becoming a pharmacist technician PLEASE HELP!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 202)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

LovelyAnna in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

80 months ago

just dont mention it and yes make sure if they ask on application if you have a dui or misdemeanor, that you acknowledge it, or check the box, they will fire you for lieing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelsie Lovato in Salt Lake City, Utah

80 months ago

Hi guys I am a junior in high school, But i'm very interested to be a pharmacist or dental hygenist I was wondering if any of you could give me some more information on pharmacy. I've been researching for over a month now. So I just kinda want peoples advice and opinions.

thanks,
Kelsie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brittany in Martinsville, Virginia

78 months ago

Well I am currently in college to become a PT and I was wondering do i have to finish before i can apply to get a job or could I get a job sooner?? Hubby is getting out of the military and i need to find something soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

necurry10 in Rich Hill, Missouri

78 months ago

go get 'em

kmzerbe in Jacksonville, Florida

78 months ago

I’m looking into becoming a Pharm D. these are my concerns and questions if anyone out there can help.

I’ve been doing my research and I’m not sure if this is a good idea yet, but I was thinking it would be a good idea to study and take the pctb. And work as a pharm tech while I take college courses to become a Pharm D. My only concerns are the math and science. The highest math I’ve taken was a (math 101) college level introduction to math. I can barely remember what it was. I do remember I made a B in the class, but that was with lots of tutoring.
Another concern is science I have never taken a high science like chemistry or physics.
Do I have a chance??
If do need to take any math or science I plan to do so as cheaply as possible, I have a previous degree and I might be fortunate to not have to do the full 6 years if I go that route.

Also when and if I do get my Pharm D I would like to do so in Atlanta, Ga. Is there anyone who would be able to recommend an affordable and descent place (and has its accreditation)? Or just any recommendations to gaining a Pharm D. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmzerbe in Jacksonville, Florida

78 months ago

I just remembered, I read some where that it was quicker to obtain a Pharm D if you had already gone through schooling as a pharm tech? To my logic I'm thinking not. Is there any one who could clarify this?

Thank you again, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Jimmy in San Francisco, California

77 months ago

Hi everyone I'm international student and I just gonna started PT at Heald College , is gonna take me 18 months to get degree I just wondering is this major really really hard? is easy find job?(I'm fine as long I find job) Any tips to success ...

Thanks so much

justine in Brawley, California

76 months ago

misty in Houston, Texas said: I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of a good book to study. I am waiting on my graduation package from pennfoster which includes a study guide to my states exam, but I am not wanting to wait. I want to start studing for the exam...now can anyone help?

Mosby's review for the pharmacy technician certifiation board

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ednadav19120 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Lalita in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Apply at a local chain pharmacy (Walgreens, CVS, etc) and you will learn everything you need to know. You need to be proficient in math to calculate dosages. I wouldn't worry about being good in science unless you are pursuing a career as a pharmacist.

i am interested in caculating math to strengthen my skills .i also enjoy helping people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

i am interested in working in the pharmacy technician feild to strengthen my skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

i need to know is there any job openings in the pharmacy technician field.

SusyG in Riverside, California

76 months ago

George in Torrance, California said: Learning how to be a tech and having the knowledge to be a tech depends on the school you go to. for ex> in southern california theres hundreds of pharmacy tech schools that you can go to, bryman (which is now everest) american career college, basically schools that offers pharmacy tech course that YOU SEE ON COMMERCIALS are usually the best ones. unlike those schools that are advertised on flea market catalogs, trust me you do not want to go to those schools, telling you that from first hand experience. but other than that math are easy. dosage calculations ex:metaphor.(500 bottles of beers on the wall, you need to drink atleast 20 beers a day, how many days will it take to drink all 500 bottles of beers on the wall!) are easy! devisions devisions devisions and cross multiplication which usually ends up to be devision in the end.! well i just finished my pharm tech course at a cheap college, its so ghetto, and those 8 months went by so fast. i feel as though i have learned nothing but when i stepped into a clinic pharmacy today for my externship, everything just came back to me. all those knowledge of drugs (legal) math that was hidden deep beneath this hard headed brain of mine, went to surface like a whale surfacing beaneath the ocean for a breath of air. anyways, it was real easy, the pharmacist are there to protect and serve she is the guidebook that you failed to read that will answer all your questions and guide you to be a good pharm tech, one bit of advice KNOW YOUR TOP 200 DRUGS GENERICS AND BRAND! if you learn all that before you work! its like being the richest person on the poorest place! well im tired and sleepy GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WANTS TO PURSUE A CAREER AS A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN.! JUST DO YOUR BEST!.

Thank you so much for putting some humor and upside to this :)
I am due to enroll and Iam so nervous but your post made me
all the more confident. Thanks again !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

A in Westerly, Rhode Island

75 months ago

Personally, as a CPhT, if you have no clue what a PT should do or does or what you have to know, I don't think you should be looking into it via an online forum. The medications you would be handling could cause a person serious damage if not death, so having no clue what a PT does, doesn't seem like you should be looking into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shabana in Ajax, Ontario

75 months ago

rachel in Claremont, New Hampshire said: I am interested in becoming a pharmacist technician.I was told you have to good at math and science? is that true? and could somebody tell me what I would be doing during training and what i would be doin when I do get a job???!!!

No Its not true you can learn when you do the course they will teach u about calculation,pharmacology,anatomy,compounding,retail,asepcisand hospital work.So you can learn all that.

daniellejudith in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

Jimmy in San Francisco, California said: Hi everyone I'm international student and I just gonna started PT at Heald College , is gonna take me 18 months to get degree I just wondering is this major really really hard? is easy find job?(I'm fine as long I find job) Any tips to success ...

Thanks so much

you are going to a college to get a degree as a pharmacy technician and not a pharmacist? you do not need a degree to become a pharmacy tech. a lot of people who are pharmacy techs are mad that they have all that education and get paid the same as a tech. i am about to go to a pharm tech school in March. cost?$649.oo for 12wks. one night a week for 3hrs. includes books. walgreens &cvs offers it for free. i am in the military and will be getting out in may. this class begins in march and ends in june. perfect timing for me. if i had the time to train at cvs or walgreens i would, but my schedule does not allow. there are other schools out there that want to charge $8000 plus. what a rip off. go to the different pharmacies (cvs, walgreens, target, kroger,walmart, etc) and get the opionions from the pharmacists' and techs. they will tell you what i am telling you. like i said, i would take their training for free if i could. the program that i will enter in march is taught by a pharmacist and i can make 3payments instead of paying all at once. please don't pay for a school if you don't have to. this school may be in your area ...pharmacytrainerschools.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

daniellejudith in Columbus, Ohio

75 months ago

Km zerbe in Jacksonville, Florida said: I’m looking into becoming a Pharm D. these are my concerns and questions if anyone out there can help.

I’ve been doing my research and I’m not sure if this is a good idea yet, but I was thinking it would be a good idea to study and take the pctb. And work as a pharm tech while I take college courses to become a Pharm D. My only concerns are the math and science. The highest math I’ve taken was a (math 101) college level introduction to math. I can barely remember what it was. I do remember I made a B in the class, but that was with lots of tutoring.
Another concern is science I have never taken a high science like chemistry or physics.
Do I have a chance??
If do need to take any math or science I plan to do so as cheaply as possible, I have a previous degree and I might be fortunate to not have to do the full 6 years if I go that route.

Also when and if I do get my Pharm D I would like to do so in Atlanta, Ga. Is there anyone who would be able to recommend an affordable and descent place (and has its accreditation)? Or just any recommendations to gaining a Pharm D. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you!

i begin pharm tech school in march. 12wks. want to see how well i like it because i want to go to pharmacy school. i am awful at math & chemistry. i went to half price books (bookstore that sells used books) and bought every science book that had the word dummy in it(boy did i feel like a dumbazz lol ) calculus for dummies, trigonometry for dummies, organic chemistry for dummies, inorganic chemistry for dummies, etc... just get those books and study b/4 taking the course and get a tutor if u have to. you'll do just fine.

bemcCpTh in Spring, Texas

75 months ago

brand generic is as easy or as hard as u make it in im in a class where we get only the brand and have to know and spell correctly the generic so i try making up funny phrases and sayings to each their own i would say off the top of my head i know at least 90 drugs so give it a try

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

daniellejudith

75 months ago

Terri in Vincennes, Indiana said: Come to Vincennes University, Vincennes, Indiana and I can train you to be a Technician in as little as one tear, two if you want the AS.

explain to me why anyone would want or need an associates degree as a pharmacy technician when training is free at most retail stores. i plan on paying $649.00 for 12wks only because i am in the military and will be getting out soon. my schedule will not allow for me to get free tng, however i can get away once a week for 3hrs. (classes are once a week for 3hrs.) i went to walgreens last week and talked to a PT who told me that people who got their AS degree were upset that they were making the same amount of money as a highschool graduate that received training for free at the store. it amazes me on how there are so many programs out there infiltrating the pharmacy technician career. one program called me today to do a follow up on me. i told them that i had to pass on their program that cost $8000 because i found a program that was $649.00 why would i pay thousands of dollars to make $9-13 maybe up to 15p/hour?.... this is another one of those,"pee on my head and tell me that it's raining stories

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dillongamez in Modesto, California

75 months ago

daniellejudith said: explain to me why anyone would want or need an associates degree as a pharmacy technician when training is free at most retail stores. i plan on paying $649.00 for 12wks only because i am in the military and will be getting out soon. my schedule will not allow for me to get free tng, however i can get away once a week for 3hrs. (classes are once a week for 3hrs.) i went to walgreens last week and talked to a PT who told me that people who got their AS degree were upset that they were making the same amount of money as a highschool graduate that received training for free at the store. it amazes me on how there are so many programs out there infiltrating the pharmacy technician career. one program called me today to do a follow up on me. i told them that i had to pass on their program that cost $8000 because i found a program that was $649.00 why would i pay thousands of dollars to make $9-13 maybe up to 15p/hour?.... this is another one of those,"pee on my head and tell me that it's raining stories

well i think it may be because if you get a degree it gives you the option of transferring to a 4 year eventually if you wanted to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JJ in San Francisco, California

75 months ago

dillongamez in Modesto, California said: well i think it may be because if you get a degree it gives you the option of transferring to a 4 year eventually if you wanted to.

You mean after I get my degree as PT I can do 4 more years to be PharmD?
Follow question: Dont you need BA or BS to be in accepted in Pharmacy school?

Sunshine00 in Sacramento, California

75 months ago

VRose,

I currently work at a Health Insurance and i totally understand you!. Even if we aren't in the same work fields...its always somewhat related...customers will call in complaining they can't get their med Rx cause we didn't pay, or they will blame the pharmacy that they can't do their job....etc...Im thinking of becoming a PT right now and after reading all this and hearing people complain everyday about their meds already im having second thoughts now..LOL..

studyingdude in Portland, Oregon

74 months ago

Ashley in Arlington, Texas said: i will be graduating from high school pretty soon and i was wondering what all i am i required to learn to become a pharmacist tech? how long is it going to take for me to get my degree in texas? what does it mean to be certified? how long and what do you have to do to make "big money" as a pharmacist tech? please, if someone can give me a little feed back on what it is that i would be doing i would really appreciate that!!!! oh yea, if you have any extra info or tips please share them with me also.

if you consider big money to be 20-25 bucks an hour (if certified and experienced), move over here to rainy town and work for kaiser permanente. They also have excellent benefits.

:)

Bryan in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

check this out this might help you a bit
ptceguide.blogspot.com/

Repo in Arlington, Texas

74 months ago

the nationa ptcb only covers about 10 percent in retail pharmacy the rest is hospital pharmacy

B.Rivera in Big Spring, Texas

73 months ago

I past my test today...YEEESs, Thank You Jesus, was very stresful for me, this ones for you mom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tai in Spring, Texas

73 months ago

MS. BROWN in Lewisville, Texas said: I WILL BE TAKING THE CPT TEST NEXT MONTH AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS TAKING THE TEST AT A PEARSON TESTING CENTER BEFORE BY REGISTERING FOR IT THROUGH THE PCTB WEBSITE THE COST WAS 129.00 ANY INSITE ON THIS WILL BE VERY HELPFUL... WHAT EXACTLY SHOULD I EXPECT!!!

Yes I took the test a couple of years ago and it was okay. Just be there on time and ready to take your exam. Try to avoid bringing items with you, you will need your id and the exam schedule date you printed out. The test is not that long, I believe about one hour and twenty minutes depending on you. You are seated in a cubicle and giving a chalkboard for mathematic questions. It is very quite and they watch you the whole time. Wish you the best of LUCK!!!!!!!

CPT B.Rivera in Big Spring, Texas

73 months ago

Hi Ms. Brown,
I took the PTCB test through Pearson Vue on 4/12/10. First off you'll need yourself and an I.D.30 minutes prior to your testing. You can expect the duration of the test to be about 2 hours or less, 90 random questions, all multiple choice(for some reason "D" was the most chosen). About 30% of the questions involve some math(remember 1kg = 2.2 lbs) the rest of the test involves assisting the pharmacist, drugs, their uses and common sense.
Say a little prayer, have some faith, with confidence, you will come out a victor, as I did.
God Bless.
Your likeing the profesional name already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lydia in Loma Linda, California

73 months ago

I have my license and certificate of pharmacy technician last year, and have been trying so hard to find a job, but never find one. so if anybody can refer me to find one. I am living in San Bernardino county, california. million thanks and greatly appreciation!

runnervu in Vincennes, Indiana

73 months ago

Start by going on the computer, fill out applications from any place. After filling out applications give about a week then visit the places.
Good Luck

R1V3RA in Big Spring, Texas

73 months ago

john in San Diego, California said: I am training to be a tech ive finished the 26 week course but I am faced with a tough situation I have somewhat of a record and they are misdomeanors, I am afraid to apply to the externship , I havent commited any violent crimes I have dui on my record should i still go for it , any comments or advice may help thanx

I have a recent Dui, a ridiculous juvenile record and I just got certified as a Pharmacy Technician early this month, so dont let that worry you.

cynthia in Manteca, California

72 months ago

I am in enrolled in a pharmacy technician program in stockton ca and I am having trouble with math what do u suggest.

Blessed in Lees Summit, Missouri

72 months ago

JJ in San Francisco, California said: You mean after I get my degree as PT I can do 4 more years to be PharmD?
Follow question: Dont you need BA or BS to be in accepted in Pharmacy school?

No this is not true. Tech school has nothing to do with Pharmacy School. It is completely seperate. You will still have to go to pharmacy school for the full duration which is more like 7 to 8 years depending on how many prerequisites you need. Actual pharmacy school is generally 5 years + the years needed to apply for pharmacy school.
I agree with the previous posters and do not encourage tech school. Walgreens does a wonderful job in teaching everything needed to know and you get paid in the process. I am a pharmacy manager and seeing a certificate from tech school holds no more weight on an applicant getting the job at all.

Rose 23 in Dumfries, Virginia

72 months ago

Hello, I have been in the US for a year and half and I want to be a pharmacist, but before I can be accepted at any pharmacy school, I need to work in a pharmacy as a pharmacy tech and get some experience. I found a few schools, Heritage-education it is private and they offer a year program to become pharmacy tech , I also found ACT college , they offer 40 weeks of classes. Can anybody tell me if it is worth to spend like 12000 dollars to become pharmacy tech. They said they offer training in hospitals.... so I think that would be easy to find a job. What do you think about that? Do I have to go for it or not? my goal is to become a pharmacist and a pharmacy tech is my 1st step. Please advise as I am new in The US and I do not want anybody in these schools to take advantage of me. Thank you all

daniellejudith in Greenwood, Indiana

72 months ago

HALE TO THE NAW!!!!!!@#$%^&*()_!!!!! DON'T U DARE SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY TO BECOME A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN GET ON THE JOB TRAINING FOR FREE AT WALMART, CVS, WALGREENS, MEIER, KROGER, ETC.... i am in a pharmacy tech school right now. i only paid 649.00 for 12weeks. great class. i graduate next week. if you go to any pharmacy store, techs will tell you not to waste your money. you will make the same thing as other techs. some places even have an associates degree. don't waste your money. I don't know where you are from, but the program that i am in is located in a lot of places. go to this website and call the # on there. talk to Dottie if you want further information. goodluck
www.pharmacytrainerschools.com/

TM in Willoughby, Ohio

71 months ago

Marie in Ashtabula, Ohio said: If someone has a record that is expunged would that mess up them trying to become a pharmacy tech?

I would definetly look into it before you go to school! I stay in your area and I have 1 Physical control on my record which is basically a DUI but a lesser offense (Misdamenor)and I'm having a hard time finding an externship. While I was talking to the person at my school she was telling me a story about a girl who got her record expunged and it still showed up! They find out!! I would definetly find out more info

rose 0030 in Dumfries, Virginia

71 months ago

Can someone tell me, What is the best book to study for the PTCB test?

markdrummer72@*****.*** in San Diego, California

71 months ago

john in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: honestly...Youll never be a pharmacy tech...but it never
hurts to apply, do not let that hold you up...you already
know what the answer is going to be anyway...

Even if pharmacy techs were in the shortest demand on this planet,
you would never be hired because of your record. I have been
to school, I have no record, and ive been looking for nearly 2
years for a pharmacy tech job.

in fact I did get my lic, and am now working in Jesus name so there

cpht in Joliet, Illinois

71 months ago

you can visit pharmacy rx by crystal zamudio online for ptcb guides and much more

thanks

good luck

chrisacezam in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

we have recently moved to texas, and my mom told me to try taking the pharmacy tech cert. exam since i'm unemployed right now... my test is already scheduled in 3 months... i just wanna know how i'm gonna prepare for the test... i haven't taken pharmacy tech courses, but a family friend told us that i just have 2 pass the test, then apply for tech jobs w/ d certification in hand... i am unfamiliar w/ this industry, but am willing 2 try and learn about it.... where could i learn about what technicians need 2 know 2 do their job without taking formal classes?? I'm not a resident yet, so it is very costly 2 go 2 school as of the moment... i just need a job as soon as i can... please give me suggestions because i am planning to study on my own... i have tried taken other license exams as well and have passed by just studying on my own... i think it just works better for me... so pls... any suggestions 4 my preparation for the exam?? i would greatly appreciate your help... thank you

mewhomustnotbenamed in Milpitas, California

71 months ago

chrisacezam in Arlington, Texas said: we have recently moved to texas, and my mom told me to try taking the pharmacy tech cert. exam since i'm unemployed right now... my test is already scheduled in 3 months... i just wanna know how i'm gonna prepare for the test... i haven't taken pharmacy tech courses, but a family friend told us that i just have 2 pass the test, then apply for tech jobs w/ d certification in hand... i am unfamiliar w/ this industry, but am willing 2 try and learn about it.... where could i learn about what technicians need 2 know 2 do their job without taking formal classes?? I'm not a resident yet, so it is very costly 2 go 2 school as of the moment... i just need a job as soon as i can... please give me suggestions because i am planning to study on my own... i have tried taken other license exams as well and have passed by just studying on my own... i think it just works better for me... so pls... any suggestions 4 my preparation for the exam?? i would greatly appreciate your help... thank you

Try looking for a pharmacy where you could volunteer; check with independently-owned ones or state/county pharmacies. By doing this, I was able to familiarize myself with common medications (brand/generic names), as well as laws. I would recommend Mosby's Pharm Tech Review by Mizner. This is the only book I used for reviewing.

How are your math skills? There are a lot of math in my set of PTCE questions. It's not that bad though.

chrisacezam in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

thnx alot for the suggestion... i'll look it up in the library first before buying it... it myt just save me some change... i really appreciate ur help... thnx

mandyr in Visalia, California

69 months ago

I am currently enrolled not started in the boston reed pharm tech in visalia it is 10 saturdays 9-5 and 180 intern hours they provide internship its gunna cost 2800 im bad at math does anyone think i will be able to pull this off im stressed over blowing all my money on this if i wont beable to pass the math

john in New Providence, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

mandyr in Visalia, California said: I am currently enrolled not started in the boston reed pharm tech in visalia it is 10 saturdays 9-5 and 180 intern hours they provide internship its gunna cost 2800 im bad at math does anyone think i will be able to pull this off im stressed over blowing all my money on this if i wont beable to pass the math

just go to a cvs or walgreens and they will train.

Rivera in Big Spring, Texas

69 months ago

Listen Kid, Lord knows how or why I became a Certified Pharmacy Tech, But I did it. But before you make the decision to spend good money or whatever to become a Tech, make sure theirs jobs in your area, Ive had my certification for 5 (FIVE)months and no Job. I hate myself right now. So the stress comes after passing the test. So if your stressing about taking it I say F the stress, Keep your head up, and take the test.

CPhT in Lockport, Illinois

69 months ago

Rivera in Big Spring, Texas said: Listen Kid, Lord knows how or why I became a Certified Pharmacy Tech, But I did it. But before you make the decision to spend good money or whatever to become a Tech, make sure theirs jobs in your area, Ive had my certification for 5 (FIVE)months and no Job. I hate myself right now. So the stress comes after passing the test. So if your stressing about taking it I say F the stress, Keep your head up, and take the test.

I know what you mean, but eventually the job will come along in god's time. I waited for awhile and at the present moment things are finally working out. It was all worth it...I think god has been listening to my prayers..good luck everyone

Crystal Zamudio CPhT
Pharmacy Rx Owner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

denise in Peoria, Arizona

69 months ago

hi, i want to be a pt,im looking at schools right now, but im not sure if i can do it because im a very shy person, and also im good with math but i cant do it in my head i have to write it down and it seems like you have to be pretty fast, also im not that good of a reader. i just dont know if it is turely for me i dont have money to be wasting. so wat do u guys think?

CPhT in Joliet, Illinois

69 months ago

denise in Peoria, Arizona said: hi, i want to be a pt,im looking at schools right now, but im not sure if i can do it because im a very shy person, and also im good with math but i cant do it in my head i have to write it down and it seems like you have to be pretty fast, also im not that good of a reader. i just dont know if it is turely for me i dont have money to be wasting. so wat do u guys think?

Hey being a pharmacy technician requires to be alert and we have to have the ability to speak up because we are going to encounter with many patients and pharmacists everyday, so we have to communicate which is key. About the math part do not worry every pharmacy has extra calculators to calculate dosages and more. you can even use scratch paper but in time you wont need that because you will get use to it. My question to you is why are you considering to become a pharmacy technician? If you feel your answer to that question sounds motivated then I think you are a good fit to become a pharm tech. If this profession inspires you and feel that it's a certain goal you want to achieve then I will go for it, follow your dreams. Follow your instincts...Good luck sweetie

Crystal Zamudio
Pharmacy Rx Owner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shea in Sun City, California

68 months ago

Okay I have a question I’m going to go into school to become a pharmacy technician through Job Corps. What I really want to do is become a licensed pharmacist. I’m good at both math and science and there is a demand in my area. Bacsily the idea is to slowly break me into that career path instead of diving full head into it? Because Job Corps is paying for the PT training. I figure it would be a smart way to ease into the pharmacy world. My question is that since I’m doing this is becoming a pharmacy tech a good way to begin my journey to becoming a pharmacist? Am I right to think that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chad in Saginaw, Michigan

67 months ago

I would like to be a hospital Pharm Tech. But I would like to get some training so I can be prepared and ready to work as a hospital PT; and be trained and ready to take the PT exam and to get certified, but does anybody know of a good online institute that can train you and is not some stupid scam or rip off? Thanks.

brivera in Union City, California

66 months ago

I only studied for six weeks. So it is possible for you too, but I am having difficulties getting registered through my state because of a misdemeanor past. So I'm hoping I haven't wasted all this time and money...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.