Physical education job market

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

aczynski in Downers Grove, Illinois

72 months ago

What is the market like for physical education teachers in Illinois? Does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed Head in Downers Grove, Illinois

70 months ago

aczynski in Downers Grove, Illinois said: What is the market like for physical education teachers in Illinois? Does anyone know?

Teaching in Illinois (outside of private schools and Chicago public schools) is getting more and more difficult unless you are a young teacher with little or no experience. More and more I am finding that schools are hiring these type of teachers so that they can keep the pay down. Often districts carry out a practice of letting these same teachers go within 4 years before tenure kicks in - again to keep the pay down. I know this is a cynical viewpoint, but I have been in education for awhile now and these practices seem to be becoming more and more common.

A side note - You will benefit from holding a certificate or degree in a needed field like special education. These positions also have a very high burn-out rate though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mentzy30 in Streamwood, Illinois

64 months ago

We had a position open at a junior high with over 500 people applying. So it is hard to get a job with that amount of people applying for any one job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.