WA state approved pharm tech???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Jinx687 in Kennewick, Washington

40 months ago

Hey I just quit my job at WALMART (never ever ever work there, I tried getting my foot in the door at the pharmacy and I was in as a cashier for almost a year and they pulled the rug out from under me, so I couldn't work up to bein a tech) and apparently to be a pharmacy tech in Washington it has to be a WASHINGTON STATE APPROVED PROGRAM. I was hoping to do it online since washington has maybe 3 schools for pharmacy, (none close to me). I have researched it, most online programs are inexpensive, but which ones are approved by Washington State Board of Pharmacy??????? Please help, I want to continue my education and get that certificate/degree before I apply to any job. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

a in Vancouver, Washington

39 months ago

www.pharmacytechnicianhq.com/pharm-tech-schools-by-state/washington/

I am actually a tech in OR and looking to get certified in WA...doesn't look like they make it easy. I found this website right after reading your post. It says WA doesn't allow online programs but it does give a list of approved programs, hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in West Richland, Washington

39 months ago

Thank you for that info, I had known that but thank you. I am attempting to just get some of the credits anyways. Unfortunately none of those schools are in my area. If you do get your WA tech license you have to take the HIV/AIDS four hour course and honestly, if u write notes, its pretty easy. Washington board of pharmacy has different options on that website. Just for your info. Thanks again and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shrimathi ravikumar in Sulphur, Louisiana

11 months ago

Is it possible to read for PTCB exam on yoour own and complete the approved training course for PT and 4 hours AIDS training without joining any program in Universities. do the hospitals provide these programs for normal people without the aid of universities?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.