How do I find a PT who wants to relocate to a remote location?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Mandy Clive in Mesa, Arizona

63 months ago

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can find PT's who would be interested in working in a remote location like Fort Mojave, AZ? Or Ausberry, CA? Most of the PT's I know are interested in working in or near large cities. If anyone has any good ideas, I would appreciate the tips.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PT in FL

63 months ago

lschugg in Gilbert, Arizona said: Mandy,

I too work for a staffing agency in Mesa, Az. We specialize in really remote areas as well. I am actually staying late tonight trying to find the answer to your very question! I am trying to convince my boss to use a PT travel job board but all the ones I have been looking up are really expensive. Do you know of any good job boards where PT's go specifically looking to travel? We currently use the big ones like Careerbuilder, Monster, and some of the more popular nursing job boards but they just arent cutting it for me. Obviously every Allied healthcare and PT job board tells me they are the best but I am unsure. I would love to swap some emails with you, sounds like we are in the same predicament. Anyways, my email is Lance@abstaffing.com.

Lance

Hi,
I am an older PT (no, I don't want a job right now :) but I would suggest a couple of options:
1. Contact PT and PTA schools and ask if you can post the jobs on one of their bulletin boards. Just talking with the school officials may give you some ideas for your areas. Sometimes they are looking for clinical sites for their students. If one of your facilities already has a PT who would willing to take a student, that would also be a recruiting tool.
2. Many students have huge loans -- if the facility was willing to help them pay off their loans in exchange for a set amount of service, that may also attract therapists.
3. Try contacting the American Physical Therapy Association (www.APTA.org)-- they have a job board. There are state branches which also have a job board.
4. "Advance" for Physical Therapists often advertises traveling PT jobs. I believe they are online too.

Forgive me if these suggestions are too simplistic -- but the above are things I would consider if I were at a facility and recruiting.

KTPT

61 months ago

i am a PT, i have considered this very thing (ie working in a remote area as a traveler, in AZ none the less). BUT, it REALLY needs to be worth my while and i have yet to see any travel agency put any real numbers out there. my advice is to post salary (it can be a range) and 'perks', not just 'competitive and DOE'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Ethos Company in Plano, Texas

27 months ago

KTPT said: i am a PT, i have considered this very thing (ie working in a remote area as a traveler, in AZ none the less). BUT, it REALLY needs to be worth my while and i have yet to see any travel agency put any real numbers out there. my advice is to post salary (it can be a range) and 'perks', not just 'competitive and DOE'.

KTPT - we have travel jobs in AZ that offer $50 an hour (24.50 of that tax free), full medical insurance, no non-compete, 30 day or 2 week notices, flexible schedules, paid ceu's, paid license, and travel allowances. All this is put in our contracts as well.

Please consider talking with one of our recruiters or email me personally.
cmiller@theethoscompany.com

Thanks KTPT.

ALAVOT in Lodi, New Jersey

25 months ago

hello

25 months ago

Physical Therapist
Office in Teaneck, NJ looking to employ a Physical Therapist on a part-time basis. Good pay, flexible hours. Please e-mail resumes to: officemd757@gmail.com

25 months ago

Physical Therapist
Office in Teaneck, NJ looking to employ a Physical Therapist on a part-time basis. Good pay, flexible hours. Please e-mail resumes to: officemd757@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.