Why I regret becoming a Pharmacy Technician, and you will too!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Legit Broth in Stephenville, Texas

6 months ago

I went to a voc school for about 10 months. I learned over 350 drugs, more med terms than a nurse probably knows, pharmacology, laws, and so much more. Our instructor wanted to make us the best tech's out there so he made sure we knew mountains more than was required. We even got very many other certifications that are universal for many health trades, we went far more than an extra mile to knows more than enough. I even passed the exam with a near perfect score. And soon after became registered in the state of Texas.

Now, the reckoning. I have been searching for a job for 8 months. I have 4 years of retail work experience, and an OUTSTANDING resume. But apparently that's not good enough. I have applied in every pharmacy in a 50 mile radius and nothing. Not even a single phone call. Checked on all resumes every week, "pending". I seen new techs at all of these places though, young pretty girls; and of course "Pharmacy Technician Trainee's".

Long story short, if you want to be a Pharmacy Tech. DO NOT get certified (they will pay for your books and exam if they can get away with paying you Trainee wages), first get the job as a trainee. Be a female, preferably attractive. And knowing how to speak Spanish will also override the first two, so I have heard. If you dont match any of these 3 requirements, find a new career/job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Legit Broth in Stephenville, Texas

6 months ago

Also, I will not be renewing my license. If it takes 2 years and still haven't gotten a job in it, then its obviously not worth the hassle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.