PTCB exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Kim in Roswell, Georgia

65 months ago

Hello, I have no experience at all in pharmacy but I am thinking about getting my certification to be a Pharmacy Technician. There are so many books out there that could be used to study for the PTCB exam, my question is which books are the best for a beginner like me? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lukas in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

Hi Kim - good luck with the test!
I read on www.bestpharmacyreport.com that Delmar's Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review is one of the best to read to prep for the exam, it also said at the same site that 'Reference Guide for Pharmacy Technician Exam' is a good one too. hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts

65 months ago

After conducting an enormous amount of research on the passing the pharmacy technician certification exam. I have come to the conclusion Delmar’s Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review by Patricia K. Anthony is the definitive textbook when it comes to passing this exam. This is the textbook I would recommend to all aspiring pharmacy technicians desperately seeking to become certified.

If you want a passing score on your first attempt. Buy this book and digest this material. Register and sit for the exam you are guaranteed success if you study the material contained in this book. Nowadays you can find this textbook at your local Barnes and Noble bookstore. Preview the book before you buy here at google books link provided below.

books.google.com/books?id=fhd2Q8ANlZAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=delmars+pharmacy+technician+exam+review#v=onepage&q=&f=false

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmacy Tech Instructor in Bountiful, Utah

64 months ago

The PTCER has a lot of math in it. You may not even need another book if you do I recommend Calculation of Drug Dosages, 8th Edition, by Sheila Ogden...

I highly Highly recommend getting the pharmacology flash cards (George M. Brenner, Stephen Back)form Barnes and noble. They are amazing.

I recommend them to all my students!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Oakland, California

63 months ago

Anyone have suggestions to study for the pharmacy technician certification exam. I purchased and have been using www.atipharmtech.com software, its good. But also I need a study guide, please help thanks. Need to practice more, pharmacy technician exam questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saharhindo in El Cajon, California

38 months ago

Hi my name is Sahar Hindo am trying to retake the exam for the PTCB I TOOK IT THE FIRST TIME BUT I DIDNT PASS IT SO AM LOOKING FOR SOME MATERIALS WILL HELP ME WILL BE SIMILAR TO THE QUESTIONS OF THE EXAM SO PLEASE EMAIL ME SAHARHANDW@YAHOO.COM
THANKS SO MUCH GOD BLESS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Tallahassee, Florida

38 months ago

saharhindo in El Cajon, California said: Hi my name is Sahar Hindo am trying to retake the exam for the PTCB I TOOK IT THE FIRST TIME BUT I DIDNT PASS IT SO AM LOOKING FOR SOME MATERIALS WILL HELP ME WILL BE SIMILAR TO THE QUESTIONS OF THE EXAM SO PLEASE EMAIL ME SAHARHANDW@YAHOO.COM
THANKS SO MUCH GOD BLESS

Dear Hindo,

What you should know before taking the PTCE is that it is a cumulative examination you have to score well on each part or score high marks on two of the three portions of the tests. I advise Delmar's then I'd advise you to identify your strengths and weakness schedule a retake. Seek out free practice tests then schedule retake. If you can do this no doubt you will score very well.

p.s. is english your 1st language?
p.p.s. all caps is considered yelling.....please discontinue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

raja in Gilbert, Arizona

34 months ago

hi i am from india i have lock some job phrmacy tech live on az but they nedd certifiction so i have to lock take ptcb certifiction test this is my fist time take tast i have to come to different feld to phrmacy so what is the best book to pass fist time to ptcb certifiction test ,what is the best software to learn similer ptcb certifiction test i saw some one is say Delmar’s Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review by Patricia K. Anthony is good but i hear this book have so much wrong answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.