foreign trained PT wishing to work in the US

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Adaphysio in United Kingdom

33 months ago

Hello everyone. I'm a Nigerian physiotherapist and I want to work in the US. So far, the process has been very frustrating. I would appreciate any advice on how to go about it. I would also like to get more information on good recruitment agencies or any employers who can help me out with work visa. Since I'm currently based in Nigeria, I'm also wondering how to go about writing the npte exam which is being held in the US. Thanks for all ur help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

hill2dtops in Chicago, Illinois

31 months ago

HI ADA, YOU WOULD HAVE TO complete a type 1 fccpt evaluation and when you complete that you can look for an employer that may invite you while you study for the NPTE or better still you can study for the NPTE and come to the US on tourist visa to do the exam. what school did you graduate from and what year? liquid@uymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

adaphysio in United Kingdom

31 months ago

Thanks a lot for your answer. Will start lookking into that immediately. I graduated from the University of Lagos in 2010. Thanks again! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Claudia Vanek in Branson, Missouri

28 months ago

Hi, I am a graduated PT from Brazil , I am an American permanent resident for 3 years and I am still working on this type 1 FCCPT process and it really is frustrating. I will shortly be moving forward to do the NPTE test ,since I know that is my next step but I can't wait to get a job or learn how to speed up this long process . Does anyone can help me with some more information?

soon in Pompano Beach, Florida

11 months ago

Claudia Vanek in Branson, Missouri said: Hi, I am a graduated PT from Brazil , I am an American permanent resident for 3 years and I am still working on this type 1 FCCPT process and it really is frustrating. I will shortly be moving forward to do the NPTE test ,since I know that is my next step but I can't wait to get a job or learn how to speed up this long process . Does anyone can help me with some more information?

if still need help or sponsorship contact me

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.