Carrington College PTA program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 120)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California

47 months ago

I would like anybody and everybody's option. There is a PTA program the Carrington College formally known as Western Career College and they are offering a 20 month associate degree for 45k. This is the very first program being offered and are not accredited yet and won't be until the first class graduates, and still it is not guaranteed. Would it be worth it to go? The demand is good out here in the bay area and there is only one community college that offers the same program, but the waiting list is a long time...Any advice or comment would help.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Salinas, California

47 months ago

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California said: I would like anybody and everybody's option. There is a PTA program the Carrington College formally known as Western Career College and they are offering a 20 month associate degree for 45k. This is the very first program being offered and are not accredited yet and won't be until the first class graduates, and still it is not guaranteed. Would it be worth it to go? The demand is good out here in the bay area and there is only one community college that offers the same program, but the waiting list is a long time...Any advice or comment would help.

Thanks

First of all, $45k is extremely steep for an associates degree.

Second, if they are not accredited yet how can they expect to charge $45K

When are they supposed to be accredited?

Talk to them about if you take the pre-requisites i.e. Biology anatomy.. if you're able to transfer those so that it will not be as exepnsive.

Call and ask these questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

They request for candidacy this January and if approved the program continues and we will not know if we get accredited until our class graduate April 2012. And yes they accept the pre-requisites but If I want to start the class I have to start now without being able to take them frm a community college which would be cheaper of course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California said: They request for candidacy this January and if approved the program continues and we will not know if we get accredited until our class graduate April 2012. And yes they accept the pre-requisites but If I want to start the class I have to start now without being able to take them frm a community college which would be cheaper of course.

So if you will not know until 2012 IF they will be accredited, how do they expect to charge $45k? If they don't get accredited by then, what happens? You're $45k in debt without a license and will be working at an aides status.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

I guess they figure since they had been through the same process with other programs they offer and those programs got accredited the same way? I'm nervous but really would like to become a PTA, not sure if taking the chance would be worth it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California said: I guess they figure since they had been through the same process with other programs they offer and those programs got accredited the same way? I'm nervous but really would like to become a PTA, not sure if taking the chance would be worth it

It's a great career. Lots of options in the field to choose from and very rewarding. I would call them up speak to the dean/head of the program and ask what guarantees they are giving at this point if you are in that first class.

Also who are the instructors?

Are you getting P.T.'s,PTA's with many year's of experience, or a combination.

47 months ago

basically its like this, if they don't get candidacy this Jan we don't have to pay, but if they do and we go through the program and at graduation we don't get accredited then they submit the request again, and again so on. The instructors are good, and today was the 1st day of class which went well with the anatomy & physiology . I have a week to decided if I want to stay in it without being charged, so I guess we will see....I hope it all works out :/

agpaliso in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

Hi fia_21. I am also in the first class of the PTA program at Carrington College in Las Vegas. We have been in session for almost a month, and it is going great so far. I too had the same exact concern in the beginning of the program, but as soon as I talked to the program director and CAPTE, they reassured me about the whole process. Every program has to start somewhere, and no school would want to "fail" the accreditation process because there is a lot of time and money being spent. I know my program director gave us a statement saying if we don't obtain candidacy by January or final accreditation prior to graduation, students are able to get their money back. My class started with 24 people but now have 22. I guess the people who dropped out didn't realize how fast paced this program really was, and wasn't able to handle all the homework and exams. But my teachers are very helpful and always makes the time to become available, so that is why I feel like this program will do well in the long run. As long as you are on top of everything, I think you will do well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

agpaliso in Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

I also wanted to add some other things that put my mind at ease. The first PTA class at the Mesa Campus will be graduating in 05/11. They have already received candidacy, and is waiting for final accreditation. Carrington College follows a "corporate model" for all the schools to implement and use, and if the Mesa campus is doing well, I don't see why our programs wouldn't either. Also, since Devry took over Carrington College, the school has a great backbone. If you want to talk more, I am more willing to help. It's nice to talk to other PTA students from the different campuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

I am considering Carrington at the Boise location for PTA, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the entrance exam for the program?

Any info would be awesome!

Thanks,

JP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mduya4147 in Fremont, California

43 months ago

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California said: basically its like this, if they don't get candidacy this Jan we don't have to pay, but if they do and we go through the program and at graduation we don't get accredited then they submit the request again, and again so on. The instructors are good, and today was the 1st day of class which went well with the anatomy & physiology . I have a week to decided if I want to stay in it without being charged, so I guess we will see....I hope it all works out :/

Hey fia_21. I want to ask you a few questions about how the PTA program is going for you? Are you at the Pleasant Hill location, and how many students are in your class? I am interested in starting this school year, and am willing to take the chance even though it is not accredited. It would seem like it would be since all the other programs are, and like someone else mentioned, being under Devry, accreditation is only a matter of time. Thanks in advance for your reply!

Minh in Oakland, California

43 months ago

mduya4147 in Fremont, California said: Hey fia_21. I want to ask you a few questions about how the PTA program is going for you? Are you at the Pleasant Hill location, and how many students are in your class? I am interested in starting this school year, and am willing to take the chance even though it is not accredited. It would seem like it would be since all the other programs are, and like someone else mentioned, being under Devry, accreditation is only a matter of time. Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hello
You're living in Fremont, so you know about Ohlone college, don't you? Have you tried applying there yet?

I really want to get in PTA program as soon as possible. I have finished most prerequisites for PTA and associate degree. Ohlone college only accepts about 20 students every year. Can you believe that? Why do we have to be inferior to nursing students? In the Fall 2010, there were 70 students applying for PTA in Ohlone college. Only 25 were accepted.

I have been thinking about the PTA in Carrington College in Pleasant HIll if Ohlone College doesn't accept me. However, like you say, it's not accredited. That makes me worried.

mduya4147 in Fremont, California

43 months ago

Minh in Oakland, California said: Hello
You're living in Fremont, so you know about Ohlone college, don't you? Have you tried applying there yet?

I really want to get in PTA program as soon as possible. I have finished most prerequisites for PTA and associate degree. Ohlone college only accepts about 20 students every year. Can you believe that? Why do we have to be inferior to nursing students? In the Fall 2010, there were 70 students applying for PTA in Ohlone college. Only 25 were accepted.

I have been thinking about the PTA in Carrington College in Pleasant HIll if Ohlone College doesn't accept me. However, like you say, it's not accredited. That makes me worried.

Hey minh,

Ya I know about Ohlone's program. I saw a counselor about it about a year ago. She told me that although they use the lottery system, it isn't a blind lottery like they use for Nursing. She says that the applications are looked at and depending on what you have done, for example, have a Kinesiology degree, taken prereqs, work/volunteer experience in the field, etc. you will have a better chance than the others who just have done the required prereqs. BUT that was told to me a year ago, so things may have changed. I would love to go through the Ohlone program as well, but it just takes too long or is too hard to get into the prereqs required to be able to apply. In my case, all I need to take is the second course in the 2 course Anatomy/Physiology sequence to be able to apply since I already have my Kinesiology degree, but I can't even get in to the class because I'm always too high in the waitlist. While a vocational school is quite expensive, around 40k, at least your in for sure, given that you can pay for it. Getting a loan to pay for it doesn't seem too bad since PTA's in the bay area seem to be getting paid pretty well. Let me know if you hear of any news about the PTA program at Carrington in Pleasant Hill. Also, have you heard of IME in San Jose???

43 months ago

mduya4147 in Fremont, California said: Hey minh,

Ya I know about Ohlone's program. I saw a counselor about it about a year ago. She told me that although they use the lottery system, it isn't a blind lottery like they use for Nursing. She says that the applications are looked at and depending on what you have done, for example, have a Kinesiology degree, taken prereqs, work/volunteer experience in the field, etc. you will have a better chance than the others who just have done the required prereqs. BUT that was told to me a year ago, so things may have changed. I would love to go through the Ohlone program as well, but it just takes too long or is too hard to get into the prereqs required to be able to apply. In my case, all I need to take is the second course in the 2 course Anatomy/Physiology sequence to be able to apply since I already have my Kinesiology degree, but I can't even get in to the class because I'm always too high in the waitlist. While a vocational school is quite expensive, around 40k, at least your in for sure, given that you can pay for it. Getting a loan to pay for it doesn't seem too bad since PTA's in the bay area seem to be getting paid pretty well. Let me know if you hear of any news about the PTA program at Carrington in Pleasant Hill. Also, have you heard of IME in San Jose???

Can I know where you finished your kinesiology degree? If I'm not wrong, you should have finished anatomy and physiology in order to get the degree, correct? Why do you have to take them again? Is it over 5 years period?

PTA in Ohlone College requires applicants to complete anatomy and physiology within 5 years period. I think all you need is the Introduction to Physical Therapy course (PTA 101) in Ohlone in order to be eligible for application. It is unless you finished anatomy and physiology more than 5 years ago.

odblacksheep in Fremont, California

43 months ago

hey Minh, I did finish one course in anatomy physiology but because my option didn't require me to take the second course, I didn't. The counselor said I need the second course as well to be able to apply.

43 months ago

odblacksheep in Fremont, California said: hey Minh, I did finish one course in anatomy physiology but because my option didn't require me to take the second course, I didn't. The counselor said I need the second course as well to be able to apply.

That's interesting to hear. Where did you graduate? I only know Cal State East Bay has Kinesiology program, and students need both Anatomy and Physiology (together or separate) to graduate. If graduating with a Kinesiology degree helps me find a job easily, I would not hesitate the loan and apply in East Bay. I was accepted but decided to decline the admission.

Anyway, it's too late for me to take the PTA 101 in Ohlone college now. I have to wait until the coming Fall. I hope both of us will be admitted into the program next year.

70 students applied last year, and only 25 were accepted. Can you believe that? PTA applicants are much less than nursing students, yet the program is still impacted. The funny thing is when I check PTA classes, there are many vacancies. I don't know if this program is that difficult or the school doesn't have enough resources to accept more students.

43 months ago

Hey Minh, I graduated from CSUEASTBAY in Kinesiology with the Physical Education Teaching
option. I think you misunderstood me. For the PET option, all I needed to take was BIO2010 (which is anatomy/physiology). There is a BIO2020, the second anatomy/physiology that follows BIO2010, which has to be taken depending on what option you choose: Exercise fitness and wellness, pre physical therapy or athletic training. The only problem I have is getting into the second anatomy/physiology class because it get filled up so fast with too many people waitlisted. I think I'm going to take the chance with one of the vocational schools that are in the process of getting accredited in PTA.

43 months ago

I forgot to mention that the counselor at Ohlone said I needed to complete Bio2020 in order to be able to apply to their program. Ya, it is such a bummer that they only accept few students. I know De Anza junior college used to have a PTA program but for some reason did away with it some five years ago??? I was taking a look at Carrington Pleasant Hill and Institute of Medical Education San Jose. I'm getting so anxious that I might just end up enrolling in one of those two.

KW in Stone Mountain, Georgia

41 months ago

JP in Chicago, Illinois said: I am considering Carrington at the Boise location for PTA, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the entrance exam for the program?

Any info would be awesome!

Thanks,

JP

JP..CAN YOU EMAIL ME AT KG35COUPE@HOTMAIL.COM, I DO HAVE A QUESTION T O ASK IN REGARDS TO A PYA PROGRAM.
THANKYOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

will in Meridian, Idaho

40 months ago

I am interested in anyone's comments who is currently enrolled in Boise's PTA program pro or con. Thanks!

MyDreamToBePTA in Hamilton, Ontario

40 months ago

Why SO? When, that will happen. if one Day, How will that happen, my dream is to be a PTA i think that evryday i know what i think i know i would be albe to be a great i mean i great PTA .. is there anyone who could help me to realize my dream...my feeling of my dream never stop ..but now i am working in full time 12 hours shift....evrytime i go to work evrytime i come back....i say to my self i am loosing days witouth out reaching my dream WHy, i do this the answer is ....job need to be done...could i ever do going to school......and keep my job tooo if anybody tell me this or help me in this....i will never ever forget this in my life plss email me if somebody read this....

becky

37 months ago

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California said: I would like anybody and everybody's option. There is a PTA program the Carrington College formally known as Western Career College and they are offering a 20 month associate degree for 45k. This is the very first program being offered and are not accredited yet and won't be until the first class graduates, and still it is not guaranteed. Would it be worth it to go? The demand is good out here in the bay area and there is only one community college that offers the same program, but the waiting list is a long time...Any advice or comment would help.

Thanks

Ohlong college is horrible!! the teachers there almost try and fail you. there graduation rate has been 7 our of 24 students. let the numbers speak for itself. I would not go to western career college, or carrington now as they call it. 45k is alot of money, and if you don't pass, or fail a class you have to pay more and take it over. not only that, you might be right with the job market, however not around here in the bayarea. most students are traveling out of state to get nursing jobs/physical therapy. I was at ohlone college, and i looked into this carrington college. I think people are crazy, to pay that much if they are not accredited. however I'm going to find out how many have made it through, and how many get there licence before i even think about going to this school.

becky

37 months ago

Minh in Oakland, California said: Hello

Ohlone college graduation rate has been 7 or so students our of 24. let the numbers speak for you

becky

37 months ago

YES, I was in the program, it was horrible the way they were treating us. I dropped out, and so did like 10 other people. they are going on there second year, and I'm not sure but i think like 10 are left out of 24, and they haven't started the second year yet. plus i have done research and since 2005 only 7 to 9 have graduated out of 24, and one year only 6 graduated out of 24. the director plays mind games with the students, she is no help at all!!

Kim in El Dorado Hills, California

37 months ago

I go to Sacramento City College.....and it's great. We still have 28 out of 30 and entering the second year. It's a lottery to get in, not points. It's all very up front, no games. They want you to learn and pass and be successful.

Just throwing that out there.

will in Meridian, Idaho

37 months ago

Does anyone know if Carrington's Mesa Campus received full accreditation for its PTA program now that they have graduated their first class several months ago?

will in Meridian, Idaho

37 months ago

Does anyone know if carrington's mesa campus received full accreditation for its pta program now that they have graduated their first class several months ago? Thanks.

becky

37 months ago

wow, you still have that many students. Ohlone college has been passing out anywhere from 5 to 8, 9 students graduaates out of 24 students total. I was in there program, and to me with all the work, on top of the mind games they play with the students, I dropped out. the director of the program seemed enjoy treating the students like crap! I had waited for 3 years to get into the program, however I know I wouldn't make it with someone like that, so instead of paying a bunch of money I dropped.

becky

37 months ago

Kim in El Dorado Hills, California said: I go to Sacramento City College.....and it's great. We still have 28 out of 30 and entering the second year. It's a lottery to get in, not points. It's all very up front, no games. They want you to learn and pass and be successful.

I have heard that you have to have a 3.0 GPA to go into the sac program. is that true?

becky

37 months ago

Kim in El Dorado Hills, California said: I go to Sacramento City College.....and it's great. We still have 28 out of 30 and entering the second year. It's a lottery to get in, not points. It's all very up front, no games. They want you to learn and pass and be successful.

I want to ask another question if you don't mind. how many day's a week do you have lecture, and for clinicals are they willing to allow you to go to offices, or hosp closer to your home. I live in san jose, and the drive to sac would be very long for me. just wondering if you have any students in your class, that live far.

37 months ago

becky said: I have heard that you have to have a 3.0 GPA to go into the sac program. is that true?

yes you do need a 3.0 to get in. The program is fast. You need to have the background, especially A&P.

JM in Berkeley, California

37 months ago

*to becky

I’ve been just accepted to the PTA program at SCC but I can help you with some questions.
Lectures are only in the afternoons 6 to 9 or 6 to 10, three times a week.
I’ve been reading posts for awhile here and I remember that there was a girl who quit PTA program at Ohlone and transferred to SCC. She was more than happy about that!
Talking about commuting. I live 3 hours from Sacramento, in Santa Cruz county and I know that the following two years aren’t going to be easy. But it is worth the effort!

37 months ago

Hi Becky,

We have people from all over. Last year there was a group that came down from Chico. This year I have a friend who drives from Modesto, she drives every class. One girl lives in Nevada, goes home on weekends. It would be tough from the Bay Area, far from San Jose. I live about 45 miles, takes me an hour.

So, classes are 3 nights a week for both years, sometimes different days. The first year was T-W-Th evening, 6-9. second semester there is a one-day of clinic.

They do try to place you near where you live but there are no guarantees. A lot in Sac but she can get creative. Could work out well in your area.

A lot of people from far away rent a place near by and stay during the week. It's nice because they don't have a drive. I'm jealous a lot. Traffic sucks in Sac.

Sac City has a high pass rate for the NPTAE. Most who start graduate. They really try to work with you and help you if you need it. Those who drop usually have a life / money reason more than not passing the class. I work hard and have gotten all A's.

there are monthly informational meetings that are helpful. Look on SCC website.

good luck.

37 months ago

JM in Berkeley, California said: *to becky

I’ve been just accepted to the PTA program at SCC but I can help you with some questions.
Lectures are only in the afternoons 6 to 9 or 6 to 10, three times a week.
I’ve been reading posts for awhile here and I remember that there was a girl who quit PTA program at Ohlone and transferred to SCC. She was more than happy about that!
Talking about commuting. I live 3 hours from Sacramento, in Santa Cruz county and I know that the following two years aren’t going to be easy. But it is worth the effort!

Hi JM

That's a heck of a commute. Guess I'll be seeing you next month.
Kim

becky

37 months ago

wow, ok I guess I can't complain about the communt. What are you going to do, drive 3 day's a week, or stay there? The girl that left Ohlone College was she sort of a big girl? I can't remember her name, but I remember after I dropped she said something about going to scc. I really wanted to go through this program. how high does your GPA have to be, at ohlone its has to be 2.5, but I heard it has to be 3.0 at scc, is that true?

becky

37 months ago

Hi Kim

How hard was it getting into the program? I'm so tempted to do this. I really want to go through a program like this, and I'm willing to work hard.

37 months ago

Hi Becky,

There are some prereqs that need to be done. PTA 100 is a mostly on line class.

I didn't get in the first time I applied. That happens to some people but not all. It is competitive but as stated, it's a lottery as long as you qualify.

You know, I don't see a GPA requirement. but i could have missed it.

If you are interested you should check out the informational meetings that are once a month or email the director Beth. look on the website. she'll send you info.

It's a long process, but you just follow along and it gets done.

Do you have a low GPA?? Did you have trouble with A&P? It's never to early to start studying those muscles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

becky

37 months ago

Hi kim

No I got A's in anatomy and physiology, I loved those classes. I have a 2.9 I think, but since I dropped the PTA at Ohlone, I recieved W's and I don't know if they can lower your grade or not. but since then I"ve taken a few classes, like chem, and got a good grade hopefully that brought my grade up. I was just worried about those W's, but the program at Ohlone was horrible, and the teachers were mean, and it almost seem like they were looking for ways to get you kicked out. they like making you feel stuppied in front of other people. I saw a few other things the director did, and that's when I decided to bail. I have always wanted to go to scc, but the distance always retracted me from thinking about it any further. but now I'm starting to think about it again, aspecially since they have such a high graduation rate. at ohlone they graduate like 7 or even lower out of 24, and never said anything to anyone. i had to research it on my own, and when i brought it up, that's when the director started her games on me.

37 months ago

Hi Becky,

That is a tough situation. I don't know much about W's but maybe you can have those removed. try talking to a counselor at Ohlone.

As for the GPA, you can bring that up no problem. There are other specific required classes at SCC to graduate from the program. I highly recommend taking those before the program so you can fully focus on the program. That's where I'm at, I also work and have a teenager........life is crazy at times. Check it out. the other classes will keep you busy until you can apply.

It's been a tough challenging program, fast paced but no one is playing any games. And the class is a tight group.

If I lived farther, I would consider renting a room. You can get so much more done than driving in a car.

becky

37 months ago

yes, i do have the backgroud of A/P, and I did have over a 3.0, however I never thought I was going to be dropping the PTA at Ohlone. I want teachers to help, and want to see you succeed, not toy with you as if your some complete idiot. I'm still alittle upset about it, sorry if i seem rude, I dont mean to. when I left the program it was the beginning of the first semester. 9 of us left because of the same reason, different times of course, but later found out that we all had the same complaint. carrington college offers this program, but 40K is way to much for me. I posted the meeting date on the calendar. I'm going to head over there and find out more, and this will give me an idea of how long it will take to drive there. I wish this program was offered at more JC's. but its not.

37 months ago

Hey Becky,

Not rude at all. Sounds really distressing. I don't know anything about Carrington, but good to open your options. Where is that anyway? It's a lot of money. You could spend that much to live near SCC for 2 years and it's a lot less expensive.

Once you get a good direction you will feel better. It's a long process, I've been at it for a while.

JM in Berkeley, California

37 months ago

becky said: wow, ok I guess I can't complain about the communt. What are you going to do, drive 3 day's a week, or stay there? The girl that left Ohlone College was she sort of a big girl? I can't remember her name, but I remember after I dropped she said something about going to scc. I really wanted to go through this program. how high does your GPA have to be, at ohlone its has to be 2.5, but I heard it has to be 3.0 at scc, is that true?

I found that so far - abstractchick40@aol.com in Windsor, California: "Annie... did you go to Ohlone College? I went for one year and the program director said that I had a learning disability so I went to Sac City and just got my PTA AA. i am going to take the NPTE in September and hope to pass it my first try. Oholone sucks and I wonder if anyone from my class passed the NPTE. I wish you luck. Shoot me an e mail and tell me where you are working. abstractchick40 at aol dot com. "

I plan to rent a room and stay in Sac few days per week.

As Kim said you should definitely come to the information meeting and talk to the program director.

becky

37 months ago

Hey, I sent you an email. did you get it?

becky

37 months ago

fia_21 in Palo Alto, California said: I guess they figure since they had been through the same process with other programs they offer and those programs got accredited the same way? I'm nervous but really would like to become a PTA, not sure if taking the chance would be worth it

I'm in the same boat as you! I know carrington college had there first year, and I'm thinking of going there, and try and talk with students instead of administration. I think that would be my best way of finding out if its legit, and if they are happy, or if they wish they never did it.

becky

37 months ago

agpaliso in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi fia_21. I am also in the first class of the PTA program at Carrington College in Las Vegas. We have been in session for almost a month, and it is going great so far. I too had the same exact concern in the beginning of the program, but as soon as I talked to the program director and CAPTE, they reassured me about the whole process. Every program has to start somewhere, and no school would want to "fail" the accreditation process because there is a lot of time and money being spent. I know my program director gave us a statement saying if we don't obtain candidacy by January or final accreditation prior to graduation, students are able to get their money back. My class started with 24 people but now have 22. I guess the people who dropped out didn't realize how fast paced this program really was, and wasn't able to handle all the homework and exams. But my teachers are very helpful and always makes the time to become available, so that is why I feel like this program will do well in the long run. As long as you are on top of everything, I think you will do well.

see, that's where your wrong. I'm not trying to be rude, but I've heard that is one of the reasons they split there name to carrington. they use to be western career college, however they had a bunch of lawsuits after them for not paying students back there money. so now they have changed there name. I'm really suspicous of that, becareful!

joseph in Meridian, Idaho

37 months ago

Correct me if I am wrong...I understand that the former Western Career College and current Carrington Boise was most recently named Apollo College and after being bought by DeVry Institute, they changed their name to Carrington to avoid bad press and confusion with the Apollo group that owns University of Phoenix. I am looking into attending this fall and haven't found any evidence of lawsuits at the Boise campus. I am somewhat hesitant because the PTA program is not fully accredited however I did see through the CAPTE website that Carrington Mesa's PTA received full accreditation just prior to its first class graduating this spring. The cost is very high but the only other option in Idaho is four hours away at the the University of Idaho which admits 20 students per year.

joseph in Meridian, Idaho

37 months ago

I meant Idaho State which is four hours away in Pocatello (not University of idaho).

blacksheep in Fremont, California

36 months ago

From the jobs being posted online, it looks like the bay area has quite a bit of demand for PTA's. Just saying.

Future PTA in Gilbert, Arizona

36 months ago

^^Becky, that is seriously one of the dumbest comments I have ever read. Carrington costs 40K because it is a private, for profit school, not because of illegal aliens. I mean seriously...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PTAWANNABE in Oakland, California

36 months ago

Is this thread dead lol? I am also looking into Carrington's program in pleasant hill. I am going to talk with them in person tomorrow. I wen to school for medical assisting a few years ago and that was a waste of money but only because I didn't realize until graduation that medical assistant is not a career I would be satisfied with. I'm 25 and I am really interested in physical therapy but not DPT. Its just gonna take too damn long and I'm already getting older. I am ready to have a decent career like yesterday.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.