Physical Therapy Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (919) - Start a Discussion

Jtaylor in Sallisaw, Oklahoma

PTA REFRESHER COURSE

Has anyone taken either the Therapy Team, Therapy Ed, or PT Final Exam review course? I am wanting to take the test one last time and need to find s...

PD in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

NPTE for PTA's

You can practice for the NPTE for PTA's here: https://myexam.gnomio.com/

NH in New York, New York

Updated 15 months ago

What was your GPA that got you accepted into PTA Program? - 3 Replies

Hello all. Currently my GPA is in good standing at about 3.5 give or take. I just wanted to know out of curiosity, what was the GPA score that got...

Jeremy in Springdale, Arkansas

Updated 15 months ago

Concorde career college PTA Program (North Hollywood campus) - 268 Replies

Hi, I was wondering if any of you PTA students are actually in the North Hollywood Campus taking the actual course right now. Would like to know how...

NEWGRADPTA in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 15 months ago

Communication Issues and Practical Nerves! - 3 Replies

Hello all, I am wrapping up 2nd semester of my PTA program and heading into the big 1st clinical. To this point I have been doing quite well,...

JennG in Irvine, California

Want to travel with family.

I'd like some help making a smart decision about starting a traveling PTA job with my husband and 2 kids in tow. Weve already discussed home...

Mark in Buffalo, New York

Updated 15 months ago

Pta salary - 1 Reply

I'm studying to become PTA. My pta school starts next year. I live in an where I have easy commute to MD or DC. My question is, do PTA make...

PD in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Florida jurisprudence exam practice

Https://myexam.gnomio.com

ndnj in Red Bank, New Jersey

Updated 16 months ago

Currently on PTI, can I still go to PTA school? - 7 Replies

Hey folks. I am currently on the PTI (pre-trial intervention) program lasting about 6 months. The arrest will be pulled up looking into my record but...

lsfpta in Katy, Texas

SUbjects to prepare on

Hello all very excited to say I'll be starting Pta school in the fall. Was wondering about stuff I could try to refresh on and know before I start...

Desperatetopass in Smithtown, New York

Deperate to know how to prepared for my state Board EXAM OF PHYSICAL THERAPY ASST.

Last year I took the state Board I didn't pass it do to not well prepared. This year 2016 , I plan to pass my test in October. Please I would like to...

p_phelps in Weatherford, Texas

Updated 16 months ago

PTA vs Rad Tech - 7 Replies

I'm going crazy over trying to figure out which program I should go into. I have been accepted into both at my local college, but I need help...

Joan in South Jordan, Utah

Updated 16 months ago

Wound Care as a PTA - 16 Replies

I've read these forums alot and Many PTS's talk about areas of work..such as SNF, outpatient, homehealth ect... Im interested in wound care. Is this...

Tammy, PTA/ATC/CSCS in Orlando, Florida

Updated 16 months ago

Know of any PTAs who are Certified Lymphedema Therapists? - 5 Replies

I am a licensed PTA in Colorado and considering becoming a Certified Lymphedema Therapist as well. I was looking at job postings to see what the...

cyndi_L45 in Pomona, California

Updated 16 months ago

San Diego Mesa College PTA program! - 64 Replies

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has applied to the PTA program for this year (2012). If so, have you heard anything from the school? I...

cyndi_L45 in Pomona, California

Suggestions on what to do to become a PTA with low GPA and little experience in medical/PT field

Hi everyone! this is my concern right now. I only decided to go into the PT field like a year ago, but i don't think i've ever been so passionate...

Angevil in Florida

Updated 18 months ago

Which state is the MOST oversaturated with PTAs already? - 3 Replies

What are some of the worst ones?

SaraPTA in Fresno, California

Salary for PTAs in Contra Costa County, California

I will be graduating from my PTA school in May and plan on relocating to the Bay Area after I take my board exam. How much can a new grad expect to...

ovi in Hedgesville, West Virginia

Updated 18 months ago

Unjustifiably strict? - 2 Replies

As I'm sitting here studying for the CLE (jurisprudence exam) I'm noticing that the state of california is so incredibly oppressive to the PTA....

JUSTIN in Austin, Texas

Updated 18 months ago

Intrested in doing the pta program at a school like kaplan or concorde will that be good enough? - 4 Replies

Im looking to enroll at either Kaplan or Concorde to get my Pta certification wondering if i will still get a job as any other pta graduate from a...

Mandy in Sugar Land, Texas

Refresh and return to PTA field

Hello everyone! I'm looking for so E advice from active PTA's and PT's. I need to go back to PTA job field but have been out of work field for a...

Paulina Piotrowska in Mount Prospect, Illinois

QUESTION ABOUT HOME HEALTH IN ILLINOIS

Hello everyone! I am a new grad and am currently doing PRN home health work. I am possibly looking to get into a full time home health position but...

STUDENTPTA in Grass Valley, California

Updated 19 months ago

PTA exam for July - 4 Replies

Anyone here from Sacramento area who's going to take the July exam?

Phillip_PT in Cedar Park, Texas

Updated 19 months ago

questions about physical therapy assistant school - 1 Reply

hi I am looking at Pima for pta school but have some questions 1. any advice about Pima or the career of a pta? 2. advice about school...

Crystalclairvoyant16 in Miami, Florida

Updated 19 months ago

Florida laws and rules for physical therapy - 1 Reply

Can you sent me your outline of your study guide for the Florida laws and rules for physical therapy kikokalnai@gmail.com

Rpthopefully in Katy, Texas

hospital rates for PTA

I am interested to know the hospital pay rates for PTA's in Texas...I am in Houston. Thanks in advance.

Ryan in Wichita, Kansas

Updated 19 months ago

Question regarding PTA or DPT/OT education first - 2 Replies

I just graduated with a degree in exercise science(gpa of 3.6) and have since applied to a couple OT/PT programs. I have been wondering if I should...

anonymous91 in Downers Grove, Illinois

Updated 19 months ago

How to get a PT Aide job - 7 Replies

I know you don't need prior experience to get a job as a PT aide, however I haven't had any luck with the ones I've applied to thus far. This may be...

enb95 in SHREVEPORT, Louisiana

What job can i get with an Health and Excercise Science Degree?

I really want to do physical therapy assistant, but do i have to get an associates degree also, even if i have a bachelor's? And what are some...

Mellisa1282 in Baltimore, Maryland

PTA School Comparison Carroll Community College or Baltimore City Community College

I'm looking into both the Carroll Community College's and Baltimore City Community College's PTA programs. I like that Carroll is only 18 months...

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 20 months ago

PTA civilian jobs on U.S. military bases? - 2 Replies

Does anyone know if there's PTA job opportunities on U.S. military bases as a civilian? I've seen a few discussions on here about PTA...

Confused in Marietta, Georgia

Updated 21 months ago

Mid Life Change - 2 Replies

Hello all, I'm currently considering a career change, I'm two classes away from earning my BA in Psychology. I decided that route because I wanted to...

Mallory in Petal, Mississippi

Updated 21 months ago

It is time for change - 101 Replies

There are currently thirteen OTA to OT bridge programs and fifteen weekend OT programs. There are only two PTA to PT Bridge programs one of which is...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 21 months ago

Criminal background check - 2 Replies

Currently in my second year of a PTA program and I have two dismissed weed misdeminor charges (never convicted) on my record one for possession and...

Alex in Elizabeth, New Jersey

Updated 21 months ago

PTA Starting Salary in NJ/NY area? - 10 Replies

I'll be starting a PTA program this fall and I was wondering what is the starting salary. I plan to work in outpatient facility. Thanks

Updated 21 months ago

Is there anyone in NJ that is a PTA? - 4 Replies

I am considering a career change but I cant seem to find too much information on PTAs in NJ? There are only 3 schools that offer the program and very...

Updated 21 months ago

Any PTAs IN NJ? - 1 Reply

Can you tell me what the job market is like in NJ for PTAs? Does anyone know what a new PTA can expect to make in NJ? Thanks

T Bol in San Diego, California

Updated 21 months ago

Concorde Career College PTA program (San Diego) - 29 Replies

Good evening. I am in the application process and would love any and all feedback from current PTA students at Concorde in San Diego.

Sm0938 Mastro in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

Updated 21 months ago

Does anyone know about TEAS exam you have take before entering PTA program. - 9 Replies

I was told by the admission office, that I would have to take an exam TEAS. Is this exam very hard? How can I prepare myself for this, is there a...

Sandy in Florida

Florida laws and rules for physical therapy

Jeremiah in Florida...Can you sent me your outline of your study guide for the Florida laws and rules for physical therapy kikokalnai@gmail.com

Carmen in Akron, Ohio

PTA LICENSE

I'm looking for a serious study partner to pass the NPTE, PTA licensure in Akron, OH!

Lovelife in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Updated 22 months ago

Having a Bachelors Degree as a PTA - 7 Replies

Hello! My name is Bethany, and I am a recent high school graduate looking into enrolling into a two-year PTA program. I'm currently working on a...

MeganSPTA

Updated 22 months ago

Coming out of High School seeking to be a PTA. ( Guidance/Thoughs Needed ) - 2 Replies

Hello, I am currently a Senior in High School and want to go to schooling to be a PTA. I know this is what i want to pursue because i enjoy helping...

Bmaust in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

PTA jobs in PA

I am a licensed PTA in PA and MD. Why are there no jobs! The only jobs I can find are PRN with no benefits. I'm thinking of going back to...

Noodle in Spokane, Washington

Updated 22 months ago

How long does it take to complete the PTA course at a CC - 1 Reply

From what i've read i see a lot of people with BS degrees doing these 2 year programs and some say it takes up to four years along with the actual...

AE234 in Woodway, Texas

Updated 22 months ago

PTA career advancement ? - 7 Replies

Looking to make a career change into PT. I have long debated whether to go DPT or PTA. More recently i have been leaning towards PTA as I am becoming...

Jeremy in Springdale, Arkansas

Medical Terminology - what do I need to know for Kinesiology/PTA program.

So I'm taking 4 pre-reqs in hopes of getting into a PTA program. A & P 1 and 2. Medical Terminology. And eventually Kinesiology. I'm digging...

Elaine Boyd

Updated 23 months ago

PTA and Personal Training - 14 Replies

[QUOTE who="bone1213 in Stafford, Virginia"]Has anyone worked as both a PTA and a Personal Trainer? Would it be possible or even a good...

PTA2PTHOPEFUL in Katy, Texas

Getting into School and Reflections on the career itself

As the name suggests im a pta hopeful trying to make it all happen. I know the subject is already up but why not get a fresher perspective and take...

Roman in Kearny, New Jersey

Updated 23 months ago

PTA Program GPA requirements ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE - 3 Replies

Hey guys I'm trying to apply to get into a PTA program and need to know the average GPA you got to get into the program and any other relevant...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.