Comments (101 to 150 of 530)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Regina in New Brunswick, New Jersey

70 months ago

Thank you and the same to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in Turlock, California

70 months ago

John in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: If you really think about, you can buy a used pharmacy book online for $25-30. This site charges you a lot for a book and email support, big deal...find a free phamacy tech forum/group, and get all the support for free...do not give money to these sites, or waste $10,000 going to school. buy a decent used pharmacy tech book online, and study the hell out of math formulas...

Does anyone know if this is true for California?

I have been an X-ray Tech for 15 years, and hurt myself on the job over a year ago so I am needing a new career. I know the pay won't be comparable, but to be an x-ray tech, I had to go to an accredited school, prior to taking any exams. Any help you can provide would be great, thanks

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

70 months ago

Stacy in Turlock, California said: Does anyone know if this is true for California?

I have been an X-ray Tech for 15 years, and hurt myself on the job over a year ago so I am needing a new career. I know the pay won't be comparable, but to be an x-ray tech, I had to go to an accredited school, prior to taking any exams. Any help you can provide would be great, thanks

listen to what you are saying..you hurt yourself in an x-ray career, and you want to move into a career where there is a lot more movement involved?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nanette

70 months ago

Hi. I enrolled in a Pharmacy Technician class at one of our local hospitals and successfully passed it. I took and passed the State exam for Pharmacy Technicians in 2003. I was never employed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, because of family obligations. My certification expired in 2005. After being a full-time mom for so many years, I am now determined to 'get a life of my own!' Lol. I have just come across a job opening at Walgreens and it sounds like they train on the job and help you gain certification. I'm pretty sure after all this time, I will need to retake the certification exam. I live in Indiana...jfyi. Has anyone out there been hired by Walgreens and completed their training to become certified? Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Nanette said: Hi. I enrolled in a Pharmacy Technician class at one of our local hospitals and successfully passed it. I took and passed the State exam for Pharmacy Technicians in 2003. I was never employed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, because of family obligations. My certification expired in 2005. After being a full-time mom for so many years, I am now determined to 'get a life of my own!' Lol. I have just come across a job opening at Walgreens and it sounds like they train on the job and help you gain certification. I'm pretty sure after all this time, I will need to retake the certification exam. I live in Indiana...jfyi. Has anyone out there been hired by Walgreens and completed their training to become certified? Thanks so much.

I am sure they have. I have applied for walgreens many times without even a return phone call...just because they train does not mean they will hire you..i have applied many times...more then likely, they hire experiance techs, and they train you on their systems...some people think just because they say they train, then they train everyone, and that may not be true...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raveena in Oakland, California

70 months ago

Hey, I'm currently taking the Pharmacy Tech course online at Gatlineducation.com through a local university here. The program is great because its self-paced and if needed they allow additional time after 6 months to complete it. I have yet to do my rotations and will go on to take the PTCB ( sooo nervous about that especially if 40% of the exam is math here in Cali as sam above mentioned.). Anyway, if you're interested in a very good comprehensive online course, please inquire about Gatlineducation. Good Luck. :)

stacy in Seattle, Washington

70 months ago

Right now i am doing my pre-reqs for pharmacy shcool i finish my AA in science within the next 5 months so does that mean I dont have to go to pharmacy school or my pharmacy schooling will be shorter if I went?

70 months ago

stacy in Seattle, Washington said: Right now i am doing my pre-reqs for pharmacy shcool i finish my AA in science within the next 5 months so does that mean I dont have to go to pharmacy school or my pharmacy schooling will be shorter if I went?

I do not think so..your AA degree in science has nothing to do with becoming a pharmacist...I am not sure why you are asking this now..if you are already attending, then you should have already had a consult with your school advisors...they will tell you what you can transfer, and what will not transfer.. if you are going to an accredited school...

haily in Buena Park, California

70 months ago

i recently took the exam and got my certification.
i thought that was all i needed to do to become a pharmacy technician (get certified) but while searing through the net, i realized that i have to register to get a license is that true? if so how do i register? thank you

vinu in Torrance, California

70 months ago

congrats ...how was the exam ?.which book u studied for the exam ..math or pharmocolgy questions more in exam ?
thanks

haily in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

vinu in Torrance, California said: congrats ...how was the exam ?.which book u studied for the exam ..math or pharmocolgy questions more in exam ?
thanks

from what i remember quesetions were mostly based on laws and regulations in terms of assisting pharmacist, maintaining medication/inventory control, and pharmacy practices. there aren't alot of pharmacology questions to affect you greatly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Regina in Ephrata, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

How many questions were on the test?

Sue in Pueblo, Colorado

69 months ago

I'm preparing to enroll in Remington College. Sure, I COULD pay $132 for 3 textbooks from Amazon to become a do it yourself pharmacy tech but what about actually gaining valuable experience with the externship program they offer? Externships can lead to employment. Some of you make it sound so easy to just buy a book and WOW! you can become a pharmacy tech overnight. Seriously doubt it. Do they have do it yourself MD books out there?

Regina in Lititz, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

A pharmacy techinican is not like becoming a medical doctor unless you want to be a pharmacist. This forum is here to help people and avoid paying thousands of dollars for programs that people just don't have. No matter where you get a job, the company will train the way the corporation wants to.

mary in Modesto, California

69 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: listen to what you are saying..you hurt yourself in an x-ray career, and you want to move into a career where there is a lot more movement involved?

vrose you most hate everything about being a pt you never say anything helpfull, its all discouraging

69 months ago

mary in Modesto, California said: vrose you most hate everything about being a pt you never say anything helpfull, its all discouraging

I will tell you the truth, I am sorry, I am not here to please you or make you feel good about yourself. Some jobs may accommadate someone with limited movement or even a disability, but a fast paced pharamcy, or even a slow one, should they really have too? weather you like it not, its reality and a lot of liable questions behind this, and im nothing to waste my time on this any futher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Sue in Pueblo, Colorado said: I'm preparing to enroll in Remington College. Sure, I COULD pay $132 for 3 textbooks from Amazon to become a do it yourself pharmacy tech but what about actually gaining valuable experience with the externship program they offer? Externships can lead to employment. Some of you make it sound so easy to just buy a book and WOW! you can become a pharmacy tech overnight. Seriously doubt it. Do they have do it yourself MD books out there?

Externships do not guarantee jobs. if the place you going to extern has no openings then I suggest you continue your extern on a volunteer basis' until you actually find work, or you will be left sitting at home doing nothing, then again you could be hired. I know I was not hired after my externship because there were no openings, and it was over a year before I found someone to hire me.

Jacqui in Monroe, New York

69 months ago

I take the test in New York on dec. 4th. I am so nervous been working as a tech at wal-mart for almost 2 yrs. They will only give me a 50 cent raise if I pass but I am planning on applying at other places and hope. any hints on what I should prior to the exam? or know of any places hiring over $13.00hr. thanks
cafeblues2nyc@yahoo.com

69 months ago

Jacqui in Monroe, New York said: I take the test in New York on dec. 4th. I am so nervous been working as a tech at wal-mart for almost 2 yrs. They will only give me a 50 cent raise if I pass but I am planning on applying at other places and hope. any hints on what I should prior to the exam? or know of any places hiring over $13.00hr. thanks
cafeblues2nyc@yahoo.com

there is a couple ways to earn that kind of money...live in a high end area, have serveral years of experiance, work in a hospital. Our lead tech has 10+ years of exp and only makes $15.00 an hour, so unless you end up in a hospital with loads of overtime, you will never made that much money.

cheryl in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Don't waste time or money going to a tech school. These type of trade schools are nothing but scams to make money from government student loans. They don't educate you and aren't interested in finding you a job. They exist only to scam students.
The best way to become a tech is to get a job as a pharmacy clerk/cashier and learn on the job. Later, just take the test. It's not hard--mostly common sense. The calculations are nothing -just common sense. What's so hard about "patient takes 2 tablets daily for 7 days" how many does that equal? A moron could figure out the answer is 14 tablets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

cheryl in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Sue in Pueblo, Colorado said: I'm preparing to enroll in Remington College. Sure, I COULD pay $132 for 3 textbooks from Amazon to become a do it yourself pharmacy tech but what about actually gaining valuable experience with the externship program they offer? Externships can lead to employment. Some of you make it sound so easy to just buy a book and WOW! you can become a pharmacy tech overnight. Seriously doubt it. Do they have do it yourself MD books out there?

The pharmacy tech schools are scams. They make their money from student loans and tuition. They don't prepare you for a job and they have no interest in finding you a job. Extenships are nothing more than providing free labor to pharmacies willing to take in students.
Why would you want to waste your money and time in school when you could be working. Most pharmacies hire people in as pharmacy clerks/cashiers and do on the job training to become a tech. Where I work all the techs were hired in as cashier/clerks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Regina in Lititz, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

LOL, you would be surprized. One of my follow nursing students couldn't figure out this: Dose ordered, 500mg of tylenol, what you have on hand is 250mg tablets. This student needed a calculator to figure this one out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mal251 in Frisco City, Alabama

69 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: I am pretty pissed off, so yes, I am being honest.

I think most states do require that you be registered
as a pharmacy tech, normally a yearly $20 fee. Some states
you are not required to be certified but mostly it is a plus,
that is the PTCB exam, look at the link on the bottom of my
posts, you can find help on where to start. IV certification
is also required in most states if you want to work in an
IV environment. go to google and look for pharmacy board (in your state) then find the link that will lead you to your pharmacy board, that will tell you what is or is not required for your state.

here is an example pharmacy board for my state:
www.phcybrd.state.mn.us/pharmtec.htm

Hope this has helped someone.

Hello, I understand what you are talking about. I got ripped off by trying to be a medical assistant, in Smyrna,GA. That was 10 years ago and I couldn't get help finding employment and am still stuck with the loan.

dee in Sarasota, Florida

69 months ago

vrose-could part of your search for a job taking so long be attitude?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mal251 in Frisco City, Alabama

69 months ago

Hello, I am glad I found this forum. It is very helpful thanks so much to all of you participating. My question is, how do I locate the site to find out all the requirements to become a tech for Alabama?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lily in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Ok so I don't want to waste money on the tech schools since I have had 6 years experience as a pharmacy clerk and a tiny bit experience filling medications and I see all the reviews on how its a big waste I money. I agree, I only want to buy the books, study really hard and hopefully pass the PTCB certificate test so I can qualify to register as a PT in California and get a good job. The only thing that I am nervous about is that mostly all the pharmacies only want to hire someone with atleast 1 or 2 years pharmacy "tech" experience. How can I get that experience without going to one of those schools and getting an externship? I no longer work at a pharmacy & it was sold to new owners so I lost that chance there, plus its now a closed door pharmacy. Anyways I don't really believe that there are pharmacies that will let you volunteer. I don't think they will take that chance. Please help!

TIA in Riverside, California

69 months ago

I'm currently taking a pharmacy tech course and it seems kind of hard (afraid of failing it) and the reason being is I haven't been in school for over 10 years, so the memory is kinda slowly coming back into play (seems a bit fast paced as well). Is there anyway of usually failing the class? Will I learn any better/quicker if I start interning? Any helpful tips? TIA

69 months ago

Is it the math part or the classification of meds?

69 months ago

Hi Regina, it's basically everything. I'm not the fastest learner and it takes a while to absorb the information in. Also, the class is a little faster paced than I am use to. TIA

69 months ago

The calculations are basically multiplication, and division.
Converting pounds to kilograms and vice-versa. For the math, there's a book called math for meds. I'm sure you can find it used online. Also, Mosby makes flash cards for pharmacology, that you can find in the nursing section at any bookstore. Don't give up. Just give yourself extra time. I'm a visual learner and it takes me awhile sometimes. Hope I've helped you.

irisheric in Roseville, California

69 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: What i am saying is, I spent $10,000 for school, and a 1 1/2 later I still have not found employment as a pharmacy tech, if i had it to do over again, I would have just studied for the exam, and get as many certifications as you can, then volunteer in a hospital pharmacy to gain experiance. There are books on taking the pharmacy exam. Know your math formulas foremost, there maybe a lot of math questions on the exam, allegations, know how to determine if a DEA number is valid or not, I would not waste money going to school. I went to texas school of business in houston, tx - I would never recommend that school, there is almost no way to fail, they want you to get out so they can get paid, although you can fail if you do not attend classes, or pass their cheap tests, im sure most 6-8 month pharmacy schools are the same way. They really do not care if you really learn anything, they just want to get you out on the street, employed or not just so they can get their pay check, my teachers do not even return my calls anymore, they just dont care, so why bother.

You should go to this ptcb yahoo site where you can lean about your exam and study tips. hopefully the link will not be deleted, this is a very good yahoo group that can help.

groups.yahoo.com/group/JeanettasPTCBStudyGroup

Yeah I agree with you. I went to Boston Reed College in California. Big mistake. DO NOT ATTEND BOSTON REED COLLEGE!!! They don't give a damn about the students, and some pharmacies won't even let you do your externship if you attended Boston Reed.

David

69 months ago

I agree investing in education is not a bad thing. I just finished a pharm tech course on line and it was great. It was also inexpensive. However in California certification is not required but would better help you in landing a job. To get a license in California it requires you have at least 240 hours of school instruction to become a registered pharm tech RPhT. Certification is up to you and most job posting's I have read prefer certification. CPhT Certified pharm tech..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

GabrielG in Chino Hils, California

69 months ago

David said: I agree investing in education is not a bad thing. I just finished a pharm tech course on line and it was great. It was also inexpensive. However in California certification is not required but would better help you in landing a job. To get a license in California it requires you have at least 240 hours of school instruction to become a registered pharm tech RPhT. Certification is up to you and most job posting's I have read prefer certification. CPhT Certified pharm tech..

Could you please tell what online school that was? Thank you. I am also interested in becoming a pharmacy tech in California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Regina in Ephrata, Pennsylvania said: The calculations are basically multiplication, and division.
Converting pounds to kilograms and vice-versa. For the math, there's a book called math for meds. I'm sure you can find it used online. Also, Mosby makes flash cards for pharmacology, that you can find in the nursing section at any bookstore. Don't give up. Just give yourself extra time. I'm a visual learner and it takes me awhile sometimes. Hope I've helped you.

Thanks Regina. I was thinking of quitting the class, but I've heard things get alot easier once you intern at a pharmacy. Is this true? TIA

Jeanetta in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Sorry RPh! "Up until a few years ago there was no such thing as a pharmacy tech school." This is simply NOT true! It may be true for Retail that YOUR clerks were promoted to techs. But I happen to know many who wer USED and abused by the chain store pharmacy systems! Theu were told that they would be trained and promoted. But never were. This before the change in 2004 laws. Back then a clerk would train for 1500 and the RPh would sign them off to apply to become registered. HOWEVER most chain stores would NEVER sign off the clerk, stating that they did not ened their services any more or they did not have room for an FTE. The person/clerk would be left hanging.

I have been teaching since 1999! There have been PLENTY of schools in CALIFORNIA for over 20 years now! Where have you been? The CA law has always allowed people to become registered IF they had graduated from a tech program. And up until 2004 a military program or had AA or BS in hard science or had 1500 hours in retail training. I attended Cerritos College back in 1985 to 1989 when the program was new, and guess what? Not much has changed. It didn't need to as it is all encompassing! They got computers and that is about all they had to add and of course law and drug updates in the curriculum. I was taught IV's and I teach IV's. My students go out leaning ALL retail and hospital. MOST get hired in hospital. Most get hired via extenship. I am located in Long Beach.
Further I teach through private, SCROC and ROP at the SAME location. The SAME program and it is free to ROP students. So the stats are there.

I have taught at two other schools and I had high stats in hospital and retail as well.
What may be workimg in the pharmacy where you are at is not the case in all pharmacies, nor most of them.
I am also on a task force to CHANGE educational requiements for pharm techs in CA. Watch out! you just may be forced to higher an educated tech in the future!

Setting record straight!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cheryl in Issaquah, Washington

69 months ago

First of all, I can't believe that you teach. You have so many grammatical errors and misspellings in your reply.

You sound so upset-just because you teach doesn't mean that everyone has to go to school. I believe that every clerk should be given an opportunity to learn and be promoted on the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

GabrielG in Chino Hils, California

69 months ago

Jeanetta in Los Angeles, California said: Sorry RPh! "Up until a few years ago there was no such thing as a pharmacy tech school." This is simply NOT true! It may be true for Retail that YOUR clerks were promoted to techs. But I happen to know many who wer USED and abused by the chain store pharmacy systems! Theu were told that they would be trained and promoted. But never were. This before the change in 2004 laws. Back then a clerk would train for 1500 and the RPh would sign them off to apply to become registered. HOWEVER most chain stores would NEVER sign off the clerk, stating that they did not ened their services any more or they did not have room for an FTE. The person/clerk would be left hanging.

I have been teaching since 1999! There have been PLENTY of schools in CALIFORNIA for over 20 years now! Where have you been? The CA law has always allowed people to become registered IF they had graduated from a tech program. And up until 2004 a military program or had AA or BS in hard science or had 1500 hours in retail training. I attended Cerritos College back in 1985 to 1989 when the program was new, and guess what? Not much has changed. It didn't need to as it is all encompassing! They got computers and that is about all they had to add and of course law and drug updates in the curriculum. I was taught IV's and I teach IV's. My students go out leaning ALL retail and hospital. MOST get hired in hospital. Most get hired via extenship. I am located in Long Beach.
Further I teach through private, SCROC and ROP at the SAME location. The SAME program and it is free to ROP students. So the stats are there.

Can you please tell me which schools offer ROP programs in Pharm. Tech.? I am in the same geographical area (orange county/la county).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanetta Mastron CPhT BS in Monrovia, California

69 months ago

GabrielG in Chino Hils, California said:

Feel free to email me privately at rxjm2002@yahoo.com

Jeanetta Mastron CPhT BS in Monrovia, California

69 months ago

cheryl in Issaquah, Washington said: First of all, I can't believe that you teach. You have so many grammatical errors and misspellings in your reply.

You sound so upset-just because you teach doesn't mean that everyone has to go to school. I believe that every clerk should be given an opportunity to learn and be promoted on the job.

Re-read your statements. Who is upset?

This is so not worth my time! But I will try:
Out of 38,000 students NOMINATED in Southern Cal ROP students I have had the ONLY ONE student who got the one scholarship award in 2007. Ever year for the last 6 years I have had at least one if not two students place in the bronze, Silver or categories. I have had 8 students awarded after a series of interviews, presentations and tests. For every one student NOMINATED there are at lest 25 who were not! Of the 18 students who one out of the 38,000 nominated last year two of MY students went on towin teh Gold and Silver awards when ONLY 3 can win such awards of ALL of the Health categories.

I 'currently' have about 18 students (former/grads) now in Pharm school.

Sorry that you can't take a few of my typos on a blog! My apologies. I work about 60 hours a week at the school as director and educator, which is in addition to the many hours I put in online TEACHING FREE on my site. By the way did I mention it is the first free online teaching and tutoring and has MANY of my colleagues as contributing members.

What I may lack in typing skills, you lack in respect and ettiquet (sorry to be so trueful, but hen if your going to dish it out....)

Respectfully to all who read this, including you Cheryl in WA!
Jeanetta Mastron CPhT BS
Pharm Tech Educator

Adrien in Mesa, Arizona

69 months ago

Now...Now..! Can't we all just get along...? And thanks to all who took the time to share there research and experiences...I just enrolled in a online school two days ago...and thanks to most post on this site...I just canceled... :) I'm thinking of going the Noah Reifman certification review book route first and heck...I might even take a crack at the cert. exam...and see where things end up...! Will be back to post what I think of the book.

Have a great weekend!

SolNick in Phoenix, Arizona

69 months ago

HI! After I researched ptech salaries, i searched jobs where they took pharm tech trainee's. The only place that was desperate for help-and still is- was WALMART. Its absolutely not a good place to start working at, never the less, Training, if you cant take high paced, above pressure, high volume of customers( due to their $4 RXS). After almost 10 months there, Ive had it with their disrespect. Only because I entered that workplace as a trainee they worked the cramp out of me. I HAVE WORKED UP TO 105 HRS IN TWO WEEKS. The Overtime sucked because taxes eats it up. It wasnt worth it. The only reason I have taken it was because it was required of me at times. I want to know how different work enviorments are now that IM LICENSED. I want to pick the best enviorment for me.

69 months ago

vinu in Torrance, California said: thank u very much for the info..as u said to get into pharmacy as pharmacy clerk,can i just go & apply.will they take persons with out any experience in pharmacy field,becoz i don't have any pharmacy experience,iam a master graduate in chemistry only.also can u recommend the name of the book which i have to study for the PTCB exam ?..once again thank u so much..

Please contact me at rxjm2002@yahoo.com
I work in Long Beach through SCROC in Torrance. The answer to your question is as I wrote. I have a reviews of several books on my FREE PTCB Study Group site.
Respectfully,
Jeanetta Mastron CPhT BS Chemistry

69 months ago

Adrien in Mesa, Arizona said: Now...Now..! Can't we all just get along...? And thanks to all who took the time to share there research and experiences...I just enrolled in a online school two days ago...and thanks to most post on this site...I just canceled... :) I'm thinking of going the Noah Reifman certification review book route first and heck...I might even take a crack at the cert. exam...and see where things end up...! Will be back to post what I think of the book.

Have a great weekend!

I appreciate your comment. I have the SAME feeling!
Would love to just be able to post with out the "smart a.." remarks
or defending myself.
I am ALL business ALL pharmacy and I am very serious aobut education. IF anyone would like to contact me or my FREE Study Group site please feel free. My site is a 'hatred' free zone, FREE and used by MANY educators across this USA to supplement the education of their students as well as by average every day people who intend to buy a book and self - study to pass the PTCB or ExCPT exam.

I did not attack anyone, but I will defend myself.

Thank you for bringing your idea of PEACE forward during this holiday season. Agree 100%

vee in Vale, North Carolina

69 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: You should not waste any money on any type of school,
find a pharmacy tech book, study it, and take your exam.

I went to an actual school, 1 1/2 years later, im still
trying to find work as a Pharmacy Tech.

Dont waste money going to school.

Hey - Vale! I'm from Kings Mtn - what book should I use? Where did you go to school for pharmacy tech? I'm currently a school teacher, but looking for something to do when retirement rolls around in a few yrs. vanita.evans@lincolncharter.org

Jm008 in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

Hello,

Am I understanding this correctly? I can buy a pharmacy tech study guide and study really hard without even hands on training at some body's school, take the test and pass and get certified? I actually was looking at a taking a course at my local community college. It's the cheapest I've seen $999, and the course it very short. I don't know what I want to do now.
I will buy a study guide ASAP, and study like crazy! I am so glad I found this website. Thanks for all the helpful insights about the PT.

vee in Vale, North Carolina

69 months ago

where are you located to have a comm college teach the course? I haven't found one yet - just a pharm tech academy for $1125 run by a retired pharmacist

Jm008 in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

I am in dallas texas. Here is the link. Take a look at all the courses.

www.cedarvalleycollege.edu/uploads/images/sched/fa08ce.pdf.

Here is an website that you can take online through your local community college or university that has a PT course all online. Check it out.
www.gatlineducation.com/Ghealth.html

Jm008 in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

Vee,

Here is the Spring 2009 catalog. You have the fall 2008. Scroll down to the Healthcare section.

www.cedarvalleycollege.edu/uploads/images/sched/sp09ce.pdf.

lsimmons in Conroe, Texas

68 months ago

vee in Vale, North Carolina said: where are you located to have a comm college teach the course? I haven't found one yet - just a pharm tech academy for $1125 run by a retired pharmacist

Hello all Pharm-tech students and want to be student and student that needs to be help, here are some solutions to your hands on if you need a I.V. kit and someone to help you please let me help you to learn E-mail me your questions and I will direct you to a pharmacy tech kit. And For free on-line help / w I.V cert. I am in Houston Tx. mailto:lsimmons@yahoo.com

brnlcrd in Wichita, Kansas

68 months ago

Hi everyone,
I teach pharmacy tech classes at a local college. I can understand alott of your frustrations. I, too, am a CPTh. I have work hospital and retail both. I have been a rx tech for 18 1/2 yrs. Hospital work is more reliable, pay is a little better than retail. Independent retailers pay a little more money than chain retailers. Hospital work, is by far more detailed than retail. You need to know more than just what your top 200 drugs are. You need to know how to make IVs and how to calculate the doses. The reason for the schools is IN PART to help you realize, that if you give out wrong meds, calculate doses wrong you can and will hurt/injure/kill someone. Yes kill someone. There are more things to being a pharmacy tech than standing behind a counter asking customers what their allergies are, and ringing them up. Please consider that if you "just buy a book" and take the test it don't mean you are a pharmacy tech. (Maybe on paper if you pass the test.) But, pharmacist will know very quickly if you know your stuff. So a question to ask yourself is: Do I want a job or do I want to help people? If you say yes to the latter please get an education. I don't want to be on the receiving end of an IV you made. Please note, I'm not endorsing school or home training JUST LEARN your stuff. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.