Physical Therapy Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (778) - Start a Discussion

Jimmy5 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

BBA - PTA

I have a BBA. I am beginning the PTA sequence. What kind of opportunities will be available with my educational background and what about...

bmeyers in Fairfield, New Jersey

just applied to pta program at Essex County, when should i hear if i get in?

Just wondering if anyone out there who has applied to the program in the past. When should i hear back? I was told June but is that June 1 or 30 lol....

Cperez09 in Pleasanton, California

Updated 13 months ago

First Semester - 8 Replies

I just got the outstanding news that I got accepted into the SSC PTA program! I want to get started studying so I can get a jump start and maybe help...

grenae67 in Half Moon Bay, California

Updated 13 months ago

What is the future of home health? - 10 Replies

Hello, im currently a second year pta student and i have been inquiring about jobs in different fields just to see what is available for ptas as far...

J33 in Florida

Updated 13 months ago

PTA life? - 1 Reply

I don't know if there is already a disscussion on this, but I couldn't find one and would like some Physical Therapist Assistants to chime in here....

David in San Francisco, California

Updated 13 months ago

PTA & Lymphedema, Wound Management, Pre/Post Op, Integumentary specialty? - 3 Replies

I've been an Aesthetician for 12 years and for the past 2 years I've been studying MLD. I'm amazed by the results and would love to work with...

N in Newark, California

Updated 14 months ago

PTAs! What school did you graduate from and how long did it take you to find a job? - 5 Replies

Did you attend a private school or community college? Do you like where you work? Do you work in OP, SNF, HH? I am in northern California and I...

N in Newark, California

Updated 14 months ago

Which PTA schools should I apply to this Fall/Spring? - 3 Replies

Hi everyone! I am 22 years old and currently a student finishing up my last semester toward a B.S. in Kinesiology/Pre-PT. I am hoping to apply to PTA...

N in Newark, California

Updated 14 months ago

Can a PT Aide challenge the PTA boards? - 9 Replies

I have been an aide for about 5 years in N.Cailifornia. Can I challenge the PTA boards? Where can I find some information about this, any help reaaly...

N in Newark, California

Updated 14 months ago

PTA Programs in California - 62 Replies

Hi. I'm looking into the programs in California and wondering what are your ratings/reviews of the programs from San Diego Mesa, Loma Linda, Ohlone...

Eastman in Roanoke, Virginia

ECPI Richmond PTA program

Hello...can anyone tell me anything about this program at ECPI Richmond? I'm thinking of applying there. I am aware community colleges are less...

James in Racine, Wisconsin

Updated 14 months ago

RC3-11 - 21 Replies

Hello, I'm a newbie in the Physical Therapy Assistant feild. Can some enlighten me on what the RC3-11 dabate means? I noticed it's been mentioned a...

marioplayhrd in New Haven, Connecticut

PTA SCHOOL AT NVCC

Hello everyone, I am still finishing up biology, anatomy, and chemistry then this September i can apply to the Physical Therapy Assistant program at...

Roman in Secaucus, New Jersey

Updated 14 months ago

Home Health opportunities in NY state for PTA? - 1 Reply

I'm from NJ and there is not Home Care here for PTA. So I'm thinking of doing it in NYC. Anyone here know agencies that do that? How good is the pay...

jusnicpen in Virginia

Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) vs Dental Hygienist (RDH)

Hi everyone! I'm in my first year of college and after crossing pharmacist off my list I'm down to my final two potential future careers. Could...

jrmavc in you'll never know, California

Updated 14 months ago

PTA School Difficulty - 36 Replies

I want to know exactly how challenging is PTA school? I work full time on third shift so my days are open to attend classes, but are the classes so...

gsudesh02 in Cockeysville, Maryland

Updated 14 months ago

Visa requirement For PTA - 2 Replies

Can PTA get H1B visa or is there any other type of visa to work as a PTA in USA.

Merlin777 in Miami, Florida

Updated 14 months ago

Which state is the MOST oversaturated with PTAs already? - 2 Replies

What are some of the worst ones?

Maggie in Troy, Michigan

Updated 14 months ago

how's the math in pta program? - 16 Replies

hello everyone im new to this forum, i going back to school to pursue a career in physical therapy assistant. im 40 years old and i've been out of...

Updated 14 months ago

Becoming a PTA with carpal tunnel - 1 Reply

I am 38 and have just applied to a PTA school. The only concern I have is the fact that I have carpal tunnel. It has not yet affected my grip...

kay100 in ny, New York

Updated 14 months ago

physical therapist assistants can do freelance jobs? - 2 Replies

I'M thinking of becoming a PTA ,but my ultimate goal is to work independently (contractor, in-home care ,etc).Would that be possible in a career as a...

MsMisha in Canton, Michigan

Updated 14 months ago

physical therapy aide - 153 Replies

Hi, I was applying to medical receptionist postions and one called and offered me a physical therapy aide job if I was interested in learning about...

med homas in sche, North Carolina

Updated 14 months ago

International students and PTA - 2 Replies

Hi, I am a PTA student in NJ and my question is if one of you guys is an international student and got a job as a PTA. Im interested how that works,...

Updated 15 months ago

PTA exam partner in NY - 2 Replies

I am looking for a study partner for the PTA exam in NY. Please let me know if any one is interested. Thx!

Jedimindtricks in Agoura Hills, California

Updated 15 months ago

Job outlook for physical therapist assistants - 24 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm taking prerequisites for the Respiratory Therapy at Ohlone college in Fremont, CA. It turns out the prerequisites are also those...

Clos in Skokie, Illinois

PTA program at Oakton CC in IL

hey everyone, I wanted to get info from current or past students regarding the PTA program at oakton community college in IL but would also would...

jen23 in Ravenna, Ohio

Ohio PTA salary

Hi, I am graduating in may and was wondering what I should expect to get for a new grad around Akron OH. Also how you would reccomend looking for a...

Updated 15 months ago

Chiropractor Trade schools - 2 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any experience going to a Chiropractor trade school? Are there jobs out there compared to Physical Therapy...

PTAgirl in Monterey, California

Updated 15 months ago

What is it like to be a traveling PTA? - 1 Reply

I graduated from school in December and passed the board exams in January. I'm also a Licensed Massage Therapist, and have been for 6 years. The...

Updated 15 months ago

My experience, current PTA student, Please ask any questions about it - 6 Replies

Before starting PTA school I have been a Licensed Massage Therapist for 4 years. I went to Western States Chiropractic College and received a...

Updated 15 months ago

PTA in Arizona - 5 Replies

Is there anyone who has attended either Carrington or Gateway community college for the PTA program? If so how did you like the program? I would...

Pima Grad in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 15 months ago

PTA courses in Denver - Arapahoe Community College or PIMA? - 52 Replies

Hi, I'm a CMT looking at PTA programs in the Denver area and found only two. I have info off their websites and have spoken briefly to each, but...

PTAgirl in El Cerrito, California

Updated 15 months ago

Physical THERAPIST Assistant or Physical THERAPY Assistant?? - 1 Reply

PTAs are either called physical THERAPIST assistants or physical THERAPY assistants. Which title do you prefer?

K. in San Francisco, California

Updated 15 months ago

PTA Concorde College HELP - 2 Replies

I am interested in the PTA program at Concorde College - Garden Grove. I have passed the two test that is required in order to apply to Concorde...

Healthcare Admin NY in NY, New York

Whats important to physical and occupational therapy assistants?

I need your help! I am conducting a new survey concerned with finding more information about rehabilitation professionals and their career search. To...

Updated 16 months ago

Should I go to PTA school? - 3 Replies

I started school a little over a year ago for respiratory therapy but decided against because of the bleak job market. Now, I've been looking into...

mollyKINS in Diamond Springs, California

Updated 16 months ago

Going to school while being PTA - 6 Replies

I want to go to school to be a physical therapist but I was wondering if it is possible to be a PTA while going to school.

PTAgirl in El Cerrito, California

Updated 16 months ago

Going to school while being PTA - 1 Reply

I want to go to school to be a physical therapist but I was wondering if it is possible to be a PTA while going to school.

funtwo123 in La Habra, California

Updated 16 months ago

Please Help!!! Finish BS in health Education Or go To PTA school - 3 Replies

Hello everyone I have a big issue.. I have currently finished 78 credits toward my BS degree in Health Education along with thousands of dollars in...

jmsvs1984 in bayside, New York

Updated 16 months ago

PAY - 25 Replies

I AM A PTA IN SOUTH TEXAS AND OUR PAY IS GOOD. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT THE PAY IN TWIN FALLS,IDAHO TO BE??? I HAVE 20 YRS. EXPERIENCE...

Lauren91389 in Huntsville, Alabama

Future of PTA jobs? Will the market be stable enough to take career breaks?

I asked a similar question about the future of OTR/COTA but I thought I would also inquire on here as well. This has been brushed over a little...

PTAStudent in Eugene, Oregon

Are PTA's Happy with their profession? Do they get paid well? Is their room for advancement?

Hi Everyone, I am a student at a university contemplating is I should stop attending college and apply for a PTA program that is at a very good...

Learning Something New Everyday in California

Updated 17 months ago

How did you finance PTA school? - 11 Replies

Hi everyone, How did you finance your PTA schooling? I am planning to attend a community college. I am not sure if student loans are given to...

Vkinnaird in Fayetteville, North Carolina

Updated 17 months ago

Will there be more BRIDGE programs from PTA-to-PT in the future? Any thought? - 1 Reply

Thanks. Also, Aside from the bridge program in Ohio, I've heard there one in California, if so what school? Are there any others that I am unaware of?

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

From PTA to PT - 4 Replies

I'm graduating a community college with an AA in general studies. I've had PT in mind for the last year or so but recently I've been looking into PTA...

L Gargano in Little Neck, New York

Updated 17 months ago

NYC Physical Therapy Assit College Programs - 14 Replies

Hi, I was just wondering did anybody get into Laguadia Comm Coll Physical Therapy Program or LIU? Thank You

Shah in Alliston, Ontario

Physical Therapy in Canada

Hello. I am Shah. I am currently studying to become a PTA/OTA in a community college. I will be graduating this April. I am interested in doing...

jrmavc in AV, California

Updated 17 months ago

Step to become a Physician assistant? - 1 Reply

Hello my internet friends I'm 27 and my future goal is to be one day become a PA but right now i Just pass my GED test and I'm planing on going to...

Vkinnaird in Fayetteville, North Carolina

Updated 18 months ago

Which Specialties make PTAs more Valuable? - 1 Reply

I am in my first year of PTA school and beginning to think about specialties that would bring value to my position and opportunities for more income....

PTAgirl in Concord, California

Updated 18 months ago

Weighing my options - 4 Replies

I'm 22, soon to be 23, married, and have a 4 year old. I have no college education and live in a rural area. I really need to start working again,...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.