Cerritos college PTA acceptance?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Bruce in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

Hello!!!

I applied this year for the PTA program that will start in the fall 12. I was wondering if anyone else has applied there and if they have gotten accepted. Applicants are suppose to hear this month. Thanks guys!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

terry mcginnis in lakewood, California

25 months ago

I applied as well. They told me they would notify the applicants mid june, I haven't heard anything yet. Do you have a science degree, work experience or any other points? I have a kin bs and pt aide experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DayWalker562 in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

Wow seems like you have a lot of points! what kin option are you? I should have applied elsewhere but I havent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

I did therapeutic services. What about u? Do u have any experience ? I also applied to this college in San Diego.

25 months ago

I did Kinesiotherapy BS, but no PT aide experience points. I'm super anxious to know if I got in!

25 months ago

So am I. Do you have volunteer experience?

25 months ago

Bruce in Los Angeles, California said: So am I. Do you have volunteer experience?

Yes but thats only like 4 points

25 months ago

I will be out of the office until Monday, Aug 20 when fall semester starts. I will check e-mail occasionally. My e-mail priorities will be current students, internship facility sites, and Cerritos faculty and staff. If you have submitted an application for the PTA program starting in August, applications are currently being scored and processed. There was a very high volume this year and we do not expect to send letters until late June. All applicants will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance by postal mail. If you want further information about the PTA program or wish to submit an application for 2013, please telephone the Health Occupations staff at For assistance with other matters, please use the phone number listed. The Health Occupations staff will be in the office all summer Mon-Thurs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Fullerton, California

25 months ago

Did they email you that? I can only imagine how many applications they received. I'm stressed out now!

Bruce in Fullerton, California

25 months ago

By the way thanks for the update :)

25 months ago

Yea that was an automatic email response. Have you calculated how many points you will have? I think I'm at around 35-45, depending on what classes count as science classes.

25 months ago

I counted about 38 points but im still not sure what classes they would count. Did you apply some place else?

25 months ago

Nope..I should have though seeing as how competitive Cerritos is.

egardley19 in Santa Fe Springs, California

24 months ago

I have applied to the program as well. Has anyone heard anything yet??

24 months ago

DayWalker562 in Los Angeles, California said: I did Kinesiotherapy BS, but no PT aide experience points. I'm super anxious to know if I got in!

Hey, where did you get your BS from??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

CSULA. You?

24 months ago

Bruce in Los Angeles, California said: CSULA. You?

Nice.. Cal Poly SLO. This wait is killing me.. I want in so bad

24 months ago

Haha it's killing everyone!! I'm waiting on a reply on this school and another.

24 months ago

That's cool. Well goodluck man.. Hopefully we hear back sooner rather than later.

24 months ago

CSULB...We will hear late June, prob early July
To be honest theres like 400 applicants. I think the only for sure way to get into cerritos is by having A LOT of points which means you need a science degree, extra science classes besides those required for the degree, All A's, and 3+ years of PT aide experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Pomona, California

24 months ago

I haven't heard anything yet, but it is nice to now I'm not the only one.

egardley19 in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

I have a letter from cerritos waiting for me at home! I hope its the acceptance/denial letter. Thy will be done!

24 months ago

Good luck!!! :)

Mike in Pomona, California

24 months ago

I just got my letter in the mail and I was denied. Looks like I will be spending the year taking pre-reqs for PT school instead.

24 months ago

Sorry to hear mike. If you don't mind me asking, how many points did you have and did it give u a reason?

DayWalker562 in Pasadena, California

24 months ago

They mailed them out yesterday, Im outside waiting for my mailman now

DayWalker562 in Pasadena, California

24 months ago

son of bitchs denied me..I'm gonna apply to loma linda now

24 months ago

Day walker: are you serious!? You had a lot of points! I applied to Loma Linda earlier this year and was placed on a wait list. I'm re applying in aug if I get denied

egardley19 in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

Bruce in Los Angeles, California said: I counted about 38 points but im still not sure what classes they would count. Did you apply some place else?

did you get in??

24 months ago

In waiting for the mail man

24 months ago

Gt denied. Geez I guess it's difficult to get in!

dazeyjo in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

Just got my letter today. I'm on the alternate list. Any idea what the hope or reality is for that?

physio in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

First and foremost I admire all your persistence and courage for applying, I too did not make for this year's list

Future PTA in Bellevue, Washington

24 months ago

God, the admission process at that school is such a joke, now even Kines degrees can't get in. That school seriously needs to reevaluate their admission criteria. How is somebody who has a degree in Chemistry more qualified than a degree in liberal arts to do PTA? Or someone with no degree for that matter...the only way they could do it worse is to have a wait list like almost every other CA school.

I feel sorry for people who have no other option but to stay in CA to attend PTA school. Its a horrible state to try and get into school and get out quickly.

steven in Gardena, California

24 months ago

What was your guys grades for the prereqs and gpa? Do they only go by the point system? What was everyone reasons of not getting in? I am applying there next year. I have few withdrawals at my my community college and will be transferring to csulb this semester to pursue bs kin in exercise science.

Johnnyboy in Orange, California

24 months ago

Hey guys..
I was accepted into the PTA program for fall 2012, and i want to just let people know to not be discouraged and to keep trying as i was denied my 1st time (basically go back to school and if your not an aide already, be one).. So you probobly want to know my credentials so u have comparables, here you go...
-I have a BS in kinesiology with emphasis in exercise science from Long Beach Sate
- nearly 3 years paid experience as an aide
- anatomy- A
- Physiology - B
- Microbiology - B (HIGHLY recommend u take)
- medical terminology - A (make sure its a 3 unit course, HIGHLY recommend)
- pathology- A
- exercise physiology- B
- Biomechanics- C
- Applied Biomechanics - B
- cardio exercise- C
- an EKG course too long to name (lol)- B
- Inorganic chemistry (Both parts) - B & C
- physics (both courses 1&2) - B & C
- and thats all i think they might have counted that i can think of..
So there u go..
This might sound crazy as well but i may not actually attend the pta program as i was also accepted into a nursing program as well which i may end up taking up but not sure yet, and im also in the process of applying to PT and PA schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

even better, Im going to concorde. with my BS I can shorten the program by 5 months.

Manny in Santa Ana, California

21 months ago

First of all congratulations.

Im looking for some guidence, Im about to take my GED test, as soon as I pass it. I will be enrolling into Cerritos College. My goal is to become a PTA just like you guys. As I read you guys situation it seems further and further for me. Specially since Im just beginning. Can some one please guide me on the do's and dont's. Since I dont have ANY experience or knowledge I was thinking taking an online course for PT Aide from Ashworth. Reason why is because after that i would like to volunteer at a hospital or clinic to get hands on experience. That would hopefully lead to a job as a PT aide. I should began taking some classes during spring 2013. my goal is to pass them with As & Bs. My plan is to enroll by 2014. any help is greatly apr

mollyKINS in Eureka, California

16 months ago

I have been reading everyone's responses and I just can't believe how competitive Cerritos is! Wow! I applied to Loma Linda's PTA program this last go around and will be starting June 2013! I am really excited! If anyone is interested in applying to LLU's PTA program I will give you my stats so you have a general idea of what they are looking for as far as GPA and experience is concerned.

B.S. in Kinesiology/Pre-PT
3.2 Overall GPA
200+ hours volunteer experience
300+ hours pt aid work experience
Anatomy- B
Physiology- B
Physics- B
Human Development- B+
Abnormal Psychology- B
English- A
Comm- B+
Religious Studies- B+
etc.

I hope this helps for all of you interested in Loma Linda! Good luck future PTA's!

therapist 562 in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

has anyone applied for this years cerritos program!? what does your app look like? deadline is april 15th

Cperez09 in Arcata, California

15 months ago

therapist 562 in Los Angeles, California said: has anyone applied for this years cerritos program!? what does your app look like? deadline is april 15th

Cperez09 in Stockton, California said: Looking for any advise. Please and thank you!
I am graduating from Humboldt State University this May and I applied to Cerritos College for the Fall.

I am graduating with a BS in Kinesiology with an emphasis in pre physical therapy. Here are some of my stats:
Physics 1- A-
Physics 2- A
Chem 1- B+
Chem 2- B+
Anatomy- B-
Physiology- C
Exercise physiology-A
Motor development/ motor learning -A
Structural Kinesiology-A
Biology-A

I have also been a pt aide for an outpatient clinic for a year now and have volunteer experiences in SNF, hospital, and pediatrics. I am currently taking an upper division physiology course and a biomechanics class. I was an anatomy TA for a semester.

15 months ago

Cperez09 in Arcata, California said: Cperez09 in Stockton, California said: Looking for any advise. Please and thank you!
I am graduating from Humboldt State University this May and I applied to Cerritos College for the Fall.

I am graduating with a BS in Kinesiology with an emphasis in pre physical therapy. Here are some of my stats:
Physics 1- A-
Physics 2- A
Chem 1- B+
Chem 2- B+
Anatomy- B-
Physiology- C
Exercise physiology-A
Motor development/ motor learning -A
Structural Kinesiology-A
Biology-A

I have also been a pt aide for an outpatient clinic for a year now and have volunteer experiences in SNF, hospital, and pediatrics. I am currently taking an upper division physiology course and a biomechanics class. I was an anatomy TA for a semester.

that looks really good, you need at least 50 points to get in from what ive heard...10 are pre reqs, 10 if you have aide experience and the rest (30 or more the better) from additional science classes

15 months ago

therapist 562 in Los Angeles, California said: that looks really good, you need at least 50 points to get in from what ive heard...10 are pre reqs, 10 if you have aide experience and the rest (30 or more the better) from additional science classes

Thanks! I have heard the same, which makes me nervous. I've heard you get more points for the grades you earned in all classes. Not entirely sure what they consider related science courses

15 months ago

they consider kinesiology classes with labs, physics, chemistry, microbio andbiology courses..heres my stats and points as ive calculated

10 points for GE
10 points for PT aide experience
30-50 POINTS FOR RELATED SCIENCE CLASSES, DEPENDING ON IF THEY COUNT ALL OF THEM OR NOT
3 POINTS FOR A 3 UNIT CLASS A, 5 POINTS FOR A 5 UNIT CLASS A

Microbiology B
Anatomy C
Human Physiology C
KIN 588L
Kinesiotherapy clinical training I Lab B
KIN 589
Kinesiotherapy clinical training II B
KIN 589L
Kinesiotherapy clinical training II Lab B
KIN 430
Motor Control Principal and Theory A
KIN 588
Clinical Basis Kinesiotherapy B
KIN 427
Physical & Motor Assessment B
KIN 485
Neurological & Pathological Findings for Kinesiotherapy B
PSY 241
Psychobiology A
PSY 341
Neuropsychology A
KIN 405
Cardio Exercise w/ Lab C
KIN 309
Developmental & Therapeutic exercise B
KIN 301
Exercise Physiology C
KIN 315
Motor Development B
KIN 300
Biomechanics of Human Movement B
KIN 312
Motor Control & Learning B
CHEM 101
General Chemistry C
PHYS 100A
General Physics C

FEEDBACK PEOPLE?? WHAT CLASSES DO YOU HAVE

15 months ago

Sheesh. I thought I was a good applicant. Well done! I bet you'll get accepted.

15 months ago

im worried because some people have physics 1 and 2, chem 1 and 2 on top of their B.S

Cperez09

15 months ago

Well that may be but you have tons of other kins classes. I wouldn't worry abour your application. Worst case scenario for yours is that you only have like 50 points....that's still really competitive. Do they only count kins classes with labs? A couple of my classes (motor development, for example) dont have them. I am worried they wont count those.

14 months ago

they said there are 315 applicants this year, and will be mailing out the letters around mid June

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lorena G in Long Beach, California

13 months ago

I called Cerritos yesterday and they stated the letters should be sent out late June!

12 months ago

verrrryyy anxious at this point..whats your stats, Lorena G??

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.