Pharmacy Tech online school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (501 to 530 of 530)
Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11   

Jeanetta Mastron in Signal Hill, California

22 months ago

Dear Pharm Tech Dude in Avondale Estates, Georgia,

This depends upon your state laws. In CA, the state board looks at each application/case by case individually. This means that they look at how long it has been since the DUI, if restitution has been made if required, if the applicant has not had any other problems or if it is a repeated offense. They may ask for letters of character reference, court documents etc to determine if you will be licensed. In some states they may do the same, but it may be for registration. Ga requires registration. So begin with calling the state board of pharmacy of Georgia or look up the laws on the internet to see if it is considered case by case or a flat out 'no' or what the laws regarding this actually are. You can also try contacting your local or state pharmacy or pharmacy technician association. However schools must dclare the state laws regarding dui and background checkes etc before one ever signs up on the dotted lines of any contract. So the school officials MUST know, if you are in school or contemplating school.
GA now does a background check so they will find this DUI. the question is what does GA do with this information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

I actually had three links for you, but the indeed site would not allow me to post them.

Jeanetta

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Place the following in your search enginge or Google:
Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy at its December 3 Meeting

or Georgia laws for pharmacy Technicians
The following site has the exact language you are looking for:
rules.sos.state.ga.us/docs/480/15/02.pdf
Jeanetta

22 months ago

I have no clue as to why it allowed me to post that link, I just kept trying.
(4) Consent to, provide the necessary information to conduct, and pay for a background check to be conducted by the Board, its agent or a firm or firms approved by the Board, which background check will include a criminal history, driver license history and other information as the Board deems necessary, and will authorize the Board and the Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency to receive the results;
(5) Submit the name and address of employer and place of employment;
(6) Pay application fees; and
(7) If certified, submit evidence of training supporting designation as certified.
(c) The Board may deny registration or conditionally grant registration for any of the reasons set forth in Code sections 26-4-60 or 43-1-19. This includes convictions, pleas of nolo contendere and guilty pleas related to misdemeanor crimes of moral turpitude or marijuana and to felonies. In addition, no pharmacist whose license has been denied, revoked, suspended, or restricted for disciplinary purposes shall be eligible to be registered as a pharmacy technician.
(d) The denial of an application for registration as a pharmacy technician shall not be a contested case and the applicant shall not be entitled to a hearing under the Georgia Administrative Procedures Action, O.C.G.A. T. 50, Ch. 13, but such applicant may be entitled to an appearance before the Board.

22 months ago

Dear Dude,

Teh above is the language that I stated you would find in the Ga Rules and Regulations for Pharm Tech REgistration that became effective on August 1, 2011 in 480-15-.02 Registration of Pharmacy Technicians.

I do hope this answers your question: It appears that the State of GA also will view the information and make a decision upon a case by case situation, however if GA denies the applicant registration then there is NO recourse for that applicant. These are the specific statements that lead me to my conclusion but you really need to check with the GA state board:
"The Board may deny registration or conditionally grant registration for any of the reasons set forth in Code sections 26-4-60 or 43-1-19. "
"(d) The denial of an application for registration as a pharmacy technician shall not be a contested case and the applicant shall not be entitled to a hearing under the Georgia Administrative Procedures Action,..."

That is my take on the law that I posted.

Jeanetta

PharmTechDude in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

Wow, thanks Jeanetta. Exact info I was lookin for.

22 months ago

So basically, just don't screw up anymore after my DUI, plead my case as best I can, and hope for the best? And if denied, thats it, right? Thanks again...

22 months ago

PharmTechDude in Atlanta, Georgia said: Wow, thanks Jeanetta. Exact info I was lookin for.

Welcome!
Feel free to visit: Jeanettas PTCB Study Group see google to take you there. No apostrophe between the a and the s.
It is FREE.

Jeanetta

22 months ago

Yes but there is one small caveat of which I have no clue what it means or would entail:

(d) The denial of an application for registration as a pharmacy technician shall not be a contested case and the applicant shall not be entitled to a hearing under the Georgia Administrative Procedures Action, O.C.G.A. T. 50, Ch. 13, but such applicant may be entitled to an appearance before the Board

See that last phrase: "but such applicant may be entitled to an appearance before the Board."

Well if you can not have a hearing and you can not contest the case [what I believe that means is you can not argue the rendered 'decision'] then what pray tell is the purpose of or for the 'appearance before the board' ? I have no clue! :) So again a phone call to the state board of pharmacy may be able to explain that.

Jeanetta

22 months ago

Gotcha. I will look into the study group as well. Thanks AGAIN!

Dora in Marietta, Georgia

14 months ago

Steve in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi,

I am interested in becoming a Pharmacy Tech and would like to study online.
Could anybody please recommend a good school, I don't want to spend my money on some scam school.
Thank you very much.

Steve

Hello.
I currently work as a pharmacy technician at a Walmart. If you want to become a pharmacy tech all you have to do is get a job as a cashier or something else at a pharmacy and they will pay for you to get certified and trained. I didn't know anything about the pharmacy industry before I started working on the walmart pharmacy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dora in Marietta, Georgia

14 months ago

Hello. If you want to become a pharmacy technician, all you have to do is get a job at a pharmacy. I got a job at a walmart pharmacy as a cashier. Then they trained me to become attack and reimburse me for all the cost of testing

Pam Cox in Boston, Massachusetts

14 months ago

Crimson Institute

www.crimsoninstitute.com

e: info@crimsoninstitute.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

barbarasw in Fort Myers, Florida

9 months ago

You don't want to do an on the job training program because it doesn't teach you all the material you need to know. You want to go to a qualified state board licensed school. My friend did CVS on the job training and she said when she went to take the certification test she barely knew any of the material. A school here called PharmTec is new, but it's taught by pharmacists and you get to focus completely on learning what you need to know. Check it out at www.pharmtecschool.com It's campus based and online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daya R., CPhT

9 months ago

I believe it was this thread where I read someone recommending the pharmtech program at Allied Business Schools. I just wanted to come back and thank whoever it was and tell future readers that ABS is an excellent choice. I just took the ExCPT this afternoon and passed. The proctors said I was the first one at my testing site to have done so. Apparently the people who have gone to local career schools have come out and said that NOTHING they learned in school was on the boards. YOWCH! (Fifteen thousand down the drain for those poor folks.)

I'll come back and let you know later if my externship site hires me. (I can assure you I'm not a sockpuppet. Sockpuppets don't owe half their tuition yet!)

michaeljfairfax in Burke, Virginia

7 months ago

Steve in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hi,

I am interested in becoming a Pharmacy Tech and would like to study online.
Could anybody please recommend a good school, I don't want to spend my money on some scam school.
Thank you very much.

Steve

Very good free online resources available at www.pharmacy-tech-study.com, Steve. Best of luck -- usual "SAT" mode advice applies, it's another fill-in-the-bubbles exam. Skip what you don't know on the first pass, then go back and work through the difficult ones.

Daya R., CPhT

7 months ago

Daya R., CPhT said: I'll come back and let you know later if my externship site hires me. (I can assure you I'm not a sockpuppet. Sockpuppets don't owe half their tuition yet!)

I had a falling out with ABS externship coordinator, so I ended up dropping out and getting my tuition back.

Nevertheless, I have an interview tomorrow with a small pharmacy...here's hoping!

sshort in Kings Mountain, North Carolina

6 months ago

I want to be a pharmacy tech so bad its a dream career of mine. I have tried for 2 years to get into this career and no luck in being hired. I have even aplied for pharmacy tech trainee and still no luck. I have great retail experience. I currently work as a front store cashier at rite aid pharmacy and although not much experience I cashiered in the pharmacy twice in my 4 months as front store cashier. I live in N.C can someone please give some advice on how to persue my dream as a pharmacy technician?

Daya R., CPhT

6 months ago

Sorry if this seems rather terse, but:

1) Go to school
2) Pass your boards
3) Complete your externship
4) Hope you get hired at your ex site or get lucky and find a small (non-chain) pharm that's interested in you
5) [Optional] Get a year or two of experience in a retail pharm and start applying to hospitals and other medical sites.

Beyond that, since you're already at Rite Aid, be sure that your pharmacy manager knows you're interested and that you put your name in the ring when they're looking for a new tech. You have a leg up on the "chains train their own" side of things because you're already there. The rest of us have to struggle to break into the field.

sshort in Georgia

6 months ago

Daya R., CPhT said: Sorry if this seems rather terse, but:

1) Go to school
2) Pass your boards
3) Complete your externship
4) Hope you get hired at your ex site or get lucky and find a small (non-chain) pharm that's interested in you
5) [Optional] Get a year or two of experience in a retail pharm and start applying to hospitals and other medical sites.

Beyond that, since you're already at Rite Aid, be sure that your pharmacy manager knows you're interested and that you put your name in the ring when they're looking for a new tech. You have a leg up on the "chains train their own" side of things because you're already there. The rest of us have to struggle to break into the field.

Thanks for the advise. I intended on going to school but I wasn't sure what to do. So many people advise not to go its a waste of time.

Daya R., CPhT

6 months ago

Maybe when you're expressing interest to the pharmacy manager, ask what s/he (or the company) prefers. I don't know about RiteAid, but I know CVS and Walgreens will train their own. No sense in shelling out if the company will pay your tuition for you. :D

Preston in Richmond, Virginia

6 months ago

Nationally speaking, there is no requirement to attend ANY school. In fact schools are charging anywhere from $800 - $22,000. You may have a state requirement though.
goto www.rxtechexam.com/pages.php?pageid=8 there is a drop down menu where you can select your state specifically and it will take you to it's Board of Pharmacy Website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daya R., CPhT

6 months ago

No, you're right about that...but you still have to pass one of the national exams!

luis in Boston, Massachusetts

2 months ago

Get a job in cvs or walgreens. They give trainning to get you certified at no cost. Im telling you. In massachusetts they have trainning for free at walgreens and cvs. But its just my opinion. It doesnt pay good.

luis in Boston, Massachusetts

2 months ago

Hard to get the job.

ptcbeasy in Watsonville, California

2 months ago

If you are struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that
extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy
to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs
to be! You don't need a tutor! You don't need to spend 10k for a
school or 2k for one of those online schools. All you need is the
right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard
sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand.
I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt!

Please email me at ptcbeasy@gmail.com
or visit www.ebay.com/usr/wavelightthesmiths

ptcbeasy in Watsonville, California

2 months ago

If you are struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that
extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy
to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs
to be! You don't need a tutor! You don't need to spend 10k for a
school or 2k for one of those online schools. All you need is the
right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard
sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand.
I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt!

Please email me at ptcbeasy@gmail.com
or visit www.ebay.com/usr/wavelightthesmiths

asbrowngroup@gmail.com in Washington

1 month ago

Hi everyone! I feel lucky I stumbled across this webpage and saw all these comments. I am a working Doctor of Pharmacy and a pharmacist who works at PharmTec Pharmacy Technician School. Kudos to whomever that was kind enough to give the good comments on the school.

I just wanted to let you know that I see a lot of correct and incorrect information posted on this blog...so be careful you double check whatever you hear. Also, heads up that there are SERIOUSLY big changes coming for techs...the biggest changes which have ever been seen in the profession. They are starting now and will continue over the next two years. They are NATIONAL changes and you will definitely want to be prepared to be in the best position. While we are not in other states yet, I encourage anyone in Florida who wants to become a licensed and certified tech to visit our website at www.pharmtecschool.com. Best wishes to all!

April Brown PharmD in Fort Myers, Florida

1 month ago

sshort in Kings Mountain, North Carolina said: I want to be a pharmacy tech so bad its a dream career of mine. I have tried for 2 years to get into this career and no luck in being hired. I have even aplied for pharmacy tech trainee and still no luck. I have great retail experience. I currently work as a front store cashier at rite aid pharmacy and although not much experience I cashiered in the pharmacy twice in my 4 months as front store cashier. I live in N.C can someone please give some advice on how to persue my dream as a pharmacy technician?

Hi sshort!

I am a pharmacist in Florida. I admire your passion for pharmacy! There are a few things which might be able help you--as the whole professional arena for technicians is just getting to enter a cycle of huge change and advancement. You will 'have' to, however, go through a good program and then get certified first. When I say good, be SURE you choose a program which is going to prepare you very well to place you in a good position for what's coming. There are short certificate programs...cheap but not sufficient in my opinion...and there are expensive, long schools...I don't personally feel it is a good idea to place yourself with high loan repayment...and there are schools which have other allied health professionals teaching the courses who have never even 'worked' in a pharmacy. If you were interested in auto-mechanic school, do you think you would learn more from an air-conditioning mechanic or an auto-mechanic? Yes, who teaches it is THAT important for pharmacy technicians.

Although we only have a school in Florida right now...I will tell you with the changes that are coming your best chance will be if you find a reasonable-length program with pharmacist instructors there and get certified as soon as possible. And, if you cannot find a pharmacy job 'right away' try to volunteer at a hospital or in any health setting (doing anything) to have on your resume. Best wishes!

Mary in Midlothian, Virginia

1 month ago

I used RxTechExam.com to study for the PTCB Exam. The whole program cost is under $250, their instructors are awesome, their course isn't boring text on a white page AND they even guarantee that you pass or they'll give you your money back!

Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.