Requirements to take pharm tech exam/certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

HK doody in Austin, Texas

8 months ago

Hi All,

i am new to this forum, I have checked ptcb website however I couldn't find the requirements to sit for an exam. I am a licensed Pharmacist already back in my home country and have not practice my field for almost 10yrs now that is why i will try my luck to pass pharm tech first then get an experience prior taking state board exam.

If anyone can tell the requirements please.

Thank you in advance. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

8 months ago

From www.ptcb.org/get-certified/apply#.UstlKbTNk9E

Apply for Certification
Eligibility

To achieve PTCB Certification, candidates must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:

High school diploma or equivalent educational diploma (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma).
Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions.
Compliance with all applicable PTCB Certification policies.
Passing score on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).

A candidate may be disqualified for PTCB Certification upon the disclosure or discovery of:

Criminal conduct involving the candidate;
State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure action involving the candidate;
Violation of a PTCB Certification policy, including but not limited to the Code of Conduct.

PTCB reserves the right to investigate criminal background, verify candidate eligibility and deny certification to any individual.

Once certified, CPhTs must report any felony conviction, drug or pharmacy-related violations, or State Board of Pharmacy action taken against their license or registration at the occurrence and at the time of recertification, to PTCB for review. Disqualification determinations are made on a case-by-case basis.

Apply
Candidates apply for certification online. The cost to apply for certification and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) is $129. Candidates and CPhTs who misrepresent their eligibility, or violate PTCB's policies, may be subject to discipline. Candidates who successfully apply will be authorized to schedule an exam appointment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.