Pharmacy Tech hourly wage?? READ PLEASE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

gac90 in Fort Bragg, North Carolina

8 months ago

I'm still deciding whether pharmacy tech or medical coding and billing. I know medical coding pays wayyy more but i've been reading of how hard it is to find a job, but also how the new icd-10 is going to need more people into the field. In my area, they are always looking for pharmacy tech, however, the pay is low. I'm about to start school and I have just one day to decide between these two. This is a second career/job, becausd I already have a bachelors degree but I need money to invest in my photography business... please need ur opinions and experience! Thanks!!
(I have two daughters so I need whatever is going to land in a job fast and givd me good money. I would enjoy both of thess careers)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

amyarredondo_20@hotmail.com in Riverside, California

6 months ago

what is the hourly pay for pharmacys assistant tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

6 months ago

amyarredondo_20@hotmail.com in Riverside, California said: what is the hourly pay for pharmacys assistant tech

It depends on whether you are in a retail setting (i.e. Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc), LTC, nuclear pharmacy, hospital setting, mail order, etc. From what I have found hospital and nuclear pharmacy tech get paid the most.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

houndnurse in Elyria, Ohio

6 months ago

I went for medical coding years ago. I received my associate's degree in Health Information Technology and couldn't find a job paying more than 9.00 hr. However, I am not familiar with pharmacy techs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

futurecoder in Granville, New York

6 months ago

I work in a pharmacy right now, and for the amount of time I have worked there the pay has increased very little. I make just over $10 an hour right now, and for the amount of work I do, it doesn't seem like nearly enough. Yes, hospitals do pay more but they don't usually hire you if you don't have experience or they usually require national certification. I have applied to a hospital a few times and even with years of experience I didn't even get an interview. Hospital and retail pharmacy are completely different. I'm going back to school in the fall for coding, my bf's sister does it and she said the average pay in this area is $20 an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.