Currently on PTI, can I still go to PTA school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Mari in Trenton, New Jersey

28 months ago

Hey folks. I am currently on the PTI (pre-trial intervention) program lasting about 6 months. The arrest will be pulled up looking into my record but no convictions (phew!). I was wondering, will this affect my entry into school or even omit me from going? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xnmmi in Lancaster, California

28 months ago

The school only wants your money - they don't care about your background. I was enrolled at a 4 year fully accredited university earlier this year and I had 3, count 'em 3 guys on probation in the class. 2 of them had to have their grades for the court every 6 weeks and all 3 had to have their attendance sent in on a bi weekly basis. They will not be working in the field (Solar Energy) for any of the big names in the industry and 1 of the guys had his DL permanently revoked - no driving ever for him - but he was in school and has the student loans to prove it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Thanks!!

Jon in Garvin, Oklahoma

27 months ago

Mari in Trenton, New Jersey said: Hey folks. I am currently on the PTI (pre-trial intervention) program lasting about 6 months. The arrest will be pulled up looking into my record but no convictions (phew!). I was wondering, will this affect my entry into school or even omit me from going? Thanks.

I wouldn't hid the pending trial from the school. It may keep you out of the program this go around, but if the program is worth their salt, you'll never get in if you're not honest. If you're convicted, depending on the charge, it will likely keep you from being granted application to sit for the test in your state.

24 months ago

No convictions, it is a disorderly persons conduct that will be expunged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jjc000 in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

I just graduated from pta school. I have 2 convictions. But I may not be able to sit for the state exam.

jjc000 in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

You will be fine

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.