Advice about preparing for the board exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

Mike in Fort Smith, Arkansas

29 months ago

Im in pretty much the same situation. 77% is very good. Have you taken the PEAT exam yet? If no I would highly recommend it. I found it to be much harder than the scorebuilders. They say a 101 on the PEAT is the equivalent of passing the Board exam. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I graduate in May as well, but with the fixed date testing they are allowing you to test if you are within 60 days of graduating, so I am taking the test on april 26. Will still be in clinicals until may. You are right PTA girl, its very hard to find time to study!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Shingle Springs, California

29 months ago

The rule in CA do not allow that. but I am not ready yet. I feel I need to review and have not had the time. Our last semester was fast and crazy, and now doing clinic. Good luck to you Mike!! Let us know how is goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

PTA in Enola, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

To everyone who is testing today, GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Diamond Springs, California

29 months ago

Would love to here how testing went before you even graduate. I'm concerned enough with a July test date and being ready for that. Any tips are appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I took the test on April 26. We are still in clinicals so study time was hard to find. We wont find out until may 3 our results. Gonna be a long few days! Without going into any specifics, the test is very hard. I would suggest taking the PEAT exam to give you an idea of the format and type of questions to expect, and when you are studying, think of the information as to how it would affect treatment. Good luck and study hard!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Diamond Springs, California

28 months ago

Thanks Mike! did you do any of the practice test in the Score builers book?? If so, how did that compare to PEAT or the real exam?? I so far do not like the study questions and am trying to do better.

Hope you did well. let me know how the results turn out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Yes, I did all 3 of the scorebuilders tests as well as scorebuilders online. They had some tough questions but overall I thought the scorebuilders tests were quite a bit easier than the PEAT and the actual board exam.

We had the scorebuilders review on campus and they told us a score of 98 on their practice test was equivalent to passing the board exam. Im not sure I believe that as I was making much higher than 98 on the practice tests but I didnt feel confident at all after the actual exam.

You still have a lot of time, just stay at it every day and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Hampton, Virginia

28 months ago

I agree the test was very hard. I took all 3 scorebuilders plus the 2 online ones and did well with those. When I took both PEAT tests and I found them tougher than the scorebuilders tests but still above a "passing" score. In my opinion, the board exam is as tough if not tougher than the PEAT tests. I didn't feel confident after the exam either. I'll find out Thursday. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Smokey34 in Elkhart, Indiana

28 months ago

oh, so i guess the results for those who took the NPTAE test on the 26th of april this year come out on thursday the 3rd nation wide huh? or is it just state to state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

We were told by the state board that May 3rd the national board would put the results on their website as well as deliver them to each state's board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ssel in Citrus Heights, California

28 months ago

Good luck guys! How about review guide by sullivan? Does anyone here use that book? D you think its doable for the exam? Compared to giles? There are also about 600 good questions there. Pls let me know your thoughts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Just got my results for the test. Passed!! Wow that was a long week to have to wait to find out!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

APC in Torrance, California

28 months ago

Congrats Mike! Just got my results as well...PASSED :) It was a hard test but definitely doable. I did 3 practice test using scorebuilders and 2 online scorebuilders test to prepare. Averaged between 115 to 120 on the tests. The rest I left in Gods hands and my knowledge in school. Good luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Hampton, Virginia

28 months ago

Congratulations! Just got my results...Passed. I can breathe again. That was a long week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Congrats Jason! That was definitely one of the longest weeks of my life. Leaving the testing center I thought for sure I failed but I guess these types of tests always leave you feeling doubtful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Congratulations Jason and APC! I cant believe they made us all wait a week. Made it kind of feel even better when seeing that "passed" on the website though!

Smokey34 in Bloomington, Indiana

28 months ago

i guess we have all passed then!!!! yeaaaaaayyyyyy!!! well got get em ladies and gentlemen. we in the moooolaaaahhhh now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

oh got my results too guys, and it is a PASSED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Congrats Smokey34!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Congratulations smokey! Its such a relief having that over with

lisa Yass in Delray Beach, Florida

28 months ago

Hello all ! I was on the forum last year and was lucky enough to find a partner. We studied feverishly for 1 yr straight! It was HELL! I was going to the 4th time in Fla and I keep missing it by a margin,he luckily passed, im soo happy for him. I am looking for another person to get going for my final time, it is my LAST here in fla. They allow 5 times and this is after I have been a NY PTA since 2001! I was grandfathered in and never took the boards. I understand much of the material well so im not sure why I keep getting 590 ect. I need a 600 to pass!
can anyone help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Knoxville, Tennessee

28 months ago

PASSED the board exam! Whew.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

lisa Yass in Delray Beach, Florida said: Hello all ! I was on the forum last year and was lucky enough to find a partner. We studied feverishly for 1 yr straight! It was HELL! I was going to the 4th time in Fla and I keep missing it by a margin,he luckily passed, im soo happy for him. I am looking for another person to get going for my final time, it is my LAST here in fla. They allow 5 times and this is after I have been a NY PTA since 2001! I was grandfathered in and never took the boards. I understand much of the material well so im not sure why I keep getting 590 ect. I need a 600 to pass!
can anyone help?

trust me you need to focus more on the interventions,therapeutic modalities equipment and devices, and lastly data collections sections of the exam, i know this Thats what i did on my second take of the exam and i passed the second time. You can take it as opinion or an illusion but trust you will write me back in 4 months after you have passed and told me you have made it. On the other hand every one on here has an opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

lisa Yass in Delray Beach, Florida said: Hello all ! I was on the forum last year and was lucky enough to find a partner. We studied feverishly for 1 yr straight! It was HELL! I was going to the 4th time in Fla and I keep missing it by a margin,he luckily passed, im soo happy for him. I am looking for another person to get going for my final time, it is my LAST here in fla. They allow 5 times and this is after I have been a NY PTA since 2001! I was grandfathered in and never took the boards. I understand much of the material well so im not sure why I keep getting 590 ect. I need a 600 to pass!
can anyone help?

trust me you need to focus more on the interventions,therapeutic modalities equipment and devices, and lastly data collections sections of the exam, i know this Thats what i did on my second take of the exam and i passed the second time. You can take it as opinion or an illusion but trust you will write me back in 4 months after you have passed and told me you have made it. On the other hand every one on here has an opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Summer in Martinsburg, West Virginia

24 months ago

Joyce in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I'm considering taking the board exam in April, but am somewhat concerned about being able to properly prepare for it because I'll be on a clinical rotation just about up to the date of testing. Because of my clinical and the time involved in driving , I will only be able to study 1-2 hours/day max. I have strong grades in my program and test well, but is it insane to try to pass this exam with so little time to prep? It's only 8 weeks until the test!

(I did just take the Scorebuilders Review course and scored 77% on their practice exam.)

Joyce how did you do on the exam? I had the same problem, I had clinicals that were far away and I did not have all the time I needed to study daily. I missed it by about one question, and now I have to wait three months to retest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shay in Sanford, Florida

24 months ago

Have antoje bought the Apple app from scorebuilder question of the day¿

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Charise Randall in Mcdonough, Georgia

23 months ago

does anyone know what is a passing score on the TherapyED practice exams by O'Sullivan? I am taking test next week and not sure where I need to be on these practice exams to feel more comfortable to take the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Knoxville, Tennessee

18 months ago

Summer in Martinsburg, West Virginia said: Joyce how did you do on the exam? I had the same problem, I had clinicals that were far away and I did not have all the time I needed to study daily. I missed it by about one question, and now I have to wait three months to retest.

Thanks for asking...I passed it! Did you retake it yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johny in Chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

Joyce in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Thanks for asking...I passed it! Did you retake it yet?

Hi, any info about remedial training for IL? Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Provo, Utah

17 months ago

My husband practices physiotherapy in Mississauga (www.parcofontario.com/en/physiotherapy.html). He was so nervous about passing the board a few years ago but he pulled it off. Hope you did well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angela in Homosassa, Florida

7 months ago

I just took my state boards and passed. I would read over scorebuilders several time plus also the therapeutic exercise book and physical rehabilitation book by Osullivan and Schmitz. Plus also remember some of the questions and answers from scorebuilders and peat test as some of those are on the state boards.

angela in Homosassa, Florida

7 months ago

Also on my scorebuilders i got 93,93,107 and Peat i got 93,95 and my last Peat test i took was 2 weeks before my state boards. I ended up passing my boards with a score if 749. On the fsbpt website it said if you get 93 correct on state boards then your score will be between 582-624 depending on how hard the questions are. You only need a 600 to pass. Hope this information helps someone, and good luck to everyone taking the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mohammed Fahad in Dobbs Ferry, New York

6 months ago

Hello guys,

Im currently doing BS in Health science, which has a long way to go for PT. I had like to ask all of you guys is since your experience and had passed this way. What should my path be if i want to do PT. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MsMisha in Canton, Michigan

5 months ago

I take my exam next week and I just don't know how to feel right now! Got a 88 and 92 on the PEAT's and 101 and 112 scorebuilders. I have one more scorebuilders to take (will take it tomorrow). I have been studying my incorrect answers and I'm smack-dab in the middle of my last clinical (graduate in early May). Some days I feel confident and some days I feel like I just don't know enough, but it's down to the wire now. Hopefully, I can post in a couple of weeks with great news!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MsMisha in Canton, Michigan

5 months ago

I PASSED!!! Thank God! :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TVS in Oviedo, Florida

1 month ago

can anyone help?

Hi there, Did you end up passing? I'm in the same boat, Three times I received a 596.. It drove me nuts!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.