Pt from india with 3 years experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Anapt in Lombard, Illinois

28 months ago

Hi
I am Pt from india. I have worked with a hospital in india for 3 years.I am in Chicago now on H4 visa. Can anyone please tell me all the pre works for visa screen certificate or H1b? Also please help me out on all pre requisites for fccpt credit evaluation and in which category should I apply? Toefl to be given before applying for fccpt or after that? When to register for NPTE exam? Where would I need my India PT license? I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Help in Richmond Hill, New York

28 months ago

Hi Anapt
I am recently approved by the NY state to take my PT license. I am also a PT from India and had some prereqs. to complete so had to wait to get approved. The process i went through was as follows;
1. Got my credentials evaluated from CGFNS. You can also do it through FCCPT but they charge more.I had applied straight for PT LICENSE in NY. NY has some procedures and don't accept direct applications for license without credential evaluation directly from credential evaluation authority. Check with your state requirements from their licensing website
2. TOEFL has to be before applying to FCCPT as they need the scores.
3. The state receives the credential evaluation from say FCCPT or CGFNS and sends an approval for you to sit for the NPTE exam. This exam is conducted by FSBPT which also gives websites for your state licensing authorities. So check the FSBPT site for chicago authority and you will get the details.
4. For Fccpt: You will have to fill their application and get your college transcripts sealed and send to them directly from your school for evaluation. It is advisable to send a syllabus also as they are not aware of the courses we take in India.
5. Once all this process is done you will receive an approval from your state to apply to FSBPT for license exam and then only you can apply.
MIND that each state has its own rules and regulations so definitely check the below website for your state.

www.fsbpt.org/LicensingAuthorities/index.asp
Hope this helps you.
Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ekta in Jersey City, New Jersey

28 months ago

Hi Anapt,
Even i am planing to apply for the visa screen certificate. I had some questions if u can help me it will be great.

whic year did u get your visa screen certificate from CGFNS, did u lack any general credits before then gave u a visa screen certificate???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ekta in Jersey City, New Jersey

28 months ago

Hi Help in Richmond,
Even i am planing to apply for the visa screen certificate. I had some questions if u can help me it will be great.

whic year did u get your visa screen certificate from CGFNS, did u lack any general credits before then gave u a visa screen certificate???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rajashree in Portland, Oregon

27 months ago

Hi help in richmond,how much time does fccpt/cgfns take to verify the credits.....i am planning to get my license done in new york....and is it that only when we complete our deficient number of credits, we are allowed to take npte,or we can take npte before that?if we lack in credits, do they suggest us online courses to finish it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.