How does tech get IV certified?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 177)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

izzyfig in Porter, Texas

53 months ago

Hi, my name is Izzy and i just graduated high school this past May and i'm already a certified pharmacy tech and became IV certified before i became a CPhT. The High school i went through that offered the program was New Caney high school. The school went through the program "Kadueus" which was created by the University of Houston. If you are in high school and your senior year is about to start, i highly recommend that you ask your school to intergate this program. This is an excellent opportunity to get a great job out of high school, especially since this program at our school was FREE.

Also, for those who have general questions about getting IV certified in the Houston area feel free to check out their website to find information for the general public as to how when and where you can become IV certified. Thank you

www.kadeuceusinc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

corliss lockhart in Pearland, Texas

53 months ago

christie martin in San Antonio, Texas said: hi tonya,

my name is christie i live in san antonio and i teach the course here. i would travel to dallas to certify you if that was an option for you. My email address is sofia_dabalsa@yahoo.com if you are interested.

take care

I live in Pearland, Tx 12 miles south of Houston. I am interested in becoming IV certified. Can you help me?

Harrell in Sugar Land, Texas

53 months ago

corliss lockhart in Pearland, Texas said: I live in Pearland, Tx 12 miles south of Houston. I am interested in becoming IV certified. Can you help me?

Hi Corliss, you can email me at hjones@asyntria.com and I can help you get IV Certified in Houston. We have an ACPE Accredited IV Certification course at the National Pharmacy Technician Association.

Njroden in Warren, Ohio

52 months ago

I live in Ohio and I need to get IV certified. What / where / how can I. Here you have to work in an inpatient pharmacy (for somne imaginable amount of time) until they decide to train you.

Lauren in Manvel, Texas

52 months ago

I'm taking college classes now to be certified as an IV Technician, and wondering what the starting pay for an inpatient Hospital IV technician these days? Please share if you know. Would like to be prepared when I start going out for job interviews. Thanks!

trish in Lubbock, Texas

52 months ago

Nicolette Cyr in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I am interested in becoming IV certified in Las Vegas, Nevada allowing me to work in a hospital setting. I would appreciate any info regarding a class. Thanks

cc51@earthlink.net

The hospital i work for trained me. You do not need to go to special classes and pay money. I was paid for my training! Don't listen to these scammers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

norma grimaud in San Antonio, Texas

51 months ago

Christie in Converse, Texas said: Hi Check out sterilesolutions.org

We train techs in IV's through an accredited ACPE course.

We can travel to your state.

Email me at sofia_dabalsa@yahoo.com for more info.

if you can please email me with information on your iv program i am certified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Christie in Converse, Texas said: Hi Shonna,

Please visit my website at sterilesolutions.org then if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me at the email listed. sterile.solutions@yahoo.com

Thanks for your email.

i have sent you a mess on getting more information on your program

51 months ago

i would like more informaton on your program with the iv certification..i live in san antonio.i was just wonderingif you still offer this..

sonya_greene@hotmail.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

I am interested in online courses for IV certication, i am a certficed pharmacy technicain. I would like to know are there good and resonable online classes available for this. and also what other certications can i obtain relating to a pharmacy technicain that may help me to get in a hospital setting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

shaakema Lawrence in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

50 months ago

Im interested to get IV certified how can i do that

Harrell in Spring, Texas

50 months ago

EG in Austin, Texas said: I'm also interested in getting IV certified. Any suggestions?

Hi EG,

You can contact me at hjones@asyntria.com. We offer ACPE accredited IV, Chemo and Compounding Certification classes in Houston.

Sterile Solutions in San Antonio, Texas

50 months ago

IV Course Online

Sterile Solutions offers Pharmacy Technicians a completely online training program for Sterile IV Preparation by using the internet and web-cam conferencing from anywhere at anytime. The course consists of 10 online modules which cover all of the topics listed below. Each module is followed by a quiz that must be completed with a passing score. After all 10 modules have been completed a final exam will be given. In addition, there will be online videos demonstrating Proper Aseptic techniques, the student will receive training supplies with which to practice and be evaluated. Evaluations are completed online using DIMDIM.COM a web-conferencing site which requires the student to have internet access and a webcam.

What you will learn:

Intravenous Admixtures Math
Equipment and Supplies
Laminar Workflow Benches
Vials and Ampules
Syringes and Needles
Solutions and IV Bags
Stability and Properties of Intravenous Admixtures
Chemotherapy
Infection Control
Sterilization Methods
Total Parenteral Nutrition
Aseptic Techniques
ASHP Guidelines for Quality Assurance
USP 797
Labeling

Demonstrations:

Proper Handwashing Techniques
Cleaning the Horizontal Hood
Cleaning the Vertical Hood
Using Needles and Syringes
Withdrawing from a Vial
Withdrawing from an Ampule
Reconstitution of Powders
Injecting Solutions into an IV Bag

For information on how to enroll contact: sterile.solutions@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sterile Solutions in San Antonio, Texas

50 months ago

IV Course

Sterile Solutions offers Pharmacy Technicians a completely online training program for Sterile IV Preparation by using the internet and web-cam conferencing from anywhere at anytime. The course consists of 10 online modules which cover all of the topics listed below. Each module is followed by a quiz that must be completed with a passing score. After all 10 modules have been completed a final exam will be given. Modules can be completed in any order and at anytime. In addition, there will be online videos demonstrating Proper Aseptic techniques, the student will receive training supplies with which to practice and be evaluated. Evaluations are completed online using DIMDIM.COM a web-conferencing site which requires the student to have internet access and a webcam.

What you will learn:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intravenous Admixtures Math
Equipment and Supplies

Laminar Workflow Benches
Vials and Ampules
Syringes and Needles
Solutions and IV Bags
Stability and Properties of Intravenous Admixtures
Chemotherapy
Infection Control
Sterilization Methods
Total Parenteral Nutrition
Aseptic Techniques
ASHP Guidelines for Quality Assurance
USP 797
Labeling

Demonstrations:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proper Handwashing Techniques
Cleaning the Horizontal Hood
Cleaning the Vertical Hood
Using Needles and Syringes
Withdrawing from a Vial
Withdrawing from an Ampule
Reconstitution of Powders
Injecting Solutions into an IV Bag

For information on how to enroll contact: sterile.solutions@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CertifiedTechZ in Marietta, Georgia

50 months ago

I tried to contact the above give email (sterile.solutions@yahoo.com), but never received a reply.

I live in Georgia and cannot travel to Houston in order to get certified. Any suggestions of anything in Atlanta?

Katie in Arlington, Texas

50 months ago

TRINU has a course in Dallas. I've mentioned it before. They've been doing this course since around 1993. The reason you are only finding places in TX with this course is because TX is the state with the laws requiring the training.

Check it out...

www.trinu.com

stacy820 in Monticello, New York

50 months ago

it cost more to do sterile solutions than to travel. I tried that route and in the long run houston was the way to go.

drtyred in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

Hi are you still offering IV certification classes?

echenier in Missouri City, Texas said: I have a IV certification class in Houston. Please email me. Thanks

anony in Oxnard, California

50 months ago

drtyred in Houston, Texas said: Hi are you still offering IV certification classes?

I live in California. The school I attend is offering the course so that we can be IV certified. Maybe those of you wanting to be IV certified can look at one of the local schools and ask if you can pay for just that course if its offered. Just a suggestion.

Christina in Bordentown, New Jersey

49 months ago

giddyuphorse86 in Plainfield, New Jersey said: i live in NJ and i am having difficulty finding a course for IV certification. i have many job prospects but they require the IV. does anyone know or can guide me onto finding just a program or this in new jersey -- any advice really. thanks. im a certified MA and phlebotmist as well.

did you ever find anyplace in nj that did iv cert for pharmacy tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marilyn robinson1983 in Shreveport, Louisiana

49 months ago

hi my name is mariyn and im currently a Cpht here in shreveport,la. i just recently applied for for texas permit to work in texas because ill be moving to texas here in a month or two. i would like to as well become iv certified. so if anyone could help me out pleas email me at:mchal4@aol.com thanks i would really appreciate it.

mary jones in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

echenier in Missouri City, Texas said: I have a IV certification class in Houston. Please email me. Thanks

I want to take the IV certification class in Houston. How do I start.

Harrell in Sugar Land, Texas

49 months ago

mary jones in Chicago, Illinois said: I want to take the IV certification class in Houston. How do I start.

Hi Mary, NPTA, National Pharmacy Technician Association, has an ACPE Accredited IV Certification course in Houston. You can email me at hjones@asyntria.com and I'll send you the information about our program, along with information about our Chemo and Compounding Certification courses. Thanks,Harrell

cem in Longview, Texas

48 months ago

justice in Dallas, Texas said: Sorry for your disatisfaction with the program at richland college. I am not here to defend or accuse richland's pharmacy tech program; because I will earn nothing for doing so in either ways. All I am trying to do is to let those who want a less expensive program and also well structured. I am a graduate of the program and currently working in Allen at a hospital. I just don't know where I could have been working by now if it wasn't for this program. I know a couple of classmates who haven't found a job yet, and is been almost six months since we completed the program. However, there are some of us too who got a job right after we finished our Tech II program. So, I personally belief is a matter of luck and commitment. So, folks my advise to you is; if you want to do it just do it and don't wait for anyone's opinion or discouragements. I am actually going to major in pharmacy that's why I choose this tech program. I am much satisfy with the job than I expected. It is a great and rewarding field. And if I don't get a spot in a pharmacy school, I won't mind doing this for a while until I find me something suitable to replace the faded dream of becoming a pharmacist. NICE, CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENTS. ooops the pay is not that bad for a college student 14/hr without an experience, and would be making more if I get an experience and decides to do it for a while. I feel very lucky. lol

Hi Justice,

My name is carla M. from dallas, Tx. I have my PTCB and State registration but I recieved them while working at a local pharmacy and did not from an accredited school. Is It possible for me to take the Pharmacy TechII course? My plans are to take the iv certification soon.

Tiger in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

IF YOU ARE A TECH, AND WANT TO BE I.V. CERTIFIED. DON'T NEED TO WASTE TIME TO TAKE an I.V. TRAINING CLASS. I have a whole set of training material for sale. In order to be certified, just study the book, practice under the supervision of a pharmacist, fill in the form, complete the test, and mail them back.

Brand new book with the whole set of instruction, test and scantron. I ordered it for myself, but I got into the pharmacy school. They are gotta teach us in P2. So I don't need it anymore. Price: $105. Contact: ygvivian@gmail.com

orange 2011 in Wichita, Kansas

47 months ago

I have a certificate for Pharmacy Assistant,Where can I apply for Jobs that will offer paid on the job training?So I can have some Job experience in this field, till I become a certified Pharmacy Technician. Thanks

lalo in Garland, Texas

47 months ago

justice in Dallas, Texas said: Sorry for your disatisfaction with the program at richland college. I am not here to defend or accuse richland's pharmacy tech program; because I will earn nothing for doing so in either ways. All I am trying to do is to let those who want a less expensive program and also well structured. I am a graduate of the program and currently working in Allen at a hospital. I just don't know where I could have been working by now if it wasn't for this program. I know a couple of classmates who haven't found a job yet, and is been almost six months since we completed the program. However, there are some of us too who got a job right after we finished our Tech II program. So, I personally belief is a matter of luck and commitment. So, folks my advise to you is; if you want to do it just do it and don't wait for anyone's opinion or discouragements. I am actually going to major in pharmacy that's why I choose this tech program. I am much satisfy with the job than I expected. It is a great and rewarding field. And if I don't get a spot in a pharmacy school, I won't mind doing this for a while until I find me something suitable to replace the faded dream of becoming a pharmacist. NICE, CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENTS. ooops the pay is not that bad for a college student 14/hr without an experience, and would be making more if I get an experience and decides to do it for a while. I feel very lucky. lol

Can I get your email so I can ask you some questions?

michaela in Escondido, California

46 months ago

anony in Oxnard, California said: I live in California. The school I attend is offering the course so that we can be IV certified. Maybe those of you wanting to be IV certified can look at one of the local schools and ask if you can pay for just that course if its offered. Just a suggestion.

what school was that at in oxnard?

Anony in Oxnard, California

46 months ago

michaela in Escondido, California said: what school was that at in oxnard?

The school is charter college. I also just found out a lot of the hospitals offer ce throughout the year. I was told you can just call the hospitals and ask. You pay to attend. And if you get hired in a hospital you can ask them to reimburse you. There is also times where you may need to travel. Not to another state. But maybe a few hundred miles and they will have like a 3 day thing, and it's located in a family friendly place. And for three days you listen to lectures, get training on a bunch of stuff you want to get certified in. Hope this helps.

MDJolley in Deltona, Florida

46 months ago

tonya said: does anyone know of any classes in the dallas ft. worth area

Check out pharmacytechnician.org The NPTA offers certificate programs. I would love to take the class if I lived in Texas. Hope this helps.

loren in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

Hi, i wanted to know if you,re still give the iv certification class in Houston because i'm really interested in taking it. Would you please email me at arzulorena@yahoo.com and let me know? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ashley in Mullica Hill, New Jersey

41 months ago

Does anyone know of schools in New Jersey offering IV Certification???

Antonio at Perris California in Puebla, Mexico

41 months ago

We need to certify with health authorities our intravenous solution.

Our technology is integrated by two unique and patented technologies, which deliver the best IV on the planet.
We are ready to move forward ASAP and include our new partner in our long term Business Plan
Looking forward to hear from you
Very Truly

Antonio at Perris California in Puebla, Mexico

41 months ago

Harrell in Sugar Land, Texas said: Hi Mary, NPTA, National Pharmacy Technician Association, has an ACPE Accredited IV Certification course in Houston. You can email me at hjones@asyntria.com and I'll send you the information about our program, along with information about our Chemo and Compounding Certification courses. Thanks,Harrell

We need to certify with health authorities our intravenous solution. Our technology is integrated by two unique and patented technologies, which deliver the best IV on the planet.
We are ready to move forward ASAP and include our new partner in our long term Business Plan
Looking forward to hear from you
Very Truly
Antonio Portilla

kim in Gaylord, Michigan

40 months ago

echenier in Missouri City, Texas said: I IV certify pharmacy tech. for $325. Please email me if you are interested at eechenier@aol.com
kcoff@iwon.com

Not_Interested in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

40 months ago

Hi all,
Wanting to inform everyone that I was a retail Pharm Tech for CVS and CVS paid for my PTCB license. I jumped on the chance when a job with the VA opened up and have been there for the last 5 months. They have trained me in the IV room so I can honestly say that I can add that to my resume when I'm looking for another job. I <3 working for the VA because of the pay and benefits! :)

With that said, all you need is to be state and nationally certified and you can pretty much get in. :)

Merly in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

What are the benefits of being iv certified? I'm very interested in doing it but its like way to expensive. so i just want to know what will i take from this. will i get paid more at a job? help?

40 months ago

ok how does this work, iv certification i mean. i've looked up the info and it seems like it costs an awful lot, but i am very interested in doing it. now i wonder how would this be beneficiary to me? will i get paid more? or will i only be more distinguished from my fellow techs.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

40 months ago

claire in Chicago, Illinois said: I am currently going to college to get my associates degree in science and then i plan on going to SIU to get my pharm D. I am 18 years old and I wanted to know if I could be a pharmacy technician right now and continue going to school to become a pharmacist.Im not sure where to begin...like do i need to get certified first or can i just apply at walgreens right now?

In order to work as a pharmacy technician in IL, you need to become licensed and certified. I recommend check with your college to see if they offer a pharmacy tech course, that way you can get credit for degree and find out if pharmacy is something you want to continue to study. Taking an accredited will also look good on your pharmacy school application.

nazanin in Canoga Park, California

40 months ago

Hi,I'm a certified pharmacy tech in los angeles I worked 6 months for a retail pharmacy,I want to know is that necessary to get IV certificate then apply for hospital,or it's just better to have this certificate?And if anyone know a school in Los Angeles?

40 months ago

nazanin in Canoga Park, California said: Hi,I'm a certified pharmacy tech in los angeles I worked 6 months for a retail pharmacy,I want to know is that necessary to get IV certificate then apply for hospital,or it's just better to have this certificate?And if anyone know a school in Los Angeles?

i am a pharm tech in los angeles. i started off in retail and ended up in the hospital environment, working in a respectable inpatient hospital. I am not iv certified. but i'm seeking to do so, just to be more distinguished i guess. i'm also looking to take the ptcb exam soon. i've been working at this facility for 6years and it was never a requirement for me to be certified. some hospitals do require it.

nazanin in Canoga Park, California

40 months ago

Tnx,so I will start applying for hospital soon,hopfully I can get a jobI'm tired of retail

mbhayani19@gmail.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

39 months ago

big6 in Houston, Texas said: I made the mistake of not completing the class and getting that IV part. I live in Houston and the only class i'm aware of so far is at University Of Houston offers a weekend ALL DAY clas for about 500 dollars. Thats what i plan on doin soon. I also want to get a job in the hospital.

Thank you for your information & I would like to do certification in IV, If you can provide me with more contact information of university please let me know. thank you so much.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

39 months ago

Wharton County Junior College also has a program with a great reputation

Joe in Brownsville, Texas

39 months ago

How do you get into a hospital setting with no experience only ptcb certified and iv certified. I dont want to work retail my whole career. How do you get experience if no one is hiring.

Eliza in Brenham, Texas

39 months ago

I contacted the University of Houston School of Pharmacy today, and the program director at the dean's office told me they no longer offer the IV certification :( I guess I will try elsewhere. Wharton County JC is $1500, Kaduceus (Houston) is $399 but only twice year. NPTA Houston runs $698 and all classes are sold out for 2011... It irks me that something that is becoming more and more required for CPhT's is so hard to get and the training opportunities is so limited. Anyway, Thinking about going to TRINU in Dallas their fees are $625 and I guess that's doable...

JK in El Campo, Texas

39 months ago

There's an IV/Aseptic certification (NPTA) class at the Alvin Community College in Alvin, TX. I took it last year and passed it. You may want to call the college. You can contact Dr. Boone who is in charge of the Pharmacy Technician Program. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dreby13 in San Jose, California

34 months ago

Does anyone know where around san jose, ca, can I go to get my iv certification. I've googled, but was unsuccessful finding a place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamie narcisse in Beaumont, Texas

34 months ago

lmoore420 said: I am enrolling in a pharmacy tech program right now but somebody told me they had alot of luck with online pharmacy tech programs. Has anybody gotten their degree with an online pharmacy tech program and was it easy or hard?
Lindsay[/QUOTEonline wasnt to helpful at all. I would rather have hands on experience in the class setting. Im refering to this because,i was given old pharmacy books instead of tje new edition to study from. I do plan though yo make a career out of this. I enjoy working with medicine, as well as.helping people.

nicole rosado in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

echenier in Missouri City, Texas said: I IV certify pharmacy tech. for $325. Please email me if you are interested at eechenier@aol.com

nicolerosado86@gmail.com i am intrested in getting iv certified i am already a certified pharmacy tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.