Pharmacy Tech Program in Boston Reed?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

shza in manteca, California

64 months ago

Hi, i am deciding whether i should take the Boston Reed PHarm. Tech. Course which is a 7 month program, or should i go to the regular in-town vocational school that offers its own Pharmacy Tech program that lasts about 4 Months? Anybody have experience with the Boston Reed Program?? is it good? bad? thanKs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lysha in Rancho Palos Verdes, California

63 months ago

Just completed the Pharm Tech Course at Boston Reed and about to start the externship. Overall very happy with it, they are pretty through and teach you all the basics that you should know and then some. It wasn't exactly an easy course, lot of studying but for the price and all you learn, am pretty satisfied with them & would recommend it to anyone. If you have a good instructor big plus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jmt in Fairfield, California

63 months ago

is their externship with in the 7 month period? or after the 7 months are over?

angie in Glendale, California

63 months ago

jmt in Fairfield, California said: is their externship with in the 7 month period? or after the 7 months are over?

You can start your externship in the 20th week of instruction but if you decide to enroll in the pharmacy tech. program offered by Boston Reed I would sugest you to find an externship site on your own because if you wait for them to find an externship site for you it might take a while.

jmt in Vacaville, California

63 months ago

Ok thanks angie. Also just curious do they drug test you during the externship or is that only when you actually get hired?

anna in Stockton, California

59 months ago

I completed the course last May @ Boston Reed in Manteca. All i can say is that, I highly recommend it to anybody who wants to be a Pharm Tech. I was very happy and satisfied during the entire program. Our instructor was great. She's good in explaining things and if you have any question she's always there to help you.. I did my externship right after schooling. Boston Reed find an externship site for most of us from my class. The externship coordinator was so nice too..I really love Bostoon Reed.Low fee but high quality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenna in Oakland, California

57 months ago

I completed my Pharmacy Tech.course in Boston Reed.Our instructor was excellent...full attention to each student.A short term course with a lot of information.I suggest you to start the externship even you still in class .This will give you idea about the workflow in the Pharmacy. Check for Pharmacy thats not busy to be able to help you to learn and don't rush your externship hours.Take notes !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ptech in Paradise, California

23 months ago

lysha in Rancho Palos Verdes, California said: Just completed the Pharm Tech Course at Boston Reed and about to start the externship. Overall very happy with it, they are pretty through and teach you all the basics that you should know and then some. It wasn't exactly an easy course, lot of studying but for the price and all you learn, am pretty satisfied with them & would recommend it to anyone. If you have a good instructor big plus.

What is the amount of studying like? Hours per week to study?
Tests...quizzes? Or just homework assignments? Grading process?
Does the grading even count? Thanks.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.