Pharmacy Technician or Medical Coding and Billin?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

lerolero in Fayetteville, North Carolina

12 months ago

I'm still deciding whether pharmacy tech or medical coding and billing. I know medical coding pays wayyy more but i've been reading of how hard it is to find a job, but also how the new icd-10 is going to need more people into the field. In my area, they are always looking for pharmacy tech, however, the pay is low. I'm about to start school and I have just one day to decide between these two. This is a second career/job, becausd I already have a bachelors degree but I need money to invest in my photography business... please need ur opinions and experience! Thanks!!
(I have two daughters so I need whatever is going to land in a job fast and givd me good money. I would enjoy both of thess careers)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

12 months ago

I would do both to be honest. You could work as a claims benefits analyst at one particular company if you have your Pharmacy Tech license and certificate and a medical coding background. Depending on what state you reside, you don't have to bother with the classes to become a Pharmacy Tech. Just take the exam and pass. But please check with your local state government to be absolutely sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sara ,CPhT in Fort Worth, Texas

11 months ago

Certainly Medical Coding .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.