How does tech get IV certified?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 175 of 175)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Jamie narcisse in Beaumont, Texas

29 months ago

lmoore420 said: I am enrolling in a pharmacy tech program right now but somebody told me they had alot of luck with online pharmacy tech programs. Has anybody gotten their degree with an online pharmacy tech program and was it easy or hard?
Lindsay[/QUOTEonline wasnt to helpful at all. I would rather have hands on experience in the class setting. Im refering to this because,i was given old pharmacy books instead of tje new edition to study from. I do plan though yo make a career out of this. I enjoy working with medicine, as well as.helping people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nicole rosado in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

echenier in Missouri City, Texas said: I IV certify pharmacy tech. for $325. Please email me if you are interested at eechenier@aol.com

nicolerosado86@gmail.com i am intrested in getting iv certified i am already a certified pharmacy tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nicole rosado in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

Christie in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi Everyone,

My name is Christie and I teach the IV E-Course through Sterile Solutions. If you would like more information on what I teach and how I do it please visit my website at www.sterilesolutions.net you can read more about what I offer.

If you are interested just email me through the Contact Page and it will be sent to sterile.solutions@yahoo.com.

Thanks and have a good day,

Christie

nicolerosado86@gmail.com i am intrested in becoming iv certified i am already a certified pharmacy tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in San Diego, California

26 months ago

where I can take IV certification class at San Diego area? I'm a Cpht and PTCB/CA phlebotomist licenser. I want to get more credit to get a job. Doesn't it has online program can joing only? Anybody know will appreciate!

here in Austin, Texas

25 months ago

I'm looking for a program or course in New Jersey...any suggestions?

candi in Sacramento, California

25 months ago

Joe in Brownsville, Texas said: How do you get into a hospital setting with no experience only ptcb certified and iv certified. I dont want to work retail my whole career. How do you get experience if no one is hiring .

Any luck on this? A suggestion I have is to volunteer at a hospital. I know there is no pay involved, but it looks great on a resume, and they tend to look at volunteers first before outside applicants.. At least at the hospitals here..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

anita1977 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

24 months ago

Does anyone know where I can get IV certified here in Albuquerque, NM?

Algernon Bhoomz in Verona, New Jersey

24 months ago

You may want to try Pharmacytechnician.org. they offer a one week course which includes IV, Chemotherapy, and compounding....The only issue is that it is located in Houston Texas.

pat in Denton, Texas

22 months ago

Christie in Converse, Texas said: Hi Check out sterilesolutions.org

We train techs in IV's through an accredited ACPE course.

We can travel to your state.

Email me at sofia_dabalsa@yahoo.com for more info.

Can you come to Denton Texas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sterilesolutions in San Antonio, Texas

21 months ago

We have updated our services. Anyone interested in how to make IV's find us at sterilesolutions.net
Next class begins October 15, 2012.

pat in Denton, Texas

21 months ago

I want to start the Oct 15,2012 class.

Hal in Houston, Texas

21 months ago

sterilesolutions in San Antonio, Texas said: We have updated our services. Anyone interested in how to make IV's find us at sterilesolutions.net
Next class begins October 15, 2012.

I checked out your website and a couple of things caught my eye. First, your course is not ACPE accredited and I think that should be pointed out. Someone completing your course will not be Certified as an IV/Admixture Technician or Pharmacist. You also say there are no certifications for Technicians anywhere and that is not true. NPTA, the National Pharmacy Technician Association, has ACPE accredited courses in IV/ Sterile Products, as well as Chemo and non-sterile Compounding. In Texas, and some other states, it required to have the IV Certification to mix IV's in a hospital or other specialty pharmacy. When applying at most hospitals now, they are requiring the IV certification before they will hire you. With the ACPE Accredited Certification from NPTA, it is a National Certification and will travel with you if you change jobs. You can check out NPTA at www.pharmacytechnician.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Thank you Hal for your response. I don't think that you read my website. I clearly state that my course is not ACPE accredited here:www.sterilesolutions.net/iv-e-course.html It is under the FAQs of the IV Ecourse. I have no interest in deceiving students. I am upfront with each email I receive about what I do and what I offer. I have been an educator for ten years and have found that the online platform is the best way to reach those who desire this type of training. While NPTA offers and ACPE accredited course it is grossly overpriced! Make it more AFFORDABLE! As you know, ACPE is an accrediting body that sets a standard of training for companies that train technicians making IV's. It is very expensive to acquire that status so usually you see that in universities or maybe colleges. The thing is that few (NPTA) offer this course at that level. There are only a handful of companies that do so however you pay upwards of $700 and you must travel to that city to complete hands-on training. This is a disservice in my opinion to students who want to learn. That is why Sterile Solutions came up with this program. We are arming students with the information they need. Our program is small and we are providing information students need to put on a resume and show the employer that they have had some education in this area. Our instructors have have been trained through an ACPE accredited institution.No one seems to understand the need for this type of training for technicians and to keep it AFFORDABLE. Sterile Solutions is continuing doing what it can do to share our knowledge on the requested subjects and also be compensated for our expertise. Also I have sent a syllabus of content for the course to any employer that requests it. I have trained technicians all over the country and this works for their employers! If anyone is interested in speaking to any of our students feel free to ask many have agreed to share their experiences. My next class will begin October 15

21 months ago

pat in Denton, Texas said: I want to start the Oct 15,2012 class.

Hi Pat,

Please visit my website at sterilesolutions.net Under the IV ECourse please be sure to read the course description. Click on Registration and send me your registration form. I will be in touch shortly.

Sincerely
Sterile Solutions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TxTaxMaster in Arlington, Texas

21 months ago

I have to agree with Hal. The Texas state board requires that you have initial training in order to mix. It does not specify that the training must be ACPE accredited, however, if it is not, than you can only mix where you were trained, i.e. in house training. If the employers are happy with the training, they will not be happy when a state board auditor comes in and finds they are out of compliance. Regardless of what kind/quality of training you have obtained, be sure you are compliant with the law. An ACPE accredited course has been held to a certain national standard and is continually required to meet that standard. This is why it has the characteristic of portability across the country. FYI - TRINU Corporation has a course in Dallas that has been held for almost 20 years now (since the law was put into place) You can check out their website at www.TRINU.com

21 months ago

Hi there. In my professional experience most states are not as stringent as TEXAS. I have completed training with pharmacy technicians all over the country New York, Arizona, Connecticut just to name a few and have worked with state boards that are not as stringent. The majority of my students come from outside of Texas. I do work with some from Texas however I am upfront and honest about my course and what I offer. I currently have a couple of people from Paris, France interested in my course. My course is educational and is offered through the online platform. The resources you offer NPTA and TRINU are great resources for students who desire that route. The TRINU course is $650 dollars with ACPE stamp. My course is $139 with no stamp because I don't need it to share my knowledge. My E-Course is about introducing you to the world of Intravenous Admixtures. There are ten core areas we focus on that include: Pharmacy Terminology and Abbreviations, Basic Pharmaceutical Math, Infection Control, Sterilization Methods, Intravenous Admixtures Supplies and Equipment, Chemotherapy, Aseptic Preparation, Quality Control, USP 797 and Test Evaluation. The only claim I will make is that students will learn and enjoy it. I invite you to read my "What Students Say" tab on the website. These are given and posted by the permission of each student who writes to me. I think there are many different ways to get to the same place. Not everyone will see the value of my course, some think its a bit radical. I am ok with all of that because I know that I have made a difference for people putting it out there. I appreciate your comments. I stand behind my course, its content and the community that has supported it. Sincerely.

LINDAHURST@YMAIL.COM in Aurora, Illinois

21 months ago

sterilesolutions in San Antonio, Texas said: Thank you Hal for your response. I don't think that you read my website. I clearly state that my course is not ACPE accredited here: www.sterilesolutions.net/iv-e-course.html It is under the FAQs of the IV Ecourse. I have no interest in deceiving students. I am upfront with each email I receive about what I do and what I offer. I have been an educator for ten years and have found that the online platform is the best way to reach those who desire this type of training. While NPTA offers and ACPE accredited course it is grossly overpriced! Make it more AFFORDABLE! As you know, ACPE is an accrediting body that sets a standard of training for companies that train technicians making IV's. It is very expensive to acquire that status so usually you see that in universities or maybe colleges. The thing is that few (NPTA) offer this course at that level. There are only a handful of companies that do so however you pay upwards of $700 and you must travel to that city to complete hands-on training. This is a disservice in my opinion to students who want to learn. That is why Sterile Solutions came up with this program. We are arming students with the information they need. Our program is small and we are providing information students need to put on a resume and show the employer that they have had some education in this area. Our instructors have have been trained through an ACPE accredited institution.No one seems to understand the need for this type of training for technicians and to keep it AFFORDABLE. Sterile Solutions is continuing doing what it can do to share our knowledge on the requested subjects and also be compensated for our expertise. Also I have sent a syllabus of content for the course to any employer that requests it. I have trained technicians all over the country and this works for their employers! If anyone is interested in speaking to any of our students feel free to ask many have agreed to share their ex

LINDA AURORA IL in Aurora, Illinois

21 months ago

I would be interested in this class for sure I have looked all through the internet and like you said it is very expensive and i Haave been applying for certified Pharamacy tech jobs now for over a month and they all want iv fusion experieince i WOULD LOVE TO GET THE INFORMATION AND FIND OUT WHEN THE NEXT CLASS STRATS PLEASE

marinamartinez33@gmail.com in Hollywood, Florida

20 months ago

I learn a lot reading the comments. I`m Pharmacy Technician for 10 yrs.and I am looking as crazy where to get courses and is possible certification for IV,and compounding in South Florida, online or anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheena in Mount Prospect, Illinois

17 months ago

LINDA AURORA IL in Aurora, Illinois said: I would be interested in this class for sure I have looked all through the internet and like you said it is very expensive and i Haave been applying for certified Pharamacy tech jobs now for over a month and they all want iv fusion experieince i WOULD LOVE TO GET THE INFORMATION AND FIND OUT WHEN THE NEXT CLASS STRATS PLEASE

Hi Linda
I'm Also in IL state. I am interested to become a IV technician. if you start classes let me know which place did u start?

secretadmire89@yahoo.com in Tucson, Arizona

4 months ago

Any IV programs in Tucson AZ?

michaeljfairfax in Burke, Virginia

1 month ago

Late to the party, Hal, but hoping you could clear up a couple of points you raise -- I am an NPTA member and CPhT certified,and was dismayed by the fill-in-the-bubble context of the preparation materials and the exam itself. Where's the training needed to actually *do* USP 797 procedures and reliably punch capsules at production rates? If this is what NPTA is offering at the only approved course that I could find listed on the website, how is so much training being effectively jammed into two days?

Assuming the ACPE accredited providers you mention are the ones listed at www.acpe-accredit.org/ceproviders/default.asp -- is NPTA the only organization offering ACPE accredited training in compounding and sterile procedures?

Hal in Houston, Texas said: I checked out your website and a couple of things caught my eye. First, your course is not ACPE accredited and I think that should be pointed out. Someone completing your course will not be Certified as an IV/Admixture Technician or Pharmacist. You also say there are no certifications for Technicians anywhere and that is not true. NPTA, the National Pharmacy Technician Association, has ACPE accredited courses in IV/ Sterile Products, as well as Chemo and non-sterile Compounding. In Texas, and some other states, it required to have the IV Certification to mix IV's in a hospital or other specialty pharmacy. When applying at most hospitals now, they are requiring the IV certification before they will hire you. With the ACPE Accredited Certification from NPTA, it is a National Certification and will travel with you if you change jobs. You can check out NPTA at www.pharmacytechnician.org

Harrell in Sugar Land, Texas

1 month ago

michaeljfairfax in Burke, Virginia said: Late to the party, Hal, but hoping you could clear up a couple of points you raise -- I am an NPTA member and CPhT certified,and was dismayed by the fill-in-the-bubble context of the preparation materials and the exam itself. Where's the training needed to actually *do* USP 797 procedures and reliably punch capsules at production rates? If this is what NPTA is offering at the only approved course that I could find listed on the website, how is so much training being effectively jammed into two days?

Assuming the ACPE accredited providers you mention are the ones listed at www.acpe-accredit.org/ceproviders/default.asp -- is NPTA the only organization offering ACPE accredited training in compounding and sterile procedures?

Hi Michael, The training is located at our Houston headquarters. I'm a little confused by your question "Where's the training needed to actually *do* USP 797 procedures and reliably punch capsules at production rates?". If you would like to fill out the form for more information on our website, I will be glad to email you more information on our courses and also talk with you on the phone. We have small classes of 12 students maximum and they usually fill up a month or more in advance. We have people from all over the world come to us for their training. Pharmacists that have been making IVs for years always say they learn a lot in our class. Hospitals and pharmacies continue to repeatedly send their employees to us for the training. Also, there is plenty of time over the course of 2 days to learn the techniques used in sterile products preparations, so the material isn't "jammed" into the 2 days. NPTA isn't the only organization that offers these classes.

michaeljfairfax in Burke, Virginia

1 month ago

Harrell in Sugar Land, Texas said: Hi Michael, The training is located at our Houston headquarters. I'm a little confused by your question "Where's the training needed to actually *do* USP 797 procedures and reliably punch capsules at production rates?". If you would like to fill out the form for more information on our website, I will be glad to email you more information on our courses and also talk with you on the phone. We have small classes of 12 students maximum and they usually fill up a month or more in advance. We have people from all over the world come to us for their training. Pharmacists that have been making IVs for years always say they learn a lot in our class. Hospitals and pharmacies continue to repeatedly send their employees to us for the training. Also, there is plenty of time over the course of 2 days to learn the techniques used in sterile products preparations, so the material isn't "jammed" into the 2 days. NPTA isn't the only organization that offers these classes.

Confusion seems to be the order of the day here, Hal. I will fill out your website form, but doubt that two days will be worth my traveling 1400 miles, much less from "all over the world". Some sterile procedures of which I am aware would be cleaning vertical and horizontal hoods, preparing items that will be used in the process, and arranging and handling materials and tools -- that much I picked up from my successful prep for the CPhT exam using study guides and free online material. I would think that a qualified professional might have much more to offer ... but one question I would have about the Houston facilities would be the number and type of containment hoods available to the students?

Regarding other organizations, I did not find any other ACPE accredited programs offering the specialized certifications that NPTA does. Your organization is clearly leading the wave on this issue! Hopefully, industry and regulatory interest in hiring will follow.

Healthcare Careers Training Center in Atlanta, Georgia

21 days ago

Healthcare Careers Training Center in Fayetteville, GA (20 mins from downtown Atlanta) now offers the NPTA IV Certification that is offered in Houston, Texas. It is the same course and certification offered by NPTA. Healthcare Careers Training Center is a National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) Licensed Training Facility. www.heatlhcarectc.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.