Passed the PTCB test, now what?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Altaf in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Hey guys,

So I just passed the PTCB exam last week. All I got is a printout that said 'pass' and that my official results would be available online and mailed to me on March 19th. (I live in California). I was wondering if my next step is to wait till I get my results and apply for state licensure or can I just apply for a job now? Particularly at places such as WalGreens and CVS but also like Kaiser and other hospitals, as well.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paaru Upadhyay in Parlin, New Jersey

54 months ago

First thing update your resume while you waitting for result. Apply or call you state and findout for state registration process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Altaf in Buena Park, California

54 months ago

I'm in the process of updating my resume. I already know what forms I need to complete in California to become licensed, but I was just wondering if it's standard to get my license first before I apply or if just knowing that I passed the PTCB would suffice. To complete the form to become licensed I'm going to have to wait for my official PTCB results which isn't going to be available till March 19th plus the time for the forms to process.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paaru Upadhyay in Highland Park, New Jersey

54 months ago

I pass my exam Nov. 7/2009. I registered for my license week ago. In order to registeration you need your license number which will mail with your certificate.You need passport size photo and check/money order.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Altaf in Los Angeles, California said: Hey guys,

So I just passed the PTCB exam last week. All I got is a printout that said 'pass' and that my official results would be available online and mailed to me on March 19th. (I live in California). I was wondering if my next step is to wait till I get my results and apply for state licensure or can I just apply for a job now? Particularly at places such as WalGreens and CVS but also like Kaiser and other hospitals, as well.

Thanks.

Congrats! From what I've heard,National Cert opens doors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hendrik C in Tampa, Florida

44 months ago

Hey Altaf,
I am in the same position you were. Just passed the PTCE today! how do I register with my state (FL)?
Also, did you apply to CVS or a hospital immediately or wait for your state license?

I am a little confused on what to do next and any help would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andrew in Anaheim, California

29 months ago

Altaf in Buena Park, California said: I'm in the process of updating my resume. I already know what forms I need to complete in California to become licensed, but I was just wondering if it's standard to get my license first before I apply or if just knowing that I passed the PTCB would suffice. To complete the form to become licensed I'm going to have to wait for my official PTCB results which isn't going to be available till March 19th plus the time for the forms to process.

Thanks.

Hi Can you tell me what are the steps I need to take to be CA liscensed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.