Pharmacy Calculations - HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 121 of 121)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

prince07 in San Jose, California

29 months ago

can you show me the easiest step to calculate this prescription.
depakene 500mg #100
sig:250 mg po q8h
at pharmacy 250mg/cap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ivonne in El Paso, Texas

29 months ago

well what think the answer is, the physician wants the patient to take 500mg every 8 hours, and in the pharmacy we have 250mg/cap, that means that, the patient will be taking 2 capsules by mouth every 8 hours, ( 2 capsules is equivalent to 500mg).hope this helps.

bon in El Paso, Texas

29 months ago

prince07 in San Jose, California said: can you show me the easiest step to calculate this prescription.
depakene 500mg #100
sig:250 mg po q8h
at pharmacy 250mg/cap

doctor wants 500mg and 100 capsules to be given to the patient. the sig is 250 mg by mouth every 8 hours, and pharmacy has 250mg per capsule. 250 +250 equals 500 mg, so 2 capsules equals 500mg, therefore the way it should be dispensed is by giving 2 capsules by mouth every 8 hours, total of 100 capsules.

prince07

29 months ago

Thnx for the solutions but I got more.
parabolic #15
Sig:III gtt-iii HTTP out bid ug. Just show my how many days supply?

2).hydrochorothiazide 25mg/tab
Sig:25mg PO Wamuyu ×2M.solutions and how many day?
Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

prince07

29 months ago

Thnx for the solutions but I got more.
patanol #15
Sig:ii gtt-iii gtt ou bid ug. Just show my how many days supply?

2).hydrochorothiazide 25mg/tab Sig:25mg PO ou ×2M.solutions and how many day? Thanks again.

R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

prince in Vallejo, California

28 months ago

Help.
Maxzil -25

prince in San Francisco, California

28 months ago

Tylenol 4

Danettemed in Hinesville, Georgia

27 months ago

How many 1-tsp doses are in 1 qt of lactulose solution, USP 10g/15ml?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Juanita in Holly Springs, North Carolina

26 months ago

Help with this question please!!! How much Furosemide is required to make 50 ml of Furosemide 10mg/ml syrup if you use the following formula?
Furosemide 4.8g
Cherry syrup 120ml
Purified water qs 480ml

Rak in Mendham, New Jersey

26 months ago

Juanita in Holly Springs, North Carolina said: Help with this question please!!! How much Furosemide is required to make 50 ml of Furosemide 10mg/ml syrup if you use the following formula?
Furosemide 4.8g
Cherry syrup 120ml
Purified water qs 480ml

The answer is simple
Dont get confused with question. If u workout
4.8 g Furo is present in 480ml

4.8g = 480 ml
hence 1 g = 100 ml

1g = 1000 mg
hence 1 ml = 10 mg

as mentioned in question ,
1ml = 10mg
50 ml = 500 mg

the answer is 500 mg Furosemide in 50 ml.

If any queries , let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dmariet3 in Asheville, North Carolina

22 months ago

I got this problem in my technician training program, I'd just like to double check myself for comprehension. Can someone solve this problem for me?

Your pharmacy receives the following Prescription.
Synthroid 0.1 mg
Sig: 1 tab qd
The pt is allergic to yellow dye found in the tablet. You have 0.025 mg tablets that the pt has taken before with no allergy issues. How many 0.025 tablets are needed to fill the rx?

My answer is 7.5 tablets taking 1/4 tablet po qd for 30 days. Is this correct? If not, how should I go about solving this problem?

vomaithao in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Mabry in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I've been stuck on this forever, can someone please help me with usual and customary prices. The question says calcualte the retail price of the following prescrpition using the formula AWP+professional fee=retail price of prescription if the professional fee is determined using the chart in the example below:

AWP / Professional Fee
less than $20.00 / $4.00
$20.01-$50.00 / $5.00
$50.01 and more / $6.00

*NOTE: Sorry I don't know why the chart posted liked that but The Average Wholesale Price is to the left and the Professional fee if to the right. As in if the AWP is less than $20.00 the professional fee would be $4.00. If the AWP is $20.01 - $50.00 the professional fee would be $5.00, and if the AWP is $50.01 and more then the professional fee would be $6.00.

1. Verapamil SR Tabs #30 AWP/100 $135.85 Retail price___________

When I worked it out I got $141.85 then I looked in the back of the book and the answer was $45.76. My question is how the heck did they get $45.76?!?!?!

You can calculate below: ($135.85/100tablets x30tabs)+ &5= $45.755.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chel in Hilo, Hawaii

17 months ago

Help please!
Order: 10 units NPHU-100 and 15 unts Regular subq bid.
Available: vials of NPH U-100 insulin and U-100 syringe.
Explain how you would prepare this injection using one syringe?
(please show me how its solved too! greatly appreciated!)

anabanana in Richmond, Virginia

17 months ago

i have a question..and can you explain this ..on how i can get this answer..

A drug comes as 500/5ml concentration.
How much would you need to make 30ml of 1mg/ml ?

Can you explain on how i can do this math on this? thanks.

Stephen Se in Charlton, Massachusetts

16 months ago

Let's find the active ingredient. 30 mL of 1 mg/mL concentration is equal to 30 mg of the active ingredient, (1 mg/mL * 30 mL = 30 mg). Use proportion to set the problem, (500 mg:5 mL::30 mg:x). Solve for "x" yields 0.3 mL.

16 months ago

Danettemed in Hinesville, Georgia said: How many 1-tsp doses are in 1 qt of lactulose solution, USP 10g/15ml?

This is a unit conversion problem. 1 qt = 480 mL, 1 tsp = 5 mL, 480/5 = 96 doses. There are 96 tsp doses in the 1 quart solution. 1 tsp dose contains 3.3 grams of active ingredient.

16 months ago

Juanita in Holly Springs, North Carolina said: Help with this question please!!! How much Furosemide is required to make 50 ml of Furosemide 10mg/ml syrup if you use the following formula?
Furosemide 4.8g
Cherry syrup 120ml
Purified water qs 480ml

Use proportion to solve this problem. 4.8 g : X :: 0.010g : 1 mL, X = 480 mL. X is the total amount of liquid in the solution. The only adjustment to the formula is the addition of water, "qs". Using the formula, 4.8 g of furosemide in 120 mL of syrup and 360 mL of water makes a concentration of 10mg/mL furosemide syrup. If we did not have to follow the formula, then 50 mL of a 10 mg/mL furosemide concentration is equal to 500 mg of furosemide.

16 months ago

dmariet3 in Asheville, North Carolina said: I got this problem in my technician training program, I'd just like to double check myself for comprehension. Can someone solve this problem for me?

Your pharmacy receives the following Prescription.
Synthroid 0.1 mg
Sig: 1 tab qd
The pt is allergic to yellow dye found in the tablet. You have 0.025 mg tablets that the pt has taken before with no allergy issues. How many 0.025 tablets are needed to fill the rx?

My answer is 7.5 tablets taking 1/4 tablet po qd for 30 days. Is this correct? If not, how should I go about solving this problem?

The dose is 0.1 mg of Synthroid tablet. The prescription is for a total count of 30 tablets, which will last 30 days at the rate of consumption of a tablet per day. There are four 0.025 mg tablets for each daily dose; you need 120 of those tablets to fill the prescription.

16 months ago

paivir in Dumfries, United Kingdom said: I cannot get this solved using two different formulas, keep getting one of them wrong...

I have 25mg/5ml solution of codeine linctus and I want to make 500ml of codeine linctus 15mg/5ml. How much of the concentrated solution do I need??

Must have been trying too hard, mind all boggled now... Thanks!

This is a dilution problem. Use proportions to express the two different solutions in percentages; 0.025g:5mL::X:100mL, X=0.5, the concentrated solution is 0.5% codeine linctus. 0.015g:5mL::Y:100mL, Y=0.3, the diluted solution is 0.3% codeine linctus. The dilution formula is Q1*C1=Q2*C2, Q1*(0.5%)=(500mL)*(0.3%), Q1=300mL, you need 300 milliliters of the concentrated solution.

16 months ago

Danna in Mercer Island, Washington said: I am stuck on these 2 problems, and the formulas that I am using I don't believe are working to find the correct answer.

Problem #1
You have 4 oz of a 50% solution. If 500 mL was added to the 50% solution what is the percentage strength of the new solution?

Problem #2
If 14 grams of petrolatum is added to 25 grams of 0.2% hydrocortisone ointment, what will be the final percent concentration of the hydrocortisone?

Problem #1 is not written well at all. 500 mL of what was added to the 50% solution. I will give you some helpful hints in breaking down all those values. 4 fluid ounces is equal to 120 mL. 50% solution is equal to 50g/100mL. 4 fl oz of a 50% solution is equal to 120mL*50g/100mL=60g.

Problem #2 is a dilution problem. Use Q1*C1=Qf*Cf with Qf=Q1+diluent; the diluent is the petrolatum. Qf=(25g)+(14g)=39g, (25g)*(0.2%)=(39g)*Cf, Cf=0.13%, the final percent concentration of hydrocortisone is 0.13%

Noida in Cape Coral, Florida

3 months ago

Sue in Florida said: How many mg of mag sulfate are in 3 mls of a 50% solution? Can you also show me how you get the answer for this.

Thx

50g ? 50x3 150
______ = ____ = ______ =____ = 1.5g 1g = 1000mg therefore 1.5g=1500mg/3ml
100ml 3ml 100 100

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.