I'm a new tech at Walmart pharmacy, i'm still confused on using the Connexus system such as billing problems and insurance info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 301)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

tlr5859 in Rockwall, Texas

56 months ago

acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: I need help in knowing how to be better at troubleshoot. Starting in June if stores haven't already started. We are suppose to input the sigs before the customer leaves the dropoff window. Today I had a rx for xopenex and a reject that said insurance allows 9.6 per day. ??? Things are going to change in June for Tech's drastically. I need to make sure that I have the troubleshoot figured out before June. I also have a staff pharmacist that has it in for me. When I do need help, I get in trouble for asking a question. So what is a person suppose to do.

The important thing about troubleshooting is that most of yall don't read both reject messages. By both I mean the one on the left side of screen AND the one on the right. The message telling you 9.6 per day is telling you that you have the wrong days supply input. Just because the computer calculated the days supply, does not mean it is correct. Most of the time inhalers and eye drops are miscalculated for days supply. Learn how many sprays are in a package and divide by the number of puffs per day. For eye drops, 1ML = approx 20 drops so a 3ML bottle of PATADAY yields 60 drops. Used one drop in each eye once a day means it is a 30 day supply.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Paul in Downey, California said: If the insurance doesn't cover the xophenex see if you can switch to the relion ventolin. It's cheaper. Put down 24 but dispense 8. We only charge $9 (60 puffs) for that and they can pick up the rest later. Sometimes it gets too busy to do all the typing at once. Just scan everything in and type later.

Once your store changes to the new way of doing things, you will be required to drop the prescription, type it while customer waits and then check if it goes thru to ins. The whole idea is to have it adjudicate before it goes to 4 point. This is so the customer know how much it will be and if there4 are any problems that need to be addressed before than can return to pick it up. I know it sounds like a pain, but we have been doing this for a year now and it is much better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

rere09 in Frederick, Maryland said: How do you become certified to work as a pharmacy technician in walmart, what test do i take? how do i access the test, etc.

GO TO WWW.PTCB.ORG FOR CERTIFICATION INFORMATION. GOOD LUCK TO YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

paul in Meridian, Idaho said: I am a new tech to walmart and would like to know if connexus has a book of sig codes, or as I like to call them, "cheats" or "hot sigs". The sig part is way different than what I am used to and i hate to always have to type FF then the sig free hand. If there is a print out or a book that can be obtained that lists these that would be sweet.

When you are in the sig field there is a little icon you can click on to the right. It will open a new window where you can type in what you want to say. If there is a code for it, it will bring it up on screen. I don't remember if you can print the sig code list from there or from the wire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

cindy in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: I started working at Walmart a couple months ago, my co-worker said that towards the end of the shift when patients are asked to pick up their meds the next day, in connexus you have "Tommorow" and " Will Pick Up" my co-worker insists that I scan the rx's with the "Will Pick UP" even though customers will come in the next day to pick up their meds, she won't give me an explanation, can anybody?

Depending on how busy your store is, TOMORROW will not come up the next day till after the IN STORE, DR CALL or WILL PICK UP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pchmarsha in San Luis Obispo, California

56 months ago

hello i work for wal-mart as a technician also

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

56 months ago

Has anyone heard about the test that we have to take in June? It will be a CBL type and testing us for accuracy and speed, is what I heard. I would like to know what else we will be tested on . Rumor has it that 25% tech's may loose their tech jobs. Is this true ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TXTech in Rockwall, Texas

56 months ago

acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Has anyone heard about the test that we have to take in June? It will be a CBL type and testing us for accuracy and speed, is what I heard. I would like to know what else we will be tested on . Rumor has it that 25% tech's may loose their tech jobs. Is this true ??

Yes, this is true. It is called an accountability test. Gone will be the days of dumb techs who only know how to count pills. You will need to know how to type the rx accurately, identify the drug, troubleshoot and insurance billing. If you don't know it you better study. If you fail, you are supposed to have 90 days to improve and pass with a certain score or you will be moved to another dept or laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Pico Rivera, California

56 months ago

Sounds harsh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Paul in Pico Rivera, California said: Sounds harsh.

It is harsh, but necessary. Too many errors happening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Oh yeah, people are dying left and right. Besides, how would you know? Do you monitor all the mistakes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Well, I haven't of this change yet and usually we try to type everything at once. However, sometimes the lines are long. We just tell the people to come back in 15 minutes to see if the insurance went through.

56 months ago

Paul in Pico Rivera, California said: Oh yeah, people are dying left and right. Besides, how would you know? Do you monitor all the mistakes?

No, I don't "monitor" all the mistakes, but I am the one who is ALWAYS at the window. Every time my pharmacist four points a script and there is an error, I am the one who fixes it. I always look at the activity log to see if it was an error that I made. 99.99% of the time it is one of my co-workers. I have a tech who has been there 14 years. She is constantly asking "What does this say?" "How many days is this?" "Why won't this go thru on insurance?". She does it right in front of the customer which in my opinion makes her look stupid. I have been doing this for 31 years now, so I think I am quite capable of making the comment about all the errors. My store has been a pilot store for the last year and I have worked very closely with the DM's involved in making these changes. My goal is to be totally error free. Oh, and we fill 700 to 1000 scripts a day. We have 7 techs and 2 tech trainees, plus 3 cashiers. We also have 4 pharmacists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

O.k. Is she immune to learning? Fourteen years is a long time. Was she trained properly? There's always room for improvement. Error-free might be like peace in the middle east though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Also, how is it you fix all mistakes? Maybe if your co-workers fixed their own mistakes they might avoid them in the future. Just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Paul in Pico Rivera, California said: O.k. Is she immune to learning? Fourteen years is a long time. Was she trained properly? There's always room for improvement. Error-free might be like peace in the middle east though.

Yes, she is immune to learning. It took her 4 tries to pass the PTCB test. She never highlights troubleshoot when she is at the computer. All she wants to do is count pills. We have a guy there who wants nothing to do with the computer either.

They are give the errors to fix, but they cannot see where they made a mistake. It is really sad. I started at the bottom and learned everything I know by WANTING to learn. They just don't care. I do all the ordering, returns, etc. I've been on vacation, hate to see what I am coming back to on Monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Wow, that's too bad. I've been working only over a year. There's a lot to pay attention to and the best I can do is try to fix my mistakes while I can. Sorry to hear about your situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

TXTech in Rockwall, Texas said: Yes, she is immune to learning. It took her 4 tries to pass the PTCB test. She never highlights troubleshoot when she is at the computer. All she wants to do is count pills. We have a guy there who wants nothing to do with the computer either.

They are give the errors to fix, but they cannot see where they made a mistake. It is really sad. I started at the bottom and learned everything I know by WANTING to learn. They just don't care. I do all the ordering, returns, etc. I've been on vacation, hate to see what I am coming back to on Monday.

My problem is when I ask a question to this one pharmacist, she always gets mad, but another tech can ask the same thing and doesn't get mad. How can a person learn something if you can't ask questions. I really was never trained properly on troubleshooting and insurance problems. I have asked to be sent to another pharmacy to get more training in that area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Terrell, Texas

55 months ago

acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: My problem is when I ask a question to this one pharmacist, she always gets mad, but another tech can ask the same thing and doesn't get mad. How can a person learn something if you can't ask questions. I really was never trained properly on troubleshooting and insurance problems. I have asked to be sent to another pharmacy to get more training in that area.

If you want, we can chat via IM and I will try to help you. Troubleshooting is really not hard, connexus and the ins co give you the solution most of the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Paul in Downey, California said: If the insurance doesn't cover the xophenex see if you can switch to the relion ventolin. It's cheaper. Put down 24 but dispense 8. We only charge $9 (60 puffs) for that and they can pick up the rest later. Sometimes it gets too busy to do all the typing at once. Just scan everything in and type later.

Once your store changes to the new format, you will HAVE to type all rx at the time they are given to you at the drop-off window. Doesn't matter when the patient will pick up. If they are live in front of you, you MUST type their rx's then and there. My store has been doing this for almost a year now. Only bad part is it goes from input to fill THEN 4 point and visual are done at the same time. If the input person made an error, it gets sent to be fixed and then has to be relabeled or refilled again. It has it's good points, but also bad points.

Kevin in San Diego, California

55 months ago

I recently dropped off a prescription which indicated 3 refills, but when I checked the status online it said 17! Is this a human error or something with my doctor?

55 months ago

Maybe 14 of them were expired.

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

Paul in Pico Rivera, California said: Maybe 14 of them were expired.

Would you mind telling us what your starting hourly is? I was told it would be 13.50.

55 months ago

$12/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Santa Fe, New Mexico

55 months ago

Paul in Pico Rivera, California said: $12/hr.

I started out with 1 1/2 experience at $15.00 HR

Cathy W in Bridgeport, Connecticut

55 months ago

What are the educational and licensing requirements for a pharmacy technician at Wal-Mart and what are the job responsibilites?

von1102 in Wentzville, Missouri

55 months ago

I've been with Walmart almost 6 years and when they combined all the depts I went from Dept. Mgr. to Pharmacy tech and lost 40cents an hour. Should be an increase with the importance and responsibility of the job.

missy in Hazleton, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

rosebud in Richmond, Virginia said: that pay really sucks. i am a certified pharmacy tech at walmart and only make ten an hr. all the things i have to do and know when a patient comes to my window not to mention everything else we should make eighteen and hr. I use to work production and made seventeen. what we do is crutual. we help people we work in medicine. you should be making twenty five for what you do. I just think all of us should go on strike one city or state at a time. doctors get paid really high. they need us all of them, everywhere. pharmacist make alot of money even at walmart but us tech get low pay. we do everything. get back with me.

hey, i only make $8.50/hour at cvs. hazleton pa. never come here.

Jmgonza in Katy, Texas

54 months ago

its true we do all the work, always on the move, I get pay $12 but still is not enough without counting all the nights i have to closed by myself come on?!?!? hopefully one day they will increase our pay.

toribush40 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

54 months ago

I have my technician permit in Ar. and have tried to get on with Walmart, in store and on line.
Anyone have any ideas?

54 months ago

toribush40 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas said: I have my technician permit in Ar. and have tried to get on with Walmart, in store and on line.
Anyone have any ideas?

Unfortunately there is no magic way. I suggest going and talking to the pharmacist, not just once, repeatedly. You never know when there is an opening. Stop by once a week or two. Remind he/she who you are. Give them a copy of you resume. Sell yourself.

Hope this helps.

Paul in Whittier, California

54 months ago

Apply online and hand them or fax them your resume.

toribush40 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

54 months ago

Thanks,
I am already doing this, but will keep trying.

BetThePharm in Olathe, Kansas

54 months ago

I think a majority of the changes will be good, being able to give price quotes will be great. I really don't find our job to be all that difficult and I've only been a tech for 2 years. You want more money, get an education and earn it, stop whining and being ungrateful for what you have. No one is entitled to anything especially a job that might endanger others if you don't know what your doing. Any tech who is concerned they won't be able to pass doesn't deserve to be back there and is just a burden. My main concern about the combination of drop-off/input is the mean of happiness on speed & convenience for our customers. Being close to a hospital we deal with a lot of discharge patients(10+ prescriptions) and we haven't undergone a remodel. We still just have one window that functions as a drop-off/input station, this could definitely spell trouble for us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Going to an SOP meeting today at 1pm, any one have some suggestions for me to bring up in the meeting?

54 months ago

So, June is over and no accountability test. What happened ?

Paul in Downey, California

54 months ago

It's Wal-Mart.

tlb5859 in Texas

54 months ago

tlb5859 in Terrell, Texas said: Going to an SOP meeting today at 1pm, any one have some suggestions for me to bring up in the meeting?

Well that meeting was a waste of time. All she did was tell us how to input and fill scripts "the walmart way" so as not to make errors.

tlb5859 in Texas

54 months ago

acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: So, June is over and no accountability test. What happened ?

I guess they make us wait. This was supposed to go down in Jan of this year, then got moved to June. Now, who knows. They are too busy working on central fill.

she she

53 months ago

Hey all!

I just got hired as a pharm tech. I was really surpurised at how low the starting pay was. I finished my pharm tech course in may and just got hired. Everyone wants experience! So I was wondering what I should expect from working at walmart? Do you guys enjoy working there? I see a lot of people hating their jobs at cvs. Here's hoping walmart won't be as bad

tlb5859 in Texas

53 months ago

she she said: Hey all!

I just got hired as a pharm tech. I was really surpurised at how low the starting pay was. I finished my pharm tech course in may and just got hired. Everyone wants experience! So I was wondering what I should expect from working at walmart? Do you guys enjoy working there? I see a lot of people hating their jobs at cvs. Here's hoping walmart won't be as bad

I took a $4/hr cut in pay when I started at Walmart in 2007. I am first now making what I made in 1999 at Albertsons. Be glad you got a job in these hard times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Downey, California

53 months ago

I'm lucky I like all the people I work with. It took me a while to learn the job because more time was spent working than training. In my case I'm happy to be employed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

liza in Killeen, Texas

52 months ago

Jbell822 in Tyrone, Pennsylvania said: i am doing an online course for pharmacy technician right now..i cant go to a real school class because i have to work for my wife and child..i have about 5 months till ill complete this course..with pharamcys still hire me even tho i havent finished my course yet?

yes you can get hired somewhere as a trainee but you would still have to register in your state... then when you get certified you would switch your registration

Joe in Albuquerque, New Mexico

52 months ago

My experience as I also completed a six month online course, interviewers tend to regard your online training vs classroom education as less than equal, just beaware.

disgruntled employee in Roseville, California

52 months ago

Similar to some previous posts in this thread, I am having issues asking questions to the pharmacist, techs, and other associates. It is my first week working at wal-mart, I have ZERO previous training, and yet, I am still getting pulled aside by the pharmacist over me and threatened because I haven't mastered my job yet. I've been learning at a ridiculous pace and only have issues with a few troubleshoots and some insurance details. I'm paid $8.00 HR as a "sales associate" doing every single thing a tech does; having recently separated from the Army i find this insulting, but of course, being the only job offer I've gotten in six months I will continue my job there. If anyone can assist with some connexus and tasco tips it would be much appreciated, I can't even print out the information on the wire because they know that I will read it off of the clock, which is a violation of wal-mart company policy, so I've been restricted from doing so.

52 months ago

For insurance cards use the BIN and PCN whenever possible and look for little clues on the card to help. Use F2 to accept and F3 to close something. Control O for fax outbox. Learn how to calculate days supply. Insurance only pays for 30 days anyway. I got a cheat sheet for the insurance I carry and it's tattered but it's like my security blanket. I took a bunch of punishment and there's probably more on the way. After you've survived a while the pharmacist will get to know what a great person you are and have some mercy on you. Try to write everything down that you learn. Sometimes it takes a few times to learn something though. It does for me but hopefully you're smart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Taos, New Mexico

52 months ago

good luck, I quit because of Walmarts BS

disgruntled employee in Roseville, California

52 months ago

Thanks for the tips, we're an extremely busy pharmacy so I don't know that I'll have the time to write things down as we seldom have a slowdown in customers but I'll do what I can. As for joe, I might follow your lead if this keeps up, I now have the zone manager wanting me to be a stocker when the pharmacy manager hired me to, of course, work the pharmacy.

52 months ago

O.k. everybody, my secret tips. Tell no one. Life comes first and work comes second. Either that or you might as well end it now. Get a little spiral notebook that fits in your pocket. When the pharmacist shows you something you say, "Let me write this down." As far as being busy, that's understandable. But once in a while you gotta make the customer's suffer. I'll clarify that; let them f*cking wait. Don't stand there smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer, but if you gotta hang medications on the rack or write down a note, they can suck off. The pharmacist can suck off too. They're gonna look at you crossed-eyed but they won't fire you. If you need your job keep it. You'd have to burn down the pharmacy to lose it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tanyasu in New Iberia, Louisiana

52 months ago

Paul in Downey, California said: Two days ago, Downey, I live in Downey and work at the Walmart in Santa Fe Springs. I've been there about a month.

do you know your wal mart is hiring im in need of empoyment and i have my license. thanks in advance.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.