can a romanian citizen work in usa as a PT?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

nadia in Baia Mare, Romania

57 months ago

hi.im a bechelor of PT in romania.im looking for a job in my field with knowledge especially in neurology orthopedics. I like much what I do and I would like to know what kind of chances can i have in the USA. i was in usa with j1 visa in chicago and new mexic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lake Co PT in Lakeport, California

57 months ago

Hi Nadia,

I'm not sure if you found the info you needed, but you can try the website for The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy: www.fsbpt.org/ForCandidatesAndLicensees/NonUSEducated/index.asp. There is a section with info for PTs trained outside of the U.S. Each state might be a little different, but I imagine most will require you to work under supervision of a U.S.-licensed PT for a period of time after passing the PT Board Exam. You might also want to search the Physical Therapy Practice Acts of the states in which you want to work.

I have a question for you. How is the job market in Romania? I have been looking into working in Europe, particularly Romania, but am not sure what is out there for PT or PT-related fields.

nadia in Baia Mare, Romania

57 months ago

Lake Co PT in Lakeport, California said: Hi Nadia,

I'm not sure if you found the info you needed, but you can try the website for The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy: www.fsbpt.org/ForCandidatesAndLicensees/NonUSEducated/index.asp . There is a section with info for PTs trained outside of the U.S. Each state might be a little different, but I imagine most will require you to work under supervision of a U.S.-licensed PT for a period of time after passing the PT Board Exam. You might also want to search the Physical Therapy Practice Acts of the states in which you want to work.

I have a question for you. How is the job market in Romania? I have been looking into working in Europe, particularly Romania, but am not sure what is out there for PT or PT-related fields.

Thank you for the information you provided, I find it useful. As for your question, I can tell you that the job market in Romania (if you're interested in a PT position) is rather poor.I myself have been looking for a job here for almost nine months now and the situation at present seems hopeless.I graduated in 2007, was hired as a PT in 2008 at the local hospital and made redundant in 2009 on recession grounds.Should you need further information,let me know.

Kimberly Marshick in Grand Rapids, Michigan

56 months ago

If you have found that you are able to work in the US, I have an opening in Kalamazoo Michigan. Please reply if you are able to work and/or interested in the position.

sosoftail in Spartanburg, South Carolina

38 months ago

My Romanian boyfriend wants a job in USA. He used to do painting on ships but currently works as a security guard in Cyprus, Greece. What can I do to help him. Most employment agencies laugh me off & calling jobs directly gets me some ugly responses. We have been wanting him to come to USA since 06. How can we find a job & get him an invitation to come by work visa? He worked & saved so he would not come here broke & now needs a job. Please help.

Le Cadeau in Doha, Qatar

33 months ago

Dear

If you are interested in working in Qatar, please forward your CV to the e mail bellow

qlecadeau@live.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.