waiting period for pharm tech license in california?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 134 of 134)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

CHO in West Covina, California

46 months ago

me in Los Angeles, California said: Omg I was convicted of a felony and my pharmacy tech license was revoked in 2007 I want to petition the board to reinstate my license the felony has been expunged that was my only felony I have not been to jail prior to this incident or after I have completed all disciplinary obligates & fees ordered by the judge I had jobs since the conviction & is currently working my school loan for pharmacy school has also been paid do you think I can get my license back

How did you get in pharmacy school in the first place with a felony? If you got in after it was expunged, then why would you want your tech license back, when you are applying brand new to the board as a pharmacist with a clean record?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PeeT in Morgan Hill, California

45 months ago

CHO in West Covina, California said: How did you get in pharmacy school in the first place with a felony? If you got in after it was expunged, then why would you want your tech license back, when you are applying brand new to the board as a pharmacist with a clean record?

Hello everyone. My state license lapsed and was unable to renew March of last year, so as consequence I have to apply like a new licensee =(

My name already has an assigned license number even though the current status "cancelled" (lapsed) in the board website. The "Self-Query" report requirement has a form in their website asking for a license and next to that form field is a ticker/checker option labeled "No License". Should I pick no license or enter my previously active license number? Their 800# is no help. Please please help me I need to help my sister and mother financially :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jCA in Oceanside, California

39 months ago

caliGem san diego said: I got mine this week after 6 months of waiting. I have a 10 year old misdemeanor on my record that slowed up the process i got a letter back in the end of august stating my app was going to the enforcement unit for review and it would take another 90 days at least and after waiting and missing out on employment opportunities I started emailing whoever I could and my license was approved within 2 weeks of my 1st email. Now I get to start my job at Kaiser right on time. Super ecstatic!!!

Hey caliGem. My application has been forwarded to the enforcement unit for review as well. Who did you email to get your application approved so quickly? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

recode in San Francisco, California

39 months ago

Mailed my application in the middle of April, cleared last week. Also went through enforcement unit. I included a letter for the enforcement unit and provided few of my court documents. I'm thinking the additional paperwork helped with the processing time since they will have to look up the details of your case otherwise. I also corresponded with a person in the enforcement unit but I am not sure if that helped move things along.

macn in San Francisco, California

36 months ago

I'm a little confused. For the self query, when you request one, it says that you will receive one in the mail and one electronically. You have to print out the electronic copy, have it notarized, and then send it to the data bank. They send you back that copy? So are you gonna receive two copies, the one they said they'll send you initially and the notarized one you sent them? Or do they not send a paper one until you send in your notarized copy?

GoldenKuvasz in Alameda, California

36 months ago

They send you a sealed copy via snail mail. You should NOT open it. That way you don't have to have it notarized. You will be able to view it when it's ready as they will give you an Internet link via email. Hope this helps! Good luck!

36 months ago

so it doesn't have to be notarized? im confused because on the application it says "Practitioners are required to mail to NPDB-HIPDB a notarized copy of the SelfQuery request to a specified address. This copy can be printed, which the
practitioner prints out after filling the form out on-line"

36 months ago

i read some of the comments on this forum and people were saying they had their report notarized though

GoldenKuvasz in Alameda, California

36 months ago

I didn't have to get it notarized. My copy was sealed therefore I didn't tamper with it.

36 months ago

oh I read the FAQ page. I think I got it. Did you verify your identity online? It says if you verify online, you don't have to get it notarized. I think that was where I was getting confused.

Lofosho in Paradise, California

36 months ago

macn in San Francisco, California said: oh I read the FAQ page. I think I got it. Did you verify your identity online? It says if you verify online, you don't have to get it notarized. I think that was where I was getting confused.

I didn't have to verify my identity online. Just send the SEALED copy from the Data Bank to the BOP with your app. If you accidentally open it without thinking, the BOP will send you a deficiency letter. So just make sure whatever you do NOT to open your mailed copy. That's why they send you the e-mail version, so you can see the contents of the envelope you aren't allowed to open.

WeThePeople in Simi Valley, California

36 months ago

It has been exactly 3 months since I sent the pharmacy technician application to the board. I emailed them yesterday, requesting status of the application. They have replied that my file has been forwarded for final review and my pharmacy technician license will be issued once approved. Does anybody know how long that usually takes?

Also, for those who are still waiting, I would have probably received my license sooner if not for the fact that I forgot to send them the Self-Data Inquiry. I received a letter from the Board about 2 months after sending the application stating that I had a deficiency in my application. I am very surprised that it took them 2 months to catch a missing document. So, make sure you send everything at the same time to avoid longer waiting period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WeThePeople in Westlake Village, California

36 months ago

Thought I would let everybody know. It took me exactly 3 months and 1 week to receive the license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kkno in Anaheim, California

31 months ago

illogic in Orange, California said: does anyone know the waiting period for pharm tech in california? it's been 2 months and i haven't receive my license or see me registered on the board of pharmacy.

3 months or longer. I moved to CA a few months ago and immediately fill out the application. Sent it off. Waited for a long 2 1/2 months. It shows i am registered on the website but haven't received my license yet. The board takes forever. I wish they would hire more help to solve this issue.

kkno in Anaheim, California

31 months ago

WeThePeople in Simi Valley, California said: It has been exactly 3 months since I sent the pharmacy technician application to the board. I emailed them yesterday, requesting status of the application. They have replied that my file has been forwarded for final review and my pharmacy technician license will be issued once approved. Does anybody know how long that usually takes?

Also, for those who are still waiting, I would have probably received my license sooner if not for the fact that I forgot to send them the Self- Data Inquiry. I received a letter from the Board about 2 months after sending the application stating that I had a deficiency in my application. I am very surprised that it took them 2 months to catch a missing document. So, make sure you send everything at the same time to avoid longer waiting period.

That happened to me too. I sent in my application two months ago and just 2 weeks ago i received a letter from the board stating that I sent both of the Self-Data Inquiry and HS transcript not sealed and that it had a deficiency. I was pretty mad about it why it took them that long just to see those errors. Finally i had to re-do both of it. Now, the other day I checked I am register on the CA state Board but have not received my license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L_M in South El Monte, California

24 months ago

It's seems like the board is even further back logged .... It's been 4 months since my application was mailed (exactly 124 days, YES I'm counting) and still nothing they haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent either. It's a little frustrating!!

Kathy3423 in Long Beach, California

24 months ago

L_M in South El Monte, California said: It's seems like the board is even further back logged .... It's been 4 months since my application was mailed (exactly 124 days, YES I'm counting) and still nothing they haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent either. It's a little frustrating!!

Just wondering how long does it take to cash your check? I sent my application not so long ago. Thanks!

WeThePeople in Oak Park, California

24 months ago

Kathy3423 in Long Beach, California said: Just wondering how long does it take to cash your check? I sent my application not so long ago. Thanks!

They cash your check immediately! Then the wait game begins and if you are lucky, you will get your license within 3 months (at least it's like this in California) . Good luck to you

Kathy3423 in los angeles, California

23 months ago

WeThePeople in Oak Park, California said: They cash your check immediately! Then the wait game begins and if you are lucky, you will get your license within 3 months (at least it's like this in California) . Good luck to you

Thank you for the info, I was concerned that my application might not have gotten there since I didn't send it with tracking. I just checked my checking account and they just cashed it!! Lol

waiting for final review in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

I just called the BOARD of Pharmacy. They told me that it went to the enforcement unit for final review. Anyone have any idea how long it takes? Any information will be helpful!!
For those who wondering,I sent my application overnight with return receipt.

They received it Nov 10 2014, & Just mailed out the letter today,Jan 15,2015. The operator was nice enough to tell me that the letter was sent to the enforcement board for review.

20 months ago

waiting for final review in Los Angeles, California said: I just called the BOARD of Pharmacy. They told me that it went to the enforcement unit for final review. Anyone have any idea how long it takes? Any information will be helpful!!
For those who wondering,I sent my application overnight with return receipt.

They received it Nov 10 2014, & Just mailed out the letter today,Jan 15,2015. The operator was nice enough to tell me that the letter was sent to the enforcement board for review.

That's exactly what they told me in October and I'm currently waiting for it, I submitted my application on May 16. I was told by someone in the enforcement unit even if you've submitted all paperwork (included copies of police reports) they still request copies directly from the arresting agency and they might take a long time to comply. Once they receive the necessary paperwork from them it can take up to 90 days more to process because the review board is backed up.

waiting for final review in Los Angeles, California

20 months ago

I was previously a tech. I dont have any convictions or outstanding tickets.I don't know what to expect now!!

Any suggestions?

tryin to get back to Cali in Tucson, Arizona

20 months ago

Does anyone have the email address for the application status update? I have emailed them a month ago but am afraid I emailed the wrong address

YBMatt in Torrance, California

14 months ago

Who's got an answer for the Self-Query report when filing one out. Short story I took an online course for pharmacy tech provided by a local community college and completed it, went after the PTCB exam and passed that, and now stuck filling the "Professional Schools Attended". I have no idea what to put in this section.

Melissa in Visalia, California

14 months ago

Here's a timeline current for July 2015.

June 11th: called the board and was told they are no longer behind in processing applications. As long as your application is complete and record clean you should have your license in 30-45 days.

June 12th: Friday. Taking no chances with the mail, I drove to Sacramento and personally handed in my app.

June 18th: My check is cashed and my app moves on to the processing department. They say the apps move from the mail room > cashier's desk > processing department > enforcement department if necessary > final approval.

July 13th: Day 31. I call to ensure my app was processing smoothly and that the time frame was still 30-45 days. I don't necessarily recommend calling but I emailed the week prior and didn't get a response. Also I had a deadline fast approaching for a job in which the company was depending on me as I would be their only tech.
I find out that my application would have been processed that week but the livescan operator had left out information. I was told my app would be moving to the finger print analysis and it would take another 8-10 days.

July 14th: I took a risk and submitted a new livescan. Looking back it could have slowed things down. I faxed the new livescan to the board and prayed.

July 17th: Day 35. I call to verify my fax was received and find out my app was processed and approved. It is now in the final approval department. I was told it will post online no later than July 22nd.

And that's where I sit now, waiting 2 more days to see if it posts. I will update when it does. Even with my little hiccup it took 40 days from the moment I handed in the app. It would have been 33 days, add a couple extra days if mailing. Disclaimer though, I have been a tech for 15 years and was previously licensed in CA. That said, I was told that it had no effect on how quick/slow it would process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Continued from the previous post, since indeed seems to limit length.

TIPS TO ENSURE THINGS PROCESS AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE.

Make sure your application is complete. Then check again. Then repeat at least a dozen times. Overkill? Not according to the latest board statistics posted on their website. 54% of the apps they receive are deficient in some way, meaning somethimg was left out. Common mistakes include:
● Missing signatures or dates.
● Leaving out former names. Married, list your maiden last name. Done anything under a different name, list that as well. Your auntie called you BooBoo growing up, well maybe you shouldn't put that, but you get the point.
● That damn self query report. Luckily it is easier now to verify your identify online but it's still clear as mud as what you're supposed to do here. In filling out the initial information for the query don't fret if you don't have some of the things they ask for. If the field is required you wont be able to process your request. Otherwise skip questions like license #. DO NOT open the mailed copy they send you. If you're curious of what is on the report you can view in online. Make sure it's current. The board will reject it if it's over 60 days.
● Livescan. My mistake, going to the UPS store. I would recommend going to a police or sheriff station. They tend to be more competent. Again make sure it's current.

If your record is clean and you include everything you should have a license in under 45days.

14 months ago

What is about the Live Scan receipt I have to turn in? Is it the paper that says who did the Live Scan or the receipt showing how much I paid and the place where I did the Live Scan?

14 months ago

YBMatt in Torrance, California said: What is about the Live Scan receipt I have to turn in? Is it the paper that says who did the Live Scan or the receipt showing how much I paid and the place where I did the Live Scan?

You need make 3 copies of the last page in the application packet. After all 3 are filled out (depending on where you go, you can just copy the completed form after your livescan) 1 stays with the person who did your livescan, 1 to the board and 1 is your copy. I highly recommend keeping your copy until you have your license.

14 months ago

Melissa in Visalia, California said: You need make 3 copies of the last page in the application packet. After all 3 are filled out (depending on where you go, you can just copy the completed form after your livescan) 1 stays with the person who did your livescan, 1 to the board and 1 is your copy. I highly recommend keeping your copy until you have your license.

I know that I have to submit the whole form of the Live Scan with the information of who completed it, but more specifically about the "receipt" it is talking of on page 3 of the whole application on how to submit it. I just printed the live scan form off the CA Board of pharmacy website with only one page specifying as request for Live Scan instead of a triplicate form with the carbon copy stuff. To specifically clarify, is the receipt they are asking the whole completed Live Scan form or is it the whole completed Live Scan form plus the piece of paper show proof of payment to the place I went to do the Live Scan at?

firefly45 in Santa Rosa, California

12 months ago

I just sent in my application and received a letter that I needed to show prove of a criminal conviction. It was back in 2/1/05 Vandalism. I was arrested back in 2003, and the charge dropped to a felony vandalism, but I paid all restitution, and got everything expunged, and dismissed. I had to explain a letter as to why I did not disclose the information, and the charges, I did all that in a 3 page directed letter. I just said I was in a hurry with the application, and knew everything was expunged, and checked marked 'NO" I thought I was in the clear because the school did a back ground check, and found nothing, so in reality I thought I was in the clear. I did not put that part in the letter though. I just sent in my certified police reports, documents, and letter on the 9/14/15, Do you think I will still be cleared? It was an honest mistake? and over 10 years ago, but expunged in 2012. I can pass all employment background checks now! nervous. any ideas?

12 months ago

It really depends on the person reviewing you file it is at their discretion ... I have a misdemeanor on my record and was denied my license I am currently in the appeals process ... Fill out everything they ask you for and DO NOT LIE. They request a full police report from the arresting agency so if you lie they will know.... Cooperate as much as possible with any paperwork they ask for. Best of luck to you!!

firefly45 in California

12 months ago

Thanks, for your comment, yea the waiting game is tough. I really wish the school would have done the same back ground check! Mine is expunged and dismissed, in 2012..and the same charge in 2005 was 10 years ago. I was honest in my letter and gave them a certified copy of the police report, and court documents, all the charges, were dropped instantly expect the one. Long story, I am just trying to keep that glimmer of hope, It was funny though on the police report summary was only 2 sentences, long. Learned my lesson in life for sure.

Cbolivar in Daly City, California

12 months ago

Hi guys,

I just passed the PTCE last wednesday and im reading the posts on how to register to Ca board of pharmacy. One of the requirements is a self query report. Do i need to wait for my certification number (to be mailed by PTCB), before I do self query or Can i already do the self query thing from NPDB?

_perez in Madera, California

5 months ago

I sent in my pharmacy technician license application on march 18th and it was appoved and up on the site on april 15th. Process was fast and easy.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.