Advice on getting my foot in door as a phlebotomy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Linda in Perris, California

61 months ago

I had recived my phlebotomy certification about a year ago, and had no luck getting a job. Does any body know of any positions near riverside COUNTY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Franklin, Ohio

61 months ago

Yes does seem very hard to find this kind of work going to continue my education cant get foot in door. They want experience how do you get if no ono hires you lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no nomea

61 months ago

Linda in Perris, California said: I had recived my phlebotomy certification about a year ago, and had no luck getting a job. Does any body know of any positions near riverside COUNTY?

When applying for a job perhaps you may want to use your internship, and schooling as a year of work. Or however you want to list such as 6 months of training. Also when getting an interview; perhaps you may want to say something like: "I may not have the year of experience however I will bring to the table my knowledge in healthcare setting; not to mention my enthusiaism, my adaptability, I am a quick understudy, I am willing to go the extra mile in getting the job assignment completed." "I am sure you will be pleased with my qualifications, my vision, my goals, and how well I get along with my team members"

Hope this helps. Keep applying and keep working on your persentation. YOU will get a job soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristal in Corona, California

55 months ago

I have tried everything from hospitals to blood banks, Quest, Labcorp, and I keep getting the same thing not enough experience. Kaiser does not even let you apply unless you have 6 months paid experience. In all honesty I dont see how you can get your foot in the door as a phlebotomist. You can't do vaulter work since it is a liability to draw so that's out, the Blood bank just cut hours and laid off employees so they are not hiring. I keep sending out my resume to everyone I can but i just think that this trade is saturated due to the economy and there is a better change of wining the Lotto then getting a job as a phlebotomist when you are a new grad with no experience but your externship. Don't know why the extern's are not longer 1-2 weeks is nothing it does not even count in the real world.

But I wish you all the best of luck as for me I guess I will keep trying to be the lotto winner :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.