Per Diem???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Victoria in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

I was wondering how Per Diem works excately? I am new to the phlebotomy world, and really need someone to explain how a per Diem position works.... I understand what it means, I just would like someone to walk me through it, or explain their past experiences with a per Diem position. Thank in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nan Dalton

86 months ago

Per Diem work is when a facility needs you they call you. You can go into any facility and tell them what hours you are available, they will call you when needed. The pay usually starts at a better salary than regular hourly workers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gabrielle in Orangeburg, New York

86 months ago

I've worked per diem for a few years in the past. Some were almost like a "real job", they needed me a lot, other times, I covered people being out. The only bad thing is if you really want the hours, it's not consistant. I liked it when my kids were small and I only did it for positions in the afternoon or evening. I was a CNA and pharmacy tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nan Dalton

86 months ago

The problem I am having with the Per Diem, not enough hours. I am trying to get in with an insurance co. going to homes of insurance applicants applying for life insurance. Its just a basic physical needed to be performed, blood, urine, sometimes EKG's, and medical history, the pay is good and the hours are my own, but I do not have 1 years experience yet, and that is what they are requiring. I am in my extern ship at Mercy Hosp. in Scranton, I guess I will give it a year there on Per Diem and just wait the year out. I do have a full time job 9-5 in sales, my office is in my home, so my hours are pretty flexable, if I get called out for a few hours, I can do it, as long as I am not out of town, or have a meeting scheduled. Well I'm still new at this, so I will see how it goes. Thanks for your comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tomika Brown in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

I need phlebotomist and lvn"s that are serious about working and making money. Mobile collections for insurance companies alot of work. flexible hour part time or full time contact me today 310-671-3420
Los angeles, orange county, hollywood and other cities we will train

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nan

85 months ago

Usually people who take per diem work are employed full time somewhere else, and me personally I do this for xtra cash. You do not get any kind of health benefits with per diem work. They will call you when someone calls in sick, or if they are short staffed. You might get called in for a shift, you might get called for a week, or a weekend, depending what the circumstances are.
Feel free to email me gran2n@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

smilingeyes in Denver, Colorado

84 months ago

Tomika Brown in Los Angeles, California said: I need phlebotomist and lvn"s that are serious about working and making money. Mobile collections for insurance companies alot of work. flexible hour part time or full time contact me today 310-671-3420

Only Cali?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C. R. in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Tomika Brown in Los Angeles, California said: I need phlebotomist and lvn"s that are serious about working and making money. Mobile collections for insurance companies alot of work. flexible hour part time or full time contact me today 310-671-3420

Interested phlebotomist looking for work with insurance companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nola Rumsey

79 months ago

I will be completing my phlebotomy training this coming October of 08 and am wanting part time doing mobile collections for insurance companies. I am in Placerville, California and enjoy traveling. I am one of several at the top of my class in grades, attendance and of performing the venipunctures, blood draws, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

janetdrozdowski@yahoo.com in Waldron, Arkansas

76 months ago

I WOULD LIKE A TRAVELING PHLEBOTOY JOB. HAVE PHLEBOTOMIST CERTIFICATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Carol Hyde in Ontario, California

76 months ago

I recently completed my phlebotomy training and certification (August 08) My externship was in an acute care hospital where I completed 62 hours of training with 92 venipunctures and 10 finger/heelsticks. I currently have a full time job and am looking for a per diem position. I enjoy working and am extremely reliable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Consultant in Morris Plains, New Jersey

75 months ago

What is the best way to tap into hourly phlebotomy services around the country? I am working with a client that is interested in utilizing contract phlebotomists at specialty practices on a weekly or monthly basis.

Mike in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

smilingeyes in Denver, Colorado said: Only Cali?

Iam California State Certification license Phlebotomy Technician.
Please let me know if any job avalible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob 949 in Mission Viejo, California

70 months ago

I am looking for employment as CPT 1 in CA, Orange County. Just have got my license, great attitude and skills, excellent resume and referrals. The only thing is-no one is hiring without one or two years of experience. I have (and, probably some of you too) seen phlebotomists with experience who did fishing, who have had not very good attitude towards patients, who did not properly follow safety precautions, and so on… What is the big deal about mandatory 1 or 2 year on paid job? Anyways, I was wandering if employers read this forum. Does anybody know who is hiring? Thank you all :-)

dedicated worker in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

Interested certified phlebotomist looking for work with insurance companies in chicago,illinois and south surburb's area's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sharon black in Hamburg, New York

44 months ago

I have 10 years experience as a phlebotomist I work part-time at a hospital I am interested in doing mobile work or insurance exams I have 3 years experience for that. sharon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.