the worse place to work as a Pharmacy Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 505)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Jaye0918 in Davenport, Florida

55 months ago

linda carson in Reading, Pennsylvania said: same with Rite-Aid work work work no where to sit for lunch or break the back rooms have no seating or heat 10 cent raises don't cut it for me anymore!!!!

I worked with Eckerd Drugs before it became Rite-Aid. I came in at 6.00 an hour. I worked my tail off, mostly 12 hours a day, and barely got a 30 minute break. I was very fortunate and worked with two great pharmacists and co-workers who equally worked long and hard hours. But as far as patients taking their lives in their hands, I agree. Over worked and underpaid, definitely! I was there one year exactly and received a 10 cent raise. I gave my two weeks notice and went down the street and got a job at a convenience store where I started at 7.50 an hour and my hour pay kept going up and up and up. So sad that a job you go to school and get certified for pays so little and gets so little respect. You'd be better off getting a job in a fast food place!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pharm tech7777 in Sarasota, Florida

55 months ago

i worked for cvs as a cashier, then a shift manager then as a pharmacy tech. By far parmacy tech is the hardest most stressful job at cvs. I had each position for about a year from the time i was 16 till i was 19. But what i can say about working in retail is that it felt good to put in my two weeks notice and now i work at a rehab hospital as a per deim pharmacy tech and i make time and a half of what cvs paid me, and the stress level is 1/100 of what it was at cvs. Cvs will use you if you let them. Stand up for your self and always be looking for an opening some where else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

theangrytech in Fargo, North Dakota

55 months ago

How true, how true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KandK in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

Maybe you should have checked the average rate of pay for your position before you "wasted" your time. I know RX techs with CVS that make over $18/hr. and just because your experience at your store has not been good, it doesn't mean the CVS is not a good company. To be the largest Pharmacy Retailer in the country, they must be doing something right. Or maybe, you just really SUCK as a tech and that's why they're "dragging their feet to promote you". I am a nationally certified tech and I have done the job in the past-for CVS Pharmacy-and it's only as stressful as you make it...if you know how to do your job. Yes, they are times that are busy, but if you chose the profession because you wanted to help people it can be a very fun and rewarding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

What? in South Bend, Indiana

54 months ago

Well, to make 18$ an hour in California is pretty low. How could you survive on that? See, when you take a job and they give you the job description they do tend to "forget" to tell you the truth. More responsibility usually means more money. Pretty simple. To be a Tech and certified means NOTHING. Just that you know a little more than the Cashier upfront on how to open freaking RX bottles. CVS is terrible and by the way, WALGREENS is still the largest Pharmacy Chain but maybe CVS brainwashed you just a little. :) 18$ an hour in California, HA!!! I bet you could still apply for Welfare and section 8 on that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cvssucksithard in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

KandK in Sacramento, California said: Maybe you should have checked the average rate of pay for your position before you "wasted" your time. I know RX techs with CVS that make over $18/hr. and just because your experience at your store has not been good, it doesn't mean the CVS is not a good company. To be the largest Pharmacy Retailer in the country, they must be doing something right. Or maybe, you just really SUCK as a tech and that's why they're "dragging their feet to promote you". I am a nationally certified tech and I have done the job in the past-for CVS Pharmacy-and it's only as stressful as you make it...if you know how to do your job. Yes, they are times that are busy, but if you chose the profession because you wanted to help people it can be a very fun and rewarding job.

...Do you work for CVS upper management??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jess in Lockport, New York

54 months ago

KandK in Sacramento, California said: Maybe you should have checked the average rate of pay for your position before you "wasted" your time. I know RX techs with CVS that make over $18/hr. and just because your experience at your store has not been good, it doesn't mean the CVS is not a good company. To be the largest Pharmacy Retailer in the country, they must be doing something right. Or maybe, you just really SUCK as a tech and that's why they're "dragging their feet to promote you". I am a nationally certified tech and I have done the job in the past-for CVS Pharmacy-and it's only as stressful as you make it...if you know how to do your job. Yes, they are times that are busy, but if you chose the profession because you wanted to help people it can be a very fun and rewarding job.

true, i guess at 23 i haven't realize how important money really is and i should have had much higher standards before excepting the position. in desperate time you don't think clearly. :(

Mateo in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

New Jersey CVSer in Middletown, New Jersey said: I have been working as a certified CVS pharmacy tech for 4 years, and my wage is up to $8.51/hr, in the state with the highest cost of living, $8.51 barely buys food for the week. This company is garbage, plain and simple.

wow...i'm sorry to say this but you got messed over...try applying somewhere else and when you do don't put your real wage on there put something like 12 an hour you're a certified tech you should be atleast making that. I'm making 11.30 right now but I'm also leaving CVS to work for Walmart making 3 dollars more an hour. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ashleyK102

54 months ago

Ok...really?? CVS is pretty bad but no lunches?? I can see not taking my break cuz it can get crazy but we are NOT allowed not to take lunches!! And what the hell is this guy saying CVS is racist......U are old enough to know that its not CVS but the ignorant employees u wrk with. I'm one of the only white people in my pharmacy and everyone is great! So you should report that or something!! My pharmacy is a big family and we are just taking this BS one day at a time! You people should really know the laws in the US and one is you HAVE to take a lunch if you work more than 6 hours! ....O and weird guy who is telling ppl H R teaches DM 'how to lie' what is wrong with you? Do u also believe in conspiracy theories? You sound like you would! I'm just saying that half of you guys are just making excuses and they can be fixed!!! And WE are the only one's who can do it.....o and about the pay rate. I am only a PSA getting certified in 2 weeks and I make almost 11 and hour ! Which is Not a lot but they wouldÑt dare pay me less! And they are gonna pay at least 13 when I am certified!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ashleyK102

54 months ago

Hahahahaha that's great!!! You speak the truth!! And no one wants to believe you are a Tech. How cute! Ya If you are a crappy tech they are gonna take forever to promote you cuz they don't want to!! Our store does the highest volume in our district and we are working so hard it's been hell. All you people who aren't taking breaks or lunches ...I don't feel bad for you.sorry, but legally you are entitled to both so you not taking them is your fault. If you feel bad leaving for 15 min. With the pharm. Alone that's nice of you but I'm positive they can handle it!!!!!!!

ashleyK102

54 months ago

SECTION 8?? Are you kidding? What rich town did you grow up in honey? I don't think you understand some things..Like how if you work hard and save money and don't spent it on a Gucci purse or a Chanel dress. Or your daddy doesn't pay for everything you can be ok. I make 11/hr and live on my own in california and am gonna be certified here in about 2 weeks and if they offered me near 18/hr that would be such a blessing! So why don't you do some research and you will see that is a decent pay rate especially to start!! Open your mind a little and don't be so shallow. There is actually ppl on second 8 and welfare that make nothing and even 5/hr would be amazing trust me! Think before you just blurt out dumb and ignorant crap!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

j

54 months ago

wow... in Rio Rancho, New Mexico said: Everyone here is just bitching about working too much. I work for CVS as a Pharm tech. My pay is about 14. Don't blame the company as a whole. If you have crappy managers then its their problem. I have a great store manager and great pharmacy supervisor. I work 55-65 hrs a week and I love it. 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute break a shift. sometimes longer. if you don't like the store, then move or quit.

bully for you try 120 hrs as a assistant manager that comes out to about 3 dollars an hr i was their slave but no more i am sueing!!!!!!! no breaks lunches i cant even take a piss!!! i passed out at work from exhaustion, so dont discredit everyone elses experience if you have a good one great! i wish you the best! the individuals here are trying to get resolution and comfort from communicating with others in the same situation! so give them a break! they just as soon go postal?

pharmacytech in mi in San Jose, California

54 months ago

i work for an indpendent pharmacy i just stared 3 months ago full time open to close 9 to 6 four days a week one sat a month 11.75 an hour so far its good the techs are some times bitchy b/c im the new girl but other than that i like it i have 5 yrs exp.. walmart and walgreens suck ass maybe look into an indy pharm bit be careful if the get put outta biz ur outta job i work in detroit mi...good luck

pharmacytech in mi in San Jose, California

54 months ago

we dont sell otc crap on ASSistant managers no dm just me another tech and the owner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Max in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

Yeah I knew working at walgreens or CVS would suck, thats why I'm putting my all to try to get into a hospital. Even if I have to volunteer for FREE at first just to get in good with the boss and get experience. Retail industry is doomed nowadays, there's no way they're gonna unionized and when the economy goes down they'll cut you in an instant. Retail sucks.
@?What, you're grossly misinformed. Maybe you can't live in the hollywood hills or something but you can certainly live self sufficiently on $18 in many areas in california even LA and San francisco. I don't think you even know the value of a dollar. South bend isn't that rich of an area for you to be talking such big game.

54 months ago

If you believe 18 $ an hour would be fine to support a Family in S.F. I must make the assumtion that you are somebody who likes to live on the bare minimum! I never said South Bend is rich! Big Game? No, just being realistic. 18$ an hour is around 700$ a week. Minus Taxes and Insuranc ethere is not much left to support a Family In San Fransico. What is it a year? Around 35.000$ ??? This is what you believe is good? My, maybe your standard of living is just a little different from mine! Go try to support kids with it!
Retail is sucks and I believe they are going under anyways!

pharmacytech in mi in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

lmfao @ max value of a dollar..... @ what im pretty sure there are other people that have kids that make hella less money who can make ends meet ur telling max that there standards of living is "diffrent" a.k.a bad maybe u could try living within ur means....Theres a concept!!!

ashleyK102

54 months ago

Let me tell u something crazy....no one ever mentioned kids. Someone just ignorantly stated that you could go on welfare with $18/hr. That was all and I did not find that funny. I'm just sick of hearing all these BS complaints about little pay . If you had another source of income in your home then 18 and hour is very good. Especially if you don't have kids. You can't really expect to make much more than that as a tech. The company dosent want to just keep giving raises to someone who isn't doing anything new.. And you think CVS is going under ? Really? What gave you that idea? I live in a very small town and we have 4 CVS stores!! That's are all doing great! Sorry honey but CVS isn't going anywhere.

54 months ago

Dec. 2009 cost of living index in San Francisco: 180.2 (very high, U.S. average is 100)

Hi Ashley:

You might have not had the chance to read all of my replies and just go on my last few. If I would just go by that I would agree with you that I come across as "a little" snobby. I have said that as a part time job or as a second income in a Family which has a primary Income by the partner it is not bad. I also stated that it is not a very good job to have as a primary income to support a Family. One of the responses to another post was that this person knows many Techs which make over 18$an hour in San Fransisco. All I wanted to bring across is that 18$ an hour in San Fransisco as a primary Head of household will not get you very far. San Fransisco is one of the most expensive places in the States to live in and YES, you do qualify for Government assistance making 18$ an hour in San Fransisco. I agree that Techs should not get paid much anyways. Most Techs I have seen should be happy to have a job. You do not need a higher education. I do however believe that most Techs do not get a fair hourly rate for what they have to do. I also wrote that I only work part time (Student at a local University) and as a part time job it is pretty good. Being single and working as a Tech might be fine but would you not agree that you work hard and can not afford the little finer things in life? We have seen what is going on at CVS when it comes to script counts. Many Insurance now want you to go with Mail order and so does ours. The reimbursement from Medicaid is ridiculously low where the overhead is not even covered. My stocks in CVS have gone down significantly. By the way, I thought Walgreens was the number 1 in retail Pharmacy! I might be wrong. CVS front store sales are at an all time low. Maybe because they are getting more expensive by the quarter. I hope I come across less of a ****:)

tech in Sterling, Virginia

54 months ago

Everything written is true.

I've been doing this for three years and been in three different retail chains.

We don't care about how much education you have. One of the pharmacists I worked with bluntly said that.

There are people I work with that have four-year degrees/master's degrees you get the exact same pay as someone with a GED/high school diploma.

As long as you're certified, they don't really care about anything else.

CVS
-Certified: $11.00-12.00 an hr.
-Work you to death
-Pharmacists have little respect for the techs. Constantly talks down to them and barely acknowledges them unless they want them to work faster.
-The stupid 15 minute rule is impossible to meet when the queue is pages and pages long with waiters.
-Store manager is always in the pharmacy complaining about something.
-As usual, you have to deal with nasty customers and people who treat the drive-thru like it's McDonalds. You'd think they have more common sense to get out of the car and walk inside when it's something as important as medication concerning their health or when there's an issue with insurance.

Safeway
-Certified: $9.20
-Pharmacists are respectful to their techs.
-Workload is much less but since less prescriptions are filled, they have no money to pay their techs.
-Raises are in .20 cent intervals (what a joke.)

Target
-They pay the most to starting techs without state/national certification if you're a college student. $12.50.
-They seem to pay the most out of all the retail chains
-The rah-rah team spirit will be enough to creep you out.
-Similar working conditions like CVS.
-Even nastier customers than CVS.

Overall, a horrible job.

If you need a part-time job while you're in college, it's good because of the weird hours you can choose.

As a career? Forget it. Unless you decide to go to pharmacy school so you can make the $100,000+.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Max in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

What? in South Bend, Indiana said: If you believe 18 $ an hour would be fine to support a Family in S.F. I must make the assumtion that you are somebody who likes to live on the bare minimum! I never said South Bend is rich! Big Game? No, just being realistic. 18$ an hour is around 700$ a week. Minus Taxes and Insuranc ethere is not much left to support a Family In San Fransico. What is it a year? Around 35.000$ ??? This is what you believe is good? My, maybe your standard of living is just a little different from mine! Go try to support kids with it!
Retail is sucks and I believe they are going under anyways!

AHA you didn't say support a family at first. You should've been clear in your first post, I'm certainly not trying to support a family and be a single provider from being a pharmacy tech, hell no. No way. It can work for sure if there is 2 similar incomes though (I don' want a stay at home wife regardless of how much money I have anyway.)But a single person can surely survive.

Max in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

1 more thing though, If you're trying to raise a family off a single income of $18 an hour, you have no business trying to live in San Fran anyway, I don't think anybody's that dumb to try to make it work out, you can easily move across the bridge and rough it out in oakland lol.

carly in Port Saint Joe, Florida

54 months ago

What? in South Bend, Indiana said: I am so sorry you "wasted" you $$ on. Still look at it like this, school is never a waste. I work part time for CVS as a Tech. They want me to get certified. It is not going to happen. I will get maybe a 25 cent raise and just the mileage, time and gas would take me over 1 year to get back:)
I have druggies who have more authority than I do. It is pathetic. Management is a joke. No wonder we are being looked at as idiots by customers. Management and the pay shows us we are!

You are absolutley right about the druggies..AND our store gives $1.50 raise after being certified..I dont regret going to school. Just that I happen to work at a store where they are cutting budget and hours and laying off cause they dont have the money to pay them. Walgreens has to be a store that makes alot of money right?? BUT they cant afford to pay their employees..WHATEVER!!

carly in Port Saint Joe, Florida

54 months ago

ashleyK102 said: Hahahahaha that's great!!! You speak the truth!! And no one wants to believe you are a Tech. How cute! Ya If you are a crappy tech they are gonna take forever to promote you cuz they don't want to!! Our store does the highest volume in our district and we are working so hard it's been hell. All you people who aren't taking breaks or lunches ...I don't feel bad for you.sorry, but legally you are entitled to both so you not taking them is your fault. If you feel bad leaving for 15 min. With the pharm. Alone that's nice of you but I'm positive they can handle it!!!!!!!

I did finally walk out one day to take my lunch and they could not do anything legally but the head tech did get in my face about it!! We filled 700 RX a day. I also worked there while i was pregnant and I also had to take more frequent breaks which pissed the head tech off too. She did nothing but criticise me while i was on leave. the fact that management let it go on made me mad I KNOW its not the companys fault she acted like that but I was hurt that the manager said nothing to her. I guess it all has to do with how lucky you are to get a good manager. I finally quit cause they acted like high schoolers. Any work place can be like that though

Jose in Williamstown, New Jersey

54 months ago

mike 10 in Decatur, Georgia said: I agree with all of you. I'm a intern and I work at CVS!!!! Even though I could make over 100G,,, I will NEVER work for CVS when I graduate. I could never work for Company who abuse employees like they do. I have work morals and work ethics. CVS fails at both of these.

I'm in my last year and I let me repeat myself I have never been able to take breaks or lunches. Just imagine how many others like me are out there. When you calculate this just think of all the millions of dollars we save the company. I think intern are scared to say anything because they hope to have a job at CVS. The company uses this to their advantage and continue to abuse their powers.

Quit your whining! Be glad you have a job in this economy! Don't like it? quit or find another job!

pharmacy tech in mi in San Jose, California

54 months ago

^^^ argred jose...... (some) of u fail to realize the unemployment stats in the usa right now.. dont forget there r people who r willing to do alot more for alot less than what some of you get paid now...if u dont like your working conditions then leave. thats what i did and didnt look back...p.s. b.s. on not taking a lunch i would have quit the same day!!

AVOID CVS at all costs!!! in Burnsville, North Carolina

54 months ago

Jose in Williamstown, New Jersey said: Quit your whining! Be glad you have a job in this economy! Don't like it? quit or find another job!

Tom, is that you???

X-walgreens employee in Port Saint Joe, Florida

54 months ago

Jose in Williamstown, New Jersey said: Quit your whining! Be glad you have a job in this economy! Don't like it? quit or find another job!

Well!! He is planning on quiting! did you not read??hes an intern!!He is quitting!!

cindy in Sylmar, California

54 months ago

same problem with rite aid, no breaks ...although we are union, but union does not do anything, they just deduct the fee from our paycheck,rite aid sucks too.

QUIT COMPLAINING ! in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

You're all sitting and complaining about two main things - your pay, and breaks. As far as pay is concerned, you get back what you put in. I have been working at CVS for a little over 3 years, I can honestly say (and the pharmacists I've worked with would agree) I am the best technician at my job, which is why I am the highest paid. I started at $8, and I've gotten almost $5 in raises over the past few years. They aren't going to pay you well if you don't perform well at the job. You can't expect to make what other people make, because you are not the same person...everyones attitude toward work, as well as their work ethic is different. If you make $10, that's because you do $10 work. Now, breaks...everyone who works in a pharmacy knows breaks are few and far between. Everyone also knows that according to LABOR LAWS, you are REQUIRED to be given a break based on how many hours you work. The people who don't take breaks DON'T ASK FOR THEM. There is nowhere in the US that someone can deny you your break. Point blank period. No one is going to OFFER you a break, it's YOUR responibility to take one. They can't tell you no, IT'S THE LAW. So stop complaining. You all are complaining about your jobs yet you're STILL WORKING THERE. If you're worth so much more money as you claim, then you could easily find a job somewhere else, correct? So do it, and quit whining like a baby.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Guess again, Byrn Mawr in Burnsville, North Carolina

54 months ago

On the raises at least...you're in for a rude awakening. CVS now does not give a crap HOW much you put in, it's 2% MAXIMUM. Period, end of.

I USED to get a pretty decent raise, true. A big part of it is how cheap your manager is. But like I said, now it's capped at 2% and that's the bottom line.

On the breaks...while you're on the mark there, I've NEVER been given the two paid 15-minute breaks. But those are "company policy," not LAW right? If people aren't taking their breaks per the labor laws, they need to be bringing the wrath of the law down on some supervisors.

wow.... in Jamaica, New York

54 months ago

Guess again, Byrn Mawr in Burnsville, North Carolina said: On the raises at least...you're in for a rude awakening. CVS now does not give a crap HOW much you put in, it's 2% MAXIMUM. Period, end of.

I USED to get a pretty decent raise, true. A big part of it is how cheap your manager is. But like I said, now it's capped at 2% and that's the bottom line.

On the breaks...while you're on the mark there, I've NEVER been given the two paid 15-minute breaks. But those are "company policy," not LAW right? If people aren't taking their breaks per the labor laws, they need to be bringing the wrath of the law down on some supervisors.

What exactly am I "guessing again" on ? I work there, I know the raises are capped at 2% now, so that statement you made about the "rude awakening" I'm in for is completely irrelevant and makes no sense seeing as I'm not the one complaining, nor am I'm the one seeking more money. I was simply telling people to quit complaining about such ridiculous things because everyone knows what they will be making before they commit to a job. And again, you're preaching to the wrong person about breaks. In the 3+ years I've worked there I've gotten maybe 4 breaks, 3 of which were when I was pregnant with my twins. I don't care about breaks. I'm not the one complaining.

Jessie in Etters, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Is it true Manager's will be required to work 55 hours per week??? Anyone else heard that???

pam devi in London, United Kingdom

53 months ago

i will keep it short and sweet any one who is working in a health care profession - can i repeat health care yes care profession and complains about money is better off out of the profession !

can i also state that any dispenser jealous of a pharmacists wage is a danger to the public and can cause harm by attacking the pharmacist with bitter words and criminal behaviour such as leaving the pharmacist to do all the wor, distracting them on purpose, rushing them, bullying them - know your place dispensers otherwise you will end up behind bars.

i question whether the jealous is about wages or the predominantion of the pharmacy profession by ethnic minorities

i am asian and have been bullied by white pharmacy staff -
please remember the pharmacies have cameras

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

della b in detroit, Michigan

53 months ago

pam....wtf r u talkin about we r talkin bout the worse places to work at not what else stupid and totally off the subject can u think of to say 1. no offence to good pharmacist but there r some bad ones out here period! black, brown, white,green,blue wtf ever they r stuck up, mean, and rude, they think there better than everyone else bc they make more money and they treat the techs like dogs PERIOD!!!!!!! now about bein asian wtf r u talkin bout so its ok to treat the techs bad but everyone should respect u because ur an asian pharmacist. a pharmacy can not or will not run smoothly without BOTH PIECES.... so the whole im asian and a pharmacist or wtf eva u r so u should respect me is bull crap! stay on topic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mz Bea in Wylie, Texas

53 months ago

I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth area, and I've seen some interesting salaries on posted job openings for up to $15-$18 / hr. In many states like Texas and all eventually,it will be mandatory to be be state certified to work in a pharmacy. I should be starting my training fairly soon. The state will pay for it because I'm unemployed. I hope I can get one of those higher paying tech jobs because a lot of them pay poorly.

There are two good groups to join to find out information about Pharmacy tech jobs,requirements and changes in the industry.

The Truth about CVS

53 months ago

Initially I had thought it was a good company to work for,pay,growth,promotions,etc..all the BS I was told about the company and that they advertised in the Beauty Advisor position. The description was perfect and very hopeful but the job was much different. I accepted the part time hours as a Beauty Advisor with promise for a full time position that I really wanted...that was until I noticed that the full time Beauty Advisors could not even afford to buy groceries, pay rent etc...bottom line CVS Retail Stores underpay their store employees and most of their store upper management team dont know their as- from their elbow! My District Beauty Advisor was unprofessional and dirty looking, I dont know how the hell she had that position, as others in upper management. The lunch room and bath rooms were filthy.It is and always will be the worst place that I have ever worked in my life.I honestly could write a book on what I observed as a former employee of CVS, it was a total nighmare of one episode after another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rhonda in Chino, California

53 months ago

The Truth about CVS said: Initially I had thought it was a good company to work for,pay,growth,promotions,etc..all the BS I was told about the company and that they advertised in the Beauty Advisor position. The description was perfect and very hopeful but the job was much different. I accepted the part time hours as a Beauty Advisor with promise for a full time position that I really wanted...that was until I noticed that the full time Beauty Advisors could not even afford to buy groceries, pay rent etc...bottom line CVS Retail Stores underpay their store employees and most of their store upper management team dont know their as- from their elbow! My District Beauty Advisor was unprofessional and dirty looking, I dont know how the hell she had that position, as others in upper management. The lunch room and bath rooms were filthy.It is and always will be the worst place that I have ever worked in my life.I honestly could write a book on what I observed as a former employee of CVS, it was a total nighmare of one episode after another.

Tell me about it! I was told that as a beauty advisor I would be selling skincare, hold beauty events, etc. Well, it's always the etc. All I do is cashier and do tasking. It's the day before valentines day and they only have 2 people for the whole front store. Sometimes it's been just me! I know what you mean about the stinkin bathrooms. I wonder if the CEO Tom Ryan lets the public use his bathroom and then he has to clean it before he leaves work each day. It's an awful company to work for.

Irritated in Cameron, North Carolina

53 months ago

I cant you believe you people. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You sit here complaining about how terrible your jobs are when you should be happy that you have a job at all. Everyday thousands of people are losing their jobs in this country and would be happy to have anything. You have work and get paid actually a decent amount. So what if you have to put up with attitude from your boss and customer, who doesnt? Get over yourselves and shut the hell up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

rhonda in Chino, California

53 months ago

Irritated in Cameron, North Carolina said: I cant you believe you people. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You sit here complaining about how terrible your jobs are when you should be happy that you have a job at all. Everyday thousands of people are losing their jobs in this country and would be happy to have anything. You have work and get paid actually a decent amount. So what if you have to put up with attitude from your boss and customer, who doesnt? Get over yourselves and shut the hell up!

Yes Cameron, we are thankful that we have a job but that doesn't give CVS the right to treat us like slaves. Whenever I ask the DCS why we don't have enough employees or hours all he ever says is "CVS is trying to stay in business. Well if things are so tough, how can they give $100,000 to the show "Extreme Makeover". Also, if they are so broke how did they have enough to buy Longs drugs?????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

poed in Universal City, Texas

53 months ago

Safety First, Profits After That in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Forget unions. What you're are describing is the VERY purpose of the existance of state boards of pharmacy: To ensure public safety... and that SHOULD mean requiring pharmacies are properly staffed. But it doesn't because the big corporate lawyers and lobbiests have bought off the boards. There is a huge public safety risk with the way that these chains like CVS are allowed to keep getting away with staffing their pharmacies. Until the boards step in and start mandating better staffing and actual break times and lunches for ALL pharmacy employees (RPh + techs), our patients are playing Russian Roulette with their lives everytime they fill a prescription at a CVS or Walgreens. Lovely, eh?!

you nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jsranchmn in rollog, Minnesota

53 months ago

Well I was in the finance department.Walgreen's financing has been outsourced to Genpact. Genpact is India. All the jobs went overseas. That didn't feel too good

53 months ago

della b in detroit, Michigan said: cameron is right.. how dare us come into this PUBLIC FORUM and express our frustrations about our working conditions and bosses and be support for someone who might be feeling the same way but cant express it, how dare us complain about no breaks and lunches what is wrong with us? did we forget that we the pharmacy techinicans r in modern day slavery how dare us find a forum where we can vent frustrations bout what we all do for a living how sometimes we feel hopeless and angry...WE have no right to complain or give each other advice on a public forum..Cameron shut the hell up yes we know there r people who would love to have our jobs but guess whar dingbat they dont so untill them why dont u just shut the heck up douche bag.....

You, my friend, deserve a standing ovation. We are here to vent. It is out right. And yes, It does happen everywhere the slave-drivers, I no longer work for walgreens BC my job went to the folks in orlando where they do the filling and entering scripts! Then it gets mailed to the store where we sell it. Thats all the store does now. The only scripts we filled were the waiters. And we were made to push next-day pick up! AS IF! what the heck would someone what to get out in cold weather to drive back and pick it up tommorrow when i can wait on it cause I am already here!! That is just in florida though and a few other states, But the stores doing that are going to end up loosing customers. They already have lost some due to the new system. SO I WILL COME HERE AND VENT AND VENT ALL I WANT CAUSE THATS WHY THIS IS HERE!!!

53 months ago

Mz Bea in Wylie, Texas said: I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth area, and I've seen some interesting salaries on posted job openings for up to $15-$18 / hr. In many states like Texas and all eventually,it will be mandatory to be be state certified to work in a pharmacy. I should be starting my training fairly soon. The state will pay for it because I'm unemployed. I hope I can get one of those higher paying tech jobs because a lot of them pay poorly.

There are two good groups to join to find out information about Pharmacy tech jobs,requirements and changes in the industry.

I was certified 3 months after working at walreens and trust me..The pay was not that much more. depending on cost of living in your area, $15-$18 an hour is actually really good. Here in florida where cosst of living averages about $1200/month rent, I was only paid $13/hour and mine and my husbands income was barely getting us by. IT SUCKS!!

53 months ago

Exactly! and when they schedule a person to work monday night from 4-12midnight, then be back the next day at 7&8AM!! If thats not safe. A person by law should have at least 10 hours between shifts. What if this person fell asleep at the wheel?? And when something is said to management and they say well we all work hours like that!! WTH!!Its easier on the younger employees and they might can handle it better but me, 30 year-old with 2 small kids..That get tough to do..

della b in detroit, Michigan

53 months ago

wow x walgreens employee wtf @ walgreens givin ur job to orlando florida there crazy wouldnt it cost more money to do it that way sending the rx's out then mailing it than to just have you all do it? is it true the florida walgreens have a 8 hour wait time?

Maeris

53 months ago

Seriously? Eight hour wait time for a prescription? How many prescriptions do you do daily to have such a long waiting time. Here you tell them an hour and the customers already look at you like "what the heck? You're joking right?" let alone a two hour waiting time.

And the new changes to the walgreens system are lame. Why can't we delete prescriptions? Pharmacists are mad cause now they have to go out of their way to do Delete to stored, seriously...

CPHT in New York

53 months ago

cvssucksithard in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania said: i HATE rx connect.

We get rx coonect in our store in march...and ive heard nothing but bad reviews on the program..what can you all tell me about the new system??

CPHT in New York

53 months ago

Irritated in Cameron, North Carolina said: I cant you believe you people. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You sit here complaining about how terrible your jobs are when you should be happy that you have a job at all. Everyday thousands of people are losing their jobs in this country and would be happy to have anything. You have work and get paid actually a decent amount. So what if you have to put up with attitude from your boss and customer, who doesnt? Get over yourselves and shut the hell up!

I cant believe you would come into this forum..read all the posts then tell us to stop posting!! You should be ashamed for taking the time to read all of our frustartions..then go and start a post telling us to stop!! Its called freedom of speech for a reason!!

53 months ago

It's not that bad but sooooo slow:) Wait till they want you to do all the other stuff with it. All these silly reports which look good on paper but in reality they just hinder us to interact with the customers. Our Clientele is so socio economic disadvantage that their # are changing every 5 minutes and so do their residence. We can never get a hold of anybody and are being scolded for that. RX connect takes longer than before. More steps to accomplish certain activities. I do like the on hold retrieve. No more pulling of a hard copy. That's pretty much the only good thing I can say of it. I wish Tom Ryan would come undercover to our store on the 1st of a month. He could see what he is doing to us. All these rules do not go over well in all the CVS stores:)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.