I've been scammed :(

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

V

50 months ago

I enrolled in a online program to become a Pharmacy Tech a month ago. I spent $350 abd still have not received my study materials. I have called and emailed several time with no response. It stated I would receive the Manual for Pharmacy Techs 4th edition and the Review book for Pharmacy Tech exam. The only item I received was a poorly made slide show of pure non-sense. I'm very dissapointed and looking for any study/learning material that would help me pass the PTCE. I hope someone can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rak in Mendham, New Jersey

50 months ago

Dont spend too much money on books and online schools. you can easily study without any schools. Just buy Mosby Pharmacy technician certification exam book from amazon. I bought a used hand book for 25 dollars and i will forward you the math section. Practice maths well with all forumulas.Thats it and all is well. DO let me know if you need any help.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Financial Advisor in Little Elm, Texas

50 months ago

Some states require online or in-person attendance at a pharmacy technician school. Currently, the PTCB is considering school attendance as a mandatory requirement for technicians in all states. I attended a course at a local junior college and found this method was much better than trying to learn everything just through book study.

You should contact your financial institution immediately and request a refund. Explain that you have received poor service. Do NOT give the school another chance. There is no excuse for the poor service they have provided.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

v

50 months ago

I wish I could get a refund but every time I call there is no answer. I leave a message and receive no return call. I have emailed several times with no response. It makes me just sick to my stomac that there are places out there that take advantage of people in my situation. I worked for my local hospital for 3 years and last month they did budget cuts and hired a external company to continue services for my department. It saved them $80,000 per year but put a lot of dedicated employess like myself out of work. I figured I would enroll in the Pharmacy Tech online program and get my certification so I have more options for employment. Instead they took advantage of me and I don't know what to do from here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

v

50 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: Only $350 ??

You should talk to those that went to Heald College and have been scammed over $20K.

I realize $350 don't seem like much for some but to me it was my hard earned money. I don't care if it was $10 NO one should be tooken advantage of. I didn't share my story for a pitty party, I was only looking for some helpful information. Some have compassion but some are just rude. That's the world we so sadly live in today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

suleman in Canton, Michigan

49 months ago

thankyou for putting up this topic , i am new to US and currently have a Pharm D degree from overseas , until i give my FPGEE and NAPlEX i have 6 months .So i was wondering if i can give the PTCB test and become a pharm tech until then.
i dont know where i can get cheap books or how many i need or which ones.If you can repeat in easy words id be glad .:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.