I'm a new tech at Walmart pharmacy, i'm still confused on using the Connexus system such as billing problems and insurance info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 322)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Paul in Whittier, California

49 months ago

Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is real. I guess it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nozumba in Plano, Texas

48 months ago

wow why dont you guys just go to cvs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pharmie in Fayette, Missouri

48 months ago

paul in Meridian, Idaho said: I am a new tech to walmart and would like to know if connexus has a book of sig codes, or as I like to call them, "cheats" or "hot sigs". The sig part is way different than what I am used to and i hate to always have to type FF then the sig free hand. If there is a print out or a book that can be obtained that lists these that would be sweet.

a sig code list is located on the WIRE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

pharmie in Fayette, Missouri

48 months ago

paul in Meridian, Idaho said: I am a new tech to walmart and would like to know if connexus has a book of sig codes, or as I like to call them, "cheats" or "hot sigs". The sig part is way different than what I am used to and i hate to always have to type FF then the sig free hand. If there is a print out or a book that can be obtained that lists these that would be sweet.

a sig code list is located on the WIRE just search for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Texas

48 months ago

Paul, go to the wire, search CONNEXUS SIG CODES. From there you can print out a list.

kanaka54 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

47 months ago

new to this forum - enjoy reading the comments and sharing information.

47 months ago

Anybody know about the change from the old CBL training to the new GLOBAL LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM? It looks as though all your old work completed via CBLs didn't migrate over to the new system . . . hope they get that fixed - I don't want to take all those 90 + CBLs over again! And the Connexus Input training module is useless! How are you supposed to know WHAT you're doing wrong if there is no feedback mechanism?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Downey, California

47 months ago

I think they fixed the GLS. The connexus training blah, blah, blah: it would have been great when I started two years ago.

Lynn in Aurora, Missouri

46 months ago

Hi there, I was hired on at Wal-Mart as a Pharmacy Tech after having worked at CVS. Everyone here is stating that they get paid 12/hr starting. Is that if you are certified with PTCB or is that State Certified? I used to be certified with PTCB but after some issues with my DM at CVS I let it lapse and took the step down. I was wondering if it was worth plunking down the fee for the test if there really is a pay hike involved at Wal-Mart. And as for some of the comments. Yikes! There needs to be some better over site as some of these pharmacies. I was a Lead Tech and everyone at the CVS I worked with was trained and knew their stuff. I figured that was par for the course before they let you near the fill area. If people are getting through the CBL's at Wal-Mart and still don't know their sigs or how to input the info what good are they? Scary...

Acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

46 months ago

Are you the tech allowed to use the bathroom that is in the pharmacy ? Ever since our store opened we were allowed to, but just recently they are now making us use the front bathrooms in the store. This is because some Tech's were caught stealing. I want to know if this is company wide or just district wide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

We are not allowed to use the bathroom in-pharmacy either (because of the DM's decision), nor are we allowed to hace any food/drink in the pharmacy area. We also cannot wear jackets or sweaters w/ pockets. I don't think its a company wide policy, but our two local stores fall under the same DM.

tlr5859 in Forney, Texas

46 months ago

It's the same everywhere.

tlr5859 in Forney, Texas

46 months ago

Acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Are you the tech allowed to use the bathroom that is in the pharmacy ? Ever since our store opened we were allowed to, but just recently they are now making us use the front bathrooms in the store. This is because some Tech's were caught stealing. I want to know if this is company wide or just district wide.

It is company wide.

46 months ago

We use the bathroom.

RCC student in Medford, Oregon

46 months ago

rosebud in Richmond, Virginia said: that pay really sucks. i am a certified pharmacy tech at walmart and only make ten an hr. all the things i have to do and know when a patient comes to my window not to mention everything else we should make eighteen and hr. I use to work production and made seventeen. what we do is crutual. we help people we work in medicine. you should be making twenty five for what you do. I just think all of us should go on strike one city or state at a time. doctors get paid really high. they need us all of them, everywhere. pharmacist make alot of money even at walmart but us tech get low pay. we do everything. get back with me.

I agree, I'm a pharmacy tech at walmart and there are a lot of things for the tech to do there. Pharmacy Techs who are certified should start at $18 experienced top $25.00 at least. For all the work we do and stress to deal with. WE ALL SHOULD GO ON STRIKE... would love to walmart's customers face on a Monday morning..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lang in San Gabriel, California

46 months ago

Yeah, we should go on strike. We do a lot of insurance information problems that are difficult and stressful. I think we should start at least 14an hr, especially since we're one of the biggest retail pharmacy in the U.S. Heck, at kaiser hospital, there pharmacy CLERKS(14.00) make more starting than a pharm tech at walmart.

Lang in San Gabriel, California

46 months ago

RCC student in Medford, Oregon said: I agree, I'm a pharmacy tech at walmart and there are a lot of things for the tech to do there. Pharmacy Techs who are certified should start at $18 experienced top $25.00 at least. For all the work we do and stress to deal with. WE ALL SHOULD GO ON STRIKE... would love to walmart's customers face on a Monday morning..

I think we should since we do a lot of difficult work with such low pay. Kaiser pays there clerks 14 an hr, and that's more than a pharmacy tech at walmart. How sad is that? We're one of the biggest retail pharmacy in the country too!

rxtech in Oneida, New York

46 months ago

vincent in San Bernardino, California said: What are the steps to solve billing problems such as INCORRECT NDC NUMBER, REFILL TOO SOON, etc. or anything else would be helpful? thanks for the replies.

Incorrect NDC may mean that the insurance you are using does not pay for that manufacturer. Drop down the NDC box & pick a different manufacturer and that may solve your problem. As far as refill too soon if it is for a vacation you may be able to call the insurance for a vacation override, some of the insurances will do that.

46 months ago

vincent in San Bernardino, California said: What are the steps to solve billing problems such as INCORRECT NDC NUMBER, REFILL TOO SOON, etc. or anything else would be helpful? thanks for the replies.

Go into F9 & drop down the NDC box. You may be able to pick another manufacturer they pay for. Some will still require prior auth. On a refill too soon the insurance gives rejections on when they will pay again. Some people will pay for them without the insurance and if they are going on vacation, calling the insurance they may be able to do an override.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

You can go into F9 & drop down the NDC box to another manufacturer. Some insurances will only pay for certain ones. You may have to do a prior authorization too.

46 months ago

Paul in Whittier, California said: I don't know if this was already posted, but what are AB rated generics? And, again, tell them to stop yelling or you'll contact their supervisor that they're harassing you.

www.biotechmedia.com/definitions-a.html
This is the actual defination for ab rating

46 months ago

Kevin in San Diego, California said: I recently dropped off a prescription which indicated 3 refills, but when I checked the status online it said 17! Is this a human error or something with my doctor?

It may be because the original prescription was written for more than your insurance allows at the retail level. Anything above that gets added into the refill amount.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RCC student in Medford, Oregon

46 months ago

The Country and Worlwide too. Walmart is everywhere. When I was going to school to be a Pharmacy Tech. I did an intership at a local( small pharmacy)this Pharmacy had a cutting edge technology called The Parata System( Automated refill system). I can not believe that Walmart's Pharmacies still using the old method (by hand). "Come on Wal mart".( Number 1 retail in the Country). Will all the money they make in profits, Wal-mart could provide this system to all its pharmacies.Less work for all of us techs and more money for wal-mart in profits. My pharmacy runs an average of 400 to 500 rxs in a 10 hrs shift. This system could cut it in half and less stress for techs and pharmacist.

tlb5859 in Texas

46 months ago

RCC student in Medford, Oregon said: The Country and Worlwide too. Walmart is everywhere. When I was going to school to be a Pharmacy Tech. I did an intership at a local( small pharmacy)this Pharmacy had a cutting edge technology called The Parata System( Automated refill system). I can not believe that Walmart's Pharmacies still using the old method (by hand). "Come on Wal mart".( Number 1 retail in the Country). Will all the money they make in profits, Wal-mart could provide this system to all its pharmacies.Less work for all of us techs and more money for wal-mart in profits. My pharmacy runs an average of 400 to 500 rxs in a 10 hrs shift. This system could cut it in half and less stress for techs and pharmacist.

Are you kidding me? If they replace tech work with a machine, they won't need us as much and then we would have hours cut. Don't let a machine take your place. My store fills almost 700 scripts a day. We have 7 techs, 2 tech trainees and 3 cashiers. Also 3 f/t pharmacists and one p/t pharmacist.

Acts1614 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

45 months ago

RCC student in Medford, Oregon said: I agree, I'm a pharmacy tech at walmart and there are a lot of things for the tech to do there. Pharmacy Techs who are certified should start at $18 experienced top $25.00 at least. For all the work we do and stress to deal with. WE ALL SHOULD GO ON STRIKE... would love to walmart's customers face on a Monday morning..

Don't forget about being short staffed. Our pharmacy only has 6 techs, and loosing one to a leave of absence, bringing to 5 mid august. Now,vacations may be put on hold because of it. I have 10 hours to use before 9/10. I want the time off not the extra money in my check. Any other pharmacies operating with little help?

newtech in Beaumont, Texas

45 months ago

I am a new hire because two techs left. one went to pharmacy school, and i think one is going to nursing school. I did do the CBL's but most of them do not help with my work. yesterday was my first day and i did filling.

peas in Norfolk, Virginia

45 months ago

how do I return the out of dates help please new tech

45 months ago

Return outdates to Genco? You have to have access to their website. If you have that let me know.

tlb5859 in Texas

45 months ago

HOW TO RETURN OUT OF DATES TO GENCO

To return outdates to GENCO, log on to the WIRE. Search for GENCO. Once at website you will have to log in. Login will be wm#### (#### = your store number. Password is the same. Once logged in click on the blue down arrow on the left side of screen. It will open another menu, select online inventory (I think that's what it says). From that point you will enter the NDC number. If it's in a stock bottle click the down arrow and indicate whether it is a full pack, or partial, then the # of pills in bottle. BE SURE TO WRITE THE QTY OF PILLS OR # OF MLS OF LIQUID ON THE BOTTLE so GENCO will know which pkg matches the line. If it is a prescription vial (from a RETURN TO STOCK), click PHARMACY REPACK and the proceed as above.

When you have finished entering all your return items click SUBMIT. You will then have the ability to print a UPS label. PRINT 2 OF THEM, one for box and one for your records, Also, print 3 copies of the return, on for pharmacy to keep, one goes in box with return and one goes to the person in the ad office.

Hope this has helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

wmp in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

kanaka54 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: We are not allowed to use the bathroom in-pharmacy either (because of the DM's decision), nor are we allowed to hace any food/drink in the pharmacy area. We also cannot wear jackets or sweaters w/ pockets. I don't think its a company wide policy, but our two local stores fall under the same DM.

This is a company thing, at my store we were told this, but the manager doesn't mind it's wasteful to leave the pharmacy to the back of the store for the bathroom, but still no drinks, chips and etc...

CPhT Instructor in Albuquerque, New Mexico

44 months ago

AMY in Warwick, Rhode Island said: A BOOK FROM UR LOCAL BOOK STORE AND KNOW THE LAW FOR UR STATE

Go to PTCB website and order their study materials. When you feel you are ready, then go take the exam. WaaLaa!

DJ in Mobile, Alabama

44 months ago

i went to school, graduated in top3percent of my class, and was one of the first to pass the CPhT exam in my state in mid-1990's. I tried for 2 years to get a local(mobile, alabama) tech job. Local hospitals apparently weren't interested. I surmise that, my being a male, was the most practical reason i couldn't get work. Most pharmacists are males, and enjoy the perk of hiring a cute, untrained teenage girl.
I found only jobs delivering meds2pt's homes.
Finally, i ended up moving to Oregon. Found a nice tech job there at a retail pharmacy. Started off at 8.90 per hour.
Summary lesson to take from this story:
(1) Men have an uphill battle, if striving towards a tech's career.
(2) Appreciate what little chance one receives.

Hope this helps those who feel underpaid, or the like. If there's a moment where you're undervalued, remember this: Doing a good job without concerns of being underpaid speaks volumes of oneself. Do you choose to value the character built by hard work? Or is comparing your life with others' lives a profitable venture?
It's just food for thought...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ex RCC Student. in Medford, Oregon

44 months ago

You right, most pharmacist are males and enjoy untrain cute girls.I was just recently working at a Walmart Pharmacy. Same story there, there was a young girl just graduated from High School. This person is not national certified nor state. My question is: When I was searching for a Pharmacy tech job every pharmacist asked me the same thing "Are you state registered? Are you National Certified?(it had to be because IM a male). Pharmacist decide who they want to hire no matter what, whether you went to school or not.For those interested in becaming pharmacy tech, don't waste money on college or online programs. Thes best way, do the Walgreen Pharmacy tech program. Walgreen gives everything needed to became a sucessful Tech in few month and a Job that pays more than any other retail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

tlb5859 in Forney, Texas

44 months ago

Ms.WishSheKnewItAll in Harker Heights, Texas said: hi im a newly certified technician at walmart but have cashiered for 1 yr + training for another year..
drugs you need to call the dr to get the permission to dispense the generic on are called non-ab rated drugs, its like saying the generic brand is a "fraternal twin" instead of "identical" in drug composition and/or how it helps the patients with their illness/sympotms a.k.a "non-therapeutically equivalent"; these are merely alternatives not generics substitutions. all the non-ab rated drugs i know of are
1. lomotil (diphenoxylate-atropine)
2. pyridium (Phenazopyridine)- VERY COMMON FOR ER PATIENT WITH NAUSEA/VOMITING USUALLY COMES WITH VICODIN MED ON RX
3. robitussion AC (Cheratussion AC)- ER COMMON ALSO
4. rondec dm (ceron-dm)
5. levsin (Hyoscyamine)
6. salex cream (Salicylic Acid crm)

i believe if youre inputing in connexus you should see the codes used by the FDA to determine if a drug is ab rated or not(BC, BD, BE, BN, BP, BR, BS, BT, BX, or B)
also, your pharmacy should keep a book of non-ab rated drug approvals given by the dr's in your area (with the date and person you spoke with on the phone) so that you dont have to keep calling when the drug comes from that clinic/hospital again. if you have to call, try to get "blanket approvals" for all non-ab rated drugs, most dr's will ok these for retail pharmacies.

Pyridium is a urinary tract analgesic agent. It stops the burning and the urgency to go.

Grammar Police in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

rosebud in Richmond, Virginia said: I use to work production and made seventeen. what we do is crutual. we help people we work in medicine. you should be making twenty five for what you do. I just think all of us should go on strike one city or state at a time. doctors get paid really high. they need us all of them, everywhere. pharmacist make alot of money even at walmart but us tech get low pay. we do everything. get back with me.

I rewrote this for you so you can understand why you're not making eighteen dollars per hour.

that pay really sucks. "That pay really sucks."

i am a certified pharmacy tech at walmart and only make ten an hr. "I am a certified pharmacy tech at Walmart and I only make ten dollars per hour."

all the things i have to do and know when a patient comes to my window not to mention everything else we should make eighteen and hr. "I believe we should make $18/hour because of all the things we are required to know and do for the patients when they come to our window."

Apparently spelling and grammar aren't things you are required to know. Hope that cleared things up for you regarding the salary gap. Happy studying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Grammar Police in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

rosebud in Richmond, Virginia said: I use to work production and made seventeen. what we do is crutual. we help people we work in medicine. you should be making twenty five for what you do. I just think all of us should go on strike one city or state at a time. doctors get paid really high. they need us all of them, everywhere. pharmacist make alot of money even at walmart but us tech get low pay. we do everything. get back with me.

I rewrote this for you so you can understand why you're not making eighteen dollars per hour.

that pay really sucks. "That pay really sucks."

i am a certified pharmacy tech at walmart and only make ten an hr. "I am a certified pharmacy tech at Walmart and I only make ten dollars per hour."

all the things i have to do and know when a patient comes to my window not to mention everything else we should make eighteen and hr. "I believe we should make $18/hour because of all the things we are required to know and do for the patients when they come to our window."

Apparently spelling and grammar aren't things you are required to know. Hope that cleared things up for you regarding the salary gap. Happy studying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

totally agree with you. We all should go on a strike, we defently need a LIDER on this..we should act now. I recently quitte my job as a pharmacy tech at a superwalmart, now I have a new profession that pays a lot more than the pharmacy field Weekends off and no stress. For all those pharmacy outhere is messege a for YOU. Let come together in unity and demend a more reasonable paying wages. I doing my part but not working in my field until wages are more reasonable.( trust me it works, just we need more people to do open their eyes. good luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmacy in Grand Rapids, Michigan

43 months ago

I hate to change the subject here but you all seem to have quite the experience working in Walmart Pharmacy.

Here is my dilemma:

Im having difficulties passing the Anti-kickback cbl! Has anyone had this trouble before?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

43 months ago

MR in Coppell, Texas said: To be a Pharmacy Tech what are the steps? Which book I should buy, then what should I do?

There are a number of ways to prepare for certification, check out my blog for advice blog.mkedu.org/bid/73936/Ways-to-prepare-for-Pharmacy-Technician-Certification

43 months ago

Yeah, the anti-kickback. What were the choices?

Pharmacy in Grand Rapids, Michigan

43 months ago

Well, here is the one of the questions:

The exchange of which of these for a referral can be construed as a kickback?

Select ALL your answers

1. An offer to provide you a discount
2. Pens or marketing info with tenants logo
3. Telephone numbers
4. Bringing a surprise such as donuts or flowers
5. An expectation of future business
6. Taking someone out for lunch.

You can select more than one answer. Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

I put all of the above. You know they don't provide feedback so I wasn't 100% sure on that one. Anything could be a kick back, I guess even phone numbers. The one about the pharmacist suggesting the customer go to the vision center is o.k.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mike in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

Im a pharmacy technician at walmart and they started me off with $22.25 an hour. I've made better, not trying to rub it in or anything....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

mike in San Antonio, Texas

43 months ago

Im a pharmacy technician at walmart and they started me off with $22.25 an hour. I've made better, not trying to rub it in or anything....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

armymom in Concord, North Carolina

43 months ago

JohnS in Denver, Colorado said: Ask your co-workers, thats what they are there for.

for the life of me, i do not see why people get jobs, then post on a forum asking for help on how to do the job...ask the people who hired you...

I work for walmart and do find that you have to learn as you go...the other techs and pharmacist are helpful but its hands on that really have helped me. Use the f6 key for most of the looking up of people and f7 can help alot. F9 just let you go in and change despensed amount. Use drop off key to for looking up people and if you cant find them, always try birth date. Good luck and just practice thats how i have learned most of it!! It is challenging at times, it has been my weakest point also!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

wow, that's is a really good pay. I'm moving to Texas. (may I ask, how long have you been a pharmacy tech? and did you go to College?.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

43 months ago

MR in Coppell, Texas said: To be a Pharmacy Tech what are the steps? Which book I should buy, then what should I do?

Check out my blog on becoming a certified pharm tech- blog.mkedu.org/bid/73936/Ways-to-prepare-for-Pharmacy-Technician-Certification

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Walmart Technician in Forney, Texas

43 months ago

mike in San Antonio, Texas said: Im a pharmacy technician at walmart and they started me off with $22.25 an hour. I've made better, not trying to rub it in or anything....

There is no way you started out with $22.25 an hour. I have over 25 years experience, PTCB certified since 1995 and I do not make that much. Walmart starts their certified technicians at $11.25 an hour. I am way over that of course, as I have been there a long time.

Don't try to tell this baloney to people that have just hired on with Walmart. They might be gullible, but I am not.

Walmart DOES NOT pay their technicians that kind of starting salary. Do not believe this man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

rph888 in Madison, Alabama

43 months ago

rosebud in Richmond, Virginia said: that pay really sucks. i am a certified pharmacy tech at walmart and only make ten an hr. all the things i have to do and know when a patient comes to my window not to mention everything else we should make eighteen and hr. I use to work production and made seventeen. what we do is crutual. we help people we work in medicine. you should be making twenty five for what you do. I just think all of us should go on strike one city or state at a time. doctors get paid really high. they need us all of them, everywhere. pharmacist make alot of money even at walmart but us tech get low pay. we do everything. get back with me.

You have what us pharmacist call techitis. You think you do everything when although you are a big help you don't have the stress of being liable and answering tons of question and trying to supervise everything. Pharmacist get paid for what they KNOW and what they do. If you want to make more, get an education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Well... that's the point. For those Pharmacy Techs that have gone to college and paid for their one year Pharmacy Technician course. Dont you think is reasonable that Pharmacist are demanding more educated Pharmacy Techs or tell me one thing. who do you think made this Pharmacy Tech course a Career. ( The board of pharmacist) so why is the heck they don't want to pay us more. You must be one of those that adquired knowledge by experience. Back in the old days Pharmacists made anybody they like a Pharmacy Tech. Going back to the Point, If pharmacist expect more from us, this career should be well respected and we all should make more. Just like anybody else that has gone to college for a technical career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.