waiting period for pharm tech license in california?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 123)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

caliGem san diego in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

It is my understanding that from April - September are the busiest months because of all the pharmacist graduating from school. Other than those months youshould get your license fairy quick ... Good luck to all!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ksoria9 in Hollister, California

39 months ago

ptchris in San Mateo, California said: Email them EVERY week. Once a week only though.

What did you tell them in your email?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ptchris in Foster City, California

38 months ago

ksoria9 in Hollister, California said: What did you tell them in your email?

I would just email them requesting status of my application. Not sure if that helped to get things to speed up but, it might?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anna G. in Monterey Park, California

37 months ago

Hi, I'm sure that you guys had to do the self-query report thing for the application, correct? Well, I got my response back and was not sure what to do with it. Please help!

Skye CPhT in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

I'm assuming you already sent in your notarized signature sheet and what you've received is the actual self-query report mailed to you by the data bank.
Do not open the mail from them, just send the report unopened with the rest of your application.
Hope this helps. If you have other questions let me know and ill answer the best I can :)

Tynna Nok in San Leandro, California

37 months ago

Does anyone know how long do I have to wait if the board told me that my file has been sent for final review?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna G. in Riverside, California

37 months ago

Skye CPhT in Los Angeles, California said: I'm assuming you already sent in your notarized signature sheet and what you've received is the actual self-query report mailed to you by the data bank.
Do not open the mail from them, just send the report unopened with the rest of your application.
Hope this helps. If you have other questions let me know and ill answer the best I can :)

Oh, I already mailed it open.. Well I hope it would work out.. Thanks though!

37 months ago

It might get rejected. If you call the data bank you can get another query. Tell them someone accidentally opened it

Anna G. in Riverside, California

37 months ago

Oh no.. I just mailed the application on a few days ago.. I'm screwed. :(

jcb93 in Riverside, California

37 months ago

Do you have to have your Self-Query Report notarized before you send it in?

37 months ago

jcb93 in Riverside, California said: Do you have to have your Self-Query Report notarized before you send it in?

Yes you do. And once the board cashes your check start emailing them to check the status. It took 3 weeks once i started emailing
And just once a week

imsuperc00l369 in Oakland, California

37 months ago

yes. you do. i just got my license on the 24th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jcb93 in Riverside, California

37 months ago

ksoria9 in Hollister, California said: Yes you do. And once the board cashes your check start emailing them to check the status. It took 3 weeks once i started emailing
And just once a week

Well, how do you get it notarized? Aren't you supposed to keep it sealed?

37 months ago

jcb93 in Riverside, California said: Well, how do you get it notarized? Aren't you supposed to keep it sealed?

You notarize the response from online. You send that to the self query and they mail you the same paper you printed out. That is what you keep sealed

37 months ago

Yeah, what ksoria said...

ugh... I am still waiting on my license even though I'm working in a pharmacy right now as I'm nationally certified and worked out of state for 5 years as a tech --and right now I'm a clerk cos of the license situation :( so I emailed the board of pharmacy and they told me they are still waiting on my fingerprint clearance from the CA DOJ. How the heck long does it take??

imsuperc00l369 in Oakland, California

37 months ago

when they send it to you, don't open it. just add it to the package you're mailing in. then send it out

jcb93 in Beaumont, California

37 months ago

ksoria9 in Hollister, California said: You notarize the response from online. You send that to the self query and they mail you the same paper you printed out. That is what you keep sealed

How do you notarize it from online?

linds cpht in Long Beach, California

37 months ago

The response you get online includes a paper you print out that has a place for a notary to sign, if I remember correctly. You sign it in presence of the notary, who also signs and then stamps it for you. You then mail the signed, notarized form to the data bank and then they will send the actual query to you in the mail. And then you put that in with the rest of your app unopened. Ridiculous process if you ask me. We like to make things difficult here in California.

jcb93 in Beaumont, California

37 months ago

linds cpht in Long Beach, California said: The response you get online includes a paper you print out that has a place for a notary to sign, if I remember correctly. You sign it in presence of the notary, who also signs and then stamps it for you. You then mail the signed, notarized form to the data bank and then they will send the actual query to you in the mail. And then you put that in with the rest of your app unopened. Ridiculous process if you ask me. We like to make things difficult here in California.

Wow very confusing... my instructor didn't cover any of this whatsoever. Where do you go to find a notary?

37 months ago

Fo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Oops. For the notary just go to your bank or to the ups store or somewhere like that. Sometimes fingerprinting / live scan places have notary service, too.

37 months ago

Nini I don't know if they'd take your classes or not. This board is so hard to deal with. With your education, you would probably have little to no problem passing the PTCE and obtaining your national certification and the board definitely accepts PTCB certification as a qualification for licensure. If you don't want to spend the extra time and money then I guess you could try and go for it, but the board doesn't even take foreign pharmacist degrees as equivalent to associates in pharmacy technology --foreign pharmacists have to take the PTCE to work in California in a pharmacy capacity.

Sal.12 in Lakeside, California

36 months ago

do you get cleared on the board first or do you get the license in the mail ?

maria811 in San Diego, California

36 months ago

I send my deficiency items, tracked my mail and it is already 3 days since it was delivered in their office. But when i emailed them for an update on my status, they keep asking me to send my deficiency items as if they haven't receive it yet. Did they receive it already but haven't processed it yet or should I resend my stuff again? And how long should i wait again for my license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Sal 12 you definitely get cleared on the board first (online), your license will come in the mail 4-6 weeks later (so I heard). I just got cleared on the board March 1, and my application was processed 11/1/2011- maybe that will help some of you to know how much longer you will have to wait!

maria811- They may not have processed it through. Sometimes the mail they receive just sits there until they get to it. Deficiency applications can take 2-6 more weeks of waiting-- I had a friend who's app was deficient and it took about 30 more days (not business days, regular ones) before her app was approved.

maria811 in San Diego, California

36 months ago

thanks Skye CPhT, i think i have to email them every week=)

jbaker in Riverside, California

35 months ago

I just received my license and I qualified for it by taking a class, when i pass the PTCE do I have to resubmit my application or will I be able to show potential employers some type of proof that I passed it?

35 months ago

i guess i'll answer this question, too lol.

When you pass the PTCE, you do not have to resubmit your application with the California State Board of Pharmacy. You can be certified or not. California doesn't care. National certification is just one way to get your California license (like me :))

The day you test, you will receive a paper stating whether you passed or failed immediately after you finish. You will not get your actual certificate, certificate number, or scores on the test--they will come in the mail about 2-5 weeks later.

jbaker in Riverside, California

35 months ago

Skye CPhT in Los Angeles, California said: i guess i'll answer this question, too lol.

When you pass the PTCE, you do not have to resubmit your application with the California State Board of Pharmacy. You can be certified or not. California doesn't care. National certification is just one way to get your California license (like me :))

The day you test, you will receive a paper stating whether you passed or failed immediately after you finish. You will not get your actual certificate, certificate number, or scores on the test--they will come in the mail about 2-5 weeks later.

cool thanks i'll start studying asap :)

bella1101 in Sherman Oaks, California

35 months ago

It's been 1 year and a couple days since I sent my app. I've sent them several emails including nasty ones threatning legal action. Thy don't care, its so discouraging, I'm applying for a pharmacy tech license not citizenship or to be governor. Thanks Obama for furlough days to improve our economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

imedina_84@yahoo.com in El Paso, Texas

35 months ago

ive been having trouble on understanding percentage and concentrations
this is an example, any one can help?

if a pharmacy technician is asked to make 100 ml of metronidazole suspension using 20 250 mg metronidazole tablets, what will be the concentration?

Andre in Gardena, California

35 months ago

imedina_84@yahoo.com in El Paso, Texas said: ive been having trouble on understanding percentage and concentrations
this is an example, any one can help?

if a pharmacy technician is asked to make 100 ml of metronidazole suspension using 20 250 mg metronidazole tablets, what will be the concentration?

The concentration will be 5%. Here's how you do it: Multiply 250 mg by number of tabs (20). This will equal to 5000 mg or 5 G. Start your calculations with 100 ml for any question that asks to find percentage. Your set up is 100 ml x 5G/100 ml = 5 G. 5 G is 5%. How much you are asked to do doesn't matter as the percentage of drug in any volume will be the same. You most likely already know this. If you pour out 10 ml of vodka from 750 ml bottle, these 10 ml will have 40% ETOH, as the whole 750 ml bottle has.

Andre in Gardena, California

35 months ago

nini2012 in Torrance, California said: Hi everyone,

I have an associate degree in pharmacy science from Germany with 3 and 1/2 years experience in a pharmacy. I am a college student now and done with my GE classes, and I could transfer 60 semester units. My degree is evaluated by World Education Service in NY. Now my question, Do you guys think would I be able to get my CA Pharmacy Tech license. I have all refernce letters regarding my work experience.
I very much appreciate your answers.

Your work experience doesn't matter. The easiest & most sure way to be qualified to apply for CA license is to take a PTCB exam. Once you pass it, you'll be CPhT. Use this as your qualification to apply for CA license. Exam isn't hard especially if you have a degree already. To pass it for sure, you might want to buy a preparation book at about $35. I didn't buy the book as passed just fine, but the program I'm at is really good and I was taught pretty much everything that the exam was asking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BrainsAndBeauty in San Diego, California

35 months ago

bella1101 in Sherman Oaks, California said: It's been 1 year and a couple days since I sent my app. I've sent them several emails including nasty ones threatning legal action. Thy don't care, its so discouraging, I'm applying for a pharmacy tech license not citizenship or to be governor. Thanks Obama for furlough days to improve our economy.

If it has been so long and they haven't responded and you have received nothing, you should definitely resubmit all your paperwork. I know it is a pain and it's not fair, but it honestly sounds like your paperwork may have gotten lost in the mail.

Good luck!

DisappointedOne in Oakland, California

32 months ago

The Board of Pharmacy lost my entire application. They said it was lost in the mailroom. Do you know how unprofessional that is? In fact, I have to resubmit my entire application. I spent time and money on sending in that application. I have to support myself and this is endangering my financial stability. It's ridiculous. If my situation gets even worse, you can count on legal action from me.

PTCB TO CPHT in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

Worried About Application in Sonoma, California said: I am nationally certified, A.S. degree in pharm tech., and preparing for my hospital externship this upcoming fall semester. I am worried about how long my application to the State Board of California will take to process (received a week and a half ago). I am also worried about receiving a denial, because I got a Minor in Possesion of Alcohol when I was 18 (12 years ago). I checked "Yes" and fully disclosed my misdemeanor, that it was dismissed, that I received Diversion, paid a fine and did 20 hours community service. I wrote a letter explaining the event that led to my MIP, as they requested. I am hoping the Board is not so harsh that they would deny a license based on this, and that if they DO accept my application, that they don't take like 4 extra months to process due to my situation.

What happened? Did they aproove your license?

TWHladyinLV in North Las Vegas, Nevada

32 months ago

It took me 6 months to get one when I was in CA. It was ridiculous! I had already been a tech for 20+ years, certification, etc. Keep bugging them!

illogic in Orange, California said: does anyone know the waiting period for pharm tech in california? it's been 2 months and i haven't receive my license or see me registered on the board of pharmacy.

PTCB TO CPHT in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

PTCB TO CPHT in Los Angeles, California said: What happened? Did they aproove your license?

Was your misdemeanor a cause for denial or did they grant you your license?

Jimmy Yang in Davis, California

30 months ago

I have question can I apply for job when you already sent all your paper work and they still woking in your license ? they cash my check august 13th and nothing show on the website like pending or any status my name is not even there lol can some tell me what should I do ? my interview for pharmacy tech position is this firday T_T

Lauren in Chico, California

28 months ago

Does anybody know approximately how long it takes to get your Self-Query report back from The Data Bank? I just sent it off to VA this afternoon.

desert girl in Twentynine Palms, California

28 months ago

illogic in Orange, California said: does anyone know the waiting period for pharm tech in california? it's been 2 months and i haven't receive my license or see me registered on the board of pharmacy.

It took me 7 months to get my license from california. They kept sending me my package back telling me one at a time what I needed to send them or fix. It was like they wouldn't check everything. It seemed like once they found a mistake they would stop checking it.

GoldenKuvasz in Alameda, California

28 months ago

Has anyone ever driven to the BOP to check the status of their license? Did they help you out or send you away? I mailed in my deficiencies some time ago and I emailed them last week and have not heard back. This is very frustrating!

Lauren in Chico, California

28 months ago

Have you tried calling them? I've had the most luck by calling. Sometimes it can take a while for them to respond to an email, and if it has been less than 90 days since they received your paperwork (even deficiencies), they won't bother responding to your email. So I'd try calling before you head down there just to possibly be turned away.

Rosalyn in Chico, California

28 months ago

Lauren in Chico, California said: Does anybody know approximately how long it takes to get your Self-Query report back from The Data Bank ? I just sent it off to VA this afternoon.

It took me exactly a week since the day I sent it to get it back.

28 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I have called in the past and it was past 90 days. I did end up going there yesterday, and kind of got turned away. BUT my licensed was issued this morning. Maybe it did help to drive all that way! Hahah!

Jose S. in South El Monte, California

28 months ago

Help please! I got my self query report notarized and I sent it to the Data Bank. I got back an envelope but I'm not sure if it was that one that I had to not open and send it to the state board of pharmacy? I still have the envelope but its open. Is that the envelope I had to send? What do I do? Can I send the opened envelope as is with the rest of my stuff to the state board of pharmacy or do i have to ask for another envelope... so complicated.

28 months ago

I think that you will need a new report sent to you. The BOP requires that it is sealed (i.e., no potential for it being tampered with). I sent mine as it arrived to me in the mail. Good luck!

28 months ago

So im assuming I have to call the Data Bank for another copy.

28 months ago

thanks so much by the way :)

28 months ago

No problem! Yeah, or else you'll wait two months for a deficiency letter from them. : )

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.