Can you get your doctorate in PT while working full time?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

DaveMan in Pepperell, Massachusetts

37 months ago

Like can you take 1-3 night or weekend classes a semester while working? I am going for just a physical therapy assistant degree for now and already have a bachelors, just not good enough marks to go for the DPT yet, nor do I have the time because I need to move out of home asap. I know for the PTA program it is all pre scheduled classes full time and you have the same people in every class, so there is no part time class schedule options. Please help because I eventually want to pursue the DPT later on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DaveMan in Hollis, New Hampshire

35 months ago

anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maggie in Savannah, Georgia

35 months ago

I am getting my doctorate now and am almost finished. The simple answer to that is no. There is entirely too much work already put on you to excel, and no one from my program would ever have the time to have a full time job throughout the entire course of our program. Additionally, courses are predetermined and cannot accommodate a work schedule. Certain semesters it may be possible to work after class. The most anyone of the 5 classes I have seen going through the program during my 3 years work is 20 hours a week.
Good luck

DaveMan in Groton, Massachusetts

35 months ago

Maggie in Savannah, Georgia said: I am getting my doctorate now and am almost finished. The simple answer to that is no. There is entirely too much work already put on you to excel, and no one from my program would ever have the time to have a full time job throughout the entire course of our program. Additionally, courses are predetermined and cannot accommodate a work schedule. Certain semesters it may be possible to work after class. The most anyone of the 5 classes I have seen going through the program during my 3 years work is 20 hours a week.
Good luck

Do most people live with parents or how do they afford to live?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

larthur in New York, New York

32 months ago

Loans... Lots and lots of loans.. That is, ofcourse, if you do not have a significant other that can pay the bills while you complete school..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.