California law exam concerns

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Nevershutsup in Valencia, California

61 months ago

Hi all in the PT world! I have a question that I have been wondering about. I'll cut to the chase!

I graduated an accredited PTA program early this year and finally passed the board exam. However, I was told that I had to sign up and register a date for the law exam before I take the board. I have taken the law exam twice without much prep time and I am having difficulty with it, but that is not my main concern.

I know that you wait a period of time after failing the board exam 3 times. If I fail the law exam, will I have to wait a period of time before I can register and take it again? And if that happens, do I have to re-pass the board exam?

Thanks and sorry...I know its long! I appreciate any answer that I can get :)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Concord, California

61 months ago

I have recently taken the CLE. To my knowledge, if you fail the law exam you can sign up again very soon. not sure if it's a week or two. it is not regulated the the NPTAE. you do not have to take the boards exam again.

Good luck and read, read, read that website.

Reply - Report abuse

nevershutsup in Somewhere, California

61 months ago

Thank you very much PTAgirl! I appreciate your response. I feel a lot better about the test now :)

Reply - Report abuse

Fred in Santa Barbara, California

53 months ago

Nevershutsup in Somewhere, California said: Thank you very much PTAgirl! I appreciate your response. I feel a lot better about the test now :)

Did you get to retest? How long did you have to wait?

Reply - Report abuse

nikkizaguirre in Orange, New Jersey

10 months ago

Can anyone help me? I've taken the CLE twice and failed. I passed the board exam, and it's super frustrating!

PTAgirl in Concord, California said: I have recently taken the CLE. To my knowledge, if you fail the law exam you can sign up again very soon. not sure if it's a week or two. it is not regulated the the NPTAE. you do not have to take the boards exam again.

Reply - Report abuse

DPTGirl22 in Damascus, Maryland

10 months ago

nikkizaguirre in Orange, New Jersey said: Can anyone help me? I've taken the CLE twice and failed. I passed the board exam, and it's super frustrating!

Hey! Did you end up passing?? I just took it for the first time yesterday and just found out that I failed. I knew that content backwards and forwards, but they asked the most obscure details. Was the retake similar to the original? Any advice on preparing for my retake? How long did you have to wait before you could take the test again? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Reply - Report abuse

claudiakuhne in Los Banos, California

10 months ago

Now I am really dreading this test if I can even figure out how to sign up to take it. I am trying to transfer my PTA license from out of state and it sure is no easy task. Please pass on any information on how to prepare for it. Does anyone know of any video instruction to prepare for this?

Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Now I am really dreading this test if I can even figure out how to sign up to take it. I am trying to transfer my PTA license from out of state and it sure is no easy task. Please pass on any information on how to prepare for it. Does anyone know of any video instruction to prepare for this?

Reply - Report abuse

Nikkizaguirre in North Bergen, New Jersey

9 months ago

Sad to say I failed twice :(. It's a tough exam, my friends all failed as well. I'm hoping for a pass

Reply - Report abuse

Nikkizaguirre in Orange, New Jersey

9 months ago

If you want to discuss just email me at nicole.alcordo@gmail.com I'll try to give advice from my end

Reply - Report abuse

here and now in California

9 months ago

Claudia,
I found the test to be very straight forward and simple enough if you read the packet which the state provides. The answers are all within the packet. I moved here from another state and needed to take it as part of the transfer.

If you read the packet, you will probably be just fine. If you do not read the packet and just decide to take you probably will need to retake especially if you are licensed in other states because the rules are a little different with some things.

So do yourself and your wallet a favor and just make the time to prepare for it.
Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Thanks for the advice.

Reply - Report abuse

Dynamic Physical therapy Group, Inc. in Van Nuys, California

9 months ago

PTAgirl in Concord, California said: I have recently taken the CLE. To my knowledge, if you fail the law exam you can sign up again very soon. not sure if it's a week or two. it is not regulated the the NPTAE. you do not have to take the boards exam again.

We are hiring at Dynamic Physical Therapy Group, Inc. please call us we are all ways in need of PT's, OT's, PTA's, COTA's, and Speech therapist's....

Home Health staffing:
Dynamic Physical Therapy Group, Inc.
6308 Woodmen Ave., Suite 214
Van Nuys, CA 91401
DynamicPTGroup@gmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

Recent PTA Grad in Fresno, California

7 months ago

here and now in California said: Claudia, if you read the packet which the state provides. The answers are all within the packet.

Hi Claudia,

I've been reading the packet, but some of the laws are obsolete since it was published prior to 2014. Will the packet still be enough, or would you suggest looking at the amendments as well?

Reply - Report abuse

Recent PTA Grad in Fresno, California

7 months ago

here and now in California said: Claudia, if you read the packet which the state provides. The answers are all within the packet.

I've been reading the packet, but some of the laws are obsolete since it was published prior to 2014. Will the packet still be enough, or would you suggest looking at the amendments as well?

Reply - Report abuse

Pyayi9092 in Los Angeles, California

9 days ago

Hi, I passed my boards last October and I just recently took the CA Law Exam and I was just wondering if any of you knew how to know if we passed or failed the law exam? Does it have a score range like how the NPTE? Thank you!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.