Walmart* Pharmacy Technicians Gather Here

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (38)

she she

57 months ago

Hello I was just hired at walmart as a pharm tech. I am not certified but I have completed a course. What should I expect at walmart?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

she she

57 months ago

Hello I was just hired at walmart as a pharm tech. I am not certified but I have completed a course. What should I expect at walmart?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

57 months ago

she she said: Hello I was just hired at walmart as a pharm tech. I am not certified but I have completed a course. What should I expect at walmart?

If you are not PTCB certified, you will not be ablet to get your State Board licensure. Are you a tech or a tech trainee. Depending on the state you live in you generally need the above to be a technician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jauteberry in Monticello, Illinois

56 months ago

does all of walmart stores make their technicians take the certification test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

56 months ago

Right now it depends on the rules in your state. If you go to www.ptcb.org, you will find a map which shows the states that require PTCB certification. I read an article about a year ago stating that by 2012 all technician will have to be bot PTCB certified and licensed by their State Board of Pharmacy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

56 months ago

What do you think about the new Central Fill? Do you think it will take away any of our hours? What do you think are the advantages/disadvantages?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

she she

56 months ago

What is the central fill? I'm not sure if that's rolledout everywhere because I haven't heard of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

56 months ago

Any script that is for TOMORROW, up to dropoffs till 7pm, will be filled for pickup after 1:00pm the next day. it will filled overnight at a central filling facility and delivered with McKesson & warehouse order the next morning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dre in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

she she said: What is the central fill? I'm not sure if that's rolledout everywhere because I haven't heard of it.

I work at central fill. The first and so far only one opened up in Texas, so it hasn't happened everywhere yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

AC1990 in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

Dre in Houston, Texas said: I work at central fill. The first and so far only one opened up in Texas, so it hasn't happened everywhere yet

I didn't know there was a central fill in Texas. Where is it located? I've almost finished my certification course work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

drugexperts in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

We are a start-up company dedicated to provided safer approach to medicine. We are looking for motivated pharmacy technician. Non-retail environment. The right candidate may work from home (Provided the candidate has internet and phone connection).

- Will be responsible for calling patients and entering the drug names, dosage and disease state in the computer system.

- Will be responsible for calling physician office to collect patient records and entering them into the computer system.

- Administrative duties as necessary.

- Billingual (Spanish/English) preferred.

- Ability to create marketing materials in english/spanish languages

- Good command in written and spoken english a must.

- Excellent communication and customer service skills must.

The job is going to be a contract to start and may be converted to employee later.

Please email a word copy of your resume including your salary requirement to drugexperts@gmail.com

Phone calls and postal mails are not entertained.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dre in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

AC1990 in Houston, Texas said: I didn't know there was a central fill in Texas. Where is it located? I've almost finished my certification course work.

It is located in spring Texas. That's in the Houston area! I love working at central fill :) yeah it's the first one walmart has had. We are changing things every day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gsjames in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Dre in Houston, Texas said: It is located in spring Texas. That's in the Houston area! I love working at central fill :) yeah it's the first one walmart has had. We are changing things every day!

I work for walmart pharmacy on the store side. I would like to transition to the central fill facility. Can you provide any help or resources to assist me, the wire is not much help....thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dre in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

gsjames in Dallas, Texas said: I work for walmart pharmacy on the store side. I would like to transition to the central fill facility. Can you provide any help or resources to assist me, the wire is not much help....thx

Yes the wire won't help at all I don't think. I got the job here just by applying to walmarts near spring. I filled out the online application and what they did was pull my application from the store side and called me up to schedule an interview. Right now we are hiring a lot because we are growing very fast and we are starting a second shift. I would either apply for a technician position for walmarts in spring Texas by filling out the walmart .com application. The only other way is to get a paper application from your store and bringing it to our facility. I can get you the address if you want (but I see you live in Dallas!!!!) just let me know if you need it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dre in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

So for everyone on the store side: how has central fill affected you guys? Positively or negatively? It would be cool to hear how my job affects yours everyday!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dre

52 months ago

Dre in Houston, Texas said: Yes the wire won't help at all I don't think. I got the job here just by applying to walmarts near spring. I filled out the online application and what they did was pull my application from the store side and called me up to schedule an interview. Right now we are hiring a lot because we are growing very fast and we are starting a second shift. I would either apply for a technician position for walmarts in spring Texas by filling out the walmart .com application. The only other way is to get a paper application from your store and bringing it to our facility. I can get you the address if you want (but I see you live in Dallas!!!!) just let me know if you need it

Hey I talked to personell and got some specific information on how to transfer. If u are stroll interested email me at carpentera766@gmail.com and I will give u the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

icyblueflame in Zachary, Louisiana

50 months ago

Dre in Houston, Texas said: So for everyone on the store side: how has central fill affected you guys? Positively or negatively? It would be cool to hear how my job affects yours everyday!!

Walgreens started this program in 2009. In August of 2009 Collier County in Florida cut 63 Pharmacy Technician Jobs. In other news articles I found where Pharmacist jobs as well were cut. Walgreens Central fill program was for Arizona and Florida customers. So, I'm glad you're having fun at your new job....we will probably be sending out resumes soon.

Dre in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

icyblueflame in Zachary, Louisiana said: Walgreens started this program in 2009. In August of 2009 Collier County in Florida cut 63 Pharmacy Technician Jobs. In other news articles I found where Pharmacist jobs as well were cut. Walgreens Central fill program was for Arizona and Florida customers. So, I'm glad you're having fun at your new job....we will probably be sending out resumes soon.

Awesome! I'm glad you spent time actually writing that all out. Lol no need to be negative. I worked for walgreens before this. It wasn't my favorite place to work, but I am thankful that I had a place to work and that when I left I found another place to work. Hopefully walmart does not do the same think to it's associates that walgreens did. walgreens was not a great company in my opinion and I left because I saw them letting go of people left and right and not giving me the ability to transfer when I was moving. It was very difficult to hear that after all my hard work, they could not keep me on their team.
So I don't know much about walgreens central fill, but I think walmart central fill is doing a lot to help our stores. We do a lot of hard work every day.
I sincerely hope that walgreens does not do that to you and that you don't have to be sending out your resume soon. I am sorry to hear that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

50 months ago

Just got off the phone with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy. Walmart is telling me to renew early due to a system upgrade that will shut down renewals for 3 weeks. The Board says I can't renew till April 1st. My registration expires May 31st. Anyhow, the board basically told me I am S.O.L. if their upgrade (which by the way is delayed being started)is not completed by the time I have to renew. Walmart will not let me work if I am not registered by my expiration date. This is totally unfair as it is not in my control.

What do you think about this?

Dre in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

I would say that that really has nothing to do with central fill and how my job is affecting you so really what do u want me to say about that. That definitely is not my problem. So, in saying that, since nobody actually had anything to say about walmart central fill (at all), I will no longer be posting here. People's rudeness really surprises me. It was funny to me because it's a waste of my time to read something that has nothing to do with the question I asked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

50 months ago

Dre in Houston, Texas said: I would say that that really has nothing to do with central fill and how my job is affecting you so really what do u want me to say about that. That definitely is not my problem. So, in saying that, since nobody actually had anything to say about walmart central fill (at all), I will no longer be posting here. People's rudeness really surprises me. It was funny to me because it's a waste of my time to read something that has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Dre, I was not trying to be rude to you. I started this thread as a place for Walmart technicians to get together and help each other out. Also as a sounding board. It is not just about central fill, which by the was is an awesome thing that Walmart has done for their pharmacies.

The comment I made about the State Board is my way of venting and perhaps it will make other technicians here in TX aware of the problem with the renewal process right now.

So, if you still have a problem with that, I'm sorry.

Keep up the good work at Central FIll and have a pleasant day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

gsjames in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

Thank you for the information on the delay in renewals with the state board. We should all pass this information on to our fellow technicians or anyone that may be affected and be proactive in helping everyone keep their job....

dgonzales in Lafayette, Louisiana

50 months ago

I work for walmart an will be moving to the houston area within a month. Just wondering how do I get a job at The central fill.

married 2006 in Conroe, Texas

46 months ago

I currently work for central fill and all you have to do is look it up on google under wal-mart central fill and go to the facility and apply...If you are working for wal-mart already then u just call them and transfer!! Good luck hope to see some of you guys soon.

tlb5859 in Texas

46 months ago

How are y'all doing on your Connexus input CBL's?

pyt903 in Palestine, Texas

36 months ago

im a tech for walmart since 2005. My question is does central fill get monotonous? Like is it boring after awhile since you dont get to interact with customers? and im curently making $16.00 how's the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Minh in Oakland, California

36 months ago

Is it easy to find a job at Walmart as a new grad?

ravenloo in Batavia, Ohio

34 months ago

How much does a pharmacy tech start out at
Wal-Mart? Just turned job down from Cvs , they
Only wanted to pay 8:40 an hr , then $9 once certifiefd
I'm in Ohio,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dream2real

33 months ago

I've been working at CVS for approximately two months making $10 hr. 12 hours a week.please tell me walmart offers better pay & hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ravenloo in Batavia, Ohio

33 months ago

Anyone work as a non - certified tech at a Walmart in Ohio? If so what is pay?
If no answers , I'll post after I find out in interview.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shona in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

33 months ago

Dream2real said: I've been working at CVS for approximately two months making $10 hr . 12 hours a week.please tell me walmart offers better pay & hours.

It depends on the store. I'm working full time (40hrs a week) @ 12.80/hr

ravenloo in Cincinnati, Ohio

33 months ago

iravenloo I started at $9.00 an hr with excellent benefits and $1.00 raise in 90 days.
Closed major holidays & get paid for them!
It depends on area & exp, even store .
CVS offered me $8.40 w/ no benefits .
Pharmacy techs get paid more as experience is increased

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ravenloo in Cincinnati, Ohio

33 months ago

Full time hrs guaranteed at walmart

DQue in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

ravenloo in Batavia, Ohio said: Anyone work as a non - certified tech at a Walmart in Ohio? If so what is pay?
If no answers , I'll post after I find out in interview.....

Im not in Ohio but I work as a non certified tech at walmart in Texas and originally i made $8.60 now i make $9.10 after my one year anniversary

MS. D-B in Tomball, Texas

33 months ago

IVE APPLIED FOR A POSITION AT THE CENTRAL FILL LOCATION IN SPRING. DOES WALMART ONLY HIRE WITHIN THE COMPANY? FOR THOSE TECHNICIANS WHO HAVE BEEN HIRED HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET HIRED? IS IT BEST TO GO TO THE ACTUAL LOCATION INSTEAD OF DOIN THE APPLICATION ON LINE? JUST WONDERING...THANKS IN ADVANCE IF ANYONE KNOWS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gamnguyen99 in Fort Worth, Texas

12 months ago

tlb5859 in Texas said: If you are not PTCB certified, you will not be ablet to get your State Board licensure. Are you a tech or a tech trainee. Depending on the state you live in you generally need the above to be a technician.

last years,I,am finish learn in class pharmacy technician training. Current, we have pharmacy technician training, Texas state board of pharmacy.We application jobs pharmacy in Walmart accept go to work or work for free for 6 weeks and trainee.we need take test get Certified pharmacy technician .thanks you.

gamnguyen99 in Fort Worth, Texas

12 months ago

[QUOTE

"gamnguyen99 in Fort Worth, Texas"]last years,I,am finish learn in class pharmacy technician training. Current, we have pharmacy technician training, Texas state board of pharmacy.We application jobs pharmacy in Walmart accept go to work or work for free for 6 weeks and trainee.we need take test get Certified pharmacy technician .thanks you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kmccleanhaynes in Atlanta, Georgia

12 months ago

ravenloo in Batavia, Ohio said: How much does a pharmacy tech start out at
Wal-Mart? Just turned job down from Cvs , they
Only wanted to pay 8:40 an hr , then $9 once certifiefd
I'm in Ohio,

Hi,
I a new pharmacy tech just started at Wal-Mart for the weekend shift. I'm not yet certified but I am registered with my state (GA). Wal-Mart started me off with $9. Of course it will go up after I get my certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.