Physical Therapy Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (822) - Start a Discussion

Rafael in Stockton, California

Should I apply to a PTA program although I injured my back during my teenage years?

Hello everyone, I have been considering applying to a physical therapy assistant program but have been hesitant because I injured my back when I was...

reneegavin in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

Should I reapply?

Hello everyone, I applied to the only local PTA program near me. I was late in applying last fall, so I was told to reapply for this summer in...

Ryan23 in Hollywood, Florida

Updated 19 months ago

PTA glorified exercise instructor? - 42 Replies

Please don't take this as an offense, but every time I have utilized physical therapy, snowboard and ski injury, the PTA just showed me how to do...

StarSapphire in Lakewood, California

Updated 19 months ago

No PTA programs in San Diego - 24 Replies

I live in San Diego and am interested in pursuing a career as a PTA. Mesa College in San Diego has a PTA program but is not taking applications...

Foxinhawaii in Honolulu, Hawaii

Updated 19 months ago

PTA salary inquiry - 19 Replies

This may seem tacky, but i'm graduating PTA school in May and I would love to hear what people in different states are pulling in, salary-wise, from...

PTA in Texas in San Antonio, Texas

Beginning a PTA career in home health

To all of the experienced home health PTA's out there, what is the best way to pursue a career or gain experience in a home health setting? I have...

Arizona Grad in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 19 months ago

PTA or PT - 33 Replies

I have two options. I live about an hour and a half away from Sacramento City college. They offer a PTA program that I am ready to apply to. In...

Lisa in Dallas, Texas

Updated 19 months ago

Salary in MA - 12 Replies

I am contemplating PTA and wondering what the avg. salary is in my area (Western MA) No specific info on this area. salary.com is all over the place...

Lisa in Dallas, Texas

Updated 19 months ago

PTA 13-week Travel Contracts? A good idea? - 2 Replies

Hi: Can anyone tell me how state licensing is handled when you travel - do you have to be licensed in that state to be considered? If so, how do you...

Patrick in La Habra, California

I need help im just fresh graduate from HS is PTA a good choice

Hi there. Im just a fresh grad from HS and thinking of getting PTA @ stanbridge college is it a good choice?.. Working environment- is this job...

Alfredo in Miami, Florida

Physical therapy assistant in to a DPT

I was just wondering if there is anyways to eventually get a Doctorate in physical therapy with an A.S. in PTA? I am aware you need B.S. in order to...

DELAF72 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

PTA & MILITARY

I have a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology and am currently enrolled in a PTA program. I was wondering what my options were with the Army/Air...

JTT in Massachusetts

Updated 19 months ago

PTA job market in Texas? - 2 Replies

So I'm looking to relocate to Texas after graduating next year and I've heard texas is the only good spot left for PTA jobs, so does anyone know if...

JTT in Massachusetts

Updated 19 months ago

New PTA student asking questions about other peoples PTA programs and Traveling PTAs - 3 Replies

Hi I'm going to be starting the PTA program in Fall 2014 and I have some some nagging questions about other peoples PTA programs and traveling...

Sara in Fresno, California

Updated 20 months ago

Any San Juan College PTA Online Program graduate? - 20 Replies

Hi All, I hear that San Juan College in Farmington, New Mexico has a PTA online program (accredited). The actual program has two weeks each semester...

PTABOy17 in Sterling Heights, Michigan

Updated 20 months ago

PTA career advancement ? - 6 Replies

Looking to make a career change into PT. I have long debated whether to go DPT or PTA. More recently i have been leaning towards PTA as I am becoming...

Foxinhawaii in Honolulu, Hawaii

Updated 20 months ago

PTA salary in st Augustine Florida - 3 Replies

I'm thinking of relocating but I can't seem to find consistent info on the average local salary.

Lyssa in San Antonio, Texas

Should I go PTA or DPT ?? (graduating soon)

Hi ya'll! Names Alyssa (Lyssa),and I been having a lot of difficulties trying to pick which field to go in. At first I was all about just getting...

Karin Honda in Orlando, Florida

Best choice for PTA Program?

Hello all, I am a 17 year old teen that wants to hop on the train on quickly pursuing my future career but doesn't know where to start. From...

TAE in Santa Barbara, California

Updated 21 months ago

Has anyone in southern Ca, become a PTA in the last 2 years?? Advice please? - 2 Replies

Hi, I live in orange county CA near Disneyland. I am looking to start my PTA program, but the local colleges are no longer accepting...

dee in Garden Grove, California

Updated 22 months ago

It is time for change - 100 Replies

There are currently thirteen OTA to OT bridge programs and fifteen weekend OT programs. There are only two PTA to PT Bridge programs one of which is...

BUDO311 in Winter Haven, Florida

Updated 22 months ago

Herzing University Orlando PTA program - 25 Replies

Does any one have reviews of this program? I have been accepted to start summer 2012 and I am curious what experiences others have had. Thank you...

Updated 22 months ago

Pregnant while in PTA school - 3 Replies

Well, I worked really hard, got accepted into PTA school and now I may be pregnant. It was really hard to get in the first time because they only...

Determined in Parsippany, New Jersey

Updated 22 months ago

Will I be able to get hired at my age - 1 Reply

I wish I would've pursued pt when I was in college, but that was a long time ago. I'm 54 now. I'm in very good shape, can ride a bike 40 miles,...

beestrng in Farmington, Michigan

PTA schools

Hello, I wanted to become a PTA. I will be graduating with a BA this year. Already have AP 1 and 2 done. I was looking into Keiser, Concorde...

Updated 22 months ago

PTA to PT, is it possible? - 1 Reply

Hello, I understand that a Physical Therapist Assistant is unable to (or can rarely) transition to a Physical Therapist, but this is my...

BB in Las Vegas, Nevada

Does anyone have audio files that they made as a studying tool for the PTA board exam?

If anyone has any info that might help or has what I'm looking for I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you. bussiness4bb@gmail.com

Gion59

Updated 22 months ago

travel PTA average salary? - 218 Replies

Does anybody know the average salary of a travel PTA? Also can anyone recommend any reliable travel companies?

Pointbreak85 in Orlando, Florida

IS the future job market for PTAs bright or very dark and depressing?

Im asking because im fascinated by the field and I want to start on that path but by doing research im getting mixed signals...like wtf is...

Jamie in East Providence, Rhode Island

Updated 22 months ago

Is PTA a good career? - 4 Replies

Hey, I'm a junior in highschool im looking for actual advice from people that have experience in this field.. preferably someone in PA I'd like to...

dee in Garden Grove, California

Updated 22 months ago

Intrested in doing the pta program at a school like kaplan or concorde will that be good enough? - 3 Replies

Im looking to enroll at either Kaplan or Concorde to get my Pta certification wondering if i will still get a job as any other pta graduate from a...

Updated 23 months ago

Are there alot of jobs for PTA? - 1 Reply

Im thinking of going to school to be a PTA and I wanted to find out if there are a lot of jobs for PTA? And also is it a very physically demanding...

EuroAsian in Maple Ridge, British Columbia

PTA salaries in Canada? Specifically in BC

Hey all, i'm 23 and finally need a career rolling and like to think of myself as a uplifting person who likes helping people. Initially I was going...

Carlos A. in West Palm Beach, Florida

Home Health Rate for PTA

I am a PTA practicing for 3 years looking to branch out into Home Health Setting in South Florida, what is a good rate per visit? Between treatment,...

angela in Homosassa, Florida

Updated 23 months ago

studying to become a pta - 1 Reply

I am 27 and have been interested in becoming a pta I have been taking per-reqs full time since the first of the year. I have started to become...

PTAgirl in El Dorado Hills, California

Updated 23 months ago

Where are the PTA jobs? - 1 Reply

Anyone out there know what states have the most PTA job openings? I am tired of being stuck at a place cause there's no other work around, and I live...

JonPTA in Encino, California

Updated 23 months ago

Cerritos college PTA acceptance? - 68 Replies

Hello!!! I applied this year for the PTA program that will start in the fall 12. I was wondering if anyone else has applied there and if they have...

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida

Updated 23 months ago

Home Health 6th Visit Supervision - 3 Replies

Hi. I just started as a home health PTA. Hoping someone can tell me how 6th visits are done in home health. I have researched online and not found...

Curious in New Port Richey, Florida

South University Tampa program

I am looking into several programs including South University in Tampa. Has anyone graduated from this program or know of anyone who has? You hear...

Fred in Santa Barbara, California

Updated 24 months ago

California law exam concerns - 3 Replies

Hi all in the PT world! I have a question that I have been wondering about. I'll cut to the chase! I graduated an accredited PTA program early...

ibePTA in Sacramento, California

Updated 24 months ago

Anyone applying to the PTA program at Sac City College - 7 Replies

Reapplying to the PTA program at SCC. I was an alternate last year, so I hope I get accepted this time. Anyone else apply to this program?

JEEGAR in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Updated 24 months ago

PTA limited permits as a graduating student - 4 Replies

I am graduating from an accredited PTA school in NY. I know that in NY you can work as a student PTA under a "limited permit" after you graduate. ...

Haydee in Chula Vista, California

Updated 24 months ago

Physical Therapy Assistant online school - 22 Replies

Hi, I'm interested in obtaining an associates for a PTA. However since I'm a fulltime employee I'm looking for any online programs available out...

Hex in El Paso, TX

Updated 24 months ago

Western Tech - 2 Replies

I've been looking to transition from Oncology Pharmacy tech to PTA. Wanted to do DPT but cant because i now have three kids to support. So PTA is my...

TrvlPTA

Updated 24 months ago

How are PTA jobs in AZ? - 6 Replies

Wondering how PTA is in Arizona, mainly Phoenix. Large population of elderly and retirees. Is SNF or Home Health popular because of this? I'm looking...

JonPTA in Encino, California

Updated 24 months ago

Anyone here get accepted into Cerritos College's PTA program? - 6 Replies

Did you get a B.S. in Exercise Science? How many points did you get? What was your GPA like? How was the program? I'm hoping to get into Cerritos...

Hapyguy in Sacramento, California

PT Aide

Just wondering what the typical starting pay for a PT Aide (with no experience) in California is? Or near by areas?

mardy in Greenville, South Carolina

Updated 24 months ago

Has anyone worked with PT/PTA co-workers who have physical disabilities themselves? - 6 Replies

I would like some feedback on this. Does anyone work/have worked with PT/PTA who have minor physical disabilities? For instance, minor Cerbral...

GailCT

Real world PTA salaries.. Myrtle Beach

I graduated with my PTA from Shawnee State University. We are looking to move down to Myrtle Beach. I am seeing pay online bounce up and down by a...

JT in Tiverton, Rhode Island

Grads of U of Findlay Bridge Program? - PTA to DPT

Hi: I'm looking for graduates of the University of Findlay DPT in Ohio - who did the weekend bridge program. I have all the usual questions:...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.