Chattahoochee Tech College in GA - PTA program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

mrallstar in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

Has anyone gone through or happens to know anyone who has gone through the PTA program here? I'm thinking of applying. Would love any insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Woodstock, Georgia

29 months ago

I just heard from someone who was just accepted that the program has been deferred until January of 2013. Apparently, the Program Director, Dr. Portee has resigned. Heard a lot of negative comments from other people about the program but who knows if it's all true. Clearly, if they have to defer the program until next year something is not right.

lgd22 in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

It is true.....I am currently in pre-req stage for the PTA program at ChattTech...consider atlanta metro tech instead. ChattTech is not the best school by far....I may tranfer myself.

taurus20red in Snellville, Georgia

26 months ago

I was considering applying to the pta program at ChattTech next yr too but after reading this I dont know if I should waste my time. Can anybody tell me whats wrong with that school? Can anybody recommend any other good pta schools in Ga? I looked at the APTA website and I did not see Atlanta Metro Tech listed as an accredited school for PTA.

AWil in Woodstock, Georgia

7 months ago

Actually, it is a great program. Nothing is wrong with the school. Dr. Puffer, the new program director is amazing. The start was deferred to Jan 2013 for the cohort that just finished (I was in that group). When the previous director resigned, it was necessary to take time to hire new teachers and clinical coordinator. I cannot recommend the program enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charity Jacks in Atlanta, Georgia

6 months ago

AWil in Woodstock, Georgia said: Actually, it is a great program. Nothing is wrong with the school. Dr. Puffer, the new program director is amazing. The start was deferred to Jan 2013 for the cohort that just finished (I was in that group). When the previous director resigned, it was necessary to take time to hire new teachers and clinical coordinator . I cannot recommend the program enough.

AWil, how is the program? Was it super hard to get in? I am wanting to switch over there in the fall to take my conceptual physics and then apply for the PTA program. I am not a A student by any means, but I have passed all of the other required courses plus some with a C or better. I just haven't heard a lot of feedback from other students going through this program, and I didn't know of it was packed with applicants or if it is realistic to get in? Thanks for your insight!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.