the worse place to work as a Pharmacy Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 505)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia

60 months ago

brown_dude34 in Hyde Park, Massachusetts said: Everything contained in this thread concerning CVS/pharmacy is very true. I used to work at CVS/Pharmacy as a pharmacy associate - pharmacy technician. I will never recommend any decent human being work for this slimy reptilian corporate conglomerate. Pharmacy technicians are not respected at CVS/Pharmacy. I don’t care who you are from the pharmacist to the store managers they will attempt to treat you as if you are lower than dirt. Aspiring pharmacy technicians stay away from CVS/Pharmacy, this is not the company to start your pharmacy technician career with.

OMG!!! I JUST GOT HIRED BY CVS AND THEY ALREADY SO CALL "NEGOTIATING MY PAY" THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW I WAS CERTIFIED!!!!! WHEN CLEARLY IT WAS ON MY APPLICATIONS AND RESUME!!!!!! I'M GOING TO KEEP MY OPTIONS OPEN FOR POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS!! BY ANY CHANCE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A CERTIFIED TECH MAKES AT CVS. THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia

60 months ago

tech2 in Decatur, Georgia said: i agree cvs is the worst company to work for ever!!!

OMG!!! I JUST GOT HIRED BY CVS AND THEY ALREADY SO CALL "NEGOTIATING MY PAY" THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW I WAS CERTIFIED!!!!! WHEN CLEARLY IT WAS ON MY APPLICATIONS AND RESUME!!!!!! I'M GOING TO KEEP MY OPTIONS OPEN FOR POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS!! BY ANY CHANCE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A CERTIFIED TECH MAKES AT CVS. THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Saugus, Massachusetts

60 months ago

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia said: OMG!!! I JUST GOT HIRED BY CVS AND THEY ALREADY SO CALL "NEGOTIATING MY PAY" THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW I WAS CERTIFIED!!!!! WHEN CLEARLY IT WAS ON MY APPLICATIONS AND RESUME!!!!!! I'M GOING TO KEEP MY OPTIONS OPEN FOR POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS!! BY ANY CHANCE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A CERTIFIED TECH MAKES AT CVS. THANKS!

Jennifer assuming you are certified I would negotiate a starting rate of $13.00 an hour with CVS/Pharmacy and bring supporting evidence. Plead your case with examples, such as a bad economy, cost of living, etc.

In Boston, MA the pharmacy technicians with no certification, no pharmacy technician license were making about $10.00 to start.

Also, the federal minimum wage went up on Friday 07/24/2009. So pharmacy technicians may start at a higher rate than $10.00 an hour.

Pay rates for CVS/Pharmacy:

pharmacy technicians = $10.00 - $13.00 an hour
Because you are certified and I assume licensed shoot for $13.00

pharmacy interns = $15.00 an hour

pharmacist = $42.00 -$60.00 an hour, depending on experience

-Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia

60 months ago

THANK YOU!!! THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED FOR ME WAS VERY USEFUL! I JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY TO PLEAD MY CASE! THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

former CVSer

60 months ago

Guess who what happened to Ming.. she is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill..in South Bend they took a woman that had just graduated from Purdue and made her the pic and sent the former pic to a junk stor he had been there for years...The new pic told the lead tech if she didn't like it there she colud s go somewhere elese.. the lead tech had over 20 tyears experience.. go figure .. working for CVS will give you mental healt issues

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CVS Tech in Granger, Indiana

60 months ago

former CVSer said: Guess who what happened to Ming.. she is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill..in South Bend they took a woman that had just graduated from Purdue and made her the pic and sent the former pic to a junk stor he had been there for years...The new pic told the lead tech if she didn't like it there she colud s go somewhere elese.. the lead tech had over 20 tyears experience.. go figure .. working for CVS will give you mental healt issues

OMG, are you talking about MV going to Portage???? LOL!!!
Portage is bad. All these welfare Moms. Ming was such a kisser. She should have stayed in her country. Binkley is worse. Small man with big ego. Check out his Facebook page. David Binkley.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jess Smit in Modesto, California

60 months ago

so i have worked for cvs for nearly a year as a regular employee and now that i am done with school and ready to be a tech no one wants to lift one finger to help me get into our pharmacy. our pharmacy consists of 2 techs and 2 pharmacists... now how do you make a weekly schedule with only 4 people. they have not even lifted a finger to help me make my extern hours.
i dont know what it is with this company but they need to pull their stuff together. come to find out barely anyone got their raises this time around and our location is so bad at being polite and prompt that all our customers are willingly transferring to walgreens.
wtf?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

former CVSer

60 months ago

yes I am talking about MV...great guy...can't say anything good abut his replacment... where did ming go ...did she and her boss finally run away together..LOL I mean it seemed an open secret.
thanks for the up dates

John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Idiot working for CVS in Granger, Indiana

60 months ago

Yes, MV is really a nice Guy. At least he is trying. I believe Mingh climed up the Cooperation. MV's replacement M... was a nice young Lady in the beginning and now she turned into something totally different. But Mingh was better then this stupid Idiot we have now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

va in Dayton, Ohio

60 months ago

CVS sucks alright,I have congestive heart failure,cardiomtopathy, and several other health issues.Would you believe CVS won't let me just do data entry, I have been with the company for almost 20 years, ans because I can't do all of the things in the pharmacy now I am just pushed aside like trash, happy and healthier lives my butt,not for employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia said: OMG!!! I JUST GOT HIRED BY CVS AND THEY ALREADY SO CALL "NEGOTIATING MY PAY" THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW I WAS CERTIFIED!!!!! WHEN CLEARLY IT WAS ON MY APPLICATIONS AND RESUME!!!!!! I'M GOING TO KEEP MY OPTIONS OPEN FOR POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS!! BY ANY CHANCE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A CERTIFIED TECH MAKES AT CVS. THANKS!

Did you provide them a copy of your certification license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts

60 months ago

va in Dayton, Ohio said: CVS sucks alright,I have congestive heart failure,cardiomtopathy, and several other health issues.Would you believe CVS won't let me just do data entry, I have been with the company for almost 20 years, ans because I can't do all of the things in the pharmacy now I am just pushed aside like trash, happy and healthier lives my butt,not for employees.

Sorry to hear about your situation. In the fast-paced(high stress) environment of CVS/Pharmacy thats not a good combination. To work at CVS/Pharmacy with those kinds of health problems. I know CVS will work you until your engine burns out. I decided to leave CVS/Pharmacy because that kind of stress is not good for anyones health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia

60 months ago

Yes I did!! I just find out today how much I'm making 10.00 hr, because they said due to the low volume of customers they can't pay me more. Do you think I should accept that amount!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Idiot working for CVS in Granger, Indiana

60 months ago

10$ an hour for CVS is GREAT:( I am sorry to say. Of course I am not sure which state you are in but for Indiana it is very good. Usually you start out at 8.50$ make 25 cent more each year AND when you get certified you get another 25cent an hour raise. Pretty bad for what they want you to do. Just wait for all the reports you have to do:) If it is just part time I would take it. For a full time job you might want to look around. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts

60 months ago

Jennifer in Decatur, Georgia said: Yes I did!! I just find out today how much I'm making 10.00 hr, because they said due to the low volume of customers they can't pay me more. Do you think I should accept that amount!

Might as well take it and get the experience since you already have the credentials for the position. Experience is what you need under your belt. I would also think about volunteering in a hospital pharmacy 1 day week so you can gain hospital experience as well. The best pay and benefits are in a hospital environment. I can’t believe CVS/Pharmacy would only pay you $10.00 to start even though you are nationally certified and licensed.

-Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts

60 months ago

In most cases a pharmacy technicians pay is $10.00 - $13.00 an hour average. It is my understanding that as a pharmacy technician your pay will max out at $15.00 - $20.00 an hour after 10 years in a hospital setting. In a retail setting expect it to max out at $13.00 an hour. I doubt you will be a pharmacy technician for 10 years or more.

This is sad because nowadays most employers will require you to have national certification and also a valid pharmacy technician license. Some may even require an advanced education such as an associates or a bachelor’s degree. However, that’s in the future and definitely past 2010. You already have the required credentials for the position so all you need is 1 – 2 years of experience.

CVS/Pharmacy hired you so go there and get the experience. Once you realize that’s its very difficult to support yourself and raise a family a light will shine down upon you and you will realize you need to move onto to a real career which pays much better wages.

-Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Idiot working for CVS in Granger, Indiana

60 months ago

Very well written. I believe 10$ an hour is a nice little token if you work part time and just need the money for some "weekend" money. To support yourself on this is impossible unless you are willing to go on Welfare at the same time. CVS has figured out that Techs are able to qualify for Government benefits and they actually calculate this in when they offer you a job. They also treat you accordingly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts said: In most cases a pharmacy technicians pay is $10.00 - $13.00 an hour average. It is my understanding that as a pharmacy technician your pay will max out at $15.00 - $20.00 an hour after 10 years in a hospital setting. In a retail setting expect it to max out at $13.00 an hour. I doubt you will be a pharmacy technician for 10 years or more.

This is sad because nowadays most employers will require you to have national certification and also a valid pharmacy technician license. Some may even require an advanced education such as an associates or a bachelor’s degree. However, that’s in the future and definitely past 2010. You already have the required credentials for the position so all you need is 1 – 2 years of experience.

CVS/Pharmacy hired you so go there and get the experience. Once you realize that’s its very difficult to support yourself and raise a family a light will shine down upon you and you will realize you need to move onto to a real career which pays much better wages.

-Good Luck

I agree with Idiot! Very well written

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maeris

60 months ago

Question though? I don't work for CVS although they are planning to open a few her (each of them is like right in front of every other Walgreens in existence here, here meaning Puerto Rico). I'm currently finishing my Associate's Degree in Pharmacy technician (you are required to have one here by law and do 1,000 hours worth of practice before getting certified). All the problems you mention about CVS are going on in Walgreens here too at least.
They just reduced my pharmacy's (I'm not included as an employee since I'm an intern) to like 109 hours? We work from 8am-6pm, Monday to Saturday. They made my poor preceptor (really nice lady :]) work 10 hours straight without a lunch break. We had 4 technicians when I started there on March, now they took 1 away, and now have taken another one (that did closing for 5 days) away for I think it's 2 or 3 days of the week and that's cause my preceptor pleaded that she couldn't do it with just two technicians (cause t hey wanted to take here away completely). Now we'll basically only have one Senior Technician (she's great) and the eldest tech who's been working there for like 30 years and still doesn't know how to do data entry and barely manages to fill prescriptions cause she argues with the "balance". They won't ask her to move to another one so the other tech can say cause she's the eldest, and she doesn't want to retire either so... But anyways...You complain about your wages but from what I picked up (I haven't officially asked) the Senior tech's been working for like 5-10 years (not sure) and she just now started getting paid $10. You think you're getting poorly paid, come to Puerto Rico. Just aweful. But then again...we don't have to pay taxes on our houses, not obligated to have insurance... and all sort of stuff. But still...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maeris

60 months ago

But to get to the point... Sorry I talk to much...Is GA a bad state to work under CVS? Should I stay under Walgreens or at least try cause they say business is going bad yet when they found out CVS was planning to open here they bought off like 10 pharmacies and constructed 3 other ones...

I'm planning to move to GA in about a year an a half so I'm just curious. If I decide to go under CVS, will they pay me better for my experience with Walgreens, my Associate's Degree and being certified by the Pharmacy Board of Puerto Rico? They are alot tougher on us here to get a certification in comparison to you...no offense. Although to me, $10/hr is glory. Most people here dream of seeing those numbers here for starting as a tech.

PS: I heard rumours that CVS representators are going around here pharmacy to pharmacy offering techs wages from $12 - $16 an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

PEOPLE! Name 1 JUST ONE company that has a picture perfect image!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D'Byrd in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

60 months ago

Oh well. I've been complaing about CVS for a couple of years now, but here I am, getting ready to go into work at CVS. Another day of stress and unfinished duties,but I am still going in. Got a high evaluation this year and recieved a 2% raise (Yipee), the cost of living went up 5%, thus I am making 1% less than I did last year,but I am still going in to work.
Why am I going in? I have 3 dogs to support and bills to pay! Thus I will continue to work and continue to complain and be content in the fact that I do have a job to go to. CVS has done me wrong on a number of occasions(status change raises, doing CDs at home without compensation), but I allowed this to happen.
Any company that puts out their Employees handbook without your benefits listed in it,is deceptive. If any of you have an employee handbook that has the Sick Day policies and # of sick days per year allowed as well as vacation benefits,etc. please let me know.
Well, gotta go to work now.Have a great day!
BTW; I can not complain about my wages now after reading some of the comments above,I started out at $12.00 an hour and I am now making $14.00 an hour(that is higher than most other techs in my area).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Westminster, California

59 months ago

Ann in Crystal Lake, Illinois said: I'm a Pharmacy Tech at a WalMart- Similar to CVS- we do get a 1/2 hour lunch. I'm being trained on the job and will have to pass a Cert. Course. No one has the real time to train you at this jobsite, very stressful - baptism by fire training. They wait to tell you any helpful hints to doing the job better or faster. I have come home many nights and just cried, very tired, stressed out. Some of the Pharmacist can really put you in your place and then they make fun of you. At of public humilatation when you make a mistake. Its the roughest job I've even had. I just needed to vent I guess.

this is very true, Rite Aid pharmacists are the same way, just because they have a pharmacy degree,they think they can talk down to you, try taking orders from a pharmacist with poor English that you cant understand or one that mumbles, and you cant hear what they're saying then blame you for not "listening to them" lol, as soon as I pass CPC exam (Dr office coding) Im looking for another job lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maeris

59 months ago

I'm wondering though...
What are the mistakes that pharmacists point out? What are the pharmacists demanding from you? How many prescriptions do you all fill? There aren't many pharmacies close together over there in the US like here so you must do over 1500 a day I assume.

I think one of the toughest part of the job is dealing with medical plans and all the hoo-haa's codes you sometimes have to use in order to get prescriptions through. Plus, I don't know if it's the same over there, but having to fill the Plan Claims, each prescription, one by one. RxNumber, Plan ID, Date, Liscence, Write down the name of the patient/representative for each prescription, again and again...Such a pain :)

Although sometimes it can really piss me off when a person asks you to fill something in a hurry, and then at the last minute, after you go through talking to the medical plans(when required) and they had like 15 medicines to fill, they say, "You know want, can I have my prescription back? It's not any trouble to you is it?" After having counted like half of them already... But you get used to it. Or when they complain that they used to pay $4 for each prescription and they don't want to understand that now they have to pay $5, cause it's too much for them?

Ahhh...People are so special...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

59 months ago

Maeris said: I'm wondering though...
What are the mistakes that pharmacists point out? What are the pharmacists demanding from you? How many prescriptions do you all fill? There aren't many pharmacies close together over there in the US like here so you must do over 1500 a day I assume.

I think one of the toughest part of the job is dealing with medical plans and all the hoo-haa's codes you sometimes have to use in order to get prescriptions through. Plus, I don't know if it's the same over there, but having to fill the Plan Claims, each prescription, one by one. RxNumber, Plan ID, Date, Liscence, Write down the name of the patient/representative for each prescription, again and again...Such a pain :)

Although sometimes it can really piss me off when a person asks you to fill something in a hurry, and then at the last minute, after you go through talking to the medical plans(when required) and they had like 15 medicines to fill, they say, "You know want, can I have my prescription back? It's not any trouble to you is it?" After having counted like half of them already... But you get used to it. Or when they complain that they used to pay $4 for each prescription and they don't want to understand that now they have to pay $5, cause it's too much for them?

Ahhh...People are so special...

What people refused to understand is the PHARMACY doesn't have all the controll over the prices paid. IT'S THE PRESCRIPTION PLAN THEY HAVE. But that's always our fault...LOL LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tammy in Beaumont, Texas

59 months ago

Jess Smit in Modesto, California said: so i have worked for cvs for nearly a year as a regular employee and now that i am done with school and ready to be a tech no one wants to lift one finger to help me get into our pharmacy. our pharmacy consists of 2 techs and 2 pharmacists... now how do you make a weekly schedule with only 4 people. they have not even lifted a finger to help me make my extern hours.
i dont know what it is with this company but they need to pull their stuff together. come to find out barely anyone got their raises this time around and our location is so bad at being polite and prompt that all our customers are willingly transferring to walgreens.
wtf?

of course people are transferring to a different store no one wants to go to a store with only 4 people working there. everytime you go back you are looking at the same faces.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

techinoc in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts said: Sorry to hear about your situation. In the fast-paced(high stress) environment of CVS/Pharmacy thats not a good combination. To work at CVS/Pharmacy with those kinds of health problems. I know CVS will work you until your engine burns out. I decided to leave CVS/Pharmacy because that kind of stress is not good for anyones health.

I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrom from opening and closing RX vial lids for years. I have had to wear wrist braces (sometimes on both hands at the same time) I had one pharmacist laugh about it and soon after she was also wearing a wrist brace too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doshi in Vancouver, British Columbia

59 months ago

try working in canada as a technician,, legal responsibilites set by the college of pharmacists for technicians without responsible pay!! 10 dollars an hour acting as a pharmacist for lazy pharmacists and slave driving companies..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

theangrytech in fergus falls, Minnesota

59 months ago

Hi doshi,

Just had to let you know, my first 13 years I went thru exactly what your saying. Your Rph and or company you work for can thank their lucky stars your there, along with every customer who walks thru that door. (give yourself a pat on the back) its YOU that keeps them coming back. I also got paid CRAP, went thru the same thing your saying. Your knowledge, dedication, and ability to go thru many prescriptions without error is a beautiful thing. You are going over and beyond what most Rph ever will. So my fellow PhT THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPASSION AND QUALITY CARE FOR YOUR PEOPLE. Somewhere along the road Im hoping our dedication will truly be rewarded. take care and remember to eat lunch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mina lee in Orangevale, California

59 months ago

Hi,
I am going to attend school for Pharmacy tech. I hear that it is difficult to find a job unless you have at least 1 yr experience. Is it true? Please let me know about the real world. I've lived in Sacramento. Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JENNY2001 in Decatur, Georgia

59 months ago

YES!! IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND A JOB AS A PHARMACY TECH. I FINISH SCHOOL IN MAY OF THIS YEAR AND I'M STILL LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT!! I'M ALSO CPhT!!! IF I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING IN THE NEXT MONTH I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING ELSE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Hyde Park, Massachusetts

59 months ago

JENNY2001 in Decatur, Georgia said: YES!! IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND A JOB AS A PHARMACY TECH. I FINISH SCHOOL IN MAY OF THIS YEAR AND I'M STILL LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT!! I'M ALSO CPhT!!! IF I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING IN THE NEXT MONTH I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING ELSE!!

Going back to school is the best option.

-Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

theangrytech in fergus falls, Minnesota

59 months ago

Have you all checked with Veterans Medical Centers? If there are any in your area you may want to keep your eyes and ears open. Other than that, yes Im in Mn. with nearly 19 years of experience and in the last two years Ive had one interview and that was with the VA Med Center in Nd. and 1 hour drive from where I live. Still waiting to hear if I got the job or not. Good Luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JENNY2001 in Decatur, Georgia

58 months ago

I'm a certified pharmacy technician and I went to school for pharmacy tech. I was offer a position a kroger pharmacy, but they want to offer me less than 10.00 hr because I don't have experience. I did my internship at another kroger but they don't count that as experience! What should I do? This question is for people who are already in the pharmacy field. I know 10.00hr is on the low bar for certified pharmacy tech regardless if you have experience or not!!!! Please help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Idiot working for CVS in Granger, Indiana

58 months ago

Sorry hon, 10$ an hour is pretty good:) I am sorry to burst your bubble. I am just talking about here in South Bend,IN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

58 months ago

$10.00 is NOT good. It's not even $25000.00 Who can live off of that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tech in oc in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

I would apply to other pharmacies, there has to be anther place that would hire a hardworking person. I would try not only retail but hospitals, they pay better and I would think less stress than dealing with the public. I think the majority of the techs out there are worth more than 10 dollars an hour. In the mean time, study all you can, get your cert, keep going to school, there is always something better out there for better pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Idiot working for CVS in Granger, Indiana

58 months ago

How many Tech's do you know who live by themselves AND support a Family on a Tech salary? I do not know ANYBODY. Most full time Tech's I know have a partner who makes the real money and most single Tech's with kids are also on Welfare! Let's be honest here. Tech's are only a very, very small step above a cashier, right? 10-15$ an hour is usually it! I only work part time (under 20 hours a week) for some extra weekend money for our Teenage daughter:) Without my hubby's REAL salary we would be screwed!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JENNY2001 in Decatur, Georgia

58 months ago

Idiot working for CVS in Granger, Indiana said: Sorry hon, 10$ an hour is pretty good:) I am sorry to burst your bubble. I am just talking about here in South Bend,IN.

There offering LESS than 10.00hr!!! I'M A CPhT!!! This is not acceptable!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JENNY2001 in Decatur, Georgia

58 months ago

tech in oc in Los Angeles, California said: I would apply to other pharmacies, there has to be anther place that would hire a hardworking person. I would try not only retail but hospitals, they pay better and I would think less stress than dealing with the public. I think the majority of the techs out there are worth more than 10 dollars an hour. In the mean time, study all you can, get your cert, keep going to school, there is always something better out there for better pay

THE THING ABOUT HOSPITALS IS THAT THEY REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE 2 YEARS OR BETTER EXPERIENCE!! I WENT TO COLLEGE FOR PHARMACY TECH AND I'M ALSO CPhT!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JENNY2001 in Decatur, Georgia

58 months ago

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland said: $10.00 is NOT good. It's not even $25000.00 Who can live off of that?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT, I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

D'Byrd in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

58 months ago

Just a suggestion to all that want to work in Hospitals. Take any job the Hospital will offer you;CNA Monitor Tech;Unit Secretary,etc,etc. Once you have worked there awhile, just look at the internal Job Board and put in for a transfer when a Pharmacy Tech position opens. As an emploeee, you will have the first shot at the job.
I now work at CVS due to life circumstances, but I have worked in Hospitals for over 30 years in one position or another and the benefits are far superior to the retail sector,i.e. shift differential(more money for 2nd & 3rd shift), PTO days(Personal Time Off), more Holiday,etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maeris

58 months ago

As far as living on a Pharmacy tech salary alone with kids, my co-worker had been doing that for almost a year I think cause her husband lost her job. I think it was tight for her, but she pulled t hrough with her salary (which is only a little above $10.00 an hour). So it depends on the state I suppose.

As far as hospitals...My pharmacy preceptor (basically boss really) has told me that she'll try to get me a job inside of the Walgreens company (which I love, I guess I like working with the public) or by the time I finish my practice, she'll get me a job at a hospital cause they're always hiring. And I'll take what I can get, but even if they pay more...I dont wanna work in a hospital :-(

Although yes, it's no fun to work even on Labor Day. Pharmacy techs here start at $9.25 in Walgreens. And let me tell you, Walgreens, after hospitals, give the highest pay in the pharmacy technician field here (Puerto Rico).

And I pity my pharmacist...She can't stand blood and they're gonna start making pharmacists give the influenza shot. That's horrible T.T.

But I know you all talk about how crappy CVS is, but if I have to, I'm probably gonna end up working there when they start hiring here. I just wanna job by the time I finish my internship :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sharon in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

va in Dayton, Ohio said: CVS sucks alright,I have congestive heart failure,cardiomtopathy, and several other health issues.Would you believe CVS won't let me just do data entry, I have been with the company for almost 20 years, ans because I can't do all of the things in the pharmacy now I am just pushed aside like trash, happy and healthier lives my butt,not for employees.

its no better in louisville ky they have there pet techs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

suck it up in Spokane, Washington

58 months ago

suck it up people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

big tex in Arlington, Texas

58 months ago

wow... in Rio Rancho, New Mexico said: Everyone here is just bitching about working too much. I work for CVS as a Pharm tech. My pay is about 14. Don't blame the company as a whole. If you have crappy managers then its their problem. I have a great store manager and great pharmacy supervisor. I work 55-65 hrs a week and I love it. 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute break a shift. sometimes longer. if you don't like the store, then move or quit.

well you might have to start living there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sick of CVS in Columbia, South Carolina

58 months ago

Ive been at CVS for 1 1/2 they have dropped me down to part time bc the pharmacy lead tech hasnt sched me for at least 30hrs a week for the past 14 wks. WTF how is that my fault? A 2 percent raise isnt even worth the headache I get everyday when I walk in the door!!!! Our head RPH is great, but the store mgr and lead tech sux!!!!!!!!! Im a mom of 3 with all kids on my insurance!!!!! this place sux.........

-the pay sucks
-understaffed
-no breaks
-no lunches

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

58 months ago

Sick of CVS in Columbia, South Carolina said: Ive been at CVS for 1 1/2 they have dropped me down to part time bc the pharmacy lead tech hasnt sched me for at least 30hrs a week for the past 14 wks. WTF how is that my fault? A 2 percent raise isnt even worth the headache I get everyday when I walk in the door!!!! Our head RPH is great, but the store mgr and lead tech sux!!!!!!!!! Im a mom of 3 with all kids on my insurance!!!!! this place sux.........

-the pay sucks
-understaffed
-no breaks
-no lunches

I hate to bust the bubble, every company is cutting back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CarrieJuicy in Ringgold, Georgia

58 months ago

I've been working for CVS for almost 6 years now. My pay is 11.65/hr. I'm hoping to make 12 by December when I hit 6 years but I doubt it. Everything that everybody has said I agree strongly with. I can't tell you how many people have come and gone in that pharmacy. I at least get a 30 minute break but forget about even asking for your (2) 15 minutes breaks. The store manager says that if we ask for them then anytime we have to go to the bathroom then we have to use them for that. We just found out that corp is putting us on a skeletion crew, like as if we didn't have one already. Our new PIC is a real witch she's aleady made 2 tech so angry that they've quit and I'm on the look out for a new job. The triple s scores are really killing us along with our extra care card scores, and those PCI calls, which people hate us calling them on Saturdays and Sundays and scream at us for it. Every weekend we have at least 12 pages to due. We haven't had a counter in over a year and if your on production you have to do that and answer phones and take drive thru and front if someones on break. We're no longer allowed to take insurance cards but have to write the info down because we accidently lost one guys insurance card and he said we lost it on purpose because he was mexican. Because our score on the ready fill is low we were told to sign people up if they want it or not. So now when that anonying machine calls to tell them to come and pick up their prescription they phone us to ask what prescrition and they didn't tell us to sign then up and to take them off it. So our calls have increased now. Everybody calls about the dumbest things and never take responsibilty to find from the doctor what that medicine is for before they shovel it in their mouths. If a patient phones the doctor for a refill their told to phone us for a fax. Again more calls. Insurance is all our fault and if we don't have it done in 5 minutes your yelled at. AHHHH, it's so nice to be a CPhT at CVS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

tech in oc in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

you can apply to Rite Aid, I think they are a little better

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.