam today...it's tough to tell how I did. A few problems were hard but I did come up with one of the multiple choice answers....lol I guess thats good. Other things on it were a breeze. I did go to a formal tech school for pharm/tech...but I don't think that is a shoe in or anything. I hope I don't have to retake it. And for God's sake, if we can fly to the moon, why does it take sooooo long to get the damn results of the test! We aren't a primitive society....somebody is dropping the ball with this part I think. Results should be readily available at least certainly by 2 or 3 days...GGrrr!

Tana in Lake Elsinore, California

87 months ago

Ya! Congrats. Can you think of any questions on the exam? What was the most asked questions. Math, history, brand / generic or an even mix?? Thanks

Girl Germs in Hixson, Tennessee said: I took the test on aug. 27th which was the first day of the testing window. It took up until 30 minutes ago [midnight] to get my results [I PASSED YAY!!] and i'll tell all you who are destined to take this thing: the wait for the results will be the LONGEST 2 weeks of your life LOL. Also, it was a little hard for me, being uninformed and all, to find out where you go to check your results online. I thought i'd provide the link incase anyone else is having this problem www.proexam.org/ptcb/review/index.page
It doesn't tell you the details of your test, only if you pass or fail [the other stuff comes in the mail]

So anyway here's my question. Everyone whos passed knows you get a "congratulations you passed the PTCE" from the board, but what do they say to you when you fail? Is it a simple "we're greatly sorry to inform you but you failed!"?? Just thought i'd ask.

Clear lake in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

12-13-18 I been studying my ass off since three month but i m still nervos cause i m not a good test taker. i studied pharm law hippa ,math ,lots of sig, i couldnt studyy 200 hundred drugs that for sure. it's there any 1 out there taken the test would help us who about to take test god will reward you for sure. can you please tell in detail coz i read so many and i m kinda looking for detail one please thank you god bless you and good luck in your test and result. i m taking test on dec 18 and i will tell you all about my test when i done taking in it.

scully36 in Lake Elsinore, California

87 months ago

Make Falshcards for the top drugs and sigs that helps! Ya law, math, sigs, drug forms etc. You can buy a practice test on the PTCB website also. Try and remember some questions on the test and post them to help out other people. (The do change up the test) but we can get an idea of what is on it.

Good Luck!!!

87 months ago

Please join my Pharmacy Tech yahoo group!

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pharmacytechsgroup/

87 months ago

Can you post some questions you remembered?

Thanks!

Join my Pharmacy tech group
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pharmacytechsgroup

87 months ago

Know your conversions, classes of drugs (SCHEDULES), flow rate, infusion, brand generic.

vinu in Torrance, California

87 months ago

hey
iam going for ptcb exam on tomorrow (DEC 13th).any body know when can i know my result ?.. will it be available online ?..
thanks

87 months ago

I PASSED! omg.....yahoo!

K in Indianapolis, Indiana

86 months ago

I took the test on the 18th of Dec., 2008. It was very nerve racking. You are constantly being watched by surveillance cameras and there is a facilitator behind a glass watching your every move. However, praise be to God and the fact the he still performs miracles, I went on line tonight, Dec. 23, 2008, to discover that I did pass! My recommendation: Answer ALL of the questions and NEVER leave anything blank. Even if you don't know the answer...Guess!!! Oh, and prayer helps too :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

OMG Thank you! Can you remember any questions or atleast what kind of questions there were, like third party, Law etc. Congrats!!

Unwell29 in Schenectady, New York

86 months ago

K in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I took the test on the 18th of Dec., 2008. It was very nerve racking. You are constantly being watched by surveillance cameras and there is a facilitator behind a glass watching your every move. However, praise be to God and the fact the he still performs miracles, I went on line tonight, Dec. 23, 2008, to discover that I did pass! My recommendation: Answer ALL of the questions and NEVER leave anything blank. Even if you don't know the answer...Guess!!! Oh, and prayer helps too :)

Congratulations for passing the exam!! I too took the Exam mine was on the 15th of december. I agree about how nerveracking the exam was..I had no idea we would be monitored so closely! Your also right about God perfoming miracles..I too passed my exam!!! YES!!! I would suggest for anyone getting ready to take the exam to study everything..the questions are so random..i studied for 3 months before the test..and there were alot of questions on the exam that I hadnt even seen in any of my books!! Just remember to take deap breaths..go with your gut instinct if theres a question your unsure of the answer to, and praying helps out tremendously!! Good luck to all future pharmacy techs out there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia

86 months ago

I took my exam on the 15th. It was extremely nerve racking. People watching you. And I dont think I studied half the stuff on there. There were a lot of inventory questions, like when to rotate the stock and stuff like that. Real easy stuff for the most part. Study your percentage math. All of the math questions dealt with a percentage and some alligation. I got online tonite and I passed the exam. I cant believe the results got back so fast. Anyway, good luck to everyone, I guess the hard part begins now......Finding Work !!!!!

86 months ago

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia said: I took my exam on the 15th. It was extremely nerve racking. People watching you. And I dont think I studied half the stuff on there. There were a lot of inventory questions, like when to rotate the stock and stuff like that. Real easy stuff for the most part. Study your percentage math. All of the math questions dealt with a percentage and some alligation. I got online tonite and I passed the exam. I cant believe the results got back so fast. Anyway, good luck to everyone, I guess the hard part begins now......Finding Work !!!!!

Now that you have your certification, you may want to consider submitting an application at a Veteran's hospital near you if there is one.

86 months ago

Thanks everyone.

Join our yahoo pharmacy tech group!

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pharmacytechsgroup/

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia

86 months ago

There is a VA near me. About 80 miles. Is the money that much better...?????

King in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

Well the test wasn't straightforward. If you memorize sigs the questions won't be like "What is O.S." or "What is PRN"...they will be something like "ii gtts o.s. qid; what is the auxiliary label for the prescription". Also, math is simple no matter how hard it seems there's a trick to all of them. The most common math conversions are grains to ml's, ml's to liters, gm to mg, kg to mg, and all basic conversions...perhaps a few on ml's to gallons. The math is 66% of your grade and every question has a different weight so for this test focus on getting the harder ones correctly, they are worth more points. I passed the exam on my first try and honestly I did not study for it for more than 4 days. Just get down the basics and understand them to a higher level, the test wasn't exactly easy either, just comes down to your math knowledge.

Hope this helps,

King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia said: There is a VA near me. About 80 miles. Is the money that much better...?????

Yes.

toc in Arlington, Texas

86 months ago

I took the test on Dec 19, 2008.
Before this, I attended a PTCE preparation program that lasted for 1 month.
The test is not an easy one. But I passed!
I counted, they gave me 27 out of 90 questions just on math.
Good luck everyone~

Oakland in Oakland, California

86 months ago

King in Houston, Texas said: Well the test wasn't straightforward. If you memorize sigs the questions won't be like "What is O.S." or "What is PRN"...they will be something like "ii gtts o.s. qid; what is the auxiliary label for the prescription". Also, math is simple no matter how hard it seems there's a trick to all of them. The most common math conversions are grains to ml's, ml's to liters, gm to mg, kg to mg, and all basic conversions...perhaps a few on ml's to gallons. The math is 66% of your grade and every question has a different weight so for this test focus on getting the harder ones correctly, they are worth more points. I passed the exam on my first try and honestly I did not study for it for more than 4 days. Just get down the basics and understand them to a higher level, the test wasn't exactly easy either, just comes down to your math knowledge.

Hope this helps,

King

My question will be a stupid question. Do we need to attend any training school? another question is: which book did you guys study? Thanks

unwell29 in Clifton Park, New York

86 months ago

No. You dont need to attend a training School..and you can get the books from your local bookstore..ie..barnes and noble.

Nicol in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can move back to my home state of California and get a dang job!! They gave me a print out the same day. The testing center PearsonVue says that this was new. I have to wait until Jan 23rd to get my score though.

I move back to the bay area Jan 27th.

86 months ago

Well take some of this rain and snow with you...lol. jk.... Congrats on passing and good luck.

ToneeCal

86 months ago

So all 200 Generic/Trade Names are on there huh?

tech.scully in Lake Elsinore, California

86 months ago

Nicol in Jacksonville, Florida said: I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can move back to my home state of California and get a dang job!! They gave me a print out the same day. The testing center PearsonVue says that this was new. I have to wait until Jan 23rd to get my score though.

I move back to the bay area Jan 27th.

Can you remember anything on the test? What it consists of?

Congrats!

tech.scully in Lake Elsinore, California

86 months ago

I have PTCB tutoring coming Feb 17th in Wildomar, CA. Please email / reply if you want info.

Nicol

86 months ago

Just basic drip rate questions, compounding of topicals, and a lot of pharmacy law.

Like what class is Darvocet in etc. It was soooooo freakin' easy when I got to question 3 I knew it was gonna be a breeze I didn't study at all. Been a tech since 2002....so it wasn't hard.

Now I have my BS and my Cpht, I still have to get the license and registration for Cali...I cannot believe I have to take a written test to get my driver's license that so strange lol.

Thanks everyone!

Nicol

86 months ago

Oh sorry to answer the other question...there weren't any, "what is the other name for Clindamycin?" type questions on my test people keep forgetting not everyones test are going to be the same...its the luck of the draw.

hlyna in North Hollywood, California

86 months ago

i recently took the test as my first time, but i failed too. i'm gonna reschedule to take it again so hopefully i make it like everyone else on here!! But does anyone know if there's a certain amount of time that i have to wait to reschedule it again? was is 90 days or something??

86 months ago

Yes you have to wait until the next open window. About 90 days. Just take practice tests over and over you should pass. They should also send you a report what you what you need to study more. Can you remember what was on the test? Not exact questions but what kind of questions.

Thanks!

Beka in silver spring MD in Clinton, Maryland

86 months ago

I took the exam few days ago not surpriesingly I passed. It needs to be good at mathbe confidently accelerate your speed and know those controlled goods siriously
good luck every one

ML in Arlington, Virginia

86 months ago

Beka in silver spring MD in Clinton, Maryland said: I took the exam few days ago not surpriesingly I passed. It needs to be good at mathbe confidently accelerate your speed and know those controlled goods siriously
good luck every one

Hello Beka,

Could you please tell me the name of the book you studies for the exam? I'd like to know name of the book and author OR ISBN number.
Appreciate very much for your help.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.