ATTENDING A PRIVATE SCHOOL VS.PUBILC SCHOOL FOR PTA CAREER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

k

35 months ago

Hello,

I came across some post that states students who graduated from a public pta school, will have a better open job market then those who graduated from a private college?

Any current or future pta agree to this statement? If no or yes, please explain.

Thankyou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Chandler, Arizona

35 months ago

My cousin and her husband own a PT clinic and hire PTA's all the time. They said as long as they have a degree and passed the state exam they don't care where they went to school. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

k

35 months ago

Thankyou for taking your time to answer......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Future PTA in Gilbert, Arizona

35 months ago

K,

I think your initial question may have possibly been based on a comment I made on another thread, so its only fair that I comment here. I think right now Robin is absolutely right, it doesn't matter. My comment was moreso based on a hypothetical "what if" scenario. I was basically saying that if the job market becomes more saturated (particularly for new graduate students) how would employers go about choosing who to hire from among that pool?

To me, it makes sense that the people who went to private schools would be placed further down the list, since people typically go to private schools because they are easier to get into. Therefore, it seems to me that the best and brightest would be graduating from public schools. This is a broad brush, of course, since many super bright people likely come out of private schools and likewise many not so bright people come from more competitive public programs.

So, its all just speculation. That being said, if you have a chance to go to a public program I say do it. It will be cheaper and possibly a more valuable degree in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FuturePTA PT? in Pleasanton, California

21 months ago

Finally someone else asked the question I have been looking for answers to. From what I have seen and read, it seems that PTAs graduating from private schools are getting jobs too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

21 months ago

With just about any medical job, a license is the key. Where you went to school usually doesn't matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

21 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: Uh No.

For profit trade school graduates are almost ALWAYS given LOWER consideration than graduates from public non profit colleges.

Maybe thats how things are done in CA, but not here. Here & Florida all they care about is a state license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.