question re: working in the UK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

vinganca in Odenton, Maryland

62 months ago

I received my MPT in the US. Now I'm moving to the UK, and I have no idea what the registration process is like for US-trained PTs. Is there an exam to take in order to get registration? Would I have to undergo more training or a period of supervised work before I could have full clearance to practice physiotherapy?

I've got EU citizenship, so I don't need to worry about visas or work permits or any of that. But if anyone could talk me through the process of getting my credentials recognized and getting HPC registration as a physiotherapist, I'd be very grateful. I have no idea what to do or where to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fares sergio abdouni marcellan in London, United Kingdom

59 months ago

vinganca in Odenton, Maryland said: I received my MPT in the US. Now I'm moving to the UK, and I have no idea what the registration process is like for US-trained PTs. Is there an exam to take in order to get registration? Would I have to undergo more training or a period of supervised work before I could have full clearance to practice physiotherapy?

I've got EU citizenship, so I don't need to worry about visas or work permits or any of that. But if anyone could talk me through the process of getting my credentials recognized and getting HPC registration as a physiotherapist, I'd be very grateful. I have no idea what to do or where to start.

HI I AM SPANISH QUALIFIED PHYSICAL THERAPIST AND I DID AN ADAPTATION PROGRAMME IN UK AND GOT REGISTER WITH HPC,
CONTACT THEM AND FILL ALL THE PAPERWORK THEY REQUIRE,THEY WILL ASK FOR ALL YOUR HOURS OF PRACTICS AND WHERE DID YOU DID IT,THEY HAVE 4 CORE AREAS>
ORTHOPAEDICS
MEDICAL AND SURGICAL WHICH INVOLVES INTENSIVE CARE
NEUROLOGY
OUTPATIENTS
THEY ARE OK WITH THE GENERAL KNOWLEDGE,IS MOR EHTE FACT THEY CAN ASK YOU FOR AN INTERSHIP TO OCMPLETE YOUR DEFICEINCY
THE PROCESS IS EASIER THAN THE AMERICAN ONE AND YOU CAN COMPENSATE THEN WITH INTERNSHIP
MORE QUESTIONS CONTACTR faresabdouni@hotmail.com

I have the opposite problem,i want to go to us,and need help and advice ,so we can chat and exchange info

Michael in Valencia, Spain

47 months ago

fares sergio abdouni marcellan in London, United Kingdom said: HI I AM SPANISH QUALIFIED PHYSICAL THERAPIST AND I DID AN ADAPTATION PROGRAMME IN UK AND GOT REGISTER WITH HPC,
CONTACT THEM AND FILL ALL THE PAPERWORK THEY REQUIRE,THEY WILL ASK FOR ALL YOUR HOURS OF PRACTICS AND WHERE DID YOU DID IT,THEY HAVE 4 CORE AREAS>
ORTHOPAEDICS
MEDICAL AND SURGICAL WHICH INVOLVES INTENSIVE CARE
NEUROLOGY
OUTPATIENTS
THEY ARE OK WITH THE GENERAL KNOWLEDGE,IS MOR EHTE FACT THEY CAN ASK YOU FOR AN INTERSHIP TO OCMPLETE YOUR DEFICEINCY
THE PROCESS IS EASIER THAN THE AMERICAN ONE AND YOU CAN COMPENSATE THEN WITH INTERNSHIP
MORE QUESTIONS CONTACTR faresabdouni@hotmail.com

I have the opposite problem,i want to go to us,and need help and advice ,so we can chat and exchange info

Hi! I'm a Spanish Physical Therapist too, and I am in the process of validating my physical Therapy degree in the US.
I have gone through FCCPT, but they still have not finished my report for Texas.
I realize that it has been 12 months since your last comment, so you might have already gone through the process (USCIS certificate, credentials evaluation, toefl, additional education..??) Could you please tell me about your actual circumstances considering a PT License in the U.S?
Tuviste que hacer mucho General Education de más?
Me he diplomado este año.
Espero recibir noticias tuyas pronto! Un saludo!

Teressa in Madrid, Spain

22 months ago

Michael in Valencia, Spain said: Hi! I'm a Spanish Physical Therapist too, and I am in the process of validating my physical Therapy degree in the US.
I have gone through FCCPT, but they still have not finished my report for Texas.
I realize that it has been 12 months since your last comment, so you might have already gone through the process (USCIS certificate, credentials evaluation, toefl, additional education ..??) Could you please tell me about your actual circumstances considering a PT License in the U.S?
Tuviste que hacer mucho General Education de más?
Me he diplomado este año.
Espero recibir noticias tuyas pronto! Un saludo!

Hi,

Thank you so much for your answer, it was helpful. I'm an American living in Spain, and I'm trying to help a friend who's a PT who wants to work in the U.S. He's "diplomado" in physical therapy and has a master, and he's curious to know if he'll have to do general education studies, because as I'm sure you know, the U.S. requirements are different. Were you able to eventually get licensed in the U.S.? Did you have to go back to school in order to meet all of the education requirements? And another thing I'm confused about, did you have to take the TOEFL in order to do the credential evaluation through FCCPT, or is the TOEFL something the state licensing board requires?

¡Espero que hayas tenido suerte y que ya estés allí trabajando! Agradezco caulquier consejo que me puedes dar.

Thanks a million, saludos!

Gracek90 in Opole, Poland

9 months ago

Working as a teacher in UK my be a bit problematic. Uninted Kingdom started to use various programs which brings a lot of profits for their schools (especially kindergartens). The example of this is: mykindergarten.co.uk which is connected with such services like CMS, electronical terminals etc. It is obvious that you should know something about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.