PTCB EXAM RESULTS...along with a question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1183)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Jogs 4201 in New Oxford, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Know your conversions, classes of drugs (SCHEDULES), flow rate, infusion, brand generic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vinu in Torrance, California

68 months ago

hey
iam going for ptcb exam on tomorrow (DEC 13th).any body know when can i know my result ?.. will it be available online ?..
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I PASSED! omg.....yahoo!

K in Indianapolis, Indiana

67 months ago

I took the test on the 18th of Dec., 2008. It was very nerve racking. You are constantly being watched by surveillance cameras and there is a facilitator behind a glass watching your every move. However, praise be to God and the fact the he still performs miracles, I went on line tonight, Dec. 23, 2008, to discover that I did pass! My recommendation: Answer ALL of the questions and NEVER leave anything blank. Even if you don't know the answer...Guess!!! Oh, and prayer helps too :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

scully36 in Lake Elsinore, California

67 months ago

OMG Thank you! Can you remember any questions or atleast what kind of questions there were, like third party, Law etc. Congrats!!

Unwell29 in Schenectady, New York

67 months ago

K in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I took the test on the 18th of Dec., 2008. It was very nerve racking. You are constantly being watched by surveillance cameras and there is a facilitator behind a glass watching your every move. However, praise be to God and the fact the he still performs miracles, I went on line tonight, Dec. 23, 2008, to discover that I did pass! My recommendation: Answer ALL of the questions and NEVER leave anything blank. Even if you don't know the answer...Guess!!! Oh, and prayer helps too :)

Congratulations for passing the exam!! I too took the Exam mine was on the 15th of december. I agree about how nerveracking the exam was..I had no idea we would be monitored so closely! Your also right about God perfoming miracles..I too passed my exam!!! YES!!! I would suggest for anyone getting ready to take the exam to study everything..the questions are so random..i studied for 3 months before the test..and there were alot of questions on the exam that I hadnt even seen in any of my books!! Just remember to take deap breaths..go with your gut instinct if theres a question your unsure of the answer to, and praying helps out tremendously!! Good luck to all future pharmacy techs out there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia

67 months ago

I took my exam on the 15th. It was extremely nerve racking. People watching you. And I dont think I studied half the stuff on there. There were a lot of inventory questions, like when to rotate the stock and stuff like that. Real easy stuff for the most part. Study your percentage math. All of the math questions dealt with a percentage and some alligation. I got online tonite and I passed the exam. I cant believe the results got back so fast. Anyway, good luck to everyone, I guess the hard part begins now......Finding Work !!!!!

67 months ago

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia said: I took my exam on the 15th. It was extremely nerve racking. People watching you. And I dont think I studied half the stuff on there. There were a lot of inventory questions, like when to rotate the stock and stuff like that. Real easy stuff for the most part. Study your percentage math. All of the math questions dealt with a percentage and some alligation. I got online tonite and I passed the exam. I cant believe the results got back so fast. Anyway, good luck to everyone, I guess the hard part begins now......Finding Work !!!!!

Now that you have your certification, you may want to consider submitting an application at a Veteran's hospital near you if there is one.

67 months ago

Thanks everyone.

Join our yahoo pharmacy tech group!

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pharmacytechsgroup/

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia

67 months ago

There is a VA near me. About 80 miles. Is the money that much better...?????

King in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

Well the test wasn't straightforward. If you memorize sigs the questions won't be like "What is O.S." or "What is PRN"...they will be something like "ii gtts o.s. qid; what is the auxiliary label for the prescription". Also, math is simple no matter how hard it seems there's a trick to all of them. The most common math conversions are grains to ml's, ml's to liters, gm to mg, kg to mg, and all basic conversions...perhaps a few on ml's to gallons. The math is 66% of your grade and every question has a different weight so for this test focus on getting the harder ones correctly, they are worth more points. I passed the exam on my first try and honestly I did not study for it for more than 4 days. Just get down the basics and understand them to a higher level, the test wasn't exactly easy either, just comes down to your math knowledge.

Hope this helps,

King

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

dallascowboys23 in Rio, West Virginia said: There is a VA near me. About 80 miles. Is the money that much better...?????

Yes.

toc in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

I took the test on Dec 19, 2008.
Before this, I attended a PTCE preparation program that lasted for 1 month.
The test is not an easy one. But I passed!
I counted, they gave me 27 out of 90 questions just on math.
Good luck everyone~

Oakland in Oakland, California

67 months ago

King in Houston, Texas said: Well the test wasn't straightforward. If you memorize sigs the questions won't be like "What is O.S." or "What is PRN"...they will be something like "ii gtts o.s. qid; what is the auxiliary label for the prescription". Also, math is simple no matter how hard it seems there's a trick to all of them. The most common math conversions are grains to ml's, ml's to liters, gm to mg, kg to mg, and all basic conversions...perhaps a few on ml's to gallons. The math is 66% of your grade and every question has a different weight so for this test focus on getting the harder ones correctly, they are worth more points. I passed the exam on my first try and honestly I did not study for it for more than 4 days. Just get down the basics and understand them to a higher level, the test wasn't exactly easy either, just comes down to your math knowledge.

Hope this helps,

King

My question will be a stupid question. Do we need to attend any training school? another question is: which book did you guys study? Thanks

unwell29 in Clifton Park, New York

67 months ago

No. You dont need to attend a training School..and you can get the books from your local bookstore..ie..barnes and noble.

Nicol in Jacksonville, Florida

67 months ago

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can move back to my home state of California and get a dang job!! They gave me a print out the same day. The testing center PearsonVue says that this was new. I have to wait until Jan 23rd to get my score though.

I move back to the bay area Jan 27th.

67 months ago

Well take some of this rain and snow with you...lol. jk.... Congrats on passing and good luck.

ToneeCal

67 months ago

So all 200 Generic/Trade Names are on there huh?

tech.scully in Lake Elsinore, California

67 months ago

Nicol in Jacksonville, Florida said: I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can move back to my home state of California and get a dang job!! They gave me a print out the same day. The testing center PearsonVue says that this was new. I have to wait until Jan 23rd to get my score though.

I move back to the bay area Jan 27th.

Can you remember anything on the test? What it consists of?

Congrats!

tech.scully in Lake Elsinore, California

67 months ago

I have PTCB tutoring coming Feb 17th in Wildomar, CA. Please email / reply if you want info.

Nicol

67 months ago

Just basic drip rate questions, compounding of topicals, and a lot of pharmacy law.

Like what class is Darvocet in etc. It was soooooo freakin' easy when I got to question 3 I knew it was gonna be a breeze I didn't study at all. Been a tech since 2002....so it wasn't hard.

Now I have my BS and my Cpht, I still have to get the license and registration for Cali...I cannot believe I have to take a written test to get my driver's license that so strange lol.

Thanks everyone!

Nicol

67 months ago

Oh sorry to answer the other question...there weren't any, "what is the other name for Clindamycin?" type questions on my test people keep forgetting not everyones test are going to be the same...its the luck of the draw.

hlyna in North Hollywood, California

67 months ago

i recently took the test as my first time, but i failed too. i'm gonna reschedule to take it again so hopefully i make it like everyone else on here!! But does anyone know if there's a certain amount of time that i have to wait to reschedule it again? was is 90 days or something??

67 months ago

Yes you have to wait until the next open window. About 90 days. Just take practice tests over and over you should pass. They should also send you a report what you what you need to study more. Can you remember what was on the test? Not exact questions but what kind of questions.

Thanks!

Beka in silver spring MD in Clinton, Maryland

67 months ago

I took the exam few days ago not surpriesingly I passed. It needs to be good at mathbe confidently accelerate your speed and know those controlled goods siriously
good luck every one

ML in Arlington, Virginia

67 months ago

Beka in silver spring MD in Clinton, Maryland said: I took the exam few days ago not surpriesingly I passed. It needs to be good at mathbe confidently accelerate your speed and know those controlled goods siriously
good luck every one

Hello Beka,

Could you please tell me the name of the book you studies for the exam? I'd like to know name of the book and author OR ISBN number.
Appreciate very much for your help.

Tam in Belleville, Illinois

67 months ago

Hello guys! I have been browsing this site for quite some time as I have been studying for the PTCE. I am pleased to inform you that I took it today and passed! The sweet part about it is that now you don't have to wait to find out. The computer tells you at the end of the exam if you passed or not. You still have to wait for the actual score though. Thanks to everyone for all of the valuable information as well as the inspiration. After three long months of studying its finally over.

ML in Arlington, Virginia

67 months ago

Tam in Belleville, Illinois said: Hello guys! I have been browsing this site for quite some time as I have been studying for the PTCE. I am pleased to inform you that I took it today and passed! The sweet part about it is that now you don't have to wait to find out. The computer tells you at the end of the exam if you passed or not. You still have to wait for the actual score though. Thanks to everyone for all of the valuable information as well as the inspiration. After three long months of studying its finally over.

Hi Tam,
Congratulations!!
What a relief? Huh?
Would you please give me the info about study materials you used?
What is the name of the book and who is the writer?
Please help me.
Thanks.

67 months ago

ML in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi Tam,
Congratulations!!
What a relief? Huh?
Please help me.
Thanks.

Hey ML! I used The Pharmacy Technician 3rd edition by American Pharmacists Association. Complete Math Review for the Pharmacy Technician, William Hopkins, Jr., also by the APhA. Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review by Patricia K. Anthony. Hope this helps you ML. The test wasn't extremely difficult, but it wasn't a cake walk either. My particular test was probably an equal measure of all things (math, brand/generic names/general pharm. info.)You can do it, especially if you give yourself some time to study for it.

67 months ago

ML in Arlington, Virginia said: Hi Tam,
Congratulations!!
What a relief? Huh?
Please help me.
Thanks.

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you that I got all my books on ebay really cheap. So check there first before you decide to pay full price for them.

Sprinkles

67 months ago

Hey there! I just took my exam this past open testing time and failed! I am a newer tech that works at a psychiatric hospital. We do not do anything with IV's or much compounding at all. We use Omnicell and just do a lot of stocking, packaging, order input, discharge meds and ordering. So needless to say, I got an exam with a lot of math. It was very tough for me.

I would really say study hard and have a good understanding of law, basic calculations and generic/trades and their uses. Good luck everyone! I am hoping to spend some more time working on calculation stuff before I try it again.

unwell29 in Troy, New York

67 months ago

Joe in La Grange, Illinois said: This is a very helpful site! I'm about half way through my tech course at the college. People have told me you don't really need it but it is interesting. I would like to become a chemotherapy tech. I'm aiming at getting experience at a hospital pharmacy first. Does anyone believe that you can build a career from being a pharm tech?
I would love to hear your comments!

I think it all depends on where you choose to work. I hear that the pay is better at hospitals.

67 months ago

ToneeCal said: So all 200 Generic/Trade Names are on there huh?[/QUOT

The questions are very random. Mine for example had alot of hospital, iv and calculation questions. Whereas someone elses may have more generic/brand and sig questions. They do this so noone can cheat.

67 months ago

Tam in Belleville, Illinois said: Hey ML! I used The Pharmacy Technician 3rd edition by American Pharmacists Association. Complete Math Review for the Pharmacy Technician, William Hopkins, Jr., also by the APhA. Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review by Patricia K. Anthony. Hope this helps you ML. The test wasn't extremely difficult, but it wasn't a cake walk either. My particular test was probably an equal measure of all things (math, brand/generic names/general pharm. info.)You can do it, especially if you give yourself some time to study for it.

I agree. These books are the ones i used to study and pass the exam with also.

Brett in Portland, Oregon

67 months ago

I am taking the exam tomorrow and I would say I am pretty much an expert at the math and good with the signa, the other stuff I am 50/50. Do you think I will be set with that info to pass?

CPHT in Catskill, New York

67 months ago

Brett in Portland, Oregon said: I am taking the exam tomorrow and I would say I am pretty much an expert at the math and good with the signa, the other stuff I am 50/50. Do you think I will be set with that info to pass?

Its difficult to say, the test is so random..let us know how you did!!

67 months ago

Does anyone know how long it takes to get certified by your State Board of Pharmacy once you send in the application? I want to get certified in Missouri, and they want you to go get fingerprinted, submit to a background check, and send in a photo about the size of a passport. Wow!!!!! All that's about another hundred bucks!!!!!

Brett in Portland, Oregon

67 months ago

So I took the test on Wednesday and at the end of the test the sheet I got said Pass, but I have been looking around and people have said this is not official. Any insight onto what the Pass means at the end of the test? Has anyone ever recieved the Pass message and then got their scores saying they didnt pass?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Brett in Portland, Oregon said: So I took the test on Wednesday and at the end of the test the sheet I got said Pass, but I have been looking around and people have said this is not official. Any insight onto what the Pass means at the end of the test? Has anyone ever recieved the Pass message and then got their scores saying they didnt pass?

The folks at PearsonVue said that the results at the end of the test are official. You just have to wait to get the official score/results in the mail. But if it said that you passed, you did pass. Don't ask around too much. You tend to get the wrong information, especially if it was not someone at the testing center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HASMIK in Astoria, New York

67 months ago

I GAVE MY TEST ON JANUARY 9 IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND THE RESULTS, ALSO I DIDNT PUT ANY PASWORD. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

cali in San Leandro, California

67 months ago

unwell29 in Clifton Park, New York said: No. You dont need to attend a training School..and you can get the books from your local bookstore..ie..barnes and noble.

Thank you, I have ordered some books from online, and study them through. I cannot afford to attend a training school! Thank you again and Happy new year!

rmg89 in Chula Vista, California

66 months ago

I had just taken the test on January 5th and I'm waiting very "paitently" for my scores. But On the end of my test I also got the message that said results:pass.. Are you certain that that means you passed. I know my results come soon but I need to know!!! It's frusterating me because I'm planning on moving soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sir SPAMALOT in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

I recently took the exam and have a few comments for y'all:

As you probably know, not everyone takes the same test. YOUR test may be vastly different than mine. Having said that, I memorized the info on the top 200 drugs and this helped me directly or indirectly answer many questions. I probably could have still passed without knowing this info but it helped immensely. Math related questions were about a third of my test. Easy for me but not for everyone. These can be answered using ratio/proportion and a little common sense. Know your drug schedules. Know your sig abbreviations and how to read a script (critical!). Know your weight and volume conversions (critical!). I had very few pharm law questions, a few IV calcs, one or two business math questions, a few general disease related questions, and a handful of miscellaneous/random/oddball questions. All in all not an impossibly difficult test. The most frustrating part is the open ended nature of the exam. They can (and do) pull questions from many different topics. It's not like you can master the info from one text and have everything you need to know to ace the test. It can certainly be passed without spending 2 years in pharm tech school but I don't think I would have passed without studying (see below).

I've had no formal or informal training or work experience in the pharmacy field. I self studied for about 5 weeks using Mosby's Review for the PTCB. I recommend Mosby's; it looks like there is a new edition coming out in April of 2009. The test questions in the book provided some pretty good review of the math stuff. I studied using a few other references I found used locally. Most notable: Dosage Calculations by Gloria Pickar - it's designed for nurses and had more (much more) info than needed but I recommend it for you math phobics out there. In regards to the top 200 drugs (info available on the internet), create your own list in Excel grouped together by therapeutic class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

x0x0x0 in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

hi everyone
i just took mine today, and i got the paper right after completing my test, saying i failed ..so i guess that's the result lol. Oh well i'll try again next time. Study hard for those who will take it!! good luck!

MUKEEM in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

i know how it fell when u failed coz i failed too but they didnt give me any paper i m IN houston and i took test ON 19 december. i think its a new thing thAT THEY DO GIVE U PAPER.

cauliflower in Burlington, Vermont

66 months ago

i took the test on 8th jan 09 and in the end of exam it says i passed. first of all i didnt expect that i would know the result straight away after i finish the exam.i got the print out from pearson of my result that i passed and i will get my score mailed out or online after 23rd jan 09. i m still waiting for the mail to come at my home. is anyone here taken exam in the first or secong week of jan and received the score?
i m pretty desperate now, as it has been 5 days over they said i will receive in mail.

thanks to all

Nicol in San Leandro, California

66 months ago

I took my test on Jan7th and am still waiting for me score and Certificate, I just moved back to Cali and need to get starting on getting registered with California so I can start working...been checking everyday still no mail!

Mwee in Los Altos, California

66 months ago

I passed without bothering to know any of the drug names. I just banked on the math questions which was easy. I notice the test have some egregious errors and was written very sloppily. Hope I can find a job now but I fear there's already too many pharm techs out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicol in San Leandro, California

66 months ago

I have a job interview already!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lizbeth26 in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

is it hard

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.