"Why you don't want to start off your pharmacy technican experience at CVS/Pharmacy"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 79 of 79)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

hunter in Scottsdale, Arizona

34 months ago

CVS has the worst human resources employees ever!!! i called to ask if they could do anything for a damaged check and the first thing this guy asks for is my employee number and FULL social security number, before I can even get a word in. as soon as i say that last digit in my social security number he hangs up on me!!! i call back and ask if i should be worried about that and a lady ignores my questions and just starts asking for my employee 7 digit number and LAST 4 social security numbers. i tell her LAST4 and she continually kept asking me question and when i didn't hear one and asked her to repeat it. she starts rudely yelling each word every 5 seconded like i wasn't comprehensible. after giving her 5 minutes worth of information she says she will call me back to see if i can get a new check(I assume). she then angrily and rudely asks if she can help with anything else so i ask if i should be worried about my full social security being handed out and she claimed that i had never previously called (according to her records) and said have a nice day and hung up. My phone showed that I called the exact same h&r number minutes before. i would have blown up on her if i knew i was done with this paycheck complicated compensation. I’ve never dealt with such a rude person in my life. Its almost like they want to make calling in not even worth the compensation despite me and everyone else calling is the only reason they have job. This lady was giving the exact opposite of what is expected from CVS employees on all levels. As soon as I go into work tomorrow I am quitting . I NEVER WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT KIND OF MANTALITY EVER AGAIN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pankeo in Selma, California

32 months ago

I have worked at 3 different locations.

First Location: After 3 days working as a pharm tech, I was getting bullied, insulted in front of co-workers, and singled-out by a clique of pharmacists and pharm techs. Plus, I was not trained very well, if not at all. I stood up to the main person who was doing most of the bad stuff and then reported all the incidents to the store manager. After that, for 3 days the guy left me alone, but then the rest of the clique basically picked up where they left off all because I stood up to their friend. After 2 weeks I already thought about transferring. They were just looking for the perfect opportunity to get rid of me, and unfortunately that opportunity came to them when I made a big mistake. The pharmacist basically told me to take a hike, but then that evening one of the clique members texted me to come to work the next day. I professionally told her off, then reported everything to the Pharmacy Tech Trainer and Pharmacy District Manager. Apparently the pharmacist was reprimanded for the way he handled things, because the Pharmacy District Manager was wanting me to still work there. No thanks buddy.

Second Location: Staff is very pleasant, accommodating, and helpful. The only bad experience I had there was when one of the pharmacists wrongfully blamed me for a lady getting another person's medication, when it was actually her (the pharmacist's) fault.

Third Location: Staff loves to gossip, they're kind of fun to be around, but some of the techs liked to blame me for stuff I never did, which was my number one pet peeve. They were playing games, so I learned to play games too: whenever I caught them doing a mistake, I called them out on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen V. in Stafford, Virginia

29 months ago

brown_dude34 in Hyde Park, Massachusetts said: Personally, I have never read a post regarding working at CVS /Pharmacy as a positive experience.

I like working at CVS pharmacy. My pharmacist is polite, and listens to me--the higher-ups overwork us, but I like the fast pace, and I enjoy the interaction with people. I like the schedule in retail, and I'm getting a lot of good experience. The job leaves me enough time to continue with my writing, and it's interesting. Maybe 'cuz I work in Virginia, and we're nicer in Virginia? I have no idea. But I was surprised by your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

diephantom in Fullerton, California

29 months ago

omg! i thought i was the only one with this problem i am so thankful for you guys. I just started working at cvs in may of this year (2012) now i have what like 3 months working here & i still feel like i havent advanced i mean at first it was exciting that i was finally employed and what not but now its totally not how it seemed at first sure they have these online courses and on the job training at different stores but how they expect us to remember that or get used to it if we can't even do it on our homestore?! And how i believe someone already mentioned the only thing they have put me to since i got here is pick up & that is it. From time to time production & drop off (but since im not much trained for all this insurance & claims & whatnot I often find myself being stuck & if i ask for help the PIC just replaces me with another tech with more experience & has obviously been there long enough . . . so how am i supposed to learn? -_-) Also like i just read above on one comment the coworkers are not all that friendly esp one in particular that is really getting on my nerves! I mean for every little thing i do she has something to say and once in awhile if not all the time i can hear her gossip about me and suddenly i am the center of attn/amusement and everyone starts to laugh and whatnot she/they think i cannot hear them but i hear everything that they are saying about me sometimes i ignore them but sometimes it is very difficult & just yesterday I made a bad mistake that yes I admit i should of been more attentive but unfortunately i wasn't at the moment . . . anyway so this particular girl notices and then she starts telling the pharmacists & then i hear them all laughing then the pharmacist does not tell me anything but he is giving me this look as if to say give up already you're stupid & incompetent or something like that honestly it is stressful & of course like its been mentioned before the customers don't make it any easier so my question is how do they

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

expect us to learn or advance if they do not give us such opportunity or take the time to teach us? I really need answers and sad to say LOTS OF HELP!!! D: If someone could please help me I would really much appreciate it

29 months ago

i most def. do not recommend in becoming a pharmacy tech. & @ worthless servant I feel exactly like that isn't that just depressing? like really you would think that they would be more professional like but no they are worse than when i worked at a restaurant not as professional but the workers well much more behaved and willing to help each other out & respected each other & everyone was part of the team here you are only part of the team if you are good & at a fast moving pacing or in other words have experience therefore i'm not even taken into consideration everyone talks to each other except me I am always left alone at the pick up register or wherever i might be unless someone realizes that I am there and want me to do something for them (minor things really) I try my best to catch up but honestly I feel that no matter how hard i try nothing will change. They see me as a pest >:/ I am getting really annoyed do you know what i should do so that they notice me & to show them that I am not stupid how they think i am? or should i just find a different job and quit? idk I need your advice

Mist in Harleysville, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

So glad I found this. I'm currently on the fence about quitting my job at a CVS Pharmacy, but I've only been there two months. I'm "training" to be a Pharmacy Tech. At first I thought the training was helpful. Customer service and how the computer system works, etc. That was until I actually started working. They barely skim the surface of how to use their computer system. They say nothing about how each insurance is different and a pain in the butt to get to work, all while the customer is tapping their toe at you taking a while (not your fault! Adding a third party is very complicated!) and your Pharmacist is sighing and telling a more experienced person to take over for you. If you start at a fast paced store like I did, then be prepared for times when you just want to cry. Your pharmacist will be putting you in positions you've barely trained at, like at production, and expecting you to fly through like all of the other experienced employees. There is no way that I can know all couple hundred medications, the generic name, and where they are in my fast vs slow organized store. But my pharmacist and fellow coworkers are tired of telling me where they are. SO I look it up in a huge book instead and wander around desperately trying to find it as quickly as possible because we now have 12 freaking pages of production and 5 waiters. Oh and the phone is ringing, so I better answer that too cause everyone else is just as busy, but they're actually getting somewhere cause THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. Once it finally calms down I get told off by my pharmacists cause I apparently made the whole busy situation worse by not being fast enough. I was mentally writing my two weeks notice then. But seriously, how can I learn the medications when I am only put on production about once a week for 2 hours??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

In summary, just know what you're getting yourself into. I sure didn't. Your coworkers will help you in the beginning, but once it gets busy you can only talk to the pharmacist. Who may be okay with helping you when it's slow, but once it's busy you better not have any questions and get everything done, quickly quickly quickly. And perfectly. Make any mistakes and you get told off for it in a very rude manner. I've been called a moron and handicapped just in the past two days. Sarcasm abound and forget about getting any patience from the Pharmacist. It's an intriguing job that I loved learning, but I have a lot to learn and they don't care, so I'm looking for a new job. No one deserves that abuse when they're only failing due to a lack of training.

29 months ago

Oh and I make 8 an hour with a raise in about 3 months. Of 25 cents. And then another 25 cents in a year. With all the online training (like, 40 hours of it) and so much experience that is needed for this job, you'd think they'd try enticing people to stay on with such a stressful job by paying them more. I asked for more in my interview and they said that it simply "wasn't possible." I shrugged it off because hey, 8 is pretty good, better than... nothing. But they'd help themselves as a company if they lessened the high turn over rate in the pharmacy by paying people more to stay!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdenhil in Odessa, Texas

25 months ago

tina in Houston, Texas said: Those are my exact words and feelings toward being a pharmacy technician. It is not even worth being certified for all I care because it doesn't hold any meaning to it at all just because you look profesional the environment is not merely as comfortable as it seems due to verbal abuse from customers, coworkers and Pharmacists. The large amount of stress from work itself discourages most pharmacy techs to give upn and leave because the pay is way too low. It draws us to make more careless mistakes and be short handed at all the times; thus we describe this as "just a job " and think "is it time to go home yet?". There is no passion in this so-called a "career" as I say we are not treated with respect. I wonder what the pharmacy would be like if there was no pharmacy technicians as part of the team and it would just be the Pharmacists by themselves, but I plan to move on and never to look back or reconsider to work as a pharmacy technician ever again.

If you have an ABO, will CVS hire you? because all I want to do is get experience and move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sdenhil in Odessa, Texas

25 months ago

If you have an Agreed Board Order will CVS hire you? I just want to get experience so I can put up with the crap long enough to get in the door. appreciate any information from anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Serena in Gladewater, Texas

23 months ago

Can anyone tell me please .. If i just training in CVS/pharmacy do I have to pay anything?? And I already did
The fingerprint ..can I just go apply for traning ?. But wonder do I have to pay them ?..

WanderingWraith in San Antonio, Texas

22 months ago

Mist in Harleysville, Pennsylvania said: In summary, just know what you're getting yourself into. I sure didn't. Your coworkers will help you in the beginning, but once it gets busy you can only talk to the pharmacist. Who may be okay with helping you when it's slow, but once it's busy you better not have any questions and get everything done, quickly quickly quickly. And perfectly. Make any mistakes and you get told off for it in a very rude manner. I've been called a moron and handicapped just in the past two days. Sarcasm abound and forget about getting any patience from the Pharmacist. It's an intriguing job that I loved learning, but I have a lot to learn and they don't care, so I'm looking for a new job. No one deserves that abuse when they're only failing due to a lack of training.

Hello Mist, I know exactly what you were going through. I just started my internship at Walgreens 4 days ago and already, the pharmacist and lead techs are expecting me to fly through production like the pros that they are. I did computer training for 2 and a half days, then I was thrown to the filling station with only a brief walkthrough of the store by the pharmacist and then it was suuper busy so there were like 30 pages of scripts to fill and no other filler there besides me! It was, technically, my first day in the filling station! Of course, I am going to make errors and yet the pharmacist is getting all frustrated and impatient with me. She's yelling in one of my ears and the lead tech is yelling into my other. I'm running around the store, trying to find every medication and have it filled within a minute because god forbid, it's my first effin day filling and if I'm short of perfect, I'm incompetent. I do not believe that they properly trained or prepared me for what they had me doing yesterday. I know how you felt. I'm sure I will get it down but golly, is it stressful.

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina

16 months ago

I don't know that my experience at CVS is as bad as some here, but I do have my complaints.
I got my certification in January (2013) & got a job the following March, so I was pretty excited to get some practical experience so soon after completing my class. I had to wait to actually start working because of the winter storm that hit the NE so the CVS home office was shut down.
I'm also working another part-time job as well, so my training and work schedule was a little problematic, but not impossible.
The real problems came about when it was time for me to put the training in to practical application, because there would be such a lag between class and when I'd be able to do my OJT. As a result, I do not do inventory or drop-off. Ever. I can guarantee that when I walk in to work the next day I'll start off at pick-up, and after a while I'll be at drive-thru. Occasionally I'll work production. And while the training is very helpful, there is a tremendous amount of information that you are not given; lots of situations that are not discussed.
I was told at my interview that I would not be "thrown to the wolves" on my first day. While I believe my PTL was being truthful about that, the reality has been the total opposite.
New PT's need to shadow someone at each station for at least a week, but CVS is too cheap to put that in to their scheduling budget.
I'm merely putting in my time right now until I can find something FT, either a hospital or LTC.

cuffeeee93@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Despite, what I've read about the pharmacy tech training and job, I am still interested in working for CVS._ addie Harris.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jamescbbrooks in Kansas City, Missouri

16 months ago

I didn’t know much about the pharmacy industry fellowship programs till I came in touch with the site [url=www.pharmacyfellowships.com]pharmaceutical industry fellowship programs[/url] wherein I had loads of information to access. It really helped me a lot in doing things the right in this field. Thanks to the rich resources and competent people out there who helped me lot and guided to me that landed a right opening in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamescbbrooks in Kansas City, Missouri

16 months ago

I didn’t know much about the pharmacy industry fellowship programs till I came in touch with the site – Pharmacyfellowship.com wherein I had loads of information to access. It really helped me a lot in doing things the right in this field. Thanks to the rich resources and competent people out there who helped me lot and guided to me that landed a right opening in this field.
<a href="www.pharmacyfellowships.com">pharmacy industry fellowship programs</a>

tenkeydummy thinkshesgreat in WINNIPED, American Samoa

12 months ago

THERE IS A COMPANY BASED IN WOODSTOCK,GA WHO PROVIDES PHARMACEUTICAL INVENTORY SERVICES TO MOSTLY INPATIENT PHARMACIES, A FEW OP/RETAIL PHARMACIES FROM TIME TO TIME AND ARE BEING ACQUIRED MORE EACH MONTH. THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO ANYONE REQUESTING IT THROUGHOUT UNITED STATES AND CERTAIN TERRITORIES. THIS IS AN ON THE ROAD JOB AND TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS ARE PROVIDED WHILE YOU JUST SHOW UP TO WORK AND MAKE YOU SALARY. THERE IS ALSO A PER DIEM FOR EVERYDAY YOU ARE SENT OUT ON THE ROAD. I'M NOT GOING TO PAINT A PRETTY PICTURE AND MISLEAD YOU THAT THE WORK CONDITIONS ARE IDEAL, BUT THE MAIN CONTRIBUTOR OF THAT IS THE MAKE UP OF THE PERSONNEL THAT HAVE BEEN BROUGHT ON LATELY. IF WE CAN GET SOME OF YOU TECHS OR PERSONS WITH RELATIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE DOOR PERHAPS WE CAN GET BACK ON THE RIGHT PATH AGAIN. PLEASE LOOK IT UP....

tenkeydummy thinkshesgreat in WINNIPED, American Samoa

12 months ago

THERE IS A COMPANY BASED IN WOODSTOCK,GA WHO PROVIDES PHARMACEUTICAL INVENTORY SERVICES TO MOSTLY INPATIENT PHARMACIES, A FEW OP/RETAIL PHARMACIES FROM TIME TO TIME AND ARE BEING ACQUIRED MORE EACH MONTH. THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO ANYONE REQUESTING IT THROUGHOUT UNITED STATES AND CERTAIN TERRITORIES. THIS IS AN ON THE ROAD JOB AND TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS ARE PROVIDED WHILE YOU JUST SHOW UP TO WORK

4mul8or in San Diego, California

12 months ago

There are several such companies scattered throughout the U.S.. One needs only perform an Internet search for Pharmacy Inventory Services. I just applied for a job at one, and will doubtless apply at several others as well.

Thank you so much for the tip!

Janice in San Antonio, Texas

11 months ago

I've been a pharmacy technician for almost a year now and I have to say that is one of the most physically demanding jobs in the market. The functions of being a tech aren't difficult, but the fact that you have to be able to do about ten things at once is really the cherry on that ice cream sundae.
I am employed at a Walgreens with only three regular technicians! THREE technicians?! Our store is busy as hell too and three techs just doesn't cut it. I work 45 hour weeks with 10-13 hour long shifts and only one 30 minute lunch. As soon as you clock in, you better get ready to haul ass and when you step into the pharmacy, you're bombarded with ten tasks that need to be done because there just aren't enough techs to do them. I remember one day it was me, another tech and 1 pharmacist and it was so busy, I had to run 3 stations myself because there were about 70 scripts to fill and when there are that many, you can't afford to concentrate on anything else. I had to answer phones, wait on the patients (I had a line of about 12 people in the front and another 6 cars in the drive through), type prescriptions, make phone calls to other stores or insurance agencies periodically so no pts left dissatisfied and to top it all off, I'd get cussed at by some customers for not being quick enough. I'm over here trying to do the work of at least two people and I have to swallow the verbal abuse from the patients with an understanding smile as well. That's the reality of it. It's not just me either. One of the techs I work with is an older woman, and she struggles so hard everyday with all the work piled on her shoulders. No person, no matter the pay, should have to run around like a dang mule trying to get 100 things done at one time because the company is too cheap to hire somebody else. It really goes to show how little big, corporate a**holes like walgreens or cvs care about their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina

11 months ago

Janice in San Antonio, Texas said: I am employed at a Walgreens with only three regular technicians! THREE technicians?! Our store is busy as hell too and three techs just doesn't cut it....

Janice, your Walgreens sounds like my CVS.
We generally have 1 person per station: pick-up, drop-off, drive-thru, and production, with 1 Pharmacist. If we're particularly busy, we'll get another Pharmacist to come in and verify Rx's while the other Pharmacist deals with all the other stuff that keeps them from verifying Rx's in the first place. But the Rx's still come in and stack up quicker than you can pull & count.
But do we get more PT's on staff to deal with the extra workload? No.

Most customers are understanding & see how busy we are. But we still get the customer who has zero, ZERO self-awareness of the line of cars in drive-thru or the 3-5 (or more) people behind them who has to ask a question or complain that brings the whole process to a screeching halt.

This is more of a general rant that I'm sure happens at other pharmacies: sometimes we'll have a customer drop-off their Rx and will have to wait in the store, which is fine. Then when their Rx is ready, I'll give them their total and that's when they dispute the price, usually over an insurance issue. Or, I'll give them their total and that's when it occurs to them to say, "Oh, I have this discount card." So, this whole time you were waiting, you never thought to tell someone about this card? In either case, once they've signed for their Rx and I've hit total, when it becomes obvious they aren't going to pay the price (even when we did run it through their insurance) of their Rx, I have to void the transaction & send them back over to drop-off so they can wait some more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sassy p in Los Angeles, California

11 months ago

Mr.Wilson in Nashville, Tennessee said: I definitely agree with this post. I just quit walgreens 4 months ago. I worked pharm tech and everyone in the pharmacy was nasty and racist. I complained and they put me cashier , but they woudlnt let me take breaks even though I had to use the restroom. The manager said that they dont allow bathroom breaks. I was the only cashier in the store and it stayed busy-like constantly a like of 4 people. They woudln't let me go to photo because there were racist people working back there. The store managers were either racist or very rude. The bathrooms were filthy, and Walgreens was a hel*hole.

I just started my externship, at Walgreens and they only give me 10 minutes for a break anf have me working 9 hours. Dnt want to ho back.

Janice in San Antonio, Texas

11 months ago

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Janice, your Walgreens sounds like my CVS .
We generally have 1 person per station: pick-up, drop-off, drive-thru, and production, with 1 Pharmacist. If we're particularly busy, we'll get another Pharmacist to come in and verify Rx's while the other Pharmacist deals with all the other stuff that keeps them from verifying Rx's in the first place. But the Rx's still come in and stack up quicker than you can pull & count.

I know exactly what you mean. People will see the horrendously long lines behind them and they still say they need to wait. That's cool. They can wait. I always warn them it could be up to 30 minutes just because of how busy we are and most are understanding. Most people will give us the full hour and a half to work on their rx which I'm grateful for. Some want to fight us about their insurance prices as though we're the ones that come up with them and others decide to whip out their coupon card after we'd already sold them the rx! So now you have to do a post void and run their card because they neglected to mention it BEFORE the script was sold. That's just ridiculous in my opinion. It's only some people though. Most are kind and patient so they make the job more tolerable. Other than that, though, I'm going to get a bit more experience and seek work in a hospital or go back to school. I don't want to slaving away at Walgreens forever. No way. I bet CVS is about the same. Keep ya'll pretty busy, huh?

Bretski in Alert Bay, British Columbia

10 months ago

Having worked for both Walgreens and Rite Aid in the US as a pharmacist, I can attest to pretty much everything mentioned. Technicians at the large American retailers are kept in slave factories, otherwise known as dispensaries. Technicians are rarely given breaks, benefits, proper working conditions or any consideration from management whatsoever. I'd caution anyone thinking of working for one of these chains. They won't appreciate you or treat you well. You'll have to fight for every inch you deserve.

nablis07 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

9 months ago

Bretski in Alert Bay, British Columbia said: Having worked for both Walgreens and Rite Aid in the US as a pharmacist, I can attest to pretty much everything mentioned. Technicians at the large American retailers are kept in slave factories, otherwise known as dispensaries. Technicians are rarely given breaks, benefits, proper working conditions or any consideration from management whatsoever. I'd caution anyone thinking of working for one of these chains. They won't appreciate you or treat you well. You'll have to fight for every inch you deserve.

HEY BRETSKI,

I feel like I'm doomed to be in this industry even though I am good at what I do, I just hate working with stupid people who can't manage their own anxieties & imperfections in order to work with each other as professionals. I would never dare say anything bad or curse in public as I express to co-workers, but thats just because I am such a nice person I don't talk back. (I do defend my position though)

Anyway,
I have worked with many pharmacists who come and go, and I know who has good intentions and who don't. So like you said, here in America it is like a slave factory and standards are never met. The pharmacist that I am working with is a real Dip-$hit! Very cocky, a perfectionist, & a Nit Picking Spider! Nah, more like a snake cause I ended up with a pile of errors like I was going to be fired for.

You know pharmacists always has the upper hand and thats why I am heading for pharmacy school so I can become a DM to nail them DUMB B-A-S-T-A-R-D-S OUT THERE LIKE THAT!

Life, it's not about how long you have been doing something, but it's about how you can change things without bending the rules! P/S they're not HIPPA compliant & they think I'm not. Psshhhh. 8-)

pennygracie in Austin, Texas

9 months ago

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Janice, your Walgreens sounds like my CVS .

Most customers are understanding & see how busy we are. But we still get the customer who has zero, ZERO self-awareness of the line of cars in drive-thru or the 3-5 (or more) people behind them who has to ask a question or complain that brings the whole process to a screeching halt.

This is more of a general rant that I'm sure happens at other pharmacies: sometimes we'll have a customer drop-off their Rx and will have to wait in the store, which is fine. Then when their Rx is ready, I'll give them their total and that's when they dispute the price, usually over an insurance issue. Or, I'll give them their total and that's when it occurs to them to say, "Oh, I have this discount card." So, this whole time you were waiting, you never thought to tell someone about this card? In either case, once they've signed for their Rx and I've hit total, when it becomes obvious they aren't going to pay the price (even when we did run it through their insurance) of their Rx, I have to void the transaction & send them back over to drop-off so they can wait some more.

That's why you give them the price at drop-off, so their expectations are already set and you don't fill it just to be put back because they don't like the price.

mnat in Southport, North Carolina

9 months ago

I landed a pharm tech job at CVS after taking a course at my local community college. I thought it would be a great stepping stone for learning and they would pay for my National Certification test in 6 months.
After my hiring manager started texting me with questions at all hours about my training,drug test,whether I registered with the BOP yet, I was starting to question my decision to take the job!
I took a huge paycut taking this job, but I figured,no big deal, because once I am certified I will move on and demand more money. My goal is to work at a hospital pharmacy-not retail!
I attended some training then was given a HUGE amount of online training! The time it took for the "6" hours I'd get paid for was already exceeding 10 hours!! And the website was a nightmare! The trainer told us to use one browser, the website said it won't work on that one...My husband (an IT professional) had to help me figure out how to just access this training...countless other web related problems too.
After realizing I would be working my part time hours PLUS doing online training (most of which I would not get paid for)When you work your hours at a retail job, you need to go home and live your life, not be constantly looking at a computer screen to finish training by a certain date. Especially when the website encounters problems constantly and makesyou redo things, sign out and start over the next day,etc etc! (all the while the clock is ticking and you MUST finish certain things by certain dates!!!) No, I will not be doing this till all hours of the night. I have a life. This is only a part time job!
I realized CVS is NOT the place to work as a pharmacy tech.!
DON"T TRAIN THERE!!!

Lovely Liz_71 in Madera, California

4 months ago

brown_dude_CPhT in Boston, Massachusetts said: Later on I decided to try out the retail pharmacy experience which I did not find rewarding at all. However, this employment opportunity led me to pursue certification which I acquired in 2008. It’s just unfortunate that there are so few opportunities for entry -level technicians and this “deep recession” makes it increasingly difficult for new pharmacy technician hires.

Besides, reading the threads on this forum provides a great place for aspiring, frustrated and disgruntled pharmacy technicians to vent and pass along critical knowledge to others. For example, if you can stop a person from taking out a $10,000 school loan in order to become a pharmacy technician and direct them to some other healthcare opportunity that pays more and has better working conditions may god bless you.

By this I mean I really feel sorry for those individuals who took out those huge loans and went to school and when they graduated were surely disappointed by not finding immediate employment. But then again that seems to be an absolute with this profession. First time employment opportunities are defiantly hard to acquire in most cases.

Although, I am not sure why, perhaps it’s over saturation of pharmacy technicians in the field. Then there are those who are frustrated by the low pay, high stress and poor working conditions of the retail pharmacy setting. In conclusion, kudos goes out to all the pharmacy technicians that have passed the national PTCB exam and have given advice regarding what programs and books to buy in order to pass the PTCB, as well as tips of the trade to there fellow aspiring pharmacy technicians.

I am one of those that decided to become a Certified Pharmacy technician. Mind you passing the PTCB exam. Who has not been able to find entry level work and I am wondering if my 17k investment will ever pay off. I am still stuck working at my dead end job and many little to to no money.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.