RITE-AID

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 114)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

former Rite Aid Tech in Norman Park, Georgia

50 months ago

It wasn't dealing with the public that bothered me, I have been in this field for 27 years, but when you have technicians that don't call in and don't show up and you have a pharmacist that don't give a crap and you are doing a huge amount of prescriptions a day, then let's see what you can do with just you and 1 more tech while the pharmacist sits on his stool and doesn't do anything. I am sure you can go to work with Rite Aid. You may change your mind completely!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Well, thank you. Your comment makes a lot of scene as well. Different companies have different problems. They all deal with them differently. However,I will go as far as saying that SOME companies WILL discriminate. Whether it is race ,sex, disabilities, etc. It is almost impossible to prove otherwise.
Anybody else reading this who would like me to explain more in detail, I would be more than happy too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Are you serious? You should be happy to even have a job! Where ever you go there is going to be what you call abuse! And you are a Tech or Pharmacist?
Don't get me wrong I know people can be tough to deal with. One thing, I think, you fail to realize that the people you are dealing with, for the most part are sick! The b/s laws that we have to follow don't help. The combination of sick people and laws that are becoming more and more invasive on a personal level is a volatile mixture. What makes it worse, is people don't understand, or refuse to accept these laws that we have to follow.
Or are you upset about company policies? If that is the case, the "grass is not greener on the other side".
Best of luck to you

50 months ago

Veronica in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Thank you! One person who makes sense. Grass is never greener, and working in a hospital isn't a luxury. I have been in one for almost ten years. I don't mind my job, I work in a lab. I have been looking for a Pharm Tech job for a few years within the hospital I am at. It's impossible to work as a pharmacist at a hospital UNLESS you are already in a Pharmacy School or certified. I really don't care where I work as a pharm tech at, I just need some experience right now. So, just as an FYI -- Hospitals are not any better. Anywhere you work at has it's goods and bads. If you can't deal with the public, then maybe not even go into the Pharmacy Field.

I agree with you 1000%!! I wish I could get a job ANYWHERE at this point. I really want to get into chemotherapy but you need experience. I can't even get into a place to get the smallest amount of experience!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lalala in West Covina, California

50 months ago

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I agree with you 1000%!! I wish I could get a job ANYWHERE at this point. I really want to get into chemotherapy but you need experience. I can't even get into a place to get the smallest amount of experience!

since it's monday, i'm thinking about calling up some pharmacies and hospitals to see if they need any volunteer pharm techs...
even though i won't be getting paid, i'll still be building up some experience so that i'll be more competent for future job openings.
and i just read yesterday that los angeles is the 5th worst city to get a job...FML

Brian in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

lalala in West Covina, California said: since it's monday, i'm thinking about calling up some pharmacies and hospitals to see if they need any volunteer pharm techs...
even though i won't be getting paid, i'll still be building up some experience so that i'll be more competent for future job openings.
and i just read yesterday that los angeles is the 5th worst city to get a job...FML

If u don't mind driving to the city of Orange (40 min drive from westco) there's a place called Canon Drugs that might hire u. Not to sound racist but he hires mostly Asians and whites. Let's face it the world is not all smiles & gummi bears. I believe the owner pays pharmacy techs $12 & he doesn't test u again. My gf use to work there! U might have o wear more than a pharmacy tech hat there though!

NEW HIRE (ohhh joy)! in Wallingford, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

I'm sorry, this doesn't really ADD to the conversation but I just started at Rie Aid on the 8th and NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, can give me the Rite Aid website for payroll or even a number. I was supposed to be paid this week and have NOTHING. Thanks.

Crazy Bear in Cape May, New Jersey

49 months ago

That does not surprise me!

PhillipFry in Seattle, Washington

49 months ago

I was a former top earner at RA I guess at $18/hr non-union. Certified through RA 1 year front end cashier 1 year assistant 5 years tech. I'm going to assume that I am one of the top hourly associates in this thread as well with 38 hrs scheduled and up to 20 hours of overtime each week working up to 3 stores a week.

Being a pharmacy tech is a hard job & Rite Aid doesn't make it any easier. However, the company does offer a lot of flexibility, at least in my case, if you are willing to work hard and I don't mean just a while. I mean all the time. Think marathon, iron man, 'I'm going to throw up after my shift' hard. And by flexibility I mean make your own ball busting weekly schedules & where you want to work at. & if you happen to be OK with working under those conditions your golden.

At the moment working in a hospital pharmacy being payed more to work less gets me itching to find something more challenging. For anyone else still with RA do you feel that the company will finally be bought out or broken up into its competitors yet? Maybe, I'll reapply.

Voodoo186

49 months ago

PhillipFry in Seattle, Washington said: I was a former top earner at RA I guess at $18/hr non-union. Certified through RA 1 year front end cashier 1 year assistant 5 years tech. I'm going to assume that I am one of the top hourly associates in this thread as well with 38 hrs scheduled and up to 20 hours of overtime each week working up to 3 stores a week.

Being a pharmacy tech is a hard job & Rite Aid doesn't make it any easier. However, the company does offer a lot of flexibility, at least in my case, if you are willing to work hard and I don't mean just a while. I mean all the time. Think marathon, iron man, 'I'm going to throw up after my shift' hard. And by flexibility I mean make your own ball busting weekly schedules & where you want to work at. & if you happen to be OK with working under those conditions your golden.

At the moment working in a hospital pharmacy being payed more to work less gets me itching to find something more challenging. For anyone else still with RA do you feel that the company will finally be bought out or broken up into its competitors yet? Maybe, I'll reapply.

I TOO AM "RITE AID CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN" which apparently means nothing. $18.00 per hour NON-Union? Consider yourself a part of the millionares club of techs there. Here, I am a RA Cert. Tech for 3+ years, I make a whopping $8.70 an hour (that is WITH the whole 25cent "RAISE" I got for passing my certification test, of 100 questions. I am the ONLY technician working with our pharmacist on the night time shift....this means I take drop offs, process, count and label, then bag up and hang the scripts and work the register....then am told Once again...."Everyone's" Hours have to be "cut"...baloney....NOT "Everyone" just me and the old lady who doesn't process only does cash register. The other Tech, I can understand, she has been there for 20 years and is the senior tech....but "Poor" Rite aid just bought out a smaller junkie-laden pharmacy to boost #'s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Corinnacpht in Norfolk, Virginia

48 months ago

Voodoo186 said: I TOO AM "RITE AID CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN" which apparently means nothing. $18.00 per hour NON-Union? Consider yourself a part of the millionares club of techs there. Here, I am a RA Cert. Tech for 3+ years, I make a whopping $8.70 an hour (that is WITH the whole 25cent "RAISE" I got for passing my certification test, of 100 questions. I am the ONLY technician working with our pharmacist on the night time shift....this means I take drop offs, process, count and label, then bag up and hang the scripts and work the register....then am told Once again...."Everyone's" Hours have to be "cut"...baloney....NOT "Everyone" just me and the old lady who doesn't process only does cash register. The other Tech, I can understand, she has been there for 20 years and is the senior tech....but "Poor" Rite aid just bought out a smaller junkie-laden pharmacy to boost #'s

I am in the exact same situation except that there are only 2 techs at my store and only my hours get cut every time the hours get squeezed. I'm the only one working closing shifts, running the register, working drop-off, working with lazy pharmacist so I'm the only one processing, counting, and labeling prescriptions. I'm also the only person in the store that knows how to send and prepare outdates, and overstock. It's the second rite aid my hours went from full-time to part-time (the first store cut me down to 12, this store 29 so far). My store manager and pharmacy manager are backing me up though and have talked to the district manager to boost me to shift supervisor for more money. I got an offer with another company for 11.50, compared to my 9 after fighting for months for a raise, I started at 8 almost 3 years ago, It really put the pressure on them. All I can say is make friends with your bosses, it's the only way to get anywhere with the company. Oh, and try to stand out as an asset. 24

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

HEYEGGY in JERICHO, New York said: IS RITE AID A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AS A PHARMACY TECH ON LONG ISLAND?

I cannot say in that area but I have worked with the company for about 3 years now and I can say It's not terrible. It's hard to get breaks and raises, and a lot of the pharmacist are lazy or are always on the phone talking to friends/family/creditors. But there's a lot of great people who work for the company. It'll also prepare you for the worst. You won't have a lot of help when things get tough, and you really have to learn how to deal with angry people, sad people, sick people. You'll learn great time management and prioritization. It can be a great stepping stone. Although it was hard to pay the bills the last few years, I'm starting to get offers from other companies for much better pay, and Rite Aid has seen me as a valuable member of the team and is trying to promote me to shift supervisor with a raise and guaranteed full time to compete with these offers. Even though I was told that I would not get a raise to become nationally certified I did it anyways to make myself marketable. Wherever you go, think of yourself as a product and sell yourself, because the sooner you do that the better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

After hearing the horrible stories from various techs, across the country, I feel lucky I didn't get the job at Rite Aide that I wanted so bad! Now, I work for Target. They wanted me as a Tech, but had no openings,I was hired for stock,just so they could get me working there until1 there is an opening. When there is an opening they try to hire within the company before looking else where. Meanwhile, I get crossed trained in the Pharmacy. I have no problem with that!
I cannot say how great it is to work for Target. It has it's ups and downs, but show me a company that don't. This company, truly cares for it's employees. This is very different from some companies I have worked for. Companies where you are just a number. Here they realize that their employees are an important asset, and treat you as such. If you show them you are a responsible person, who works as a team,the sky is the limit. I thank Rite Aid for discriminating my disabilities. I know I cannot prove they discriminated, but one cannot ignore the facts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Bay City, Michigan

48 months ago

Stressedout in Westminster, California said: I work at Rite Aid in Ca, I would not recommed them for pharmacy tech, unless you have a union, its hard to get your breaks, and they expect you to do 3-4 jobs at the same time and not make a single mistake. I would try a hospital first, I think the enviornment would be less stressful

I agree I worked as a over worked under paid tech. in Beaverton,mich.and am being falsely accused of stealing C2S never a thank you,never a raise to talk about, and due to a confession of talking a less then full bottle of prozac im now being set up for C2s and a amount of OVER 6000 if you can belive that in a matter of a few months, when i only worked 12 to 14 hours a week!!!!!! WOW I MUST HAVE STOLEN A DUMP TRUCK AND BACKHOE TO GET THEM OUT OF THERE THIS IS GOING ON THERE MADE UP CYCLE COUNTS THAT ARE NEVER ON!!! OH BY THE WAY WHERE WAS THE PHARMICIST?? HELPING ME CARRY THEM OUT lol what a bunch of crap, and i have went threw a major depression due to a very bad divorce and my life has been a living hell did one person from this company ever offer me help or ask how i was? "NO OF COUSE NOT IM NOT A CUSTOMER JUST A UNDER PAID TECH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

I was a under paid over worked never thanked under paid tech in beaverton,Mich. I just lost my job due to signing a confession of taking a less then 1/2 full bottle of Prozac and now im being accused of stealing "get this I hope you all sitting down" over 6000 VS YES 6000 in a few months WOW WHERE WAS THE PHARMIST AND DID I USE A DUMP TUCK AND BACKHOE???? This is being base on there trust worthy cycle counts, we all know how on they are, By the way I don’t think we even have 6000 in our little store with only 1 over worked tech. at a time and 1 over worked pharmacist! There evidence is so good its been over a month im still sitting home and jobless. guess what rite aid im not in jail or should I say prison as they have threatened "BECAUSE I DID NOT DO IT" by the way just so all of you know "IM ALERGIC TO IT ON TOP OF IT!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Montclair, California

48 months ago

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: After hearing the horrible stories from various techs, across the country, I feel lucky I didn't get the job at Rite Aide that I wanted so bad! Now, I work for Target. They wanted me as a Tech, but had no openings,I was hired for stock,just so they could get me working there until1 there is an opening. When there is an opening they try to hire within the company before looking else where. Meanwhile, I get crossed trained in the Pharmacy. I have no problem with that!
I cannot say how great it is to work for Target. It has it's ups and downs, but show me a company that don't. This company, truly cares for it's employees. This is very different from some companies I have worked for. Companies where you are just a number. Here they realize that their employees are an important asset, and treat you as such. If you show them you are a responsible person, who works as a team,the sky is the limit. I thank Rite Aid for discriminating my disabilities. I know I cannot prove they discriminated, but one cannot ignore the facts!

Are you serious??? I was a manager at Target it was the worst job I have ever had. During our manager meetings I would hear the other managers talk so much sh*t about the employees. It was really sad. What sucks is that there is such a huge differance in pay grades. Hourlys start off at minimum wage supervisors start off at $12 and do all the hard work, managers start off anywhere from 23 to 25 an hourand pretty much do nothing. This is all based on Targets in CA. The most shocking thing is the whole red card idea. I can't believe workers actually fall for it. I'd rather have a gift card than a stupid piece of paper saying good job from some jerk off manager. Or I'd rather have a day off than the managers requisitioning donuts or chips. Target sucks plain and simple but than again retail sucks in general.va pharmacist IS the job to have at Target 80k+ starting and only have o work 8 hrs!

48 months ago

IM NOT IN BAY CITY IM IN BEAVERTON,MICHIGAN!!!!

48 months ago

how do you feel about the not acurate "cycle counts" and all the junk equipment at all the small junkie small stores?

48 months ago

Sorry you feel that way. Hate to be blunt about it, but, people will be people.
I was talking about the job it self.
Again, any company you work for you will get people who talk negatively about other people. It's human nature. Period.
Let me ask you this where you work at now does people talk about other people in a negative way? You'll never know what people are saying behind your back.
If someone has a problem with what I am doing (work wise), some one tells me. What they say about me personalty, I don't care. If people want to talk crap, which they will, and it makes them feel better, oh well. Such is life.

48 months ago

Thats very sad but true,thanks

Megan in Brick, New Jersey

48 months ago

I just finished a pharm tech course at the local community college...would rite aid be a good place to start or does anyone have any other suggestions...I would really like to work in a hospital but I know they won't hire you unless you have retail experience...thanks..

48 months ago

I too finished school for Pharmacy Technician. I also became certified. I have found through experience that retailers don not care about certification or schooling. They want hands on experience. Now, to answer your question, I would not work for Rite Aide. Not only did Rite Aide discriminate against me (I know it's hard to prove), but I went through all the hiring process, took my drug test,and was expecting a call to confirm a prescription. I take anti-seizure medication, including clonazepam, which is a controlled substance,as you know. So, I figured someone would call me to confirm the script. However no call was received. After a few days I called Rite Aide and I was assured I was on the new hire list, and would be notified when I would get my schedule. After about a week I called again. This time I was told again I was on the new hire list and not to call back again! So I sent an e-mail to the District Pharmacy Manager. He replied, as followed, this is the actual letter..
Scott,

During your hiring process several individuals had concerns and all agreed that you would not be a fit for the position we had available. I am sorry but there is no longer a position for you at this time.

Thank you
Joe
Now, I was not given ant other explanation. Why was it after my drug test I was denied a job. I feel that they didn't want to take a chance on a person with epilepsy.

48 months ago

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I too finished school for Pharmacy Technician. I also became certified. I have found through experience that retailers don not care about certification or schooling. They want hands on experience. Now, to answer your question, I would not work for Rite Aide. Not only did Rite Aide discriminate against me (I know it's hard to prove), but I went through all the hiring process, took my drug test,and was expecting a call to confirm a prescription. I take anti-seizure medication, including clonazepam, which is a controlled substance,as you know. So, I figured someone would call me to confirm the script. However no call was received. After a few days I called Rite Aide and I was assured I was on the new hire list, and would be notified when I would get my schedule. After about a week I called again. This time I was told again I was on the new hire list and not to call back again! So I sent an e-mail to the District Pharmacy Manager. He replied, as followed, this is the actual letter..
Scott,

During your hiring process several individuals had concerns and all agreed that you would not be a fit for the position we had available. I am sorry but there is no longer a position for you at this time.

Thank you
Joe
Now, I was not given ant other explanation. Why was it after my drug test I was denied a job. I feel that they didn't want to take a chance on a person with epilepsy.

So, why make me go through all that, including having the company pay for a drug test, I have a very clean background, never been in trouble with the law at ALL.
I have also heard from a lot of people that have worked for Rite Aide and had nothing, but bad things to say about the place.
I am now happily employed at Target! I have heard that Walgreens is a great place to work.
I hope I have helped in some way. And good luck in your job search!

Corinnacpht in Washington, District of Columbia

48 months ago

Its definitely hard to work effectively wi th the out of date equipment. I've been struggling with this problem with rite aid for a few years now and its caused me to quit pharmacy and move into front end management. Inaccurate cycle counts are always a cause for a dispute between customer and technician especially when things are busy and going can't afford to run around the pharmacy for every prescription dropped off. It takes an especially strong and disciplined individual to make it.

StableTech in Merced, California

47 months ago

I love how everyone complains about working here. I have friends that work in hospitals and other retails and guess what, not an better. This isn't a job for someone with thin skin. You have to remember, the people you deal with day in and day out are not the best of people. Many people, but not all, have something wrong with them and that is why they are at the pharmacy. Most people that are sick or in pain are not in a good mood. And as for the corporate issue, I guess no one here has ever worked for a corporation. Corporations are always out for money, that is what they do. I have worked at other fields other than pharmacy and i can tell you corporations every where are the same, money money money and do the same amount of work for less money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Skip in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Not working at a Rite aid store with a union, I was just wondering how much more they make vs non union.

the queen in Covington, Georgia

44 months ago

I work in the pharmacy at rite aid and i went to school for pharmacy tech even though my grade point average is 3.8 gpa . They started me off at 7.25 an hour.I was so mad even though I had cashier experience. Rite Aid dont care aout there employees.They keep promising you ,"I will give you a raise once you become cerifed".Therfore half of the people at rite aid isnt cerfied and they making top dollar morely likely they ask me to do the math LOL LOL LOL LOL???????????????????????? I dont understand how they past the the test????????????????? dont work for rite aid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Montclair, California

44 months ago

3.8 gpa...that must have been math cuz u can't spell for sh*t...lol use the spell check!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

No Future in Rite aid in Portland, Oregon

43 months ago

itsme in Pittsboro, North Carolina said: I used to work for rite aid and let me tell you it is a horrible place to work for, as a pharmacy tech they treat you like crap they give you crappy money and put a ton of pressure on you to perform. Now i work for a Hospital and even though is much better I am looking to go back to school. the most you can ever make as a ph tech is 37k a year right now i make 28k which is pretty crappy money but much better than the 20k that i usead to make at rite aid lol

I agree i have been working for rite for over two years and i wondering when ill ever get my phantom "raise" I had my anniversary 2 months ago and got a surprise 20 cent raise! wtf?!? so i currently make 10.20 and hour and ill probably never get anything over 12. I love the people i work with but on a corporate run level this company sucks. Im tired of being jacked around and am trying to find a better paying job and im going back to school. There's no future in rite aid. Wish it could be different.

No Future in Rite aid in Portland, Oregon

43 months ago

tigerkr1 in Upper Sandusky, Ohio said: Okay so now I've been working at Rite Aid for a month. And I was hired to take this one girl's place who was supposed to be moving to Texas. Well now the girl decided not to move. But she is part-time now as I was hired take her place. But when she works the same hours as me, she makes my life a living hell. Last nite, she gets behind me when I am looking for prescriptions for a customer and she just keeps pushing me. Then she starts burping as loud as she can. Now you tell me is this Professional?? Anything that goes wrong she is blaming me for. And it's okay for her to get on the phone and call her friends. I was told by one of the other techs that she is trying to get me to quit so she can have her hours back. This is just a little of what she is doing to me. I call this workplace harassment. Who could I report this too? And I forgot she is best friends with the manager.

Look into your employee handbook its tells you how to go about the process talk to the front end manager if you feel more comfortable.

PharmTech@RA in Natick, Massachusetts

43 months ago

If you work at Rite Aid, they now have their own little "certification program" that they use to get around giving you a raise or pay rate higher than a cashier's. Even if you are PTCB certified, you need to take a training class and complete an online competency exam, which is not available until a year after you start working there. Just watch out for that.

PharmTech@RA in Natick, Massachusetts

43 months ago

If you work at Rite Aid, they now have their own little "certification program" that they use to get around giving you a raise or pay rate higher than a cashier's. Even if you are PTCB certified, you need to take a training class and complete an online competency exam, which is not available until a year after you start working there. Just watch out for that.

hooch in La Mesa, California

43 months ago

I work at one of the rite aids in San Diego and got started off making $8.55 as a tech. I just got a dollar raise and I've only been working for a month. Plus, I get breaks, everyone is chill, and I get free Ice Cream :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

HA! you make 10.20/hr as a tech? try me, making 10.00 after threatening to leave, my district manager begging me to stay, and offers me, my now bullcrap job, as a shift supervisor.

Walgreens Tech in Sacramento, California

41 months ago

I don't know how wages work around the US with Rite Aid but I have a friend who is also a tech at Rite Aid and he was asked what he would like to be paid and they matched it. $19/hr. I have another friend who works at Rite Aid who makes ~$15/hr. Both are within the Sacramento area and both of them didn't have prior experience to working in a retail pharmacy. When they did their externship, they were both done at hospitals. I personally did my externship at Kaiser out patient and I believe Walgreens starts PTCB techs out at $15.75/hr because I initially put down $12/hr on the application. And those that are not PTCB certified starts off a couple of cents less than those that are (this statement is true from what I've talked about with other co-workers). So I'm guessing $15/hr? From what I have heard from other pharmacist that have worked at other retail pharmacy up and down California then transfer to Walgreens, Walgreens has the better system for RX processing.

Brian in Chino, California

41 months ago

I'm gonna have to call BS on that $19 wage. No way in hell r they paying that. From speaking with several friends and school colleagues all at different pharmacies the avg. starting rate for a pharm tech is $10-12 in CA. I think there is a ceiling also but not 100% sure. Heard it cuts off at $17.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aquarius in Douglassville, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Brian in Montclair, California said: 3.8 gpa...that must have been math cuz u can't spell for sh*t...lol use the spell check!

You're the one who can't spell. "Cuz" isn't a word. Next time you feel you need to correct someone for something so idiotic, read what you type. This isn't grammar school, it's a forum and no one is sitting around and checking to see whether or not they spelled correctly to please people like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ricktoffen in Chino, California

40 months ago

Aquarius in Douglassville, Pennsylvania said: You're the one who can't spell. "Cuz" isn't a word. Next time you feel you need to correct someone for something so idiotic, read what you type. This isn't grammar school, it's a forum and no one is sitting around and checking to see whether or not they spelled correctly to please people like you.

Sorry I used "cuz" I guess I was lazy & wanted to use short hand. Your spelling on the other hand is a train wreck. I didn't mean to make you angry I just thought it was hilarious that you pointed out a 3.8 GPA yet you spell like a 2nd grader with ADD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LOVESRITEAID

40 months ago

hooch in La Mesa, California said: I work at one of the rite aids in San Diego and got started off making $8.55 as a tech. I just got a dollar raise and I've only been working for a month. Plus, I get breaks, everyone is chill, and I get free Ice Cream :D

I agree, I just started as a pharmacy tech for rite aid, and i get 10.00/hr 14.50 OVERTIME...WHICH IS DECENT FOR SOUTH CAROLINA...and im not even certified yet...with 5months experience volunteering in a free clinic pharmacy...rite aid is AOK WITH ME!!! :)

40 months ago

ricktoffen in Chino, California said: Sorry I used "cuz" I guess I was lazy & wanted to use short hand. Your spelling on the other hand is a train wreck. I didn't mean to make you angry I just thought it was hilarious that you pointed out a 3.8 GPA yet you spell like a 2nd grader with ADD.

Nowhere on this forum have I mentioned that I have a 3.8 GPA...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brucegroh in Winchester, Virginia

40 months ago

I worked from 1972-80 as a pharmacy tech for a NYS Psy Center. My job was to take inventory, prepare written requests from nurses and doctors for medicine orders, working with tablets, pills, liquid suspensions. Transporting locked containers with such to out-patient clinics in the Bronx, and Queens areas. I also transported secured items to locations in such areas with NYS
officer. Perhaps I can work with such experience???

40 months ago

Well, still working at Target,And as always it has it's ups and downs. What sucks is that the Pharm Tech. job is was promised never happened. It seems as though I worked my-self into the a spot that I am real good at. Oh well. right now, I am just happy to have a job!!

40 months ago

I guess it really depends on where you work, who you work with, and the type of personality that you have. I personally think working as A Pharmacy Technician at RA is only good for the experience, especially if you are thinking about becoming a Pharmacist...and nothing more. You cannot make a living from this job. The amount of knowledge, work, and effort you need and put into this job should be starting you out in the mid teens to $20/hr. The benefits aren't that great either.

At the RA I work at...the teamwork isn't really there. The training is awful. Most of the Pharmacists that come in are making $80k+/yr...they text and QA all day and only help out when absolutely necessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

shahek88 in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

does anyone know if an independent pharmacy pays more in los angeles than a retail pharmacy? i would prefer working at a neighborhood pharmacy rather than a retail place..can anyone offer any insights or experiences?

mista_Mass in Peabody, Massachusetts

37 months ago

itsme in Pittsboro, North Carolina said: I used to work for rite aid and let me tell you it is a horrible place to work for, as a pharmacy tech they treat you like crap they give you crappy money and put a ton of pressure on you to perform. Now i work for a Hospital and even though is much better I am looking to go back to school. the most you can ever make as a ph tech is 37k a year right now i make 28k which is pretty crappy money but much better than the 20k that i usead to make at rite aid lol

This was my first and last Pharmacy Tech job in Retail.Started at Rite Aid yesterday and with no training , constant pressure and me being the only tech on staff on my first day,(what a joke)I left. My goal is to work in a hospital setting , but being certified without a job left me with no option. Sorry but not even the crappy $10.50 at 20 hours a week will make me take that much abuse..hospital is the way to go as a pharmacy technician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MCP in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

I totally agree with verinica in Pittsburgh the company doesn't matter if you don't like working in a pharmacy then get out and go find another job that you do love and appreciate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MCP in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

I totally agree with Veronica in Pittsburgh, the company doesn't matter, if you don't like working in a pharmacy then get out of there and go find another job that you do love and appreciate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

I suggest that unless you need experience, or are interested in becoming a Pharmacist, do not work as a technician at Rite Aid. The pay is so bad...you're barely making any more than someone on SSI or welfare, plus the abuse and amount of things you have to do and know...I'd say this is the worst retail and medical related job you can possibly ever have...after a year and a half of hard work, the only benefit I've ever gotten was a whopping .26 raise...there are no rewards, bonuses, perks, NADA! It all goes towards the pharmacist. Our chief technician has been here for 5 years and knows everything inside and out and she is barely making over 10 an hour. And the way the economy is, I'd be lucky to find anything better...ok, Enough of my rant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Niecey in Saint Marys, Georgia

30 months ago

broken in Mobile, Alabama said: I would not advise anyone to work for any rite-aid, I have been a technician for over 10 years, I have been at rite aid for over 1 year and I was required to take a rite aid tech class in order to become rite aid ceritified only to find out that I would not be getting a raise. The company was very misleading. And when I discussed the matter with the PDM he had the attitude of "who cares, I get applications every day for your position"

Wow its funny you say that I worked for them in GA for about four years. I was a one man band doing it all. I got paid $10 an hour and got 16 cents after a year. I was nationally certified and state certified and was unappreciated. I also took the class they never reimbursed me for gas and they didn't give me the $2 raise they promised. Our PDM kept changing no one could handle the position. They are full of it. I miss my employees, customers, and pharmacists but I couldn't stand the company itself and I don't miss the wellness card and other gimmicks they had trying to compete with other retailers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay5346 in Watsonville, California

30 months ago

That is BS!. I went for an interview today at a Walgreens and asked them what the starting salary for a licensed technician was. They told me that everybody started at $12.50 regardless of your education.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.