waiting period for pharm tech license in california?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 120 of 120)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

GoldenKuvasz in Alameda, California

24 months ago

No problem! Yeah, or else you'll wait two months for a deficiency letter from them. : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CHO in West Covina, California

23 months ago

me in Los Angeles, California said: Omg I was convicted of a felony and my pharmacy tech license was revoked in 2007 I want to petition the board to reinstate my license the felony has been expunged that was my only felony I have not been to jail prior to this incident or after I have completed all disciplinary obligates & fees ordered by the judge I had jobs since the conviction & is currently working my school loan for pharmacy school has also been paid do you think I can get my license back

How did you get in pharmacy school in the first place with a felony? If you got in after it was expunged, then why would you want your tech license back, when you are applying brand new to the board as a pharmacist with a clean record?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PeeT in Morgan Hill, California

22 months ago

CHO in West Covina, California said: How did you get in pharmacy school in the first place with a felony? If you got in after it was expunged, then why would you want your tech license back, when you are applying brand new to the board as a pharmacist with a clean record?

Hello everyone. My state license lapsed and was unable to renew March of last year, so as consequence I have to apply like a new licensee =(

My name already has an assigned license number even though the current status "cancelled" (lapsed) in the board website. The "Self-Query" report requirement has a form in their website asking for a license and next to that form field is a ticker/checker option labeled "No License". Should I pick no license or enter my previously active license number? Their 800# is no help. Please please help me I need to help my sister and mother financially :(

jCA in Oceanside, California

17 months ago

caliGem san diego said: I got mine this week after 6 months of waiting. I have a 10 year old misdemeanor on my record that slowed up the process i got a letter back in the end of august stating my app was going to the enforcement unit for review and it would take another 90 days at least and after waiting and missing out on employment opportunities I started emailing whoever I could and my license was approved within 2 weeks of my 1st email. Now I get to start my job at Kaiser right on time. Super ecstatic!!!

Hey caliGem. My application has been forwarded to the enforcement unit for review as well. Who did you email to get your application approved so quickly? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

recode in San Francisco, California

17 months ago

Mailed my application in the middle of April, cleared last week. Also went through enforcement unit. I included a letter for the enforcement unit and provided few of my court documents. I'm thinking the additional paperwork helped with the processing time since they will have to look up the details of your case otherwise. I also corresponded with a person in the enforcement unit but I am not sure if that helped move things along.

macn in San Francisco, California

14 months ago

I'm a little confused. For the self query, when you request one, it says that you will receive one in the mail and one electronically. You have to print out the electronic copy, have it notarized, and then send it to the data bank. They send you back that copy? So are you gonna receive two copies, the one they said they'll send you initially and the notarized one you sent them? Or do they not send a paper one until you send in your notarized copy?

14 months ago

They send you a sealed copy via snail mail. You should NOT open it. That way you don't have to have it notarized. You will be able to view it when it's ready as they will give you an Internet link via email. Hope this helps! Good luck!

14 months ago

so it doesn't have to be notarized? im confused because on the application it says "Practitioners are required to mail to NPDB-HIPDB a notarized copy of the SelfQuery request to a specified address. This copy can be printed, which the
practitioner prints out after filling the form out on-line"

14 months ago

i read some of the comments on this forum and people were saying they had their report notarized though

14 months ago

I didn't have to get it notarized. My copy was sealed therefore I didn't tamper with it.

14 months ago

oh I read the FAQ page. I think I got it. Did you verify your identity online? It says if you verify online, you don't have to get it notarized. I think that was where I was getting confused.

Lofosho in Paradise, California

14 months ago

macn in San Francisco, California said: oh I read the FAQ page. I think I got it. Did you verify your identity online? It says if you verify online, you don't have to get it notarized. I think that was where I was getting confused.

I didn't have to verify my identity online. Just send the SEALED copy from the Data Bank to the BOP with your app. If you accidentally open it without thinking, the BOP will send you a deficiency letter. So just make sure whatever you do NOT to open your mailed copy. That's why they send you the e-mail version, so you can see the contents of the envelope you aren't allowed to open.

WeThePeople in Simi Valley, California

13 months ago

It has been exactly 3 months since I sent the pharmacy technician application to the board. I emailed them yesterday, requesting status of the application. They have replied that my file has been forwarded for final review and my pharmacy technician license will be issued once approved. Does anybody know how long that usually takes?

Also, for those who are still waiting, I would have probably received my license sooner if not for the fact that I forgot to send them the Self-Data Inquiry. I received a letter from the Board about 2 months after sending the application stating that I had a deficiency in my application. I am very surprised that it took them 2 months to catch a missing document. So, make sure you send everything at the same time to avoid longer waiting period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WeThePeople in Westlake Village, California

13 months ago

Thought I would let everybody know. It took me exactly 3 months and 1 week to receive the license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kkno in Anaheim, California

8 months ago

illogic in Orange, California said: does anyone know the waiting period for pharm tech in california? it's been 2 months and i haven't receive my license or see me registered on the board of pharmacy.

3 months or longer. I moved to CA a few months ago and immediately fill out the application. Sent it off. Waited for a long 2 1/2 months. It shows i am registered on the website but haven't received my license yet. The board takes forever. I wish they would hire more help to solve this issue.

kkno in Anaheim, California

8 months ago

WeThePeople in Simi Valley, California said: It has been exactly 3 months since I sent the pharmacy technician application to the board. I emailed them yesterday, requesting status of the application. They have replied that my file has been forwarded for final review and my pharmacy technician license will be issued once approved. Does anybody know how long that usually takes?

Also, for those who are still waiting, I would have probably received my license sooner if not for the fact that I forgot to send them the Self- Data Inquiry. I received a letter from the Board about 2 months after sending the application stating that I had a deficiency in my application. I am very surprised that it took them 2 months to catch a missing document. So, make sure you send everything at the same time to avoid longer waiting period.

That happened to me too. I sent in my application two months ago and just 2 weeks ago i received a letter from the board stating that I sent both of the Self-Data Inquiry and HS transcript not sealed and that it had a deficiency. I was pretty mad about it why it took them that long just to see those errors. Finally i had to re-do both of it. Now, the other day I checked I am register on the CA state Board but have not received my license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L_M in South El Monte, California

2 months ago

It's seems like the board is even further back logged .... It's been 4 months since my application was mailed (exactly 124 days, YES I'm counting) and still nothing they haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent either. It's a little frustrating!!

Kathy3423 in Long Beach, California

1 month ago

L_M in South El Monte, California said: It's seems like the board is even further back logged .... It's been 4 months since my application was mailed (exactly 124 days, YES I'm counting) and still nothing they haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent either. It's a little frustrating!!

Just wondering how long does it take to cash your check? I sent my application not so long ago. Thanks!

WeThePeople in Oak Park, California

1 month ago

Kathy3423 in Long Beach, California said: Just wondering how long does it take to cash your check? I sent my application not so long ago. Thanks!

They cash your check immediately! Then the wait game begins and if you are lucky, you will get your license within 3 months (at least it's like this in California) . Good luck to you

Kathy3423 in los angeles, California

1 month ago

WeThePeople in Oak Park, California said: They cash your check immediately! Then the wait game begins and if you are lucky, you will get your license within 3 months (at least it's like this in California) . Good luck to you

Thank you for the info, I was concerned that my application might not have gotten there since I didn't send it with tracking. I just checked my checking account and they just cashed it!! Lol

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.