California law exam concerns

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Nevershutsup in Valencia, California

19 months ago

Hi all in the PT world! I have a question that I have been wondering about. I'll cut to the chase!

I graduated an accredited PTA program early this year and finally passed the board exam. However, I was told that I had to sign up and register a date for the law exam before I take the board. I have taken the law exam twice without much prep time and I am having difficulty with it, but that is not my main concern.

I know that you wait a period of time after failing the board exam 3 times. If I fail the law exam, will I have to wait a period of time before I can register and take it again? And if that happens, do I have to re-pass the board exam?

Thanks and sorry...I know its long! I appreciate any answer that I can get :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Concord, California

19 months ago

I have recently taken the CLE. To my knowledge, if you fail the law exam you can sign up again very soon. not sure if it's a week or two. it is not regulated the the NPTAE. you do not have to take the boards exam again.

Good luck and read, read, read that website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nevershutsup in Somewhere, California

19 months ago

Thank you very much PTAgirl! I appreciate your response. I feel a lot better about the test now :)

Fred in Santa Barbara, California

12 months ago

Nevershutsup in Somewhere, California said: Thank you very much PTAgirl! I appreciate your response. I feel a lot better about the test now :)

Did you get to retest? How long did you have to wait?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.